Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. (2045 Views)

Five Best Ways To Punish A Woman If You Don't Want To Beat Or Abuse Her Physical / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by Realistt: 8:32am On Jan 16, 2023
I need mature advice of ways to seriously discipline and deal with a disrespectful wife without laying a finger on her with the sole aim of putting an end or drastically reducing her incessant provocative behaviour and continuous disrespectful attitude. All she does is apologize afterwards but will repeat same attitude after some weeks or months.

PS: I take absolute responsibility of the financial needs and otherwise at home. I really don't know why she keeps disrespecting me at the slightest thing.
Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by wordbank(m): 8:37am On Jan 16, 2023
Prank her with divorce papers

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by Zonefree(m): 8:39am On Jan 16, 2023
Get yourself a brand new second wife.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by thesicilian: 8:43am On Jan 16, 2023
There's no way.
And she's going to get worse.
Won't even admit she's wrong after some time, not to talk of apologizing.
You're stuck.

3 Likes

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by SWATMan: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2023
Realistt:
I need mature advice of ways to seriously discipline and deal with a disrespectful wife without laying a finger on her with the sole aim of putting an end or drastically reducing her incessant provocative behaviour and continuous disrespectful attitude. All she does is apologize afterwards but will repeat same attitude after some weeks or months.

PS: I take absolute responsibility of the financial needs and otherwise at home. I really don't know why she keeps disrespecting me at the slightest thing.

The single most important choice you will ever make is whom you marry.

Marrying the wrong person will ruin your life. And it will continue ruining your life until your spouse dies or you get divorced. And getting divorced is one of the worst experiences a person can suffer. It also can be financially devastating. If your gut tells you something is not quite right, listen to it. Don’t use rationalizations. Your gut is almost always right when it comes to dating. A person addicted to whatever while you are dating has not proven that he or she can break his or her addiction. If the addiction is to coffee, it doesn’t matter—or exercise, or eating well. But if the person is addicted to bodybuilding and uses steroids, addicted to alcohol, get the Bleep out. You can’t save them. Only they can do that. If a person has beaten an addiction and is/or getting help, that is a different matter. Plenty of former addicts are fine.

You cannot change your partner. That is impossible. And if you want them to change, they aren’t for you. You have to be okay with your partner as they are right now.

There is nothing you can do about your spouse changing during marriage. Aging and life experiences do that. You have to compromise on the effects of it if you want to stay married. That is the work of marriage. If you are already married, unless things are really toxic, you are better off staying in the marriage. There is no perfect person for you. Your goal is to find someone you love but also you can live with. That is success.

You aren’t perfect. You probably have issues. So do they. The question is not about these things. The question is “can we live with each other and each other’s issues?” If the answer is yes, you will be okay.

Life is about compromises. If you are a 5 on the mating market given your mix of personality, status, and looks, you are going to need to find a mate in the 4–6 zones.

If you are a spender and your mate is a saver, you will have conflict. You need to work out something you can live with happily or not get married. Money is the leading cause of fighting and divorce. Adultery is the leading cause of ugly divorces, followed by money.

Marriage isn’t for everyone. Don’t get married because your friends are getting married or your parents and grandparents keep bugging you. You WILL ruin your life. If you disagree about having kids, don’t get married. Don’t say, “we’ll discuss it in the future.” That is a prescription for divorce. If you both have different levels of energy, don’t get married. A person who likes to stay home and rest when not working will have conflict with a person who wants to go tailgating, partying, etc. This information believe will help you in taking the right decision

8 Likes

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by muyico(m): 9:47am On Jan 16, 2023
Punish her? Then u don draw d battle line bdat! Bcus women wil surely retaliate! Keep saying to ha self sebi i don begged u and u do me dis?
Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by Stevenbright(m): 10:49am On Jan 16, 2023
Realistt:

Start disrespecting and disregarding her. If she gets angry and complain that you should stop it, tell her that is the same way you feel when she do it to you. She will naturally stop and both of you will regain your respects!

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by Richy4(m): 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
OP, I don't really know why I find your write up a little off putting ...Seriously Discipline a wife?.. Just maybe, you can shop for a word or words that doesn't sound condescending.... like you were talking about a kid who is below you.....Words like reprimand, admonish etc.

I will suggest that u do only what works for you and your family.. Do not borrow another man's ways because it might backfire...Remember, any one in a relationship is bound to encounter provocations either intentionally or unintentionally whether you are the breadwinner or tea winner it doesn't matter ... the bottom line is making up and forgiving one another...Whenever she is losing it, pause and remind her that she's starting.. and walk away..

In my opinion, The only way a man can avoid being provoked is when he is married to a deaf and dumb lady.. Whatever you say, she will not hear, She will only smile and walk away...and she will never respond, yell or scream at you...But as long as you are married to someone that hears and talks, you will intentionally or unintentionally provoke each other...
embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by tayo60(f): 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
Anytime she does that, withdrawal your attention from her ,stop doing whatever you normally do for her.

3 Likes

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Realistt:

Ask her to kneel down and raise both hands Oga. Is this a master slave relationship or what?

2 Likes

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by satandeterrible: 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2023
SWATMan:

Marrying the wrong person will ruin your life. And it will continue ruining your life until your spouse dies or you get divorced. And getting divorced is one of the worst experiences a person can suffer. It also can be financially devastating. If your gut tells you something is not quite right, listen to it. Don’t use rationalizations. Your gut is almost always right when it comes to dating. A person addicted to whatever while you are dating has not proven that he or she can break his or her addiction. If the addiction is to coffee, it doesn’t matter—or exercise, or eating well. But if the person is addicted to bodybuilding and uses steroids, addicted to alcohol, get the Bleep out. You can’t save them. Only they can do that. If a person has beaten an addiction and is/or getting help, that is a different matter. Plenty of former addicts are fine.

You cannot change your partner. That is impossible. And if you want them to change, they aren’t for you. You have to be okay with your partner as they are right now.

There is nothing you can do about your spouse changing during marriage. Aging and life experiences do that. You have to compromise on the effects of it if you want to stay married. That is the work of marriage. If you are already married, unless things are really toxic, you are better off staying in the marriage. There is no perfect person for you. Your goal is to find someone you love but also you can live with. That is success.

You aren’t perfect. You probably have issues. So do they. The question is not about these things. The question is “can we live with each other and each other’s issues?” If the answer is yes, you will be okay.

Life is about compromises. If you are a 5 on the mating market given your mix of personality, status, and looks, you are going to need to find a mate in the 4–6 zones.

If you are a spender and your mate is a saver, you will have conflict. You need to work out something you can live with happily or not get married. Money is the leading cause of fighting and divorce. Adultery is the leading cause of ugly divorces, followed by money.

Marriage isn’t for everyone. Don’t get married because your friends are getting married or your parents and grandparents keep bugging you. You WILL ruin your life. If you disagree about having kids, don’t get married. Don’t say, “we’ll discuss it in the future.” That is a prescription for divorce. If you both have different levels of energy, don’t get married. A person who likes to stay home and rest when not working will have conflict with a person who wants to go tailgating, partying, etc. This information believe will help you in taking the right decision

Very rubbish and stupid writeup.

Shame on you.

Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by satandeterrible: 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
Skyview01:

Ask her to kneel down and raise both hands Oga. Is this a master slave relationship or what?

You perfectly understood the OP. Stop with your dumb deflection.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by satandeterrible: 4:22pm On Jan 16, 2023
Richy4:
OP, I don't really know why I find your write up a little off putting ...Seriously Discipline a wife?.. Just maybe, you can shop for a word or words that doesn't sound condescending.... like you were talking about a kid who is below you.....Words like reprimand, admonish etc.

I will suggest that u do only what works for you and your family.. Do not borrow another man's ways because it might backfire...Remember, any one in a relationship is bound to encounter provocations either intentionally or unintentionally whether you are the breadwinner or tea winner it doesn't matter ... the bottom line is making up and forgiving one another...Whenever she is losing it, pause and remind her that she's starting.. and walk away..

In my opinion, The only way a man can avoid being provoked is when he is married to a deaf and dumb lady.. Whatever you say, she will not hear, She will only smile and walk away...and she will never respond, yell or scream at you...But as long as you are married to someone that hears and talks, you will intentionally or unintentionally provoke each other...
embarassed

You have a low IQ. What sort of foolish submission is this?

How does this address the fact that the OP's wife is disrespectful? This is not about occasional provocations so stop with the stupid deflection of yours.

3 Likes

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by Richy4(m): 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2023
satandeterrible:

You have a low IQ. What sort of foolish submission is this?

How does this address the fact that the OP's wife is disrespectful? This is not about occasional provocations so stop with the stupid deflection of yours.

I don't speak to online lunatics... A reasonable individual can not roam all over the thread insulting people the way you were doing...
I don't know if lunatics do have good days... But have a good day undecided

6 Likes

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by yemmit90: 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
tayo60:
Anytime she does that, withdrawal your attention from her ,stop doing whatever you normally do for her.

Op, please follow this advise, this is only way you can correct such a woman. You don't need to abuse her or talk back at her, just withdraw your attention and act as if she does not exist. She will read the message, and when she finally open up for apology, let her know your action was a result of her disrespectful nature.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by satandeterrible: 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
Richy4:

I don't speak to online lunatics... A reasonable individual can not roam all over this thread like this...
I don't know if lunatics do have good days... But have a good day undecided
You need to check yourself in a mental hospital.
Don't worry, I'll pay the bills.

What kind of foolery made you to write rubbish in the name of dropping a comment?

You just disgraced yourself and your family. Not me.

I'll be praying for you.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by satandeterrible: 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2023
yemmit90:

Op, please follow this advise, this is only way you can correct such a woman. You don't need to abuse her or talk back at her, just withdraw your attention and act as if she does not exist. She will read the message, and when she finally open up for apology, let her know your action was a result of her disrespectful nature.

Facts.
And if she persists, you must then divorce that bitch and find yourself a homely, young, respectful woman to marry.

Anything other than this is digging your own grave.
Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by Richy4(m): 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
satandeterrible:

You need to check yourself in a mental hospital.
Don't worry, I'll pay the bills.

What kind of foolery made you to write rubbish in the name of dropping a comment?

You just disgraced yourself and your family. Not me.

I'll be praying for you.
I have given you enough attention already..U can now run along..
I don't know if you were always this stupid or today is a special occasion... But whatever it is,.. I can't come down to your level.. This would be my last reply... But as a lunatic, u are free to have the Last word...

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by satandeterrible: 6:34pm On Jan 16, 2023
Richy4:

I have given you enough attention already..U can now run along..
I don't know if you were always this stupid or today is a special occasion... But whatever it is,.. I can't come down to your level.. This would be my last reply... But as a lunatic, u are free to have the Last word...
Get behind me, Satan.
Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by RZArecta(m): 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
Keep up your good work as a husband and father, don't bother exchanging words with her anymore even if she insults you.
Spend some cash to upgrade your wardrobe, buy some stuff for the kids too
Chill out regularly even if it's a joint near your house
After two weeks, get a girl even if it's a colleague to call you at home when your wife is around, use some soft words to receive the call. Your wife will start shouting but ignore her till she calms down
Tell her she pushed you out with her madness. She'll cry
Enjoy the rest of your marriage

2 Likes

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by SWATMan: 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
satandeterrible:

Very rubbish and stupid writeup.

Shame on you.

Nonsense and ingredients.

My write up was not meant for an oaf like you. Sensible people know the content and "ingredients" of my post. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 16, 2023
satandeterrible:

You perfectly understood the OP. Stop with your dumb deflection.

I do not "Perfectly" understand the OP, stop with the DUMB assumptions.
Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by frozen70(f): 10:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
Realistt:

Idleness at home can lead to any nonsense from your spouse

So I think she needs to be busy as in trading or getting a job in the school

So when age goes out and come back full of stress she won't gave time to create problems
Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by JeffreyJunior: 11:13pm On Jan 16, 2023
Speak less, stop complaining and stop demanding apologies.

Reduce your attention and availability and if you can't take it anymore, opt for separation.

What I've learnt in recent time is that some things are never meant to be but we humans keep forcing it which is why we continue to have issues.

No marriage is perfect but never settle for someone who never appreciates you, someone who belittles and disrespects you even at every small mistake you make.

4 Likes

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by Vision101(m): 1:54am On Jan 17, 2023
Very simple: screw up everything.

Stop asking for sex
Stop eating her food
Lock up your pocket
Talk to her minimally
Refuse to sleep on the same bed with her.

Finally unscrew when you are very sure that she has totally changed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by Fiscus105(m): 2:11am On Jan 17, 2023
Apart from few sensible advice they have offered you before now. If she refused to stop disrespectful.

You can stop eating her food. It's only a satanist wife will not back down.

After that, u can sleep outside.(though, I'm not praying to reach this level)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by satandeterrible: 3:21am On Jan 17, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Speak less, stop complaining and stop demanding apologies.

Reduce your attention and availability and if you can't take it anymore, opt for separation.

What I've learnt in recent time is that some things are never meant to be but we humans keep forcing it which is why we continue to have issues.

No marriage is perfect but never settle for someone who never appreciates you, someone who belittles and disrespects you even at every small mistake you make.
Facts
Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by onumadu: 5:11am On Jan 17, 2023
SWATMan:

You are as wise as Solomon.
Thanks for an EXCELLENT comment!
He (or she) who has ears ...
Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by cococandy(f): 5:16am On Jan 17, 2023
Why are you mentioning finances?
Realistt:

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by Nobody: 5:21am On Jan 17, 2023
Bleep her forcefully and be aggressive with it
The more aggressive you're the more she's going to love and submit to you wholeheartedly
Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by onumadu: 5:26am On Jan 17, 2023
@OP,
One question:
Do you share a bedroom with her?
If you do, you would be wise to stop that first...
Living in a different room will at least give you some space to rebuild your -re-la-tion-ship (that is HOW YOU SEE ONE ANOTHER).
Sharing a bedroom is one of those lies that came from abroad which subtly transmogrifies a MATING relationship into a SIBLING relationship.
Once she starts seeing you as a "brother", and not a MATE (someone she has sex with), anything can start coming from her.
Women often don't respect their brothers as much as they respect their husbands. FACT.
BTW I'm assuming you are not a S-IM-P.
I can't explain it all in a post here, but try it.
Re: Best Way To Punish & Deal With A Disrespectful Wife. by SWATMan: 6:22am On Jan 17, 2023
onumadu:

You are as wise as Solomon.
Thanks for an EXCELLENT comment!
He (or she) who has ears ...

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I End All The Relationship Between Myself, Parents And Only Brother / My Genotype Is As And My Fiance Is As Pls I Need Help, Am In Love With Him / Wife Abandons Husband In Nigeria After Child Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.