Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House (19255 Views)

If We Had Elected Peter Obi / 2023 Election: I Will Respect Rule Of Law If Elected – Peter Obi / Robert Clarke: Death Sentence Won’t Stop Corruption, It’s In Blood Of Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Gemid94(m): 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2023
Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party on Monday in London has said he will have zero tolerance for corruption by ensuring the revenue of government are properly accounted for should he emerges winner of the February 25 poll.

He made this statement while addressing Chatham House on his plans for Nigerians when elected next month.

"Foreign capital is scare of corruption, is scare of poor policy and is scare of where there is no rule of law. You need to put a regulatory environment and makes it conducive.

"That is what Datti and I want to bring onboard. We will bring tangible asset of securing the country, making sure we govern through rule of law. We will fight corruption. Datti has a record that he is the only National Assembly member who refused to buy property of government," he said.

Tribune Online learned Obi spoke to about 60,000 audience during the interactive session.

Chatham House, also known as the Royal Institute of International Affairs, is an independent policy institute headquartered in London. Its stated mission is to provide commentary on world events and offer solutions to global challenges.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/i-will-stop-corruption-when-elected-peter-obi-at-chatham-house/

109 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by PrinceOfLagos: 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2023
Nigerians will have cause to smile again under the able leadership of his Excellency , Mr Peter Obi

351 Likes 30 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by psucc(m): 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2023
Corruption in Nigeria is institutionalized. If you gather the steel ball and the willpower, it will reduced to the barest minimum.

Only that succeeding governments only leverage on such opportunities to make it.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by MrSensor(m): 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2023
Vote wisely.

LIKE for Tinubu
SHARE for Obi
QUOTE for Atiku

58 Likes 432 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Exmilitant(m): 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2023
Corruption? undecided
Yardua tried and lost his life.
Jonathan tried and nearly lost his life.
Buhari tried and nearly lost his life.
Let's see the type of magic this one will employ to stop corruption if he maybe wins.

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Qardinalcaptain: 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2023
Man lyk THOR’s brother LOKI...i don’t believe him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by NOGRUDGES(m): 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2023
Corruption can never be stopped

More especially by one, who thrives in a corrupt system

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by 1nice(m): 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2023
Nigerians from all ethnic groups in Nigeria love Peter Obi, not only Yoruba and Hausa people. Nigerians have been observing Peter Obi and have come to the conclusion that Peter Obi is the one to make Nigeria a better place for Nigerians and foreigners to live in.

Peter Obi is Nigerians candidate for the Job of the President of the Federal republic of Nigeria.

182 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Obidient4life3: 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2023
We believe you! You have done it before, you will do it again!

112 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Yorubalandlord(m): 4:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
NOGRUDGES:

Corruption can never be stopped

More especially by one, who thrives in a corrupt system

The best way to fight corruption is you yourself. If your are not corrupt, your wife is not corrupt & your family is not corrupt, you reduce corruption by 50%. Hold me responsible, that’s what I’m going to do. @PeterObi

115 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by LocalStandard1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
We trust you and you will have your chance.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by hisexcellency34: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
I hope corruption won't stop you Instead. Nigerian corruption na your mate

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by SouthSouth1914: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Same words Buhari used, yet he became corruption personified. Fixing Nigeria needs more than mere words!

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by leisuretym: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Vote Peter Obi, I wish APC presented Osinbajo or Amechi , but since they presented an old man , and Atiku can not be trusted , Peter Obi is the best option available now, the man will sure rescue the Middle Belt people and Southern kaduna people from killers herdsmen, let’s give him a chance.
Others candidates have looters in large numbers in their cabinet

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by GeneralPula: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lol

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by atobs4real(m): 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
Radio Promises. i don't trust the new bride or angel

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Esales(m): 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
Peter Obi doesn't even need to do anything, just create a transparent government with accountability. The youths will do the rest.
Meanwhile, to dey browse for interesting posts no dey Taya you? Save yourself the stress and time, Join my WhatsApp TV for hilarious content right on WhatsApp. Check my signature for the phone number.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by atobs4real(m): 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2023
did he stop corruption in Anambra when he was the governor

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Teemax09: 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2023
My presido

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by yugoo: 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
Just do your best and set the right precedence Sir. We all need someone like you to show Nigerians that things can rightly be done. The system rot is so deep, we just need you as a fore runner. You cant do it all

8 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Dididrumz(m): 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
We know.

And we believe in You.

9 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by KingKO22: 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
K
Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Youngpaperboy: 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
Corruption is the beginning and end of our problem as Nigerians. If there is no stealing in the Government, there will be transparency in every activity of the Government, that will enable efficient and and effective Governance, the people will demand for what they want and see the possibility of achieving that. I am yet to understand d reason why some of my fellow Yoruba, especially Muslims that complained about Buhari Government earlier have suddenly turned around to defend Buhari and APC, and are even canvassing support for Tinubu... Wow

5 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Soulsymbol99: 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
Corruption is definitely going 2 fight back. Like he said he will stop subsidy frm day 1. Pple feeding fat frm dat will start fighting his winning the presidency . But God go run am 4 us.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Xxx123xxx(m): 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

The best way to fight corruption is you yourself. If your are not corrupt, your wife is not corrupt & your family is not corrupt, you reduce corruption by 50%. Hold me responsible, that’s what I’m going to do. @PeterObi
..Yinmu

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Lovetie: 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
Okay
Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by IgOga(m): 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lori iro grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2023
You can reduce but not stop
Re: I Will Stop Corruption When Elected — Peter Obi At Chatham House by makavalley(m): 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2023
When a President is speaking you're proud to listen that you're President is reping you well, not one Dubai landlord ruling from another country, jeting out to treat one ailment or the other or a grandpa that is OFF and ON , foreign bed rest , needs rest because age, nature has got up with him and he needs to take a break from politics but greed, personal pocket interest, polithiefcians,sycophants won't allow him to be because of they want to continue to plunder the country till infinity

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dogara Receives His National ID Card Today / Amina Mohammed Celebrates Her 55th Birthday In The Office / Yakubu Mahmood Visits Idris Over Wike's Audio (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.