Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi (25869 Views)

2023: I’ll Handle Security While Tinubu Will Handle Economy - Shettima / Smart Adeyemi: Let’s Shut Down The National Assembly If We Can't Save... (Video) / How I’ll Defeat Buhari And Atiku– Peoples Trust Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by SMGGroup: 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
Obaofaba:
A fraud must be kept very clear from the Aso rock, trust Nigerians to do just that.

If you can't govern effectively a small state like anambra without turning it to the poverty capital of the world, what magic wand do you have to turn Nigeria to a better country?

Dem just recruited this one. You guys sounds the same. But I hear say na pdp dey pay pass.
Vote wisely

1 Like

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Amaggedon: 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
sapele914:
Talk is cheap, no time to waste, go and listen to London School of Economics trained Wale Tinubu talk, Jagaban’s boy, he is 10 times more eloquent than Peter Obi could be.
Why didn't wake Tinubu contest? Why is the full father contesting?
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by newnigerdelta1: 10:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party for the 2023 election on Monday said Nigerians have nothing to worry about if his party is not the majority in the 10th National Assembly.

POLITICS NIGERIA reports that speaking at the Chatham House, Obi, a former governor of Anambra State promised to “do the right things” if he is elected president in next month’s election.

“I have been through this as a governor. As long as you are pursuing what is right, everybody will go with you.

It becomes a problem when you are pursuing transactional policies, which will benefit you, or you are engaging in nepotism, but when you adhere to the constitution, which has already stipulated that the system will include diversity, you would carry everybody along, and there would not be a problem,” Obi said.

https://politicsnigeria.com/how-ill-handle-natl-assembly-if-labour-party-is-not-controlling-it-obi/

Mr LIAR done come lie for some set of baby liars
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Scamburster(m): 10:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Obaofaba:
Don't overestimate your worth.

Obi will never be the Nigerian president, know this, know peace
Lol, nairaland sef,
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Coolboy009: 10:59pm On Jan 16, 2023
Obaofaba:

Oga wake up from your wireless dream and face reality. Obi is your next president.
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by IGBOSON1: 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
toneroforever:

Sorry,a first class eloquent thief is of no use to us. U can keep him in Lagos.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Part of the problem of Nigeria is elevating mundane and irrelevant issues to the level of ‘national importance’! He reckons Wale Tinubu is more qualified than Peter Obi just because the former used stolen public funds his relative acquired to go school abroad and get a britico accent while at it! shocked
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Ijaya123: 11:03pm On Jan 16, 2023
Reinaldo:

Obi will be President. Tinubu can never be President though. He will chase it and chase it but he will never touch it.

One of the rules of Nigerian politics, never allow IPOB to support you. If they do, you’re as good as losing the election.
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Scamburster(m): 11:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
Seun:
Peter Obi spoke at Chatham house today, that's why. And he said many interesting things.
If there any Tinubu thread that we should have covered that we have not covered, please indicate.
And you replied? chia!! embarassed
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by rickleye: 11:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party for the 2023 election on Monday said Nigerians have nothing to worry about if his party is not the majority in the 10th National Assembly.

POLITICS NIGERIA reports that speaking at the Chatham House, Obi, a former governor of Anambra State promised to “do the right things” if he is elected president in next month’s election.

“I have been through this as a governor. As long as you are pursuing what is right, everybody will go with you.

It becomes a problem when you are pursuing transactional policies, which will benefit you, or you are engaging in nepotism, but when you adhere to the constitution, which has already stipulated that the system will include diversity, you would carry everybody along, and there would not be a problem,” Obi said.

I am sorry dude - American democracy doesn't work that way neither does the british. Democrats - Liberal and Big Government. Reps - Conservative and Small Government. You need Independents that are in the middle.

They do not care about states. Other states did not send the representatives to Abuja . They will only care about what concerns their people.
What you need to do is position yourself with a party which closely aligns with your policies - In this case PDP.

If you ever become President align yourself with PDP. or else you'll be frustrated and be the first one term president. Corruption and nepotism is steeped in the country. You cannot do it alone.

https://politicsnigeria.com/how-ill-handle-natl-assembly-if-labour-party-is-not-controlling-it-obi/
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by youngzeal1: 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2023
Obaofaba:

the same way ur dead brain will always be dead..
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Kingspin(m): 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2023
When you tell some people to be fair to all, they get angry yet they go about asking why Nigeria have no peace.
Ur mumu neva done?

1 Like

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Geniuelander: 11:10pm On Jan 16, 2023
Obaofaba:
A fraud must be kept very clear from the Aso rock, trust Nigerians to do just that.

If you can't govern effectively a small state like anambra without turning it to the poverty capital of the world, what magic wand do you have to turn Nigeria to a better country?

I read 4 of your comments

Why are you crying on this harmless post cry cry grin grin grin
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:15pm On Jan 16, 2023
MaliCampus:
Real Omoluabis are speaking up,Not the tribal and dumb bigots that litters Nairaland.
yeye omuluabi who failed as president contestant... Next month this pipe dream ll end anyway... All of us know next month it's either APC or PDP that will be president...
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by femijamz: 11:16pm On Jan 16, 2023
In the next 16yrs no Igbo will become the president of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by lhordspy: 11:17pm On Jan 16, 2023
Seun:
Peter Obi spoke at Chatham house today, that's why. And he said many interesting things.
If there any Tinubu thread that we should have covered that we have not covered, please indicate.

Alright sir.
There is an opinion-thread here. You can check it sir if it is Frontpage worthy.. Please do move it for larger audience.

https://www.nairaland.com/7505647/emi-lokan-criticism-hypocrites
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:18pm On Jan 16, 2023
Holla911:
This election has shown we have a large number of gullible youths. It's evident by their support of this fraud called obi.
I just can wait for next month to come how do people think labour party will defeat APC or PDP from where will the votes come.... Besides how do people expect that a Party without candidates for national assembly positions is even serious... They said PDP APC is bad yet they're only interested in president like he would function without national assembly... Omo useless fantasy bad oooo...

3 Likes

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2023
uba1991:
This man don't know the power of the legislature. Peter Obi go and ask Buhari when Saraki was against him.
Senate president no even get power self... He doesn't vote so saraki didn't even do anything besides the present nass is more vibrant than saraki nass...

1 Like

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Gbogbowa: 11:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
Image123:
IF kwa, abi WHEN? Is this man still dreaming or just used to lamba.
Obi dismissed this important question by saying he had faced same before as governor. Did he do well with it? NO. It was this similar reason that impeached him. It was this reason that his Chief of Staff used that he was not able to conduct ordinary LG elections.

Like someone said and i quote realistically.
"Obi was governor in Anambra for 8 years, you can't name one single great man he identified and then built.
The only man he made and imposed is ex-Governor Willy Obiano. But you know what? They abandoned each other just after two years.

Is that the man you want to hand Nigeria over to? May God forbid bad thing!
Secondly, I see restructuring and devolution of powers as a major a major solution to our instability and undevelopment.

This, again, can only be done in partnership with the North, which has the majority population and presently seems to benefit from status quo.

So, Northerners would only yield ground to a man they trust, who can make them believe it would favour them also Former VP Atiku Abubakar can't do that because,right in his heart, he doesn't believe in it.

Mr. Peter Obi does not even have the liver at all or trust of the North to try it.
So, Obi would just keep complaining,if elected by chance
This is why, of the trio of TInubu,Atiku & Obi,only Tinubu has the guts,the trust of the North,&can play the right politics to achieve that."
you are making mistake comparing state house of assembly that everybody is from the same state with national assembly that everyone come from different regions,it is not possible to impeachment a president in Nigeria where the president control the military,Obi impeachment in Anambra was mastermind from the presidency but that can not happen again,how do you compare Obi with Tinubu that never allow democracy to survive in Lagos only impose and rig election with oluomo,under free and free election Tinubu cannot win election in Lagos even lagosian like me are tired of him,the only development you see in Lagos is only on the island other part of Lagos are suffering

2 Likes

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2023
Reason why I don't like Peter!

He is too fictional!

Where does that happen in the entire world where democracy is practiced!

They are bound to frustrate your administration even when his presidency can only happen on Twitter!

They will play opposition role and it will be catastrophic!

Going against them will get you conveniently impeached

2 Likes

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 16, 2023
Holla911:
This election has shown we have a large number of gullible youths. It's evident by their support of this fraud called obi.

You said it all!

He is painting fictions for his gullible followers!

1 Like

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by blahc007: 11:24pm On Jan 16, 2023
Obaofaba:

No problem sir.....can you sleep now?
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:24pm On Jan 16, 2023
sapele914:
Twice I believed he was impeached?

Assuming but not conceding that he gets there, Supreme Court cannot save him from the National Assembly.

Are you saying that NIGERIA can never be well again?

Then let's divide the country and go our separate ways ....

Why this pessimistic theory about someone who has come to work , but a clap offering for someone who gaffs at any questions thrown to him.. and such can't be impeached abi?
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by tonididdy(m): 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
Is Peter OBI Nigerias messiah?

In my opinion a BIG NO but of all the top trending candidates, he’s the one with the LESSER SIN.

It’s like a case of a senior armed robber and his apprentice (first timer) armed robber who were caught and facing judgment in court. The court will temper Justice with mercy and tender the first timer thief a lesser sentence than his boss.

OBI has never satisfied me with his answers. Here again is another case study, if you believe a formulae that worked in state level will work in federal level, then you deserve a question mark on your head.

Only the invincible cabals, the tribal fanatics in politics, the religious diehards in politics will never ever seek the unity of Nigeria. It’s their way or no way.

Obi govt will obviously be frustrated unless the masses join him to fight those who want the country stagnant.

in conclusion: I would blindly vote Peter OBI and his vice come Feb.

1 Like

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:26pm On Jan 16, 2023
blahc007:

No problem sir.....can you sleep now?

There is no sleep for the Wicked......chat him up anytime, he is awake looking for nonsense thread to attack someone who is determined to set him free atleast 75% free .....
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Ogaga87(m): 11:26pm On Jan 16, 2023
Obaofaba:

To all urchins

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Monday60655(m): 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
Obaofaba:

Keeping underestimating yourself. Obi will rule you weather you like or not. Die or be alive Obi will still rule Nigeria. Know this and know peace.
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by funshint(m): 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
Someone that was impeached as a governor due to this same issue. This man is a joke https://saharareporters.com/2006/11/02/breaking-news-peter-obi-anambra-state-impeached-0
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Reason why I don't like Peter!

He is too fictional!

Where does that happen in the entire world where democracy is practiced!

They are bound to frustrate your administration even when his presidency can only happen on Twitter!

They will play opposition role and it will be catastrophic!

Going against them will get you conveniently impeached

I other words, you are telling us that NIGERIA can never ever be well again I guess?

So only the wicked succeeds in Nigeria and in the political sectors

No wonder foreign bodies rejects Nigerians easily , all because of people like you....

1 Like

Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by blahc007: 11:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

There is no sleep for the Wicked......chat him up anytime, he is awake looking for nonsense thread to attack someone who is determined to set him free atleast 75% free .....
grin
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by stealmatic(m): 11:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
Reinaldo:

Obi will be President. Tinubu can never be President though. He will chase it and chase it but he will never touch it.

Did he mention tinubu now,I can see for yourself that tinubu will win
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Emola12(m): 11:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
Obaofaba:

and if God allow obi to become Nigeria president i know you will hang urself LOBATAN
Re: How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

I other words, you are telling us that NIGERIA can never ever be well again I guess?

So only the wicked succeeds in Nigeria and in the political sectors

No wonder foreign bodies rejects Nigerians easily , all because of people like you....

Yes!

The cabals ruling Nigeria are one of the most brilliant politicians in the entire world!

Do you think it takes mere work of mouth to break the structure they created for over 5 decades ago?

Wake up and face reality!

LP and Peter Obi are too little to break such!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambode And Wife At HID Awolowo's Lying In State In Lagos (photos) / Ogun State Walk: Live Pictures From APC Walk For Tinubu/Shettima / Nigeria Is The Most Stressful Country In The World- BLOOMBERG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.