Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? (4875 Views)

Nine Ministers Seeking Elective Positions Resign / 2023 Presidency: Group Shortlists 18 Potential Igbo Candidates / Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by NoFucksToGive: 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
APCHaram:

Goes to show that Igbos are the tribalistic goats and not Tinubu

Seun mynd44 Dominique Lalasticlala
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Maazieze(m): 8:53pm On Apr 13, 2023
APCHaram:

Cry harder

ive noticed your useless shit is less spread all over the forum. good to see Seun's policy is driving out tribalists.

in the meanwhile please keep spewing nonsense
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Christistruth03: 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2023
Obi with him Igbo sense jejely dy avoid core north grin. I believe Obi just want to shared off fats and nothing serious

Then what is he dragging in Lagos if he refuses to take on Kano

That is pure Tribalism
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by APCHaram: 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2023
mycar:
igbos there are into business and not politics, not everyone is interested in political position.

Oh really ?

So why did LP field Igbo candidates from top to bottom in Lagos ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by honeyB2018: 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2023
[quote author=APCHaram post=120030397]Even Sabo Garin where they are the vast majority , one would have expected they do like their brothers in Alimosho , Lagos and contest for at least ward councillor position.

So , if I may ask: why then are igbos contesting elective positions in Lagos under the Marxist LP but dare not do same in the Igbo Goshen of Sabo Garin , Kano?

My brother, please stop disgracing yourself.
Ask yourself the same question, why is no Lagosian contesting for any elective positions in any other part of South West Even as low as a councillorship position.?
Is Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo, Osun States not part of the South West?
Awolowo Came from Ogun State to play his politics in Lagos State.
M.K.O came to Lagos State to play his politics and do business from Ogun State
Tinubu came from Osun to contest election in Lagos State
Obasa came to do the same here
I was told that Sanwo-Olu did same also
Solomon Olamilekan (Yayi) did same here
Prof.OSinbanjo did same
Lai Mohammed's son did same
James Faleke did same also
And many more.
Can anyone from LAGOS state do same in any Yoruba land Or Kogi and Kwara state?
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by ayokellany: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2023
OP Igbos will not live to tell the tale if such should dare mistakenly happen na SW Dem de hyperventilate

Maazieze:

ive noticed your useless shit is less spread all over the forum. good to see Seun's policy is driving out tribalists.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Christistruth03: 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
Moh247:

Even Lord Lugard reports to house of lords

What did Lord Lugard say?
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by T8ksy(m): 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2023
Christistruth03:

Then what is he dragging in Lagos if he refuses to take on Kano

That is pure Tribalism

I don't believe this is tribalism rather, it's a simple case of self-preservation grin

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by APCHaram: 4:35pm On Jun 15, 2023
Maazieze:

I will keep exposing you vipers
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by KwuoteYourFada: 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2023
APCHaram:

Just like you end up beating up your brothers and sisters during the last elections

Pig!

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Odumegwu444: 6:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
Bra,
You wan send us to early graves in the Land of "Baa Turanchi"?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by KwuoteYourFada: 6:37pm On Jun 15, 2023
APCHaram:

Keep Uncle Addie's name from your filthy slave mouth .
Lol slave are those crying others wants to take over Thier land

Pig
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Christistruth03: 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2023
T8ksy:

[color=#000099][i]I don't believe this is tribalism rather, it's a simple case of self-preservation

grin

grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by ejimatic: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
APCHaram:
Even Sabo Garin where they are the vast majority , one would have expected they do like their brothers in Alimosho , Lagos and contest for at least ward councillor position.

So , if I may ask: why then are igbos contesting elective positions in Lagos under the Marxist LP but dare not do same in the Igbo Goshen of Sabo Garin , Kano?

Abi, one Nigeria no reach the former no man's land of Sabo Garin , Kano.?
I wonder ooo especially when a Hausa man is the Deputy Governor of Anambra and ten other Hausas are House members in Enugu State grin. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by HenryWilliams(m): 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
DMerciful:
Its good you avoid SE however Igbos benefit from every inch of Nigeria so we have more advantages

You're benefitting cos you're still being allowed to trade feely..
Wait till the music stops .
Then you'll know where the wind blows.
be wise and relocate your business to the East..
The tsunami coming won't contain you igbos in SW

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Maazieze(m): 9:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
APCHaram:

Exposing to who? Your alternate accounts?
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Alaigbomaster: 9:21pm On Jun 15, 2023
mycar:
igbos there are into business and not politics, not everyone is interested in political position.
The owners of kano don't have time for long talks
Any mishap and they slit their throats and nothing will happen.

The ibos there just live in fear, mind their business and grateful to the Hausas for allowing them to stay

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Alaigbomaster: 10:05pm On Jun 15, 2023
APCHaram:

Their existence in Kano is one step above rodents .

Pathetic!

Face your Papa house dem no gree .

One ibo corper like 2 years ago once called me on the street of kano, in Gwale LG and asked me if that was a mosque while pointing to a mosque, i told him yes, he then asked further if he could pass through the front, i just started laughing and told him yes of course.

But dem don see Yoruba finish, na to dey drag with them

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 10:18pm On Jun 15, 2023
E be like say you still young. You dey threaten Igbos? Dey play!
HenryWilliams:

You're benefitting cos you're still being allowed to trade feely..
Wait till the music stops .
Then you'll know where the wind blows.
be wise and relocate your business to the East..
The tsunami coming won't contain you igbos in SW
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by NASTYNASOSO: 11:37pm On Jun 15, 2023
pandax:

He can win without the core North in 2023

HMMMMMMM

YOU SIMPLY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT POLITICS NOT EVEN MENTIONING NAIJA POLITICS.
PUT IT INTO YOU BRIAN LESS SKULL THERE OS NO WAY YOU CAN WIN ANY PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WITHOUT GETTING CHUNK VOTES FROM THE CORE NORTH.
THEY ARE EITHER NO 1 OR 2 THAT'S TO SIGNIFY THEIR RELEVANCE .
ZOMBIE OBIDIENT
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by T8ksy(m): 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

One ibo corper like 2 years ago once called me on the street of kano, in Gwale LG and asked me if that was a mosque while pointing to a mosque, i told him yes, he then asked further if he could pass through the front, i just started laughing and told him yes of course.

But dem don see Yoruba finish, na to dey drag with them

@ bolded.............Yeah, you are quite right in your assertion but one thing is sure, yorubas will never concede an inch of her territory to some immigrants from the never risen sun.

Moreover, all other groups in the country are watching
how igbos are dragging lagos with the yorubas. No group , especially the minority groups will want to have any thing to do with them as it's certain that, the igbos will simply dominate them even in their own backyard.

I mean, if igbos can be this serious about extending their sphere of influence to a major state like Yorubas' lagos, then who among the minority groups can stop them from "colonising" their region, too.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by oyatz(m): 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2023
Christistruth03:

Very Believable
But it is wrong to drag someone else's Ancestral Heritage like this one here below

It is not as if they really hate Yorubas per see, all these are means to an end- POWER.

It all boils down to competition for power.

The Igbos in Lagos also want to exercise powers in the State like being able to become Governors, Commissioners, Senators ,Reps and all the privileges that come with it just as the Yorubas have been doing since.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by oyatz(m): 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
kettykin:
Why was Kano not a former capital of Nigeria

That is not the reason.

Although, Kano is fairly Cosmopolitan and there are many non-indigenes that have succeeded politically in Kano but the Political Climate in Kano is not favourable for Igbos to participate in the Politics of the State.

Non-indigenes with similar cultural values and common Islamic Heritage that have accepted and imbibed the Culture of Kano are allowed to participate and rise in the politics of Kano.
For instance, the Late Alh Barkin Zuwo (Nupe) and Sen Ibrahim Shekarau (Barbur) became Senators and Governors in Kano despite being non-indigenes because they have 'naturalized' as Kano people.

Tanko Yakassai and Sani Abacha are proud Kano men despite being 'non- indigenes' whose sons contested for Governorship of Kano.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by oyatz(m): 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2023
T8ksy:

@ bolded.............Yeah, you are quite right in your assertion but one thing is sure, yorubas will never concede an inch of her territory to some immigrants from the never risen sun.

Moreover, all other groups in the country are watching
how igbos are dragging lagos with the yorubas. No group , especially the minority groups will want to have any thing to do with them as it's certain that, the igbos will simply dominate them even in their own backyard.

I mean, if igbos can be this serious about extending their sphere of influence to a major state like Yorubas' lagos, then who among the minority groups can stop them from "colonising" their region, too.

Actually, there is nothing bad if Igbos want to be Governor or hold political posts in Lagos since we are one country with the doctrine of equality of citizens. However, it will become problematic if this concept is only applicable in one direction.

However, if non-Igbos can't exercise similar rights in Igbo States, then it will look like invasion & colonization of Lagos.

The minority tribes in the defunct Eastern Region rejected Biafra (in which Igbo will be the only majority tribe) because they understand this phenomenon earlier and better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soboma George Killed / How Much Respect Do You Show Igbos? By Ena Ofugara / IPOB Should Join Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.