Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign (3323 Views)

'2023 Is Not Right Time For Igbo Presidency' – Shettima, A. Y. C. F. Leader / Akpabio Strikes Senate Presidency Deal With APC, 10 Lawmakers To Defect With Him / Kwankwaso, R-APC Speak On Reconciliation With APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Zetra7: 8:34am On Jan 15, 2023
For those with good experience of Nigeria's political scene, its crystal clear that APC is struggling with its presidential campaign.

Is this cause of its presidential candidate or the party in general?

Go beyond the facade of the colourful and elaborative outings which today is known to all that political rally merchants are real and have no single shame. Pure business for them and therefore nothing personal.

A party in power therefore pays the biggest considering their access to huge resources and in turn always have the biggest crowd.

Now the pointers to the current reality:
In 2015 APC battled with PDP, it was PEOPLE'S Led, huge passionate ordinary Nigerians determine to change the status quo with a man who has been perceived then to be pious, disciplinarian and focus leader.
Unfortunately, this man Buhari lost supporters and this showed in 2019 where even his northern base struggled to deliver him in a very controversial election.

Now 2023, APC have moved on from People's led to Elite- Led. It's no longer white Angel of Buhari in 2015 but a questionable Tinubu. It's no longer a balanced ticket between religion with Buhari visiting churches but Muslim/Muslim ticket, its no longer a poor Buhari against the stupid rich PDP but a rich Tinubu, not a perceived then healthy Buhari but a perceived sick Tinubu. The dynamics has completely changed.

To mask these limitations, APC plotted to employ the service of regional corrupted elites / warlords in the quest to deploy the old tactics that happen in kano, osun, imo, Plateau and other states in 2019.

But why did Buhari approve BVAS? Not sure he forsaw this mess, guess he had other more presentable candidates in mind.

Sensing the realities, APC presidential campaign have pleaded with Buhari to join the campaign train as quickly as possible to salvaged lost grounds.

Sometimes I wonder why Buhari is non chalant with serious issues.

You see, Tinubu must win in the North to become the president but unfortunately, its hard nut.

Atiku, an Hausa Fulani man from NE has almost seized the North. First, the NE feels its their turn for the presidency and have stood by NW for many years and therefore will not jeopardise their chances with a VP offered by APC.
By the way, the VP Shettima is not fulani but Kanuri which are only dorminat in just 2 states of the NE.

In the Northwest where Tinubu is heavily banking on, the fulani and Northern factor continues to be in favor of Atiku but a certain Kwankwanso is seriously messing things up for APC. Fair to say the KKK hold the ace here but unfortunately the votes will no longer go for APC like in 2015 but splitted among the 3 of them.

In the North Central, you then have an Obi's problem and still Atiku fighting strong, so even a winning here for APC will not have a wide margin..

WHAT APC SHOULD DO?
Personally, I don't think Buhari joining the campaign train will solve the problem as many now sees him as a complete failure. Infact, Tinubu's mantra is RENEWED HOPE, so doesn't make sense with a WAXED HOPE selling the RENEWED one in campaign grounds.

Buhari can help Negotiate a deal with 2 groups
1. The G5
2. For Kwankwanso to step down even if it means promising him presidency after Tinubu.

Buhari need to avoid pressure from local and international forces and give power to party loyalist to control security FORCES, INEC and the judiciary. Yes, he wants the legacy of a free election but the truth is that APC will lose if he stands on that. In 2019, the judiciary chief had to be removed for him be re elected safely.

Without these steps, the biggest shock for APC will be from the North. Even those elite Northern governors will not be spared by their people.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Xscape1993(m): 8:36am On Jan 15, 2023
Everything is totally wrong with APC.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Jalinspy(f): 8:41am On Jan 15, 2023
Tinubu is already gone in this coming election. The earlier you realise that the better for you.
Una want make agbero to rule naija.
Atiku and Kwankwaso giving tinubu up north, while Obi has closed down south.
He must learn a lesson. Ihordspy and Moh247, the defenders of failure over to una.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by StrongandMighty: 8:47am On Jan 15, 2023
I took my time to read in between lines and I must say that all you wrote up there is nothing but the truth!

This is the kind of intelligent submissions we should be seeing on front page...

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Ricky97(m): 8:47am On Jan 15, 2023
Clear cut analysis

13 Likes

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Kennyprince: 8:53am On Jan 15, 2023
Truth of what happened is that many top APC chieftains including the president, Senate president, ministers and especially those who lost to Tinubu at the primaries are not comfortable with a Tinubu candidacy for the party.

This explains why most of them have refused to join the campaign train including the president who was recently "forced" to be part of it.

Of course, most APC members are aware that Tinubu is not a marketable candidate. They have seen that his failure is more likely than success.

But come to think of it on the one hand. Why will I have a Peter Obi contesting in a presidential election and I will prefer to support a sick 90 year old drug Barron?

As a patriot, I am praying everyday for Tinubu to loose this election. This, indeed, would be the best thing to happen to Nigeria.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Naijanascam: 9:01am On Jan 15, 2023
APC....... grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Timatayo1: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2023
You said it all my dear nothing but truth

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by sapele914(m): 9:03am On Jan 15, 2023
Kennyprince:
Truth of what happened is that many top APC chieftains including the president, Senate president, ministers and especially those who lost to Tinubu at the primaries are not comfortable with a Tinubu candidacy for the party.

This explains why most of them have refused to join the campaign train including the president who was recently "forced" to be part of it.

Of course, most APC members are aware that Tinubu is not a marketable candidate. They have seen that his failure is more likely than success.

But come to think of it on the one hand. Why will I have a Peter Obi contesting in a presidential election and I will prefer to support a sick 90 year old drug Barron?

As a patriot, I am praying everyday for Tinubu to loose this election. This, indeed, would be the best thing to happen to Nigeria.
But Ipobian Zombies turned Oblivious Obidients are comfortable with an Apga Judas/Pdp runaway person that got a waiver from a party he is not a member of?

Confused Hypocrites, all of you will return back to Biafra latest March 1st 2023.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by IgOga(m): 9:07am On Jan 15, 2023
Ordinarily APC would have been defeated but PDP the main opposition is split into NNPP, LP, PDP, G5, ZLP....some elements of SDP......that division is good for APC......so APC will win.....its the science of politics......it's not an emotional subject

Wait for the election result.....but don't get heart attack when APC wins.....

Some of your statements are nothing but innuendos.....APC so far has the best campaign and the largest reach of all the political parties

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by sapele914(m): 9:09am On Jan 15, 2023
IgOga:
Ordinarily APC would have been defeated but PDP the main opposition is split into NNPP, LP, PDP, G5, ZLP....some elements of SDP......that division is good for APC......so APC will win.....its the science of politics......it's not an emotional subject

Wait for the election result.....but don't get heart attack when APC wins.....

Some of your statements are nothing but innuendos.....APC so far has the best campaign and the largest reach of all the political parties
Those same Ipobian urchins shouting Biafra & Kanu, are now shouting President of Nigeria, same bunch of confused nincompoops that told us President Buhari was dead & buried in Saudi Arabia?

Don’t mind those biafran Zombidients deceiving themselves.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by onez: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2023
OP Is really mad. The people are fed up with APC and you want Buhari to rig for them. You want to throw this country to another war. It will not just be a civil war but a youth war. Be careful what you say. Buhari should just hand over to Peter and see how we can patch this country, pay our homongous debt and reverse the brain drain

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Gadafii: 9:25am On Jan 15, 2023
Everything is wrong with APC

We thought buhari not finding his WAEC certificate was the lowest a presidential candidate can be, but tilinbu not able to point to where he attended his primary and secondary school or even tell us convincingly how old he is is the abysmal lowest

Once beaten twice shy, never again shall we have old senile sick, questionable character as president, PO is the face of new Nigeria, insha Allah the almighty Allah shall give him the wisdom and strength to make this great nation work again, he shall take us to where we rightly belong

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Owontime: 9:30am On Jan 15, 2023
Yes your mother is not alright, her toto de smell.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Gadafii: 9:33am On Jan 15, 2023
sapele914:
But Ipobian Zombies turned Oblivious Obidients are comfortable with an Apga Judas/Pdp runaway person that got a waiver from a party he is not a member of?

Confused Hypocrites, all of you will return back to Biafra latest March 1st 2023.
agbado eaten cow, tilinbu does not believe in one Nigeria, the old sick bastard will be retired to iragbiji insha Allah, because Lagos will be too hot for his leaking assss when PO is sworn in

Owontime:
Yes your mother is not alright, her toto de smell.
typical urchin, brain dead like their senile grandpa

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Isobug: 9:49am On Jan 15, 2023
sapele914:

Seriously, you need prayers, fervently.
A mentally stable individual can not see a healthy person and prefer a sick person to lead him

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Ofunaofu: 9:56am On Jan 15, 2023
Apt
Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by PraizHim: 10:16am On Jan 15, 2023
Everything is wrong with APC.
APC doesn't deserve to smell presidency again
The most wicked and satanic government ever seen.
APC is Evil

5 Likes

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by stev120(m): 10:33am On Jan 15, 2023
I love your honesty in the write up,
In 2015 Buhari won the election. Of a true, even if there was rigging majority wanted Jonathan out. In 2019 it was clear that Buhari failed, you can read statistics but in the inside villages of the country there you will find the true impact of this government. He managed to win 2019 with intense robbery that was an escape.

In 2023, alot of disadvantage await the ruling party. No body wants to rely on Buhari's legacy. Even Tinubu's campaign sometimes sounds as if he is coming to repair what was mis-managed (I guess by Buhari's govt.).

Also, since electoral structure have been changed, that is, the new electoral Act; blocking any possibility of rigging, the last card is violence and vote buying (which is a little bit weak).

If a free and fair election takes place, between God and man APC will loss.
In the North. There is a huge amount of persons that are tired of APC and some tired of PDP this set of people have fall to Kwankwaso.

In the south a huge number of persons are tired of APC and PDP and these persons have falled to Obi.

Obviously, Tinubu is the only Candidate that can not get powerful block vote from his region that is divided by religion.

Atiku has lost southeast and south south. Northwest is shared with Kwankwaso and northeast between Atiku and Tinubu, even, Kwankwaso is present there.
To me, who wins north central might become the president, however, if north central is shared a rerun is possible.

But the rerun might be between Obi and anybody who got the better part of the north.

7 Likes

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by iHateFraudsters: 10:47am On Jan 15, 2023
Mynd44, nlfpmod
Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:56am On Jan 15, 2023
Zetra7:
For those with good experience of Nigeria's political scene, its crystal clear that APC is struggling with its presidential campaign.

Go beyond the facade of the colourful and elaborative outings which today is known to all that political rally merchants are real and have no single shame. Pure business for them and therefore nothing personal.

A party in power therefore pays the biggest considering their access to huge resources and in turn always have the biggest crowd.

In 2015 APC battled with PDP, it was PEOPLE'S Led, huge passionate ordinary Nigerians determine to change the status quo with a man who has been perceived then to be pious, disciplinarian and focus leader.
Unfortunately, this man Buhari lost supporters and this showed in 2019 where even his northern base struggled to deliver him in a very controversial election.

Now 2023, APC have moved on from People's led to Elite- Led. It's no longer white Angel of Buhari in 2015 but a questionable Tinubu. It's no longer a balanced ticket between religion with Buhari visiting churches but Muslim/Muslim ticket, its no longer a poor Buhari against the stupid rich PDP but a rich Tinubu, not a perceived then healthy Buhari but a perceived sick Tinubu. The dynamics has completely changed.

To mask these limitations, APC plotted to employ the service of regional corrupted elites / warlords in the quest to deploy the old tactics that happen in kano, osun, imo, Plateau and other states in 2019.

But why did Buhari approve BVAS? Not sure he forsaw this mess, guess he had other more presentable candidates in mind.

Sensing the realities, APC presidential campaign have pleaded with Buhari to join the campaign train as quickly as possible to salvaged lost grounds.

You see, Tinubu must win in the North to become the president but unfortunately, its hard nut.

Atiku, an Hausa Fulani man from NE has almost seized the North. First, the NE feels its their turn for the presidency and have stood by NW for many years and therefore will not jeopardise their chances with a VP offered by APC.
By the way, the VP Shettima is not fulani but Kanuri which are only dorminat in just 2 states of the NE.

In the Northwest where Tinubu is heavily banking on, the fulani and Northern factor continues to be in favor of Atiku but a certain Kwankwanso is seriously messing things up for APC. Fair to say the KKK hold the ace here but unfortunately the votes will no longer go for APC like in 2015 but splitted among the 3 of them.

In the North Central, you then have an Obi's problem and still Atiku fighting strong, so even a winning here for APC will not have a wide margin..

WHAT APC SHOULD DO?
Personally, I don't think Buhari joining the campaign train will solve the problem as many now sees him as a complete failure. Infact, Tinubu's mantra is RENEWED HOPE, so doesn't make sense with a WAXED HOPE selling the RENEWED one in campaign grounds.

1. The G5
2. For Kwankwanso to step down even if it means promising him presidency after Tinubu.

Buhari need to avoid pressure from local and international forces and give power to party loyalist to control security FORCES, INEC and the judiciary. Yes, he wants the legacy of a free election but the truth is that APC will lose if he stands on that. In 2019, the judiciary chief had to be removed for him be re elected safely.

Without these steps, the biggest shock for APC will be from the North. Even those elite Northern governors will not be spared by their people.

Well put.

I don't need to ask who you support because this is a truthful, unbiased article, unlike some other articles that are very personal, rather than objective.

I also feel that APC will struggle, and I don't suppose that Buhari queuing behind Tinubu will do much.

I am BATified, but a realist.

I fear for APC, although I believe this election is still ours to win.

I have sampled opinions in many Northern quarters, and as things stand, it is between Atiku and Tinubu.

The Southwest has always been very difficult to predict.

South East is regarded as lost.

South South? That is a PDP stronghold.

The Muslim-Muslim ticket was necessary, but a hard sell.

Except something changes soon (I don't know exactly what should change), Atiku might just win this election.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by SouthSouth1914: 11:00am On Jan 15, 2023
In-depth analysis. Kudos for this piece.

The Vice President would have been a better choice, he is well groomed, marketable, pious and very industrious. He was very efficient in his acting capacity the times Buhari left.

The Tinubu ticket is a failure in all entirety!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by MrEverest(m): 11:08am On Jan 15, 2023
APC will suffer a crushing defeat in the coming election, everything already points to it. To make matters worse for Tinubu and his Boko Haram vice, BVAS has been deployed, thus checkmating attempts at rigging.

I see APC coming 3rd or 4th while LP comes 1st.

4 Likes

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 15, 2023
Meanwhile, same APC is busy sewing uniforms for the semi-literate and illiterate supporters grin
Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by PapaHadum: 11:16am On Jan 15, 2023
sapele914:
Those same Ipobian urchins shouting Biafra & Kanu, are now shouting President of Nigeria, same bunch of confused nincompoops that told us President Buhari was dead & buried in Saudi Arabia?

Don’t mind those biafran Zombidients deceiving themselves.

Amidst double digit inflation, insecurity, poverty capital of the world, poor health facilities and high cost of fuel, not forgetting generational debt profile of 77 trillion, all your problems and it's solution is IPOB?

Urchins are irredeemable.

Tell Nigerians how APC will rescue Nigerians fro APC please?

Obi keeps discussing his plans and policies to rescue a dying Nigeria, but other candidates led by Agbado and urchins are obsessed with Obi.

A cold tea is warming up to be served you all

All power belongs to the people.

Buhari's last legacy of bequiting free and credible election stands!

Go and verify!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 15, 2023
@Moh247 Freestuffsng PandoraObi lhordpsy Abdul05 TinubuAdvocate Throwback Leodeking Batified2023 Biodun556 Roboto11

How can you be sleeping on a Sunday morning. Oya come and do your job. No rest for the wicked. grin grin grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Ekpeitit(m): 11:21am On Jan 15, 2023
Yes something is not right with your brain,STOP SMOKING MKPULUMILI.
Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 15, 2023
Ekpeitit:
Yes something is not right with your brain,STOP SMOKING MKPULUMILI.

Arindin leleyi sha.

1 Like

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by MrEverest(m): 11:23am On Jan 15, 2023
"Buhari can help Negotiate a deal with 2 groups
1. The G5
2. For Kwankwanso to step down even if it means promising him presidency after Tinubu"

You wrote a succinct article but the above quote from it makes no sense at all.

1. Buhari has no influence over G5 governors, they're Southerners with one from middle belt. They have no obligation to Buhari. Secondly, things have gone beyond the G5 governors in their respective states, they would instantly lose relevance if they go against the general insterest of their people.

2. How can Buhari promise Kwankwaso presidency when he couldn't even install his choice of candidate on his party? Buhari wanted Ahmed Lawan but APC governors outsmarted him. Also 4 to 8 years is too long in politics for any agreement to still hold water. Kwankwaso is no fool and would know that already.

The best option for Kwankwaso is to contest in the election, prove himself as a force in the NW. Even if he comes 2nd, 3rd or 4th, he would have done great then he would have successfully helped in retiring Tinubu and Atiku permanently. By 2027, he would most likely have only Peter Obi to contend with. Sentiments for president to go South won't be against him anymore. Knowing that Nigeria's problems are enormous and Buhari has done severe damage, it would be extremely difficult for Peter Obi to reverse that damage in 4 years. Again Nigerians can be impatient, this could make Peter Obi to lose some of his popularity thus giving him a fighting chance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Carmal90(m): 11:28am On Jan 15, 2023
Zetra7:

WHAT APC SHOULD DO?

1. The G5

I don't think that will bring positive result..
I still feel having RMK in the race is good for APC as you can't transfer vote from one person to another.
Let me cite an example, in 2018 gubernatorial election in Osun, Omisore was a candidate and won in Ife, fast forward to 2022, he wasn't a candidate but supported APC, what happened? People voted for PDP because he wasn't on ballot, he would have won easily in Ife if he was a candidate.
This election is somehow to me personally, I want Atiku to win, but the math is not mathing.
Can Atiku defeats RMK in North? Yes, but with what margin? That is where I have issue.
The two southern president we've had since 1999 won all southerner state convincingly bar one( Osun) in 2011, can BAT/ OBI win all Southern states? Big No.
I sha hope there won't be violence after the election.
My bet on Atiku

1 Like

Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by Realist12: 11:28am On Jan 15, 2023
The reality is Tinubu Lagos will win , Lagos is a cheat for Tinubu. It's no doubt the opposition are trying their hardest to disparage Lagos, the only thing they are yet to say is Tinubu didn't govern Lagos. Tinubu antecedents in Lagos is a sell out, that's what citizens want to hear .
Secondly no government by humans have 50% appraisal by their masses but look the opposition are broken into several factions while the APC are repeating Buhari top to bottom system .
Re: Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign by ednut1(m): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2023
This is a lesson to southerners . Tinubu insulted Buhari by saying he failed three times and wept before he helped bring him in. He lost Buhari’s supporters and base that day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu And His Team Chased Out Of Ijesha Land In Osun State / NDDC (Niger Delta Development Commission) – Job All Want / President Goodluck Jonathan Wants Gov Fashola To Be His Vice President In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.