Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,157 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu (13159 Views)

Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me / Nigerians Know The Truth, Peter Obi Replies Tinubu / Peter Obi Replies Tinubu Over 'Derogatory' Remark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by sinero: 12:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
clinician2x:

You are a fool.

The ones that borrowed and squandered till your budget is not even enough to pay loans, how many infrastructure can you boast of.

A greater majority of Nigerians are plain idiots.

That is why every intelligent person who strives to get above average must japa.

Competing with these idiots, you're wasting your time.

You are calling another person a fool when you are actually the ignoramus. If other governors like tinubu then didn't set the blue print for infrastructural development and continuity in lagos, would people be trooping into lagos enmasse to seek opportunities?
A father saving money when he is yet to feed his children and pay their school fees is a useless father.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by ysth(m): 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
yeahh:
Its better to invest than save.....you don't make money by saving
but you can only invest what you save. If you squander it all how then do you invest?
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by CSTRR: 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
Golan007:
Your monolithic Anambra state is burning.

Even your daughter did Lagos japa.
And that is not his fault.

He is a civilian just like you.

Infact, it's a bigger reason why we should vote for him.

The apc led federal government and the state governments in the south east are to blame, not a common civilian like peter obi.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by brainint: 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Financial prudence

On your mandate we stand

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by Owontime: 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nigeria will be safe with an IPOB man?
GOD FORBID, TUFIAKWA.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by sinero: 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
elsiusgr8t:

The world have passed Drug barons and looters being president

Yet the state he looted still remains the best in Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by CSTRR: 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
sinero:

You are calling another person a fool when you are actually the ignoramus. If other governors like tinubu then didn't set the blue print for infrastructural development and continuity in lagos, would people be trooping into lagos enmasse to seek opportunities?
A father saving money when he is yet to feed his children and pay their school fees is a useless father.
Lagos was already a cosmopolitan city before Tinubu was born.
You can thank the British for that.

Nnamdi Azikiwe grew up in Lagos.

There are non-indigenes that have been in Lagos before Tinubu left Chicago.

Are you saying Lagos was not cosmopolitan during the time of lateef Jakande?

Where was Tinubu when Nnamdi Azikiwe and Eni Njoku were living in Lagos.?

Better develop your sense and vote right.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by Dawnofhope: 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
All good resources managers are seen as Stingy
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by CSTRR: 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
sinero:

Yet the state he looted still remains the best in Nigeria.
Inspite of him, not because of him.

Lagos was still ahead of the rest when lateef Jakande was governer.

Lagos was ahead of the rest during the time of burba marwa the former military governor of Lagos.

Lagos was still ahead of the rest as far back as Eni Njoku the first vice Chancellor of unilag was living in lagos.

You should compare Lagos to its mates in other parts of Africa, alone.

Let us see how well your Tinubu have performed.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by djon78(m): 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
Napata77:
I don't understand this Obi's philosophy of saving 150 million dollars in Anambra state when people were hungry and jobless, and infrastructure deplorable.

If he replicates that philosophy as president, the military could chase him out in a coup.

And how has Buhari fared

Saving is very very good

Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Norway all saved even Asian Pacific Nations save

There model is still the Best in the world

The western model of borrowing, spending is not the Best

2008 global financial crisis showed the flawness in the Western financial model

While the West seem to be getting away with it is because they control global financial institutions like IMF and World Bank
They control the dollar, Euro, pounds which are the major currencies of the world
And the West has been in control of global finances and business for the past 500 years of our world if not over 1000 years

So the West have an edge

African Nations if they want to become economically sound should look learn from successful Nations in the Arab world like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait
Successful Nations in the Asia Pacific like China, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, India etc

These are Nations doing very well and there fundamentals are sound and water tight

Africa has been bedeviled with leaders that can't think
That run to the West for salvation
But are bereft of even the basic development concept

If Nigerians like they should miss this opportunity, but if they miss it. Time waits for no one
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by CSTRR: 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2023
All the politicians and military men of the 50s and 60s, all lived in lagos at one point in their Lagos.

All the major legacy companies in Nigeria had their HQ in Lagos as far back as the 60s and 70s.

Tinubu was still a drug dealer in Chicago then.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by CSTRR: 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
80% of the major legacy infrastructures in Lagos were done by lateef Jakande and Ibrahim babangida.

That was long before Tinubu even dreamt of being a governor.

A clown that want to steal the legacy of others.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by CSTRR: 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
Imagine if Nnamdi Azikiwe and Anthony enahoro were alive today

And they heard one Yoruba upstart ranting that they came to Lagos because of him.

They would die of laughter.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by djon78(m): 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
sinero:

You are talking complete bunkum

Which infrastructure did Tinubu do. Is it the railway that has been going on for over 2 decades

With terribly inflated cost?

A railway that would cost maximum 200million dollars in other countries and built in short time Lagos State government is claiming the railway to have cost over 1.5 billion dollars
And still not delivered in time

I have traveled to countries where good infrastructures were done with decent money as far back as 2008, not inflated ones like the eye sore in Lagos.

Nigerians are deceived because many don't travel around the world to see what other nations are enjoying in infrastructure that this robbers called politicians in Nigeria are deceiving the people
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by 4Play(m): 1:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
So supposedly educated people are arguing that refraining from running up budget deficits/government debt is bad governance?

I don't know if these are bad faith arguments driven by tribalism or are sincerely held. Nevertheless, I do remember the general opposition/disinterest in maintaining the excess crude account when OBJ and GEJ were presidents which suggests that there is a large cohort of Nigerians who believe that fiscal discipline is bad policy and government should always "share the money".

Some of the more plausible arguments for less fiscal discipline tend to harp on the need for infrastructure investment. But fiscal policy should allow for sustainable long-run investment in infrastructure. Investment can only be sustained if debt stock/servicing is kept at prudent levels.

There is a line of thinking that Nigeria needs significant infrastructure investment so spending towards this, no matter the costs, is rational. That's not the case at all as our experience from the infrastructure spending of the 1970s ought to have made apparent. We emerged from the 1970s spending with a heavy debt load that took us 2 decades to work off. In that time, we experienced a significant collapse in living standards, the IMF's SAP programme, currency collapse from parity with the dollar to 85 naira to $1 etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by clinician2x: 1:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
sinero:

Your own stupidity is even greater and mightier.

He said Peter obi is not good because he is stingy.

But here you are the federal government have passed budget for 2023 and the amount of money set aside for debt servicing is more than 50% of the budget. Compared with the gdp however, it means the countries gdp cannot service the loans accrued talk more of financing the budget which means more money must be borrowed to run the country.

Dear foolish idiot, can you point the infrastructure on the national level which these borrowed money were used for?

What are the infrastructures that left this country in so much debt.

This foolish idiot, the infrastructural developments carried out by Sanwo Olu in lagos with state allocationand igr, how does it concern the money bubari is borrowing at the national level.

I give up.

Majority of Nigerians are brainless idiots.

Japa plans activated in full. No wonder every intelligent person i know is out of Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by greenandy: 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nigeria will be most unsafe in the hands of an ex drug baron.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by bibe(m): 1:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
Napata77:
I don't understand this Obi's philosophy of saving 150 million dollars in Anambra state when people were hungry and jobless, and infrastructure deplorable.

If he replicates that philosophy as president, the military could chase him out in a coup.

Hungry and jobless by what measure?

He cleared 32 billion naira owed in gratuity and pensions dating back to the military era.

He was the first governor to do poverty mapping in Nigeria (which resulted in the jump in poverty that Soludo was using to demarket him) and with that result he went to work by connecting all communities by building roads to aid their economic activities and also paid a stipend of about #10,000 to every resident in Anambra older than 70 years.

He took the burden off parents by ensuring basic education (primary and secondary), taking the state from one of the worst to the best in the country. Till date people will rather send their wards to public schools in Anambra than private schools.

He revamped public healthcare and made it top in the country.

He improved security and made Anambra the safest in Nigeria for the years 2009-2014 when he left office.

He did all these while never borrowing a kobo, clearing debts incurred by the state, making investments for the future generation of the state and leaving behind $150 million dollars and 32 billion naira for it's citizenry.

If this is the definition of stinginess then I'd say it's exactly what Nigeria needs.

This same APC wailed to the high heavens that PDP didn't save money, and now they wail that someone saved money.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by Aufbauh(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
Prinxzona10:

I do read some of your foolish comments here for years now buh in all honesty,you're a demonic incarnate and a very evil manipulator.

You've being defending and supporting Buhari for 8years now,
Attacking every SANE Nigerians that criticizes his analog and anti-masses policies for this 8 years buh now that your demi god Tinubu wants to become the president, instead of you empty morons to campaign for him with Buhari's APC 8 years achievements, nope rather you've resorted in twisting the narrative in projecting Buhari's character to that of Peter Obi just to discredit Peter Obi.

Listen,your hatred to anything Igbo wouldn't add anything positive into your life buh will rather make your life miserable because hatred don't add any growth rather it destroys happiness,health and life.

Imagine the extend of linking Buhari to Peter Obi just to paint Peter Obi bad and I wonder if this is not the same Buhari that you worships here every time,guess you're trying to absorb Tinubu from Buhari's evil government.

Knowing that what you're supporting and pushing to Nigerians is bad buh yet you keep on pushing such calamity to befall over 200 million Nigerians,I ask you why will evil not visit you because you're an epitome of evil,despicably insane and disastrously myopic and damaged psychologically,mentally and emotionally.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are just bot because I can't imagine a normal human being thinking in the same direction with you soulless beings here.

NB: I wouldn't stoop too low to engage you because it's very disgusting engaging your type here buh all I have to tell you is that you should limit the level of evil you wish Nigerians here via it may come back to hurt you and your household buh by then,it may be too late.

Erase hatred from your heart,so that you will experience peace for once..

I rest my case,Gracias!!!!

I don't intend to engage you either but just because you sounded like an adult in kid body with the usual temperament of intolerant to dissent akin to your kins. What a pity and pathetic lots that can't tolerate quarter of the hatted and bile they exhibit towards others.

The truth is always intolerable to vague people with small minds.
I wished you guys should grow up to accept the civilization of dissent and the right of every individual to hold an opinion instead of this you guys 'zombie-like mindset' expected from everyone.

I've observed a lot from Buhari in the last seven years, not necessarily about my economic stance but his decisions occasioned by his orientation and disposition.

In light of this I've seen or observed such character too in your demigod Obi who will never smell the presidency seat.

If not for sheer hypocrisy you could conveniently admit my observation about Buhari but choose to rant & blab about my observation of pitopi.

Anyway it's better you avoid me as we are all faceless in this forum instead of being tempted to recite a biblical verse for a priest.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by JoeNL22(m): 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Aufbauh:
I've observed that Obi is not much different from Buhari in orientation, inclination and disposition.

Such character believed that they can run the govt alone without taking into account that he is not omnipresent and have others around them who want sabotage them.

They believed in being stingy which will not help circular flow of income and have regional sentiment which will lead to nepotism and subsequently engender mediocrity in govt.

I've supported such like mind in Buhari for almost 8yrs and there's no considerable growth.
This is why I'm not impressed by the Obi candidature aside his average track record.
The problem with Buhari is, inactiveness and laziness to the plight of Nigerians. If Buhari shows us the things he does and the national assembly Is now causing confusion or unnecessary delays. We would shift our mind to the national assembly. But behold.....we haven't seen such political will or power from such individual, is a very annoying individual. What mind blowing policies has Buhari created and Nigerians said wow!?. None!.
Take for example, the rice issue in Nigeria. You closed the borders, knowing fully well the economy can't produce half of what we are eating. Is that not madness, is he not aware that such acts will lead to scarcity of the product. Hence, increase in the price of goods?. That's just basic economics, yet Buhari has no sound foundation about it. But in obi's case, his vast and sound in the field of economics, a man known for is strict, rigid and frugal fiscal discipline, an enigma, a man who can understand that personal interests must be below national Interests. If Buhari knew all these and more, Nigeria will never been in the mess of owing 77 trillion naira. What Buhari borrowed in 8 years, PDP did it in 16. His he now saying, he can't reason ways to generate revenue in Nigeria for Nigeria?.
Buhari's led govt noise dive the economy into recession twice. Even as bad as PDP were. No such thing happened. That's to show you the level of his cluelessness. Its spell bounding.
At the end of the day, Buhari should just ensure free and credible elections, that's the only thing he can do right now.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by Simplythebest: 3:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hypocrisy the same APC that was crying that Jonathan left nothing and the met empty pocket. Think for once and stop supporting evil.
Napata77:

Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by LAFOCUZY: 4:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
yeahh:
Its better to invest than save.....you don't make money by saving

Yes you are right But it is better to save than to waste. At least you can have something to rely in any eventuality or emergency.

The country so far has invested in nothing and saved nothing. Haba!!!!
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by LAFOCUZY: 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
Aufbauh:

I don't intend to engage you either but just because you sounded like an adult in kid body with the usual temperament of intolerant to dissent akin to your kins. What a pity and pathetic lots that can't tolerate quarter of the hatted and bile they exhibit towards others.

The truth is always intolerable to vague people with small minds.
I wished you guys should grow up to accept the civilization of dissent and the right of every individual to hold an opinion instead of this you guys 'zombie-like mindset' expected from everyone.

I've observed a lot from Buhari in the last seven years, not necessarily about my economic stance but his decisions occasioned by his orientation and disposition.

In light of this I've seen or observed such character too in your demigod Obi who will never smell the presidency seat.

If not for sheer hypocrisy you could conveniently admit my observation about Buhari but choose to rant & blab about my observation of pitopi.

Anyway it's better you avoid me as we are all faceless in this forum instead of being tempted to recite a biblical verse for a priest.

They are as far as east is from west. Obi owes business, have been chairman if two banks, it's a trader and understand how money ad business works. Trader are perhaps the most frugal people to manage money. Knowing when, where and how to buy and sale and account for profit. And reinvest profit. All business are trading either you are trading services or product or intellectual property etc. Las las everything is trading, commerce. That is who obi says he is. Again and again, he says he is a trader and lives in a trading town, onitcha.

Buhari is a military man, onetime governor, onetime petroleum minister under a military regime. He dose not know negotiation but force. He is has never been in a commercial environment and has no experience of resource stewardship or business culture

You must save and be frugal to build capital for major project. You must, the alternative is to borrow or steal. How about when you are unable to borrow or the terms of the loan do not support your cash projection or expected revenue. You save.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by olatuns2017: 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
OddsDoc:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/2023-nigeria-will-be-safe-in-stingy-mans-hands-obi-replied-tinubu/amp/

On this Day in history, Kaduna Chukwuma Nzeogwu led the first coup in Nigeria's history where he keed the Sarduana of Sokoto, Premier of Northern Region Ahmadu Bello and his first wife. Ifeajuna keed the Premier the Premier of Western Region Ladoke Akintola but the Premier of Eastern Region Michael Okpara 'escaped'. The two(Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna) were keed too while fighting in the Biafra war.

Today, we remember the first confrontation against our democracy and we pray for the repose of the souls. May God continue to bless a United Nigeria ��

SAY NO TO TERRORISM.

Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by Shikini: 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
Yes oo
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by EmmyDJourno: 7:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
Napata77:

A Half baked literate is worse than an illiterate grin
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by Betashop: 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
Napata77:

Since you don’t understand Obi’s saving philosophy, you will definitely understand a state that produces IGR of over 750B Naira annually, yet, borrowed over 1tr Naira with no meaningful project tied to the borrowed money. Are there poor people in Lagos after the Hugh debt profile in Lagos?
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by babajero(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
Banbutton:
Hardship loading for All OBI supporters, followed by premium tears by February.
God bless tinubu, The incoming president
Better pray tinubu don't win or else that goat will be in more better condition than you.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by dchamp234(m): 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
Napata77:

Anambra people are never hungry and jobless except the person chose to be hungry and jobless.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by Banbutton: 6:26am On Jan 16, 2023
babajero:
Better pray tinubu don't win or else that goat will be in more better condition than you.
Don't worry, he can't even win.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by sinero: 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
CSTRR:

Lagos was already a cosmopolitan city before Tinubu was born.
You can thank the British for that.

Nnamdi Azikiwe grew up in Lagos.

There are non-indigenes that have been in Lagos before Tinubu left Chicago.

Are you saying Lagos was not cosmopolitan during the time of lateef Jakande?

Where was Tinubu when Nnamdi Azikiwe and Eni Njoku were living in Lagos.?

Better develop your sense and vote right.

Oga, thanks for the advice. I will develop my sense. May I ask if it was only lagos that was developed by the British then, why are other not keeping up with the pace of the development. Whether you like it or not, he brought in some policies that saw to lagos maintaining it excellence. If you feel that's too much for you to live with, you can do the needful.
As for the vote, vote ur vote make I vote my vote. Who I vote for is not your concern.
Re: 2023: Nigeria Will Be Safe In A Stingy Man’s Hands, Obi Replies Tinubu by saintrow1: 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2023
Antivirus92:
mumu man
is he the governor of Anambra state?

it's like asking Obasanjo or yaradua is Nigeria safe

Answer the question is Anambra safe, if you are confident answer the question grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode / FG, States, LGs Share N510bn For August As Revenues Ramp Up / NDDC: Akpabio In ₦800 Billion Scandal As Group Demands Accountability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.