Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? (33465 Views)

Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? / Can Marriage To A Beautiful Woman Keep A Man From Philandering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by happy4eva: 6:50am On Sep 06, 2011
Is It Right For Married Woman To Keep Intouch With Her Ex-bf When She Is Married

I'm married with a kid and right now my wife is pregnant with the second child. We have been having issues and it was so hot sometimes june that she move out of the house to her parents and we been separated ever since. But on daily bases i go there to see my daughter once or twice daily.

The truth is she foundout i was having an affair sometimes last year and i did confess it all to her and promise to stay clear of it which sincerely i did. But ever since then she have made it her refer point each time my phone rings at home or she called and i missed her call, she always conclude that she was either the one calling me or i was with her that was why i did pick her calls.

But sincerely even severally i have caught her talking to her ex bf on the phone and i asked if it was right for a woman to keep talking to her ex- bfs on the phone while she is married?
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by werepeLeri: 7:26am On Sep 06, 2011
My response is based on your question and not on you cheating previously.

The answer is a capital NO. It is not right - if I have a woman who still keeps in touch with her ex - she will never be a choice for a partner - she will never be serious with you. If u tell her and she agrees to keep off communications - then, she is indeed sorry, but if she argues and rants that she is only talking to him, then she is not sorry and may be on the way to cheating on you.

However, is she doing that as a pay back for the fact that you cheated once?
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by MMM2(m): 7:28am On Sep 06, 2011
yes
in case of emergency
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by happy4eva: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2011
Right after our wedding i noticed she was still talking with her ex and i challenged her but she claim it was the guy who was still calling her and i told to tell him to back off if truly she is not interested, i even have to get her a new line but to my surprise she still doing same thing and even when we have issues at home , she call him to tell him everything,

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by werepeLeri: 8:56am On Sep 06, 2011
She might cheat on u.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by Nayah(f): 9:00am On Sep 06, 2011
Hi poster, honestly I would say technically yes because this is not because you're done with your ex that this is now war, but in the facts this could be a temptation and the most important: it can upset your husband, so I think I would cut if this had consequences on my family life

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by chines4(m): 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2011
Well u'r relationship is kind of complicated. One you don't admit cheating on your wife, never ever. Even if your caught pant down. Why did she break up with her ex, maybe she is not u'r best friend, as in you don't communicate well. She may need someone to talk to, or someone that listens to her. My wife ex's still calls her, and I don't get bothered, after all she had the chance of marrying them, but she married me. Beside I trust my wife

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by teemon: 1:09am On Sep 07, 2011
If the married woman can stand her husband too keeping his unmarried Ex then no wahala o!

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by HISchild: 1:40am On Sep 07, 2011
humbly, yet very assertively,

neither one of you has any business even looking at another person lustfully, not to mention engaging in inappropriate conversation, which often leads to temptation, and then more sin and problems, steer clear, both.

Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.” - Hebrews 13:4

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." - Matthew 5:28

"And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:" - Mark 9:47
----------------------
I strongly suggest that you read the holy Bible and pray together, as often as possible

Proverbs 18:22
"Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD."

Ephesians 5:21-26
"Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,"

Colossians 3:18-20
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them. Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. "

1 Peter 3:1-4
"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."

Matthew 19:6
"Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. "

Malachi 2:16
"For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously. " [putting away is divorce, The LORD hates it]

"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." - Hebrews 13:4

"But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away." - Proverbs 6: 32-33

"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body." - 1 Corinthians 6:18

1 Corinthians 7
"[b]Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace. For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?[/b]"
----
Proverbs 5:17-19
"Let them be only thine own, and not strangers' with thee. Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her bosoms satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love."

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by ShipIt(m): 2:32am On Sep 07, 2011
the answer is NO, wether you cheated or not, she shouldn't be talking to any ex, I don't care how much of a friend or confidant he is, As for you, be sharper next time.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by hannydarl(f): 2:49am On Sep 07, 2011
man cheats they all say, be sharp be wise do it but dont get caught on the other hand, woman talk to ex they say, hell no she has committed abomination dont go near her she isnt your best friend lol. men sef.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by Ybutterfly: 2:51am On Sep 07, 2011
Hell no, for what? is she looking for trouble or a divorce or is she just SLOW in the brain
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by hulk003: 2:58am On Sep 07, 2011
CAPITAL NO
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by God2man(m): 3:46am On Sep 07, 2011
Your marriage need serious deliverance prayer before things get out of hand. Go for counselling . Pray to God to help you. Your wife need help. The "ex" could be a spirit husband who is bent on destroying the marriage. You need hot prayer fast, fast. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by seedord247(m): 4:15am On Sep 07, 2011
YES if you cheat on Her but Sincere NO if you did not

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by splashbaby(m): 5:03am On Sep 07, 2011
My brother, you are the man of the house, you should be making the rules and breaking it at will yes, most experienced man knows what I'm talking about. From your comments, it appears like you've surrender your home to the manipulation of your wife or some outside influences, she will definitely use anything in her arsenal to get back at you, sleeping with her ex may even be one of the options, The problem is not even the calls, the problem is that you've lost the home as a husband. I will advice you retrace your steps, and look at the areas where things have really gone wrong, may be the foundation itself, They are certain things you are not doing right. Cheating on your wife is not a serious crime that should stick on you for too long. Weren't you aware of the Bill Clinton's saga, because he's the man of the house, he can manage to move on, everybody will be in a rush to forgive him, So if your wife is not in a rush to forgive you then you've been playing to much into her hands, I will advice you should try to ignite the marriage by working more on yourself. Make sure you look your best at all time when visiting her, you can even try to exaggerate your looks with sweet shavings, perfumes etc, Appear differently everyday,, pump up your ego by testing your masculinity with some chics higher than your wife (do not cheat again, this is just to lift your spirit), to be sure that you are still capable of great tidings, Do not go to you wife feeling too sorry for all the troubles affecting the marriage, apply wisdom and Pretend at times as if you've moved on, remember no pants down this time around, Women are very sensitive, when she noticed that you are becoming very attractive every day, she will feel in-secure, this is all that you need, recapture her like the days you were courting, dictate the pace of the marriage, and never make the house boring again. Women are like birds, they perch on trees with leaves, and when leaves dry up and the winds comes on heavily, they fly away. Correct all other things you did not mention here. Remember never let a quarrel last a second day. Good luck

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by dayokanu(m): 5:15am On Sep 07, 2011
Yes in case of incasity
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by itiswell1(m): 6:25am On Sep 07, 2011
teemon:

If the married woman can stand her husband too keeping his unmarried Ex then no wahala o!

Gbam
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by nassiwa: 6:57am On Sep 07, 2011
It seems she confides more in her ex than in you. Talk to her and let her know that you are not OK with it.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by splitnaija(m): 7:52am On Sep 07, 2011
splashbaby:

Cheating on your wife is not a serious crime that should stick on you for too long.

I totally agree with comment above.
No matter the offence, apologize to your wife if you're really sorry and step back into your shoes immediately as the Commander-in-Chief of the house. Don't be sorry all your life such that you don't have the guts to act even when you see her going astray. And please next time, never ever admit to cheating on your wife! Even if caught red-handed, deny everything and everybody around including the mistress. Mistresses will always understand and if she isn't the understanding type, get a replacement. It's as simple as that!  Just be the man that you are always!

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by Ecarban: 8:24am On Sep 07, 2011
All lies on understanding between the husband and the wife. If the ex calls to know how the wife is doing it's no big deal cos Love once existed between them. The wife can even make the ex send regards also to the husband. But the calls should be occasional, when it becomes too much temptations can have its way.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by Demdem(m): 8:28am On Sep 07, 2011
chines4:

Well u'r relationship is kind of complicated. One you don't admit cheating on your wife, never ever. Even if your caught pant down. Why did she break up with her ex, maybe she is not u'r best friend, as in you don't communicate well. She may need someone to talk to, or someone that listens to her. My wife ex's still calls her, and I don't get bothered, after all she had the chance of marrying them, but she married me. Beside I trust my wife

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by showstopa: 8:55am On Sep 07, 2011
If all men thought they way you on this page though,hell is surely going to be full. Cheating is not a serious crime huh? God forgive you all.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by splitnaija(m): 9:08am On Sep 07, 2011
showstopa:

If all men thought they way you on this page though,hell is surely going to be full. Cheating is not a serious crime huh? God forgive you all.

Granted it's a serious crime as you're making it to sound, should the man remain sorry for the rest of his life even after confessing and apologizing? What is the wife trying to prove by getting involved with her ex even to her husband's face?
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by showstopa: 9:22am On Sep 07, 2011
@splitnaija
I wasnt even responding to the issue at hand, I got carried away by everybody saying he didnt do anything wrong and therein my answer.
As for his wife and her ex, I would truly think that anybody with some sense would at least want to keep his/her marriage together, so y people do some things really is beyond me.But seeing as I am not married,I really may not understand y some things happen,not jut this one oh. My married friends always say, when you marry you'll understand.

I bind them, but then truly if marriage is such misery,y is evrybody still jumping on board that ship angry

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by abbyode(m): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2011
You may have to do DNA to confirm the true owner of those kids. She doesnt have any excuse talking to her ex.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by splashbaby(m): 9:37am On Sep 07, 2011
Lest I forget, Try and make God the pillar of your home, it is very essential, just try even if you might "cheat", Temptation is all over the place. Get your wife busy with church matters,they like it, perhaps her prayers could even be a source of joy for you both, no one can really say. Believe me! This is an honest opinion from a trusted heart. Most people condemning cheating are hypocrites, Are we not aware that more than 95% of our ladies in the university sleeps around for money, it is a known facts, So potential wives are former "Prostitutes Part time" apology, Some may change and some may not. It depends on the man that is husband-ing them, So when men cheat, it appears even natural, though sinful to God, Anyway, we have been creating or modifying God's laws this days with so many false doctrine. Very soon the truth will be very strange, But my brother be forthright get your wife back and listen not to hypocrites, By cheating you have not killed anybody.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by queenesthr(f): 10:29am On Sep 07, 2011
Definitely. Most husbands cannot give a woman all she needs - emotionally, financially and otherwise.

Some husbands cannot even get their wives pregnant!

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by ftadream: 10:33am On Sep 07, 2011
It sounds interesting to hear all this from different posters,well to me if that could be an issue in a relationship you just have
to do away with it and stay away,and keep your home going otherwise calling your EX a times is no wrong doing,not because it did not work out
between the two of you so total stand off in all genuine and godly social aspect.
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by antonion(m): 11:22am On Sep 07, 2011
let us be realistics , you ARE NOT WITH HIM FOR A REASON I DON'T SEE ANY REASON WHY SHOULD YOU RUIN WHAT YOU HAVE CURRENTLY FOR SOME LAUNDRY FROM THE PAST,

WE MUST NEVER DWELL ON THE PAST COS OUR PAST MAKES US WHO WE ARE TODAY,ITS MY PERSONAL OPINION
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by allboyz(m): 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2011
if the EX is her Boss? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Yes and No but largely Yez pending on her discipline!! #FIDELITY/TRUST/COMITMENT
Re: Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? by showstopa: 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2011
@splashbaby, ur mathematics is from where

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lucky Cow 'Bless' Pregnant Women With Baby Boys / Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones / Recession: Abuja Couples Sell Wedding Rings To Feed..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.