Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati (7826 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises / Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by forkadict(m): 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2011
remark D:

it was denied by the student? interesting, i had no idea, my opinion still stands though that that , if you have a suggestion, bring it forward - instead of empty criticisms 24-7. Fork adict, no, we dont need no rocket scientist, not even a history professor, we need fork adict! again thats why i'm saying, let's hear what you have/how to change things instead of criticising things being put in place,

I already told you that if you are resident in naija, then post the list of all the major problems facing us as a nation and i will act as Mr president by proferring solutions to all of them. so the ball now is squarely in your court. So Are you game? Cos i very much am.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by remarkD(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2011
sorry, i am not in Naija; so there's no game sad but i wouldn't mind still hearing what you have to say; and again you never know, somebody might see your suggestions and be able to implement it and make a difference, so fire on if you will!
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by forkadict(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2011
remark D:

sorry, i am not in Naija (1); so there's no game (2)sad but i wouldn't mind still hearing what you have to say; and again you never know, somebody might see your suggestions and be able to implement it and make a difference, so fire on if you will! (3)
(1) I knew all along that you were not based in naija from the way youve been talking since.
(2) Hell no there aint no game. What is the basis? The basic criterion on which the game was based was only if you were resident in naija which you are not. I am sure you will agree with me that since this fundamental criterion hasnt been met, then it will be fooooolish of us both to proceed with the game.

Whenever you visit a doctor, you tell him what symptoms you feel and he in turn prescribes drugs that will make you feel better. You dont go to a doctor expecting him to tell you how you feel and to also prescribe drugs for you. Same applies here. You are the patient. You are to tell methe major problems confronting you as a nigerian resident in nigeria while i am the doctor that will proffer solutions to your problems.

(3) Hell no i wont fire nada!

But i admire your sincerity tho. Many people would have lied just to save their faces.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
remark D:

it was denied by the student? interesting, i had no idea, my opinion still stands though that that , if you have a suggestion, bring it forward - instead of empty criticisms 24-7. Fork adict, no, we dont need no rocket scientist, not even a history professor, we need fork adict! again thats why i'm saying, let's hear what you have/how to change things instead of criticising things being put in place,

The problem here is we get a lot of people like you who are not even informed on what has already been done/tried, coming in to PONTIFICATE. If you have ever actually used that facebook page, you would have realized that the page ONLY seems to allow only that which GLORIFIES Jonathan to be posted on there. Go back and take some time to read through the comments on there, compare them to the anger you have seen exists, especially here on Nairaland, to get a hint at least.

Also, @Texazzpete is right to tell you to shut it. PROF-ERRING solutions to problems is NOT the job of critics, or analysts. You should have asked Jonathan Goodluck that question before you hired him. Since you already handed him the job on a platter, what are you doing harassing ordinary citizens with claims that they ought to provide solutions for a problem you already hired someone else to do? What benefit is there in pro-ferring solutions to problems you have already given another your vote of confidence on(assuming you selected his solution instead).
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by splitnaija(m): 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2011
remark D:

sorry, i am not in Naija

You see why you shouldn't be in a hurry to defend GEJ? We are living in Naija, we are wearing the shoe, and we know where it pinches! Even if given a free return ticket, I doubt if you will come down to naija going by all the negative things happening in Nigeria at the moment. But we are here against all odds screaming and trying to get those in authority to be on their toes so this nation doesn't collapse and yet you're there attacking people on ground who are giving you firsthand information. I don't think you love GEJ more than anyone here (I can speak for myself at least) but that doesn't mean we shouldn't call a spade a spade.

For the avoidance of doubt, GEJ has not achieved anything so far. He needs to sit up, be bold and be a man of his own.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by remarkD(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2011
why should i defend GEJ if his action has no personal impact on me?As an unbiased human being, all i want to do is judge him fairly, hence why i said, please show or tell me what you (fork adict) suggests GEJ could have done for each of the things Abati said, and some people butt in running their mouths like tap water, saying things like i should ask GEJ(?) (doesn't even make sense) or i should come up with a rebottle etc , if i want to see things objectively and ask for people to be constructive with their criticism, i dunno why whether i'm in the country or not should matter, or why i should be told to shut it, but this is nairaland, and i'm dealing with nigerians, unfortunately.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by remarkD(m): 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2011
splitnaija, i was not attacking anyone, dunno how you could deduce that from my original post to the last, i do wanna know what's going on, but dont want it to be one-sided; there is too much negativity on nairaland; which is why all i've said is that i'd like to see some constructive criticism. I quit, cause i can't say it any clearer.

Peace.

P.S. Goodluck in Nigeria. intending no (old) pun,
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by hercules07: 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2011
See achievements oooooooooooooooo, naija don better, I do not know where you guys live o, but in my area light is on 25 hours out of 24, water is running well, infact we are living in paradise, carry go , uncle Jona, we nefa see anything, we still have 3 years and some change to go.
Abati is a chameleon, he took land from Yar Adua so I am not surprised.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2011
remark D:

why should i defend GEJ if his action has no personal impact on me?As an unbiased human being, all i want to do is judge him fairly, hence why i said, please show or tell me what you (fork adict) suggests GEJ could have done for each of the things  Abati said,  and    some people butt  in running   their mouths like tap water, saying things like i should ask GEJ(?)  (doesn't even make sense) or i should come up with a rebottle etc ,    if i want to see things objectively and ask for people to be constructive with their criticism, i dunno why whether i'm in the country or not should matter, or why i should be told to shut it,  but this is nairaland, and i'm dealing with nigerians, unfortunately.

Maybe that is the problem(Not to refer to the part about defending him above). If you are a Nigerian, his actions [size=14pt]SHOULD [/size]HAVE A PERSONAL IMPACT ON YOU. The decisions made by the president is supposed to impact the lives of Nigerians, but at home and abroad. That it is not[size=14pt] IS A BIG PROBLEM[/size]. Now please shut it! See, I am asking nicely too grin grin grin grin grin!
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by nolongTing: 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2011
[size=21pt]"It Takes Idiots To Be Ruled By Fools"[/size][size=15pt] - Tunde Bakare. [/size]
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by okadaman2: 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2011
remark D:

why should i defend GEJ if his action has no personal impact on me?As an unbiased human being, all i want to do is judge him fairly, hence why i said.

You are so young grin

Anyway let me give you a few reasons why some defend Jonathan (yes even when they don't physically live in Naija and are therefore automatically "unbiased" lol

Thank me later.

1. Their Daddy works for him.

2. They heard he's from the same village as their mummy.

3. Their Daddy is a corrupt PDP looter or contractor and he pays their School fees abroad. (I heard foreign student tuition is expensive)

4. Similar to (1) and (2): Their Boyfriend or Aristo is a PDP or GEJ insider (aide) and he takes them on Paris shopping every month. He also bought their BB.

5. They used to have corrupt family members in government who stole to the max, so they know how it feels, just call it "guilt induced empathy"

6. They actually believe leaders are appointed by God, therefore infallible.

7. They were born naive and dumb plus they really enjoy oppression. (can't blame them for being "natural" )

8. Related to (5): They hope to get to power one day and do nothing but steal public funds and share the loot with their cronies.

9. They are actually stvpid enough to think GEJ won fairly.

10. Like me, they are just bored and felt the need to type and troll.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by collyke: 6:37am On Sep 08, 2011
Hmmmmmmmm. God help us.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by Omooba77: 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2011
Things may not be as we want,but things are improving. Express way is being fixed,light is improving. On election if PDP rigged,CPC rigged,maimed and killed.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by chines4(m): 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
nolongTing:

[size=21pt]"It Takes Idiots To Be Ruled By Fools"[/size][size=15pt] - Tunde Bakare. [/size]

And he is the 1diot that wanted to be a fool, but failed and is still an 1diot. Ppl should mind their utterances
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by efisher(m): 8:06pm On Sep 08, 2011
^ Lol. That was intelligently funny!
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2011
chines4:

And he is the 1diot that wanted to be a fool, but failed and is still an 1diot. Ppl should mind their utterances

Are you implying that for trying to run for office, he was wanting to become a fool? How come?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by Demdem(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2011
chines4:

Actually u are among the Idiots that decided to vote for a Fool (that has no accomplishments we can think of) despite repeated warnings. We all are witnesses to all what is presently going on.
bakare's statement is in order IMO.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by chines4(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Are you implying that for trying to run for office, he was wanting to become a fool? How come??  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
What do you think?, I just feel that statement is insulting.

Demdem:

Actually u are among the Idiots that decided to vote for a Fool (that has no accomplishments we can think of) despite repeated warnings. We all are witnesses to all what is presently going on.
bakare's statement is in order IMO.
And I want to believe that your not a Nigerian, But if your, it mean that your an 1diot since your ruled by a fool( I didn't say that, Bakare did)
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2011
chines4:

Oh, I see!! You were not trying to make sense at all -you were simply providing some sentimental retort because you felt insulted in some way.

Well, I just wanted to know if you really thought through your response there but now I know you probably didn't. Never heard or read anywhere that running for public office makes one a fool, and that failure at it makes one an idiot.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by chines4(m): 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Oh, I see!! You were not trying to make sense at all -you were simply providing some sentimental retort because you felt insulted in some way.

Well, I just wanted to know if you really thought through your response there but now I know you probably didn't. Never heard or read anywhere that running for public office makes one a fool, and that failure at it makes one an .

And I have not heard anywhere that losing an election, makes the winner a fool and the voters 1diots.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by Kobojunkie: 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2011
chines4:

And I have not heard anywhere that losing an election, makes the winner a fool and the voters 1diots.

You probably need to read his reasons for disclosing that Nigerians have to be idiots to allow the same set of fools rule them for so long then. It had nothing to do with the election but more to do with the fact that we keep ENDORSING the same old criminals and crooks who have pillaged us in the past, always expecting transformation of some kind each time we do that.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by chines4(m): 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You probably need to read his reasons for disclosing that Nigerians have to be idiots to allow the same set of fools rule them for so long then. It had nothing to do with the election but more to do with the fact that we keep ENDORSING the same old criminals and crooks who have pillaged us in the past, always expecting transformation of some kind each time we do that.
I'm not endorsing any govt. yes GEJ may not be the messiah that Nigerians need. But why call us names?, He can state his point without calling Nigerians 1diots, that just what I don't like. Beside is he a saint?
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by 9ijaMan: 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2011
If Abati could be so bold to list such jargon as achievements, I guess Pastor Bakare was right afterall for stating that Nigerians are Idiots. Indeed the average Nigerian is an idiot if such stupidity displayed by Abati can be considered as anything but pure garbage.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by Demdem(m): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2011
chines4:

And I want to believe that your not a Nigerian, But if your, it mean that your an 1diot since your ruled by a fool( I didn't say that, Bakare did)

Well, to those of us who had envisage this failure called GEJ before the elections especially will not see the statement insulting (instead the truth) but those who still went ahead to vote GEJ and not PDP. I guess u fall in that latter category.
ndo, all will be well. just endure these 3+ yrs for now and hopefully u would have learnt ur lessons and u wont repeat ur mistakes again.
Re: 100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2011
chines4:

I'm not endorsing any govt. yes GEJ may not be the messiah that Nigerians need. But why call us names?, He can state his point without calling Nigerians 1diots, that just what I don't like. Beside is he a saint?

You don't have to endorse any govt to get the meaning of what is said here. This is not an issue of messiahs either. The fact is Nigeria remains a country where the masses continually ALLOW the same OLD NONSENSE in the name of progress. It is that simple and factual! Denying it is actually bolstering the argument of Nigerians really being idiots who allow fools as the evidence is OVERWHELMING at this point that this is just what continues to happen.

Even those who cried out against this, but did not go out to stand against are are part of the problem. Instead of feeling insulted, it would behoove you and I to accept our mistakes and work towards ensuring it does not happen again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Killing Of My 3 Sons Planned By GEJ—Nigeria’s Shiite Leader, Sheikh El-ZakZaky / World Remembers Nelson Mandela Today. / Court Dismisses Certificate Forgery Suit Against Andy Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.