Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,534 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? (3055 Views)

How Do I Write A Program Proposal For A Radio Station? Pls Help / Cost Of Acquiring A Radio Station Licence In Nigeria / Starting A Radio Or TV Station? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by 4reigningqueen: 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2011
A guy who has never used a shaving stick before saw an advert on tv where a man was smiling and shaving in the bathroom.a beautiful woman came in and started playing with the mans jaw because it was so smooth.so this guy decided to buy this same shaving stick.the first thing he noticed was that it is not possible to be shaving and smilling at the same time.he slept and woke up the second day only to discover bumps as big as beans on his jaw.
Another person listened to a radio advert calling for admission in a certain school.they claimed the school had qualified teachers,labs etcby the time the child finished the first term he couldnt spell his own name again.
Another person heard on the radio about how to make money.he traced the adress that was announced gave them the amount of money they asked for and was told to come back at a certain time.by the time he got there,they have moved away so he is now blaming the radio station.are there regulators here in Nigeria,wot can be done to at least reduce this to the bearest minimum
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2011
there is only ONE way to deal with such issues, and that's that they should USE THEIR BRAIN!!!!
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by LilyZ(f): 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2011
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 06, 2011
All I can do is laugh, obnoxious situation though. I have never been deceived because when I eventually want to deal with you, I tell you the reasons I am buying your product, if you know its just marketing gimmicks let me know now before you get court notice because of toothbrush. grin These days I no longer shout I ensure you spend reasonable money and chill out for sometime in a mosquito infested court room and cell. You will be amazed at the charges that some of these petty transactions can conjure and the following penalty.
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by seedord247(m): 1:29am On Sep 06, 2011
lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by itiswell1(m): 6:58am On Sep 06, 2011
lwkmd. Use your brain and look before you leap.
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by MMM2(m): 7:17am On Sep 06, 2011
nope
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by Basics007: 7:29am On Sep 06, 2011
Funny post. Actually i was deceived by that Etisalat radio advert. Told me to register my line in June and will give me back 30% of all my recharges. I must have loaded 30k since then,kobo they didnt give me. Silly people.
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by An0nimus: 8:13am On Sep 06, 2011
^^ I fell for the Etisalat Ad too.
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by harpo(m): 8:16am On Sep 06, 2011
Mine was not an advert it was the presenter on radio (name withheld)  that deceived me, it was announced that Jackie Chan was dead, for which i broadcasted immediately on my facebook page, only to find out 30mins later that it was a hoax.

Thought me a lesson though
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by 4reigningqueen: 8:24am On Sep 06, 2011
Airtel is fond of withhelding information just to decieve.when you ask the customer care agent why that is not included in the advert they will never give you a good response
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by oneuniquemind(m): 8:51am On Sep 06, 2011
A frnd fall victim of mtn fun link reloadded N20 daily charges
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by obiscolly(m): 10:21am On Sep 06, 2011
those mtn guyz are just fraudstars. when i first saw their advert on that their funlink package i thought it was good cos they were like 40 free sms daily, 3mb data bundle daily, 4 hours of free call daily and sturvs like that. I was tempted to try it out cos it was just a daily access fee of N25 and i never got any of those. After further research i later found out that all the nonsense they were talkn about was only valid for the period of 12.20am-4.30am, i mean, who does that?? + why did they hide that fact from the public if there were sure their offer wasn't crap. I had to switch to their family and friends package not because i wanted to,, just to avoid their N25 daily deduction from my account from something i don't use.
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by TeskyMan(m): 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2011
obiscolly:

those mtn guyz are just fraudstars. when i first saw their advert on that their funlink package i thought it was good cos they were like 40 free sms daily, 3mb data bundle daily, 4 hours of free call daily and sturvs like that. I was tempted to try it out cos it was just a daily access fee of N25 and i never got any of those. After further research i later found out that all the nonsense they were talkn about was only valid for the period of 12.20am-4.30am, i mean, who does that?? + why did they hide that fact from the public if there were sure their offer wasn't crap. I had to switch to their family and friends package not because i wanted to,, just to avoid their N25 daily deduction from my account from something i don't use.
oneuniquemind:

A frnd fall victim of mtn fun link reloadded N20 daily charges

I don't believe people can still fall for tricks being played by "Empty Hen". Read my lips - MTN does not have any good package to offer. You better look the other way.
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by knotty(m): 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2011
MOBITEL 4G fast internet modem.
4g ko, four goats ni.
It is off air more times than it is on. Mobile adverts lured me into it. and slower than NRC train trip to Nguru from Lagos.
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by Donchy(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2011
some time for some company to excel thy must deceive but read meaning into it first and be sure

i think you guys should check out for this, will attach it,

Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by samyng(m): 9:33pm On Sep 06, 2011
MINE IS MOBITEL 4G AS I WAS DECEIVED BY THEIR ADS ON FACEBOOK AND RADIO 10X FASTER THAN 3G, 

sad sad
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 07, 2011
All ads are meant to deceive people into buying their product.
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by mendax: 5:07am On Sep 07, 2011
yeah, there should definitely be regulators to prevent fraudulent or deceptive adverts in mass media. I remember earlier this year, the regulator in UK (ofcom) actually banned a burger king or McDonalds advert (not sure which again), because they claim it falsely represents the size of burger the customer actually gets! Also, there was a move by ofcom to ban companies advertising misleading internet broadband speeds. it says that even though some customers do get upto those speeds, most customers dont and as a result is misleading.

so its not a function of using your brain, but people do need some level of protection from misleading adverts.
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by samyng(m): 5:32am On Sep 07, 2011
mendax:

yeah, there should definitely be regulators to prevent fraudulent or deceptive adverts in mass media. I remember earlier this year, the regulator in UK (ofcom) actually banned a burger king or McDonalds advert (not sure which again), because they claim it falsely represents the size of burger the customer actually gets! Also, there was a move by ofcom to ban companies advertising misleading internet broadband speeds. it says that even though some customers do get upto those speeds, most customers dont and as a result is misleading.

so its not a function of using your brain, but people do need some level of protection from misleading adverts.

YES SURE I AGREE WITH YOU THERE SHOULD BE REGULATORS IN THIS COUNTRY TO CHECK ALL THIS AS THIS THINGS ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by Valto(m): 8:26am On Sep 07, 2011
Basics007:

Funny post. Actually i was deceived by that Etisalat radio advert. Told me to register my line in June and will give me back 30% of all my recharges. I must have loaded 30k since then,kobo they didnt give me. Silly people.
Basics007:

An0nimus:

^^ I fell for the Etisalat Ad too.
pls dont spoil etisalat good name here. I got my 30% in two of my etisalat sim that i registered in june.(i got #1850) All my friends that registered in june,july and august got theirs too. So check well b4 runing etisalat down,cos they arent like thieving mtn.
Re: Have You Ever Been Decieved By A Radio Or Tv Advert? by blank(f): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2011
I got my Etisalat recharge, N1,800. Just for registering. They even sent me texts telling me when the period would expire.

(1) (Reply)

Customized Wristabnd Suppliers / Importers Lets See Your Collection / My Bank Account Balance Show -15,509.32 / Earn Money(in Dollars) Just By Typing... Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.