Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? (8043 Views)

Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? / Bishop Oyedepo: I Cart My Tithe In Trailer Loads To God / Daddy Freeze lays Curses On Pastors Who Will Collect Tithe In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by Jones4190(m): 9:51am On Jan 15, 2023
RedChiefPriest:
Payment of tithe is in the bible
The levites and the priest must not till or have any share in the land that was shared between the children of Israel that's why they eat from the offerings brought into the house of God and it was commanded by God.
READ the BIBLE you will see the story inside and the tithe part also.
do will still have Levites now? do you no that even Jesus didn't receive tithe?
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by orisa37: 9:52am On Jan 15, 2023
TO SAVE A TENTH OF YOUR REWARDS, RESULTS, EARNINGS AND REVENUES FOR GOD'S BLESSINGS, INCREASES AND MIRACLES.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by Nolevel666: 10:09am On Jan 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See rubbish, if you had used your own little sense to create things you would not be here crying about another pastor's fraud! Go and do your fraud and get the disgrace and destruction that is waiting for theiving pastors.

Oboy if you quote me a again for these your rubbish again eh i go blast you beyond recognition

Your theiving pastors believe in their own fairy tales and still go defrauding people in the name of your dead God?

Nor quote me for your rubbish again you hear?
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by wirinet(m): 10:20am On Jan 15, 2023
Jossymekoos10:

I will appreciate if you explain more sir
Thanks

Read jomo Kenyatta's quote below, then replace the land with our minds.

Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by micxwell(m): 10:23am On Jan 15, 2023
AntiChristian:
10,000 heads * N10,000 = N100,000,000

10,000 heads * N20,000 =N200,000,000

More head more dough!
More earnings more dough!

Money is the chariot of evangelism!

I remember how much I looked for this statement in the bible while growing up. One of the biggest lie told by many Nigerian Christians.

God himself will peddle his own gospel... Not money.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by wirinet(m): 10:24am On Jan 15, 2023
orisa37:
TO SAVE A TENTH OF YOUR REWARDS, RESULTS, EARNINGS AND REVENUES FOR GOD'S BLESSINGS, INCREASES AND MIRACLES.

So which increases (well apart from fraudulent ones) are you and Nigerians getting inspite of all the tithes Christians are paying since the mid 80's? In fact the reverse is the case and we are getting poorer and poorer over the years.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by TruthHurts100: 10:29am On Jan 15, 2023
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss

What does tithe signify in the bible

Nothing. Na sweetest scam for Christians.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by wirinet(m): 10:34am On Jan 15, 2023
Nigerian pastor can die because of tithes and offerings. In fact Nigerian churches were set up primarily because of tithes and offerings. I just pray they grow some conscience and repent like Benny Hinn. Who has renounced the prosperity gospel.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=-NttDrx596c&feature=shares

Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by phemmyfour: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2023
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss

It used to be significant but no longer under the new law
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2023
Nolevel666:

Oboy if you quote me a again for these your rubbish again eh i go blast you beyond recognition

Your theiving pastors believe in their own fairy tales and still go defrauding people in the name of your dead God?

Nor quote me for your rubbish again you hear?

I go quote you if you quote me, so tell Putin make e drop bomb on top me, I go still talk The Truth, which is all you criminals and frauds whether for inside church o or for bank or market or road, all of una b the same and all of una go go the same place where Satan go go!

Oya kill me, I don quote you.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by Nolevel666: 10:54am On Jan 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I go quote you if you quote me, so tell Putin make e drop bomb on top me, I go still talk The Truth, which is all you criminals and frauds whether for inside church o or for bank or market or road, all of una b the same and all of una go go the same place where Satan go go!

Oya kill me, I don quote you.

Keep consoling yourself with your fairytales.

None of these anthropomorphic deities exist in my world.
I am the universe
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:59am On Jan 15, 2023
Nolevel666:

Keep consoling yourself with your fairytales.

None of these anthropomorphic deities exist in my world.
I am the universe

That is what your phone says while it is in the wardrobe doing as it likes.

But when God is ready to deal with us, like your phone in the wardrobe, you won't miss it.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 15, 2023
Tithes is significant to buying jets, big cars, fantastic houses at the expenses of those who pay them out believe that, it's necessary for them to make heaven.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by lomprico(m): 11:22am On Jan 15, 2023
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss

It's no more valid after Christ's death and resurrection!
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by bdon123(m): 11:50am On Jan 15, 2023
Tithe is an old tradition of d past where d people gave a tenth of their yield to d levites(1 of d tribes of israel).Today tithe is a scam used by churches in Nigeria to guarantee steady stream of cash inflow for pastors to libe larger than life.
Mind u d bible only registered Abraham paying tithes frm spoils of war.Nowhere did it say it mention anyone paying tithe monthly.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by bdon123(m): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2023
I hav never paid tithe in my life n will never pay as tithe in Nigeria is a scam.Mind u i hav been to non Nigerian churches abroad n there is nothing like tithe.
I hav also given money alot to d church anytime my heart pushes me to,bt will never budget my 10% of my earnings monthly as tithe.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by MikeofAfrica: 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jokerman:
Giving is encouraged in the bible, especially giving to expand and bless the work of God.

Tithe is giving, and appreciating God for what he's doing in a person's life, finance, health etc

So it's recommended to tithe, and ignore the voices of the devil who discourage it

Giving should be encourage in the church because it is the demonstration of the love of Christ.

However payment of tithe is a scam used by churches in Nigeria to defraud their members .

In the Bible, God mandated that tithes should be given to the Levites, the fatherless , Widows and the destitutes ( Deuteronomy 26:12). The tithe shall be given to them once in three years ( Deuteronomy 14: 28).

These four category of people are permitted to receive tithe because they are very poor and have no inheritance.

Hence for a Pastor to be qualify to receive tithe through his church, he has to sell all his properties and inheritance and become a celibacy like the Levites.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by OLULAW: 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
It allows Daddy & Mummy GO become richer and richer whilst you could have spent that miney on the poor and the needy in your neck of the woods.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by MikeofAfrica: 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
Aforxzy:
When we obey and give our tithe, It opens the windows of heaven and pour out overflowing blessing.

So you need to bribe God with tenth of your income before he starts blessing you?

Tithe was meant for the OT Levites who have no inheritance in Israel. Tithes were given to them once in three years so that they will have food in their stores ( Deuteronomy 14 : 27-28).

Since our pastors have inheritances, properties, businesses and families, they are not qualify to collect tithe.

Any Pastor who tells you that you need to pay tithe to open the doors and windows of heaven is a fraudstar. Run away from him!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by OyinO: 12:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
Making another people's culture your own, and then starting to argue and debate on it is the number one reason why we are the most backward people on planet earth. Yeye
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by OyinO: 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

So you need to bribe God with tenth of your income before he starts blessing you?

Tithe was meant for the OT Levites who have no inheritance in Israel. Tithes were given to them once in three years so that they will have food in their stores ( Deuteronomy 14 : 27-28).

Since our pastors have inheritances, properties, businesses and families, they are not qualify to collect tithe.

Any Pastor who tells you that you need to pay tithe to open the doors and windows of heaven is a fraudstar. Run away from him!

One of the best comments. You're educated as well as a bit enlightened. You only needed to know that the Christianity is a Ronan scam created out of Greek Mythology and Judaism which are borrowed and plagiarised African Spirituality.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by MikeofAfrica: 12:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
Victor1097:
Tithe signifies many things:

1. Obedience
2. Faith
3. Love for God and his Church

Tithe is meant for the Levites, fatherless, widows and destitutes ( Deuteronomy 26:12).

The Levites are priests with no family, inheritance, property or business ( Deuteronomy 14:27).

Hence if you pay tithe to a pastor that has a mansion, family and fleets of cars, you are a big fool before God. The pastor is simply using the Bible to scam you!
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by Diego234(m): 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm

The white really messed with us psychologically
Honestly
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by Drbarmes(m): 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
daygee12:
The passage of the Bible that tithing is explicitly analyzed is DEUTERONOMY 14:22-29 , I'm 100% sure ur Pastors won't read it to u.
God bless you. I was shocked the day i discovered those verses in the Bible. There are alot in Deuteronomy that pastors dont want to talk about.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by God2man2again(m): 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
Haven't we done this discussion of tithe more than enough?

I am sure there are more than 500 topics on tithe alone on nairaland forum since this forum came on line.

With all these discussions, people are still paying tithes in churches.
There are expenses in the church that the tithe money will take of. The Church of God has needs.

Leave people that are paying tithe alone, they are answerable to God.

Sometimes, you think you are defending God not knowing that you actually fighting God.

If you don't want to pay, never discouraged those who are paying with scriptural backing, you may think you are right with your scriptural backing when you are actually fighting God.

If I were you, I will just leave the things of God for God to judge not using my own theological knowledge to defeat those who are paying tithes.

Let's take it easy.

God bless us all.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by Jozilinn: 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
In my church thithe is given every Sunday, people even said that if you are given any money as favour,or money from your business sales you should give thithe on it ...I am just wondering why it isn't done every last or first Sunday of the month instead.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by Basicend: 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Oga, God commanded it. And if you no wan give then rest, no be force

I tire o. Them no dey rest.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by Eagban(m): 2:38pm On Jan 15, 2023
NNTR:
Tithe, after the curtain at the temple was torn apart, has since then, in the bible, signified the end of era

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
In the old testament, you keep all the 630 laws for your justification but in the new testament, the death of Jesus christ on the cross serves as your justification if you believe. As a christian, support the church with what you can muster and forget about all the noise.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by daygee12: 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2023
Drbarmes:

God bless you. I was shocked the day i discovered those verses in the Bible. There are alot in Deuteronomy that pastors dont want to talk about.

May God help us, even if u check any translation u will still understand it because it straightforward.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by daygee12: 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
God2man2again:
Haven't we done this discussion of tithe more than enough?

I am sure there are more than 500 topics on tithe alone on nairaland forum since this forum came on line.

With all these discussions, people are still paying tithes in churches.
There are expenses in the church that the tithe money will take of. The Church of God has needs.

Leave people that are paying tithe alone, they are answerable to God.

Sometimes, you think you are defending God not knowing that you actually fighting God.

If you don't want to pay, never discouraged those who are paying with scriptural backing, you may think you are right with your scriptural backing when you are actually fighting God.

If I were you, I will just leave the things of God for God to judge not using my own theological knowledge to defeat those who are paying tithes.

Let's take it easy.

God bless us all.

Well said but when Oyedepo , Paul Eneche, Pastor Ibiyomie will be laying curse on People that don't pay tithe. That's the reason people need to know the truth about it.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Tithe In The Bible? by NNTR: 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
Eagban:
In the old testament, you keep all the 630 laws for your justification but in the new testament, the death of Jesus christ on the serves as your justification if you believe. As a christian, support the church with what you can muster and forget about all the noise.
2 Corinthians 9:7
Let each one give [thoughtfully and with purpose] just as he has decided in his heart,
not grudgingly or under compulsion,
for God loves a cheerful giver [and delights in the one whose heart is in his gift].

Preach preacher, not many believers realise that we have gone from the era of the law into the era of grace, from moved bondage to liberty aka freedom, which allows you to decide in your heart how much to give, and that you don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. Basically that you decide, not with regret or out of a sense of duty, how much you want to give, bearing in mind that, God loves the people who gives happily and/or with pleasure.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Happy 50th Birthday To Pastor Paul Adefarasin! / Assemblies Of God Nigeria National Youth Day 4-10 June 2007 / How Mighty Is The Almighty God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.