Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration (1213 Views)

2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration / My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating / 7 Reasons Why Car Jerks When Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by zamanii: 4:07am On Jan 18, 2023
Good morning. I recently but my first car, a Corolla 2008/2009. Since buying the car as a Nigerian used, I've fixed quite a number of things including the AC, all plugs, ball joints, shock absorber, new set of tires and some other minor repairs.

Recently I noticed the car jerks briefly before returning to normal when I'm trying to accelerate. This issue began with when I put on the AC and is now happening even without the AC being on. Took the car to my mechanic and he said the fuel pump was bad. We changed the fuel pump and another issue arose, the fuel gauge is not reading properly. Yet, the car still jerks during acceleration. Now he's saying the issue may be from the plugs (recall that I changed all the plugs recently). At this point, I think he just wants to do trial and error and I don't want that with the car. He's supposed to fix the fuel gauge today.

Please I need advice on what could be causing the jerk during acceleration.
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by boldx(m): 4:13am On Jan 18, 2023
Scan the car. I can do it for you in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by zamanii: 6:51am On Jan 18, 2023
boldx:
Scan the car. I can do it for you in Abuja.

What’s your address and contact
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by neonly: 8:19am On Jan 18, 2023
Guy Na d fuel pump or injector problems
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by zamanii: 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2023
neonly:
It has been changed but the issue still remains
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by adonisgold: 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2023
Engine seat may be loose
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by boldx(m): 5:38pm On Jan 18, 2023
zamanii:

What’s your address and contact
Kubwa 08034533668
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by easytig(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2023
OGA , enter jiji buy scanner and scan your car.stop doing treatment before diagnosis haba

1 Like

Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by Angrygoat: 3:05am On Jan 19, 2023
Go back to the idiot. They sold fake fuel pump give u. Car jerking. Engine is gradually going
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by Dozieson(m): 4:56am On Jan 19, 2023
neonly:

Not true.

Don't repair anything again until you scan that car. You can get a Bluetooth scanner on Jiji for 7k and below. It is very easy to use
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by Demor1: 11:27am On Jan 21, 2023
zamanii:
Good morning. I recently but my first car, a Corolla 2008/2009. Since buying the car as a Nigerian used, I've fixed quite a number of things including the AC, all plugs, ball joints, shock absorber, new set of tires and some other minor repairs.

Recently I noticed the car jerks briefly before returning to normal when I'm trying to accelerate. This issue began with when I put on the AC and is now happening even without the AC being on. Took the car to my mechanic and he said the fuel pump was bad. We changed the fuel pump and another issue arose, the fuel gauge is not reading properly. Yet, the car still jerks during acceleration. Now he's saying the issue may be from the plugs (recall that I changed all the plugs recently). At this point, I think he just wants to do trial and error and I don't want that with the car. He's supposed to fix the fuel gauge today.

i was in your shoes sometime ago, mechanic initially suggest low fuel pressure then the fuel pump was changed and the jerking persist.

he later said it must be from the plugs probably theyre weak which we changed and still same jerking

someone later refer me to one mechanic that hes been using him for years without complain so when the guy accessed the car he said its from a throttle sensor somewhere below the timing belt area which he fix in my present and the car started moving without glitch
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by zamanii: 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2023
Demor1:

i was in your shoes sometime ago, mechanic initially suggest low fuel pressure then the fuel pump was changed and the jerking persist.

he later said it must be from the plugs probably theyre weak which we changed and still same jerking

someone later refer me to one mechanic that hes been using him for years without complain so when the guy accessed the car he said its from a throttle sensor somewhere below the timing belt area which he fix in my present and the car started moving without glitch

Is the mechanic in Abuja?
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by Dumas32(m): 5:30pm On Jan 23, 2023
Demor1:

Are you in Lagos can you share the mechanic ?
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by Daeyou(m): 9:53am On Jan 26, 2023
zamanii:

Bro it’s wiring issue I’ve experienced the same with my Rx330, it can be fuel pump too but you’ll need to complain to a Rewire if it’s the same after you change fuel pump.
Re: Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration by bluedefender: 10:13am On Jan 26, 2023
So sad

What most mechanics are doing na trial and error

You will buy parts that has nothing to do with rhe problem your car is facing.

(1) (Reply)

Best Breakpads For All Types Of Cars Plus It Very Affordable Too. / Lets Talk About Car Airfreshners / Choice Of An Auto Diagnostic Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.