Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,097 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration (1239 Views)

Help! My Corolla Jerks During Acceleration / My Corolla Vibrates On Quick Acceleration / My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Kenosky1: 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
My 2009 Camry vibrates when accelerating and behaves as if the tyres are wobbling. I have 4 brand new tyres and have done alignment and wheel balancing on the car yet the problem persists. Please can someone advise on how to solve this problem.
Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Dozieson(m): 3:17am On Sep 29, 2023
Kenosky1:

My 2009 Camry vibrates when accelerating and behaves as if the tyres are wobbling. I have 4 brand new tyres and have done alignment and wheel balancing on the car yet the problem persists. Please can someone advise on how to solve this problem.

Now this is a very delicate matter.

Your inner cup/CV joint is bad. But don't give it to anyhow mechanic for replacement otherwise, your gear may be damaged. The 13pin gear is sold around N400-600k.

I would advise you buy a brand new CV joint/inner cup instead of toks to avoid gear contamination. The work must be carried out in a clean environment and the mechanic hands should be clean as well

Please note that this a very delicate job. Dirt must not enter the gear.

2 Likes

Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by sultaan(m): 3:42am On Sep 29, 2023
Wrong mechanic, diagnosis.

Have your mechanic check the tie rod ends, wheel bearings, and control arms.

search for youtube videos on those parts for your car so you will understand.

Then take it to a mechanic to do those tests as you have seen in the youtube videos, then fix bad parts

1 Like

Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by jceesquare(m): 5:54am On Sep 29, 2023
Kenosky1:

You likely have a bad tie rod, steering rack not firmly fitted on the chassis, bad hub bearing, or bad arm bushings.
Take your car to your mechanic to physically inspect.

1 Like

Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Kenosky1: 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2023
Dozieson:

Your inner cup/CV joint is bad. But don't give it to anyhow mechanic for replacement otherwise, your gear may be damaged. The 13pin gear is sold around N400-600k.

I would advise you buy a brand new CV joint/inner cup instead of toks to avoid gear contamination. The work must be carried out in a clean environment and the mechanic hands should be clean as well

Thanks brother, I think this is the best advice to solve this problem as youtube suggested the same. The car was jacked up and the inner CV joints were actually making noise. Guy, you have experience on car repairs and maintenance.

6 Likes

Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Manuella4ace: 5:57pm On Sep 29, 2023
Kenosky1:

Thanks brother, I think this is the best advice to solve this problem as youtube suggested the same. The car was jacked up and the inner CV joints were actually making noise. Guy, you have experience on car repairs and maintenance.

I get joy when I see issue resolved.

2 Likes

Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Kenosky1: 9:16pm On Oct 02, 2023
Manuella4ace:

I got a very good mechanic who stayed in my house to carry out the repair work on my car. As you had advised, the environment is clean and I was involved to ensure no contamination on the constant velocity (CV) joint. The bearings were discovered to be bad while an inspection on the 'cup' showed no sign of dent or any damage.The bearings were replaced and my Camry drives very well with no single vibration. grin

Thanks once again for the support.

4 Likes

Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Kenosky1: 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2023
Manuella4ace:

See attached pictures above
Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Kenosky1: 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2023
Dozieson:

Still wondering what could have caused the CV joints to have malfunctioned.
Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Manuella4ace: 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Kenosky1:

I got a very good mechanic who stayed in my house to carry out the repair work on my car. As you had advised, the environment is clean and I was involved to ensure no contamination on the constant velocity (CV) joint. The bearings were discovered to be bad while an inspection on the 'cup' showed no sign of dent or any damage.The bearings were replaced and my Camry drives very well with no single vibration. grin

Thanks once again for the support.

Give the credit to dozieson, he profer the solution.
Thank you
Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Dozieson(m): 2:52am On Oct 03, 2023
Kenosky1:

Still wondering what could have caused the CV joints to have malfunctioned.

Think the grease dried up or lost its viscosity

2 Likes

Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Kenosky1: 9:35am On Oct 03, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Give the credit to dozieson, he profer the solution.
Thank you

Okay, read my write-up again?
Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Kenosky1: 9:36am On Oct 03, 2023
Dozieson:

Think the grease dried up or lost its viscosity

Exactly, thanks. also a tear on the protective rubber covering which was an opening for water ingress.
Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by melviniyke2002(m): 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2023
After d job go check alignment

1 Like

Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by Kenosky1: 6:34am On Oct 05, 2023
melviniyke2002:
After d job go check alignment

Thanks
Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by chukel(m): 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2023
Dozieson:

absolutely correct
Re: 2009 Toyota Camry Vibrates During Acceleration by tropaz(m): 11:56am On Oct 17, 2023
Check my profile for 2010 bought brandnew Camry sir...

(1) (Reply)

********* / Original Autel Maxitpms® TS401 TPMS Diagnostic Tool / My Solara V6 Coupe Consumes Too Much Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.