Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. (33922 Views)

Aproko Doctor Has Been Fighting For His Life. / Aproko Wins 5 Million Naira And A Car As The Next Naija Comedy Star / I Was A Bus Conductor For Years - Small Doctor Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by CheapHomes1: 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kobonaire2023:

Either we pay for good healthcare at point, or we pretend we can get it cheap, while we take loans to pay for everything.

Or you stop complaining about how bad things are in Nigeria, and accept we are too poor to have good healthcare system

Things cost money. We get what we pay for. And APC has not diversified the economy, neither has it made it a productive economy.

The taxes that have been paid so far, what have nigerians leaders done with it?

Where do nigerian leaders get money to travel abroad for medical care? Are you going to blame the citizens for that too?

I guessed you missed this..."If you want to copy a system, copy in full, don't try and avoid your own responsibilities as leaders"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Greenscientist: 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
Jashub:
You're a dreamer if you think Nigeria and her health sector will ever get better.

Person wey dry use style eye Minister of health in the future.
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Is it his not wishing his motherland well that is responsible for the sorry state of his motherland?

I never said it was but a little bit of positivity is good for everyone. Aproko doctor did his surgery here in Nigeria despite the whole negative orientation and it was successful, done by a Nigerian doctor in a Nigerian hospital.

I know someone (Nigerian) who went to the US & spent millions for child delivery and the kids died in the states (they were twins)... So pls... Not everything is bad in Nigeria. Same doctors here will perform amazingly abroad so all we need for the health sector are equipments, continuous training and proper remuneration.
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by deavicky(m): 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lumenasblog:
Popular Nigeria health influencer, Dr. Chinonso Egemba better known as Aproko Doctor, has revealed why he had his brain tumour surgery in Nigeria and declined suggestions by friends and well wishers to have the surgery overseas.

Egemba on Monday morning via his social media platforms, opened up about his health issue with Craniopharyngioma, which simply means brain tumour.

In a series of tweets, however, Egemba further revealed that he believed in the Nigeria health-sector and is dedicating his life to see the country’s health-sector succeed.

Posting a picture of the doctor who operated on him, Egemba wrote, “It was Dr. Tayo Ojo, a neurosurgeon here in Nigeria that did the surgery. So many people begged me to leave the country to get the surgery done, but something kept me back here because I still had trust in us. We just need more investment in our health sector.

“Education, health. For me… those are the two systems any nation needs to succeed. I’m dedicating my life to seeing that they succeed in our country Nigeria. I hope you see it too.”

Captioning the video, as seen on his Twitter page, Egemba wrote, “Throughout December of 2022, I was fighting for my life. I went blind in one eye on the 3rd of December 2022 and on the 5th, I was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

“Today, I stand here before you to share my story. It has been a long road to recovery but each day is better than the last.”

While speaking in the video, he said, “One thing to understand is that health issues can happen to you regardless of who you are, including me.

“For the past three weeks or two weeks, I have been fighting for my life. Some of you have no idea. It happened that I was diagnosed with Craniopharyngioma which is a brain tumour and I had no idea I would be sharing my story.

“Here I am sitting on this seat sharing my own story about how I had a tumour in my brain. It was so bad that I couldn’t read out of my phone anymore to the point where this eye, I couldn’t read with it and it was also closing. They said it is a Craniopharyngioma and we need to do surgery to remove it.”

Over the years, Egemba has used his videos to enlighten people via his social media platforms, about health related matters and life changes that can improve and maintain good health.

He is also the executive director of the 100kClub, a non-profit organisation that lends medical support to Nigerians who need health assistance

He has also won numerous awards for his health advocacy in the country’s social media space.

Egemba got married to fellow influencer, Chiamaka Nwakalor better known as Chef Amaka, in June of 2020
you sure say no be scissor them forget for his head they make am talk like this?. Because the last time I check Nigeria hospita has nothing to write about compared to outside.
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by CheapHomes1: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2023
burgermeister:

I never said it was but a little bit of positivity is good for everyone. Aproko doctor did his surgery here in Nigeria despite the whole negative orientation and it was successful, done by a Nigerian doctor in a Nigerian hospital.

I know someone (Nigerian) who went to the US & spent millions for child delivery and the kids died in the states (they were twins)... So pls... Not everything is bad in Nigeria. Same doctors here will perform amazingly abroad so all we need for the health sector are equipments, continuous training and proper remuneration.

Yes you did. And you have again. Is it his not wishing his motherland well that is responsible for the sorry state of his motherland?
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Yes you did. And you have again. Is it his not wishing his motherland well that is responsible for the sorry state of his motherland?

Well, if you lack understanding, there is nothing I can do about that. Bye.
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Truthshscrazy: 9:49pm On Jan 16, 2023
undecided
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by AZControversial(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2023
smiley

So humble and calm a Doctor.
Great job sir.
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by diplomat058(m): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
braunny:
death is an inevitable end and it will come when it will come....... No be ur time yet that's why... Haha leave abroad choose naija!!!!!! Brain tumor ohhhhhh.... Definitely it affected ur reasoning
This is one of the most foolish and sense-starved comments I've seen on Nairaland. Ọmọ
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by CheapHomes1: 9:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
burgermeister:

Well, if you lack understanding, there is nothing I can do about that. Bye.

With all your understanding, you couldn't even answer a simple question.

Is it his not wishing his motherland well that is responsible for the sorry state of his motherland?

Simple yes or no
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by CheapHomes1: 9:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
TheChameleon:

Keep quiet. Why did Nonso choose to do the surgery in Lagos instead of Anambra?

It's because Tinubu made Lagos habitable while Peter Obi left Anambra a pig sty.

1 Like

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by emorse(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
uniquelyspecial:

He might be making his plans at the moment. Once him process his papers finish ..... BOOM!....Japa!
I doubt this. Dr Ojo clipped my mum's brain aneurysm in 2019. He was already one of the biggest boys at the department of neurosurgery at the time. To japa no fit hard for that kind person. His protégé are quite a number at that same LUTH. Some people value home and these guys are some of them.

2 Likes

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by emorse(m): 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
diplomat058:

This is one of the most foolish and sense-starved comments I've seen on Nairaland. Ọmọ
You never spend enough time for Nairaland that's why. Dem dey contest mumu championship for here o.
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by emorse(m): 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2023
AZControversial:
smiley

So humble and calm a Doctor.
Great job sir.
Like ehn. Dr Ojo is the definition of "Ice in your veins".
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by emorse(m): 10:09pm On Jan 16, 2023
Pinkyposh:

It was not done at LUTH, it was conducted at Lagoon Hospitals Ikoyi
Same if the same. Dr. Ojo is a consultation neurosurgeon at LUTH.
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Otunbakayce: 10:09pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dr Ojo is a highly cerebral surgeon. I know him as a consultant while studying in LUTH.
I wonder why he is still in this country, Nigeria doesn't deserve people like him, they deserve people like tinubu and buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Lolachef(f): 10:14pm On Jan 16, 2023
Is he God?
devilmaycry:
Person wey dey advise on health issue dn get issue ...

Proof that no body pass illness

1 Like

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by caye(m): 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2023
delana:

Cuba doesn’t have one of the best healthcare systems, it’s ranked 103 , even below Ghana at 100 , Nigeria is ranked 144

Who did they ranking?
The angels of God?
Or western think-tanks that hate anything Cuba-russia.?
And you believe all these ranking without independent proofs?

Which doctors came around to help Europeans during Covid?
Wasn't it the Cubans?
#misinformation

1 Like

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by UGBE634: 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
olaboy33:
This begs the questions if health conditions are a function of individual lifestyle or probably gene configuration.
my brother
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by AZControversial(m): 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
emorse:

Like ehn. Dr Ojo is the definition of "Ice in your veins".

Telling you

1 Like

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by caye(m): 10:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kobonaire2023:

Cuba does that at the expense of staff welfare and salaries.
Cuban docs are poorly paid.( very much so)

Also, most Cuban health centers are not as well equipped as the few big hospitals you see on tv.

Finally most Nigerians use USA as the benchmark.

Victims of propaganda.

Just like Iraq atomic bombs.
Just like Bin Laden responsible for 9/11.
Just like Gaddaffi was killing innocent people.
Just like Mandela was a terrorist.
Just like Jesus Christ is white.
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Pinkyposh(f): 10:43pm On Jan 16, 2023
emorse:

Same if the same. Dr. Ojo is a consultation neurosurgeon at LUTH.

I was referring to the OP former heading, that says it was done at LUTH, but he has corrected it
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by bjking(m): 10:43pm On Jan 16, 2023
I wish him speedy recovery
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by delana(m): 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
caye:

Who did they ranking?
The angels of God?
Or western think-tanks that hate anything Cuba-russia.?
And you believe all these ranking without independent proofs?

Which doctors came around to help Europeans during Covid?
Wasn't it the Cubans?
#misinformation

If you want information about the ranking, you can find it on worldpopulationreview.com

One thing is Cuba has always had a program since the 60s called Cuban Medical Internationalism where they send health workers particularly doctors to some countries in need of them , initial aim of this was to build diplomatic ties with other countries during the years of US sanctions, but as time went by , they also made some money from this program .

The country has a high doctor to patient ratio which makes it easy to send them outside , but a doctor to patient ratio isn’t the only yardstick for assessing how developed a country’s healthcare system is .

Thirdly, Cuban doctors are some of the lowest paid in the world as well , as a result, they are also eager to go on international missions to make more money . The pay in Cuba is as low as 50 dollars monthly and the cost of living is high as a result of years of trade sanctions and restrictions by the west .
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by braunny(m): 10:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
diplomat058:

you are indeed foolish..... Why quote me Just state how u feel... Don't ever quote me. In your miserable life
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by jibrilELsudan: 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
LIKE SEY HE CAN AFFORD THE SURGERY ABROAD

1 Like

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by emorse(m): 11:19pm On Jan 16, 2023
Pinkyposh:

I was referring to the OP former heading, that says it was done at LUTH, but he has corrected it
Alright ma'am.
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Laird(m): 11:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dr Ojo

The man is a don. Worked under him one time
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by sandilicous(f): 11:59pm On Jan 16, 2023
For ex-students of Unizik, get your transcripts at a fast rate without stress

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Sensiblerealist: 12:42am On Jan 17, 2023
Both of you are in it together Abi.
At one time, it will be she and her daughter drinking garri that is about to be exhausted; at other times Na malaria dey battle with her.
Aeon oloriburuku scammer.
E be like say the thing dey pay well for this nairaland cuz I see no reason why she will be at it for years I'd not gaining substantially

Omahleigh:
Wow, this water guy.
We pray for healing

Please guys let's lend a helping hand to those in need in this trying times, a widows mite can help a great deal to mitigate someone's suffering. Please help her if you can
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by owobokiri(m): 1:27am On Jan 17, 2023
This one wey I dey get serious headache sef...
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Irupetepete: 3:38am On Jan 17, 2023
Omahleigh:
Wow, this water guy.
We pray for healing

Please guys let's lend a helping hand to those in need in this trying times, a widows mite can help a great deal to mitigate someone's suffering. Please help her if you can
same criminal, diff moniker

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paul Okoye Flaunts His Luxury Gold (Photos) / Debie-rise Pictured With Rashida Bello, Kogi First Lady / Chinyere Wilfred & Human Statue That Looks Like A Robot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.