Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. (4677 Views)

Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / PDP Presidential Candidates Unite Ahead Of Convention; Atiku Absent; See Photos / 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by naptu2: 5:24am On Jan 16, 2023
Atiku Abubakar @atiku

Today, my family and I join Nigerians to commemorate all the men and women of our armed forces who have given and continue to give their all, those who made the supreme sacrifice and those who continue to demonstrate the willingness to make that sacrifice, to keep all of us safe.

Nigeria remembers you. We say thank you. -AA #ArmedForcesRemembranceDay2023 #ThankASoldier

https://twitter.com/atiku/status/1614577212522659841

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by naptu2: 5:24am On Jan 16, 2023
Bola Ahmed Tinubu @officialABAT

I congratulate members of the Nigerian Legion and the entire Armed Forces on this memorable day. As we celebrate this year’s Armed Forces Remembrance Day, I want to place on record our deep appreciation of the services of our Armed Forces men, past and present

https://twitter.com/officialABAT/status/1614568566480683010

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by naptu2: 5:25am On Jan 16, 2023
Peter Obi @PeterObi

Fellow Nigerians,

15th January, a very special and unique day in 2023 as it was 53 years ago! 40 days from today, Nigerians will be voting in an election that many regard as the most crucial and existential decision we have to make as a nation, and particularly for our children and youths, given the sad state of our dear nation, Nigeria: alarming insecurity, unemployment, poverty, inflation, debt, hunger, disunity, hopelessness and many other indices of a failing state. It was also on 15th January, 53 years ago, a very special red-letter day for Nigeria that the booming of guns and other paraphernalia of battle were formally silenced in the thirty-month civil war in which millions of lives were regrettably lost and an unquantifiable number of properties destroyed!

As we can recall, Colonel Olusegun Obasanjo, as he was then known, led the then Biafran delegation to General Gowon to declare that the war was over and that the military colleagues from the Biafran side should be deployed.

It was stated: “To keep Nigerian one is a task that must be done” and “No victor, no vanquished”. It is this task of keeping Nigeria one in the spirit of no Victor, no Vanquished that has provided the platform for the commitment of both mental and physical energy to the arduous but noble task of building one strong, united ad indivisible Nigeria. As such, the overriding task we should all be committed to, as stated above, is Securing and Uniting Nigeria for Sustainable and Inclusive Development, particularly for our children and youths.

While we regret the immense losses from the war, pray for the repose of souls of the departed and thank God that it ended, we all must join hands with utmost sincerity and commitment to prevent any serious violence in Nigeria, let alone another civil war! Never again!

This task of Securing and Uniting Nigeria should be our only option and we all can agree that the leaders and people of different sections of Nigeria have done admirably well, particularly in the years immediately after the war.

Within less than ten years after the end of that civil war, a committed personality from the defunct Biafra, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, was the Number Two Man to a most patriotic, humble servant-leader, Alhaji Shehu Shangri, who was Number One.

May their Souls continue to rest in peace! Our dear Shehu Shagari and Alex Ekwueme -both of blessed memories - became a strong and veritable expression of the unity and togetherness that engendered a vibrant post-war Nigeria.

This democratic leap with its unifying symbolism was glorious for Nigeria, and I deeply cherish such path of brotherhood and onenesses established by Shagari/Ekwueme and truly believe that it is this path of inclusiveness and togetherness as one Nigeria we should follow today.

Anyone who still harbours a different agenda different from the realization of a wholesome and unifying people-oriented development vision is doing a terrible disservice to this generation and generations of Nigerians yet unborn.

I cannot think of any valid reason, except for the deficit of sound socio-economic and political policies and programmes that will unite and propel Nigeria forward. From what I know of the South-East, the Igbo Nation, led by Ohaneze, has at every opportunity been unequivocal about its commitment to the unity, oneness, integrity, and progress of Nigeria, based on equity, justice, and an inclusive society. And I, Peter Obi, a proud Nigerian of Igbo extraction,

I am most truthfully and wholly committed to that stand of One United, Secure and Progressive Nigeria! It is also worth calling a spade a spade. There are youths all over Nigeria who are frustrated because of injustice, poverty, lack of opportunities, unemployment, unemployment, and apparent exclusion. Such youths could seize upon and use anything issue or tool to express their frustration and anger. I believe that some of those who are agitating, are doing so partly due to our failures in creating an inclusive and progressive Nigeria.

A working Nigeria with equity, justice and fairness will also definitely and effectively checkmate such extreme groups like Boko Haram and ISWAP.

I personally believe that the best strategy for dealing with these situations manifesting in the guise of unclear nationalism, bigoted patriotism and religious bigotry is a carrot and stick approach. Nation building and an Ordered Society are now imperative.

We must wean those that can be weaned through the creation of a society where equity and justice will prevail, a society where the basic freedoms and necessities of life, such as health, jobs, skills, and empowerment are provided.

There must be a national programme for those who will accept the carrot approach. For those unwilling to yield to the carrot approach, the stick option will be fully justified and applied. We must put order in our society and where necessary, justice will be tempered with mercy.

I believe that various agitation groups will stop their agitations when they see a patriotic leadership imbued with fairness, equity, justice, and a determination for a very inclusive and progressive society.

Every rational human being can change when he sees a good reason to do so. Such incentives require the right approach, effort, and time.

It is also unfair to use the misconduct or position of one person or few persons in an ethnic group to stigmatize the entire group.

It is a wrong approach and should not be so! I have repeatedly said that I will sit down and discuss with all agitators, believing that we must continue to talk and negotiate with all to achieve positive results.

Today, marks fifty-three years since the civil war formally ended. Let us accept that the war has truly ended. To try to continue to ‘fight the civil war’ today, after fifty-three years, would be a great disservice to Nigeria and Nigerians, particularly our heroes who diligently Laboured to secure and unite us. Let our rallying anthem remain: “Though tribes and tongue may differ, in brotherhood we stand.” On this day 15th January 2023, I most sincerely pledge and commit that I will spend the rest of my life making sure that the civil war and the circumstances that led to it do not re-occur;and to ensure that we build an all-inclusive and progressive society where no individual or group will be estranged, marginalized, or excluded.

I remain resolute that a New Nigeria that we are all proud of and patriotically committed to is Possible and it is a task that must be achieved!
Today, 133 million Nigerians live in multi-dimensional poverty, 20 million children are out of school, we have near 40% unemployment, with about 60%unemployed youths who do not know where the next meal will come from; our young people in their productive years are doing nothing, our primary healthcare system has collapsed, we have overtaken India in infant mortality despite their being seven times our population. Our youths’ drug abuse prevalence is the highest in the world. We are now globally treated like second class citizens; with Nigerians being refused entry into countries we were far better than a few years ago. These are things that should concern us today; these are things I want us to come together as a family and as a great nation to commence reversing, irrespective of our tribe and religion. That is the Nigeria for which I wish to be the Team Leader, where everybody will be included, no matter where he or she comes from or what his or her beliefs are.

There are critical junctures ad times in which every nation must seize the moment to define or redefine its history. For Nigeria that moment is now! Today marks fifty-three years of Nigeria’s re-unification after the civil war.

A new Nigeria is possible; a nation bound in freedom, peace, unity, justice and prosperity is realizable! Let us all join hands in love and brotherhood to build, with God of our creation guiding our noble cause!

God bless you all and the Federal Republic of Nigeria. -PO

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1614522350732562433

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by naptu2: 5:32am On Jan 16, 2023
Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso @KwankwasoRM

On this day, we say #ThankASoldier. Nigeria remembers you!

#ArmedForcesRemembranceDay

https://twitter.com/KwankwasoRM/status/1614624188391907338

1 Like

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by Deeeer: 5:37am On Jan 16, 2023
OP, only you post, only chop FTC

Bt no one cares about their messages, who wan read am ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by englishmart(m): 5:37am On Jan 16, 2023
Nigeria wasn't ripe for independence at 1960. We have always been in a hurry. Our independence should have happened in 2007

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by PassingShot(m): 5:37am On Jan 16, 2023
Obidense turn am to campaign, attempting an emotional blackmail.

Zombidenses don't reason a bit. If they do, a man whose fraudulent ways are well documented won't be their candidate. I mean someone who has no enduring legacy after 8 solid years as a governor. Mumu no dey taya una.

Anyway, na Bola Ahmed Tinubu be our next president.

For Zombidenses, from February 26th 2023, Nigeria will go back to being a zoo, Hausa/Fulani will return to being cows and Yorubas will once agan be called slaves.

We are ready for them. grin grin grin

Racoon:
The list is endless. No decent country on earth would reward the gang of incompetent know-nothings who presided over such an irrecoverable state of devastation and destruction of a country with continuity in governance.

Of course, Buhari’s acolytes won’t see things that way. In a country where myopic and vested interests override the national interest, and where mediocrity is tolerated and celebrated, Buhari’s supporters are praising him to high heaven!..."

Let’s not allow APC to propagandize us into accepting that their internal politics is our national politics. We should instead be asking them to account for the incalculable injuries they’ve collectively inflicted on our economy, our freedoms, our national emotions, and for reversing whatever little progress we were making before they took over.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/buhari-at-79-a-man-given-so-much-who-gives-so-little-back

Keep crying but the blind and the dumb of Nigeria can actually see the unprecedented infrastructural development PMB has achieved despite the huge challenges of funds brought about by kleptomaniac thieves of PDP (which your Obidense was part of) in addition to global economic challenges. PMB has laid a solid foundation for BAT to build upon.

Una cry never start. Wait till February 25th.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by Racoon(m): 5:39am On Jan 16, 2023
We can only continue to play politics of ethnicity, religion, region and money bags at the peril of our country and to self-destruction. We need selfless, courageous, honest, patriotic, in short, outstanding leadership with character and fear of God beyond what we have had in recent past.

None of the contestants is a saint but when one compares their character, antecedent, understanding, knowledge, discipline and vitality that they can bring to bear.The great efforts required to stay focused on the job particularly looking at where the country is today and with the experience on the job that I personally had, Peter Obi as a mentee has an edge.

Others like all of us have what they can contribute to the new dispensation to liberation, restoration and salvaging of Nigeria collectively. One other important point to make about Peter is that he is a needle with thread attached to it from North and South and he may not get lost. In other words, he has people who can pull his ears, if and when necessary. Needless to say that he has a young and able running mate with clean track record of achievement both in public and private life.
MY APPEAL TO ALL NIGERIANS PARTICULARLY YOUNG NIGERIANS

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by Racoon(m): 5:39am On Jan 16, 2023
PassingShot:
Obidense turn am to campaign.
Zombidenses
The list is endless. No decent country on earth would reward the gang of incompetent know-nothings who presided over such an irrecoverable state of devastation and destruction of a country with continuity in governance.

Of course, Buhari’s acolytes won’t see things that way. In a country where myopic and vested interests override the national interest, and where mediocrity is tolerated and celebrated, Buhari’s supporters are praising him to high heaven!..."

Let’s not allow APC to propagandize us into accepting that their internal politics is our national politics. We should instead be asking them to account for the incalculable injuries they’ve collectively inflicted on our economy, our freedoms, our national emotions, and for reversing whatever little progress we were making before they took over.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/buhari-at-79-a-man-given-so-much-who-gives-so-little-back

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by Mayany(m): 5:39am On Jan 16, 2023
#Obi is better#Obi is coming##ObiDatti2023�

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by Ofunaofu: 5:40am On Jan 16, 2023
sad
Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by naptu2: 5:46am On Jan 16, 2023
Deeeer:
OP, only you post, only chop FTC

Bt no one cares about their messages, who wan read am ?

You! You care about their messages! That's why you saw the title and used your hand to click on the thread; because you care about their messages.

You would have kept scrolling and ignored the thread if you didn't care about it.

Thank you for caring.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by TechW: 5:54am On Jan 16, 2023
Good one from Peter obi,

He gave an insight why the day is called the armed forces remembrance day and also addressed the misgivings still been associated to that day and emphasized the need to remain together while pointing out the things that will help us remain together so that the labour of our heros past shall not be in vain.

So presidential cool

12 Likes

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by dahmie2013: 5:54am On Jan 16, 2023
Obi is just off point... No offence

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by BOLATINUBU01: 6:03am On Jan 16, 2023
See as OBI dey fool himself grin

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by pacesetting: 6:07am On Jan 16, 2023
Actually, he's the only one making a whole lot of sense. After remembering our fallen soldiers and heroes, what's next when the present soldiers keep dying unnecessarily?
dahmie2013:
Obi is just off point... No offence

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by aariwa(m): 6:10am On Jan 16, 2023
Tinubu called himself emilokan elule
Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by dominique(f): 6:13am On Jan 16, 2023
I like Kwakwanso's message the most. Brief and straight to the point. Peter Obi went offpoint along the line and started indirectly campaigning. Can't you put campaigning aside for one day to remember the fallen heroes? undecided

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by FORHII: 6:26am On Jan 16, 2023
Oh...now I know the reason for the celebration of that day...thanks to Peter Obi for educating a little more of where we are coming from, where we are and where he's taking us to as a united people of this great country Nigeria. God bless Peter Obi, God bless the Nigerian army, God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by RuddyFusion(m): 6:33am On Jan 16, 2023
OBI post has educated me on why we celebrate this day. Well done the INCOMING

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by AdamsLawan: 7:28am On Jan 16, 2023
AA celebrate #ArmedForcesRemembranceDay2023# Atiku Abubakar u will be the next to celebrate in Sha Allah.

#AtikuIsComing
#AtikuOrganizingForAction
Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by SeeItSayIt: 7:30am On Jan 16, 2023
Our incoming president Peter Obi keeps educating us at every opportunity else many don't really knew why 15th January was slated for AFRD but gullibility & pride will still keep some in ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by tk4radi: 7:35am On Jan 16, 2023
Ok oo
Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by Sodiq3(m): 7:41am On Jan 16, 2023
RuddyFusion:
OBI post has educated me on why we celebrate this day. Well done the INCOMING
If you are just knowing what ordinary a primary school child should know, that means you have been a dullard all your life just like the candidate you are supporting.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by everythinggirly(f): 7:44am On Jan 16, 2023
God bless Nigeria!
Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by techWriter3: 11:15am On Jan 16, 2023
#politician ieds better#politician ieds coming##politician Datti2023�

Hello, Check my profile if you need help with your thesis, assignment, statement of purpose, dissertation, or personal statement.
Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by Awise09(m): 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
Wow what a message from Peter Obi, that's why I am giving it all for him. Well detailed and focuses on point why we need to remain united and make things work collectively.
Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by Occurstaem(m): 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2023
Avoid saying more than necessary.
Pandora never heard of that.
Re: 2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. by Holuwatomi: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Obi Haba making ur own look like a
News paper.....long note long talk,da say ur stingy so plz dont use talk to feed everybody,dont come and be president with mouth and talk talk oooo when u touch down as president oooo.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Reduces University Tuition By 50% / Fashola Chides Critics Over ‘borrowing For Development / Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.