Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career (610 Views)

I Started My Career As A Data Analyst / A Computer Hardware Engineer Want To Learn Matlab Pls Ur Advice / I Need Ur Help With My Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by aronski(m): 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2023
Let me briefly explain the story of my life, I have 2 siblings (which makes us 3) and we all have my mom because my dad died when we were small and things have not been easy for us since then, things have been very hard and I am the only one who is in the university (currently in 300lvl) while my sister is yet to get admission and my senior brother also who seems to be losing interest in schooling...

Well I have been learning programming (web development) which has built my knowledge in HTML 5, CSS 3, JAVASCRIPT, JQUERY, AJAX, BOOTSTRAP 3 & 4, PHP & MySQL but the problem am having is finance. I have tried to raise funds to change my laptop that is on a critical level of damaging but things has been hard since my mom is not that financially strong (shes just trying to see I finish school instead) but I know after school I need a skill to be able to grow financially since the country is somehow nowadays. I planned on learning python (Django) now but my laptop has an outdate OS (Win 7) that does not support Python's latest version and the system is in bad shape. This has made me forget programming for some time since am unable to generate money to get a better laptop and also solve some other financial problems at home and in school.

Things became hard though and it pushed me to think of starting internet fraud but it didn't pay off, I headed next to learn Forex for some years now and I have been losing my savings, am becoming depressed as I draw closer to the end of my time schooling since am yet to build a skill in me that will generate income for me.

Am eager because the house we live in with my family is just a 1 bedroom apartment given to us my my dad's uncle because of the inability to be able to pay rent elsewere and my mom don't even have a good job (she lost her job as a civil servant some years back, when the new govt. came in) and things have been worst but I still thank God for life sad .

all I want is an help on finance for a good laptop to be able to work with/advise on what skill I should learn, new or current ( sad my laptop is down) I won't lie I feel very depressed due to my family condition and been the only one in school and money been hard to get to add a skill that I can use to generate more income for myself and family...

sad should further with programming?
sad What key ways to get hired remotely if I further?
sad Lack of finance is slowing/killing me/my journey...
sad poor finance...
sad my laptop...
sad

A lot of thoughts in my head. I need words of encouragement/help/supportive hands (if possible)
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by samuelson06(m): 12:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
If you say Win 7 is outdated for installing Python, why not upgrade it to 10?
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by aronski(m): 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2023
samuelson06:
If you say Win 7 is outdated for installing Python, why not upgrade it to 10?

The win10 can only run on 32bit in d laptop and it rarely on most times, it just shows light on and makes sound...

I have to leave it and retry till it choose to on some other time
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by samuelson06(m): 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
aronski:

The win10 can only run on 32bit in d laptop and it rarely on most times, it just shows light on and makes sound...

I have to leave it and retry till it choose to on some other time

Take the system to someone that can do it to run win 10 or 8.1 for you. I don't see any problem with running a 32 bit either.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
Enyata build up just started. Go and apply, I think they give out brand new MacBooks. Also join twitter and follow a lot of the popular devs and their organisations. They do give out laptops time to time and you might get lucky to get one.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by JoyousFurnitire(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
1 - focus on finishing school with a good grade. Please do.

2 - download older version of phyton that will work on your laptop. Learn whatever you can with the older version well. See if you can install Linux OS. Plus you can download apps on your mobile to learn.

3 - lastly, do as tenza's post above. But note that rejection is inevitable. So not too put mind just try your luck.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by Sulele04(m): 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Enyata build up just started. Go and apply, I think they give out brand new MacBooks. Also join twitter and follow a lot of the popular devs and their organisations. They do give out laptops time to time and you might get lucky to get one.
Bro what is Enyata build up and can you give me tips on how to win their macbook.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
Sulele04:

Bro what is Enyata build up and can you give me tips on how to win their macbook.

Google it. There's no tips. If you are a man the odds are stacked against you just try your luck

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by aronski(m): 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

woa! jst knowing about this nw.. thanks.. let me check em out
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by aronski(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
JoyousFurnitire:
1 - focus on finishing school with a good grade. Please do.

2 - download older version of phyton that will work on your laptop. Learn whatever you can with the older version well. See if you can install Linux OS. Plus you can download apps on your mobile to learn.

3 - lastly, do as tenza's post above. But note that rejection is inevitable. So not too put mind just try your luck.

Ok sir, thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by yrhuhfy113: 7:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
aronski:
Let me briefly explain the story of my life, I have 2 siblings (which makes us 3) and we all have my mom because my dad died when we were small and things have not been easy for us since then, things have been very hard and I am the only one who is in the university (currently in 300lvl) while my sister is yet to get admission and my senior brother also who seems to be losing interest in schooling...

Well I have been learning programming (web development) which has built my knowledge in HTML 5, CSS 3, JAVASCRIPT, JQUERY, AJAX, BOOTSTRAP 3 & 4, PHP & MySQL but the problem am having is finance. I have tried to raise funds to change my laptop that is on a critical level of damaging but things has been hard since my mom is not that financially strong (shes just trying to see I finish school instead) but I know after school I need a skill to be able to grow financially since the country is somehow nowadays. I planned on learning python (Django) now but my laptop has an outdate OS (Win 7) that does not support Python's latest version and the system is in bad shape. This has made me forget programming for some time since am unable to generate money to get a better laptop and also solve some other financial problems at home and in school.

Things became hard though and it pushed me to think of starting internet fraud but it didn't pay off, I headed next to learn Forex for some years now and I have been losing my savings, am becoming depressed as I draw closer to the end of my time schooling since am yet to build a skill in me that will generate income for me.

Am eager because the house we live in with my family is just a 1 bedroom apartment given to us my my dad's uncle because of the inability to be able to pay rent elsewere and my mom don't even have a good job (she lost her job as a civil servant some years back, when the new govt. came in) and things have been worst but I still thank God for life sad .

all I want is an help on finance for a good laptop to be able to work with/advise on what skill I should learn, new or current ( sad my laptop is down) I won't lie I feel very depressed due to my family condition and been the only one in school and money been hard to get to add a skill that I can use to generate more income for myself and family...

sad should further with programming?
sad What key ways to get hired remotely if I further?
sad Lack of finance is slowing/killing me/my journey...
sad poor finance...
sad my laptop...
sad

A lot of thoughts in my head. I need words of encouragement/help/supportive hands (if possible)

You could start teaching your skills online for a fee.
orrr
get a remote job on UPWORK, FIVERR, etc... but first build a reputable profile on LINKEDIn

Many people here on nairaland land are willing to learn what you know for a fee... package a class and start earning o.

Also consider having a whatsapptv

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by aronski(m): 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

You could start teaching your skills online for a fee.
orrr
get a remote job on UPWORK, FIVERR, etc... but first build a reputable profile on LINKEDIn

Many people here on nairaland land are willing to learn what you know for a fee... package a class and start earning o.

Also consider having a whatsapptv

U have a point, but I have tried freelancing on Upwork and was unable to get any gig even my online portfolio and some projects links I uploaded online, my profile also got verified but yet to secure any gig.

I think am going to go with teaching what I know for a fee...

Thank u so much for ur advice
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by Ahuitzotl: 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
Programming is for those that have money to sustain themselves that's why it's foolhardy to learn coding or code under duress whether financial or otherwise...So my advice for you is to drop that laptop and go hustle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career by aronski(m): 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2023
Ahuitzotl:
Programming is for those that have money to sustain themselves that's why it's foolhardy to learn coding or code under duress whether financial or otherwise...So my advice for you is to drop that laptop and go hustle.

cry

(1) (Reply)

Sending Email With Java In HTML Format (javamail API) / Lucrative Project Available For A Game Developer 3D / Hydradongle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.