Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

"Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" (42667 Views)

Nigerian Man in US Whose Wife Threw Him Out His Own Home Speaks (vid) / My Adulterous Wife Threw Me Out Of My Home And Moved In Her Lover-Ibadan Man / Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by barbstee(m): 11:37am On Jan 18, 2023
alphabbey1:

What of the children, will they adopt mother's name as well ?
Its necessary for someone's lineage name to continue. You can't just let your ancestors sweat go in vain....

First of all, Females are better investment than men... not even in this world were women get job and sympathy faster than men A father that wants better financial security for himself in the future better pray he gets a female Child...

To continue his family name, Best thing to do is artificial insemination But his broke nature won't allow him and he keeps blaming the innocent wife for all his shortcomings.... You are broke, your sperm cannot produce a male, and you are blaming mother nature for that...

A female child is the most important child for future financial security.... any father with no female child should better plan to secure his future himself coz even after labouring on son of Adam, he will take care of his wife's family pass you....

Children will take the name of their father throughout their lifetime either male or female
Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by sharone21(f): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2023
Thanksful:
Hunger has dealt with human so much that they have lost their minds.

A male child is not for feeding a family, is for protecting the name of a family.

Every child is important but only a male child can maintain the lineage of a family. The genetic code of a family is stored in the male child.

But names change... How do we link Onyeama, that was great grandfather's name to now Chigozie that is the present surname.... Moreso if no physical resemblance....

So, which name are we still keeping in that lineage? We should also pray that one bad egg will not be born that will tarnish that name for life even if they keep the name till the 1000th generation.
Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by Everbryte: 11:54am On Jan 18, 2023
Maam, congratulation on your lovely family. Do not feel less of a wife and mother for bearing only female children. you will be happier in your old age.

However, you need peace in your home more than anything else. So if your husband has come up with the option of adopting a male child, if the financial muscle is there, commit to it, do it, wisely, ensure he is younger that your last biological child.

Taking care & training 6 children in today's Nigeria & even elsewhere in not an easy thing at all.
Count the cost & be sure you both want to commit, also , your kids may be young but they need emotional stability and needs to be engaged.
Things like this affect children more, for grown ups, it is understood as one of those things.
changing a maid/care giver can trigger negative reaction from children. Speak with a Councillor, engage your children and have their buy in - go for your legal adoption.

All the best

NwekeUG:
Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today - Nigerian Woman

A Nigerian lady, Uduak Victor, said her mother was thrown out by her father for not bearing a male child, IGBERETV reports.

Uduak disclosed this in a Facebook group, while commenting on a post about a mother of four girls, whose husband is threatening to marry a second wife if she doesn't give birth to a male child.

"Madam leave that thing and take care of ur treasures very well, my father that had the same mentality, threw my mum out but to God be the glory we the girls are the one feeding him today we were (5) female and we are all married, that y I love my mum very much." she wrote.

https://igberetvnews.com/1436919/dad-threw-mum-bearing-male-child-girls-feed-today-nigerian-woman/
Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
sharone21:

But names change... How do we link Onyeama, that was great grandfather's name to now Chigozie that is the present surname.... Moreso if no physical resemblance....

So, which name are we still keeping in that lineage? We should also pray that one bad egg will not be born that will tarnish that name for life even if they keep the name till the 1000th generation.

In the bible, there are stories of genealogy. Mostly traced from Abraham. Their surnames weren't Abraham. However, each maintained their family identity.

Infact, if a man did not father a child and die. The law in the bible in those days says, the brother of the dead man should father a child for him through the wife.

These are spiritual things. We are just to carefree and natural in our time.
Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by Sh1g1d1: 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2023
Thank you for the bolded.
chatinent:
This mentality is common among poor men, and the educated illiterates. Even the male children you dey find, which name e wan live up to? You wey no get nothing! You wey even the land you get na still the one your great-grandfather leave. House na family house. Upon every every, na still you wey bi complete zero alpha dey cause fuss about male child.

Bringing boys to this life to suffer and become men even before they become men! The way children suffer these days...sometimes, I cannot totally blame hookers and those who take to anything to survive. Their parenthood is nothing to write home about. They've always been penury-stricken and could only do what they had to do to survive. These days, children now feed parents whilst still kids. And you'll see the fed father going to answer the morning roll-call in Nwanyi Ngwo shop, requesting for his fav kaikai and ice fish...only to return home to turn the house into WW3.

Why won't Angela do ashawo? Why Emeka no go push drugs? Why Gbenga no go defraud? Just to make the family proud? My foot!

I'm not supporting shady business but most fathers have failed!

At other times, the pressure that comes from members of the family and the emphasis that is put on the male child is the cause. It's not that wanting a son is inherently wrong, but that shouldn't be a reason to inflict suffering on someone else by expelling them. The vows of marriage are to be kept no matter what, even in the face of challenges until adultery or death do apart.

Last last, e fit bi say na you no fertile.

Any man who'd throw out his wife for not bearing a male child does not deserve to be fed by the female children.

That man, in fact, deserves to be abandoned forever.

If you throw out mum, even I as a male child will abandon you!

What rubbish.
Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by haphizz57(m): 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2023
How about the once that doesn't have anyone?

NwekeUG:
Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today - Nigerian Woman

A Nigerian lady, Uduak Victor, said her mother was thrown out by her father for not bearing a male child, IGBERETV reports.

Uduak disclosed this in a Facebook group, while commenting on a post about a mother of four girls, whose husband is threatening to marry a second wife if she doesn't give birth to a male child.

"Madam leave that thing and take care of ur treasures very well, my father that had the same mentality, threw my mum out but to God be the glory we the girls are the one feeding him today we were (5) female and we are all married, that y I love my mum very much." she wrote.

https://igberetvnews.com/1436919/dad-threw-mum-bearing-male-child-girls-feed-today-nigerian-woman/
Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Jan 18, 2023
Righthussle:
That's my problem with you guys. You remember you're African only when you want to do rubbish.

You don't bear African names, you don't practice African traditional religion, you hardly wear African designs but when whatever you want to do will hurt women you quickly remember you're African.

Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by adeniyi65(m): 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2023
Righthussle:
Why do Poor men always want sons that will represent them. Represent you for where? For gathering of poor men in that your small village ?

If you're a father reading this comment and you know you are poor or you try build two rooms and buy cabu cabu car, and you have beautiful daughters but you are not happy because you feel it is not good for a girl to represent you when you are dead and inherit your small property. na thunder go fire you and that your small property wey you dey find sons to come inherit.

If Queen Elizabeth go fit inherit her papa throne and represent the whole people of the United Kingdom, who you be wey woman no fit represent you? Or na that your land wey you buy Six hundred thousand naira and the two rooms wey you build wey no get fence your daughter no go fit inherit Abi?

For some people who think this madness is African culture. Na African culture go kill you. You remember you're African only when you want to do rubbish.

You don't bear African names, you don't practice African traditional religion, you hardly wear African designs, you call African masquerade devilish but when whatever you want to do will hurt women you quickly remember you're African.
Mo gbe fun e. My kudos to you.
Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by adeniyi65(m): 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2023
Thanksful:
Hunger has dealt with human so much that they have lost their minds.

A male child is not for feeding a family, is for protecting the name of a family.

Every child is important but only a male child can maintain the lineage of a family. The genetic code of a family is stored in the male child.
To heIl with genetic code. Who remember king James genetic code as you called it.who remember Aristotle lineage as of today. My brother, goodwill travels beyond lineage.

1 Like

Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by StrongAlphMale: 11:22pm On Jan 19, 2023
Righthussle:

That's my problem with you guys. You remember you're African only when you want to do rubbish.

You don't bear African names, you don't practice African traditional religion, you hardly wear African designs but when whatever you want to do will hurt women you quickly remember you're African.

Have you finished lamenting?

Oga this doesn't change the fact that an African man needs a male child to preserve his lineage.
Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by StrongAlphMale: 11:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
Esales:

Na that African culture gan gan keep Africa where Africa dey.
As conservative as the Indians and even the Chinese are, they've had Empresses and Sultans and powerful queens while Africans we're still roaming the bush naked.
Look at Europe, an elder daughter will inherit the throne of her father before a younger son but Africans can't even allow a girl inherit one foot of land. King Charles is living and enjoying his mother's wealth noth his father's. Infact, King Charles bears his mother's surname officially and unofficially, he bears his mother's surname and his father's surname.

It's the men that fixed exorbitant bride price for their fellow men, it's the women that get dragged for it.
It's the men that use the amount they spend on bae as bragging rights, it's the women that get dragged for it..

Let me end with this: Take all the Europeans and place them in Africa, take all the Africans and place in Europe, in 10years, Europe will be the Poverty capital of the world and Africa will become the blessed land.
The poverty follows Africans like a shadow because of these stupid mentality we refused to drop.

Who even told you that you're a biological son of the family whose lineage you're trying to continue grin, many of your ancestors were results of rape and due to the custom where the girl's parents adopt the child, you never know till today, yet you're killing yourself to continue lineage, killing yourself with tribalism, cursing the tribe that may be your true tribe and thereby cursing yourselves...

Unfortunately everything you just wrote didn't corresponde what the post nor with my comment
Re: "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today" by Myself2(m): 4:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Did you personally take care of them with your hands, apart from your money? If you think monetary contributions signify who cares more, then do what your sisters likely had to do via using their hands to take care of your parents. Anyone can get money and send it, big or small, but the ones who really take care of others are those who do it with their time and commitment, physically.

It's the reason many children remember their mothers and not their fathers. Because money is nothing.

Maybe because I was not around, hence it was more of monetary intervention on my part, but did you read the part I said the only person that ccame.close was the last son of the family ? That one used his hands, his heart and soul, mark you he is not the last born, the ladt born is a girl (woman now) but neither of my two sisters came close, whether monetarily or with their hands and heart. This is a real life example so there is nothing you have to tell me, no theories

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Welcomes First Child At 87 (Photos) / 16yrs After, Mum Secretly Flies To Nigeria To Surprise Daughter On Her Birthday / Sharon Aondona Daboh's Husband, David Kersha Fiase Seeks Divorce For Beating Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.