Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,857 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? (1520 Views)

Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? / Married Woman Disrupts Husband Secret Wedding, Brings Their Child To The Altar / Ghana: Family Reunites With 20-Year-Old Son Who Was Missing At Age 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hello everyone, my daughter turned two already and I’d love to enroll her in a school but my MIL is against such an idea… she was even authoritative about it. I didn’t respond but I just felt it is my decision to make not hers….

I don’t know if 2 years old is too early for school or my MIL may be right…
Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by peter0071(m): 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2023
age is always an important factor.... Though many other factors are also to be considered

1 Like

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by SocialJustice: 3:24pm On Jan 18, 2023
Where are you rushing the baby to?

2 Likes

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by JasonScoolari: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
She's your daughter and you definitely want the best for her.... Allow that girl to start early so she can finish on time.

Assuming Tinubu started early, he won't be looking for his certificate or the school he attended.

6 Likes

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Badabada(m): 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2023
Go ahead brother, you are on the right track.

1 Like

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Foodqueen(f): 5:25pm On Jan 18, 2023
If you are a stay home mom, u can still keep him till next term.

But if u are a working class, u will have to enroll him/her.

1 Like

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Nazgul: 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2023
Lamanii22:
Hello everyone, my daughter turned two already and I’d love to enroll her in a school but my MIL is against such an idea… she was even authoritative about it. I didn’t respond but I just felt it is my decision to make not hers….

2 years isn't early for a child to start mixing up with her mates. It boosts the child's confidence. But there's a possibility that your MIL is looking at it from a financial angle.

That child is just 2 and obviously cannot pronounce words and communicate effectively, so maybe according to her (your MIL) enrolling such child in KG would be a waste of her son's (your husband's) money in this harsh economy.

If you have the finances and you're willing to sort out the expenses of her schooling, I'm sure she (your MIL) would shift grounds. If you don't, please listen to her and wait until your daughter gets a little older.

4 Likes

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Aurelius1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2023
Enroll her if that's what you really want. Let her start from the play class / pre kg or whatever they call it.

3 Likes

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Nazgul:

2 years isn't early for a child to start mixing up with her mates. It boosts the child's confidence. But there's a possibility that your MIL is looking at it from a financial angle.

That child is just 2 and obviously cannot pronounce words and communicate effectively, so maybe according to her (your MIL) enrolling such child in KG would be a waste of her son's (your husband's) money in this harsh economy.

If you have the finances and you're willing to sort out the expenses of her schooling, I'm sure she (your MIL) would shift grounds. If you don't, please listen to her and wait until your daughter gets a little older.

Okay thank you I really appreciate your comment, I’m willing to sort the payment, the school is rather affordable and it’s close to our house… I just want her to start blending with other kids and learn more, it would also help her speech… plus we are expecting another baby soon and this pregnancy is not easy like my first…. So it’s really tiring, I can’t really teach her much, I only play coco melon for her… plus my toddler is too clingy, she rather be by my side than my mil…. This is why I need her to start school…

3 Likes

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Aurelius1:
Enroll her if that's what you really want. Let her start from the play class / pre kg or whatever they call it.
ohh okay thank you Aurelius

1 Like

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2023
Foodqueen:
If you are a stay home mom, u can still keep him till next term.

But if u are a working class, u will have to enroll him/her.
okay thank you
Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2023
Badabada:
Go ahead brother, you are on the right track.
thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 10:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
grin
JasonScoolari:
She's your daughter and you definitely want the best for her.... Allow that girl to start early so she can finish on time.

Assuming Tinubu started early, he won't be looking for his certificate or the school he attended.

grin grin savage though but thank you anyway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 10:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
peter0071:
age is always an important factor.... Though many other factors are also to be considered
okay thank you

1 Like

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Nazgul: 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2023
Lamanii22:

Okay thank you I really appreciate your comment, I’m willing to sort the payment, the school is rather affordable and it’s close to our house… I just want her to start blending with other kids and learn more, it would also help her speech… plus we are expecting another baby soon and this pregnancy is not easy like my first…. So it’s really tiring, I can’t really teach her much, I only play coco melon for her… plus my toddler is too clingy, she rather be by my side than my mil…. This is why I need her to start school…
Discuss it with your husband then, and try to convince him to see things from your own angle. Hopefully he'll accept. Once he does, your MIL wouldn't object anymore.
Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 11:34pm On Jan 18, 2023
Nazgul:

Discuss it with your husband then, and try to convince him to see things from your own angle. Hopefully he'll accept. Once he does, your MIL wouldn't object anymore.
okay hun… thank you very much… I would try to talk to him… I really appreciate you
Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by comtem2011: 9:02am On Jan 19, 2023
Lamanii22:

My daughter started pre-nursery at age 2. She's is going to 5yrs now, in nursery 2 (second term).

Same thing with her elder brother. He started at age 2 now is pry 3 going to 8yrs.

So your baby is not too small to start. Catch them young.

2 Likes

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by DontBullshitMe: 11:25am On Jan 19, 2023
These are the issues I have with Nigerian parents. You all don't even love your children as much as you claim. The only reason you give birth to them in the first place is to serve as your companion and retirement plans. There is no genuine love involved. It's not always about the child(ren). It's always about you! Imagine trying to ship a two year old baby to school so you the mother can be free of the baby's clinginess. After all, you are already pregnant again.

A baby that can barely speak nor express her thoughts, you want to put her under a teacher's care especially in a country like Nigeria where this teacher in question is definitely not a professional.

SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
comtem2011:
My daughter started pre-nursery at age 2. She's is going to 5yrs now, in nursery 2 (second term).

Same thing with her elder brother. He started at age 2 now is pry 3 going to 8yrs.

So your baby is not too small to start. Catch them young.
okay ma, thank you ma

1 Like

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 1:39pm On Jan 19, 2023
DontBullshitMe:
These are the issues I have with Nigerian parents. You all don't even love your children as much as you claim. The only reason you give birth to them in the first place is to serve as your companion and retirement plans. There is no genuine love involved. It's not always about the child(ren). It's always about you! Imagine trying to ship a two year old baby to school so you the mother can be free of the baby's clinginess. After all, you are already pregnant again.

A baby that can barely speak nor express her thoughts, you want to put her under a teacher's care especially in a country like Nigeria where this teacher in question is definitely not a professional.

SMH.
I guess you have more issues with Nigeria itself…. I love my child and I want the best for her…

2 Likes

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by frozen70(f): 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
Lamanii22:

That's the best age for prenursery and or kg class

2 Likes

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by wunmi590(m): 9:40am On Jan 22, 2023
😀

@lamanii22

There's nothing bad if your daughter start early, as long as you have the money to spend...

My daughter has been in school right from 3month, as her mum work as the head of admin in a private school, by the time she was 1year and half, we don register her for KG, she's 2years 1month now and her learning rate is very very fast....

Please if you can afford it go ahead and it makes her to know how to mingle with other kids

2 Likes

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Jesslove(f): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2023
I think there is play group, prep 1 and 2 before kg 1. A child of 2 will start from prep 1 and if the child is good will skip prep 2 and move to Kg 1@ 3
Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2023
wunmi590:
😀

@lamanii22

There's nothing bad if your daughter start early, as long as you have the money to spend...

My daughter has been in school right from 3month, as her mum work as the head of admin in a private school, by the time she was 1year and half, we don register her for KG, she's 2years 1month now and her learning rate is very very fast....

Please if you can afford it go ahead and it makes her to know how to mingle with other kids
oh wow this is really beautiful….. my husband didn’t agree with me on this matter though and I don’t want to argue with him, we would register her later in the year…. I would try to Teach her few things while she’s home…
Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by wunmi590(m): 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2023
Lamanii22:
oh wow this is really beautiful….. my husband didn’t agree with me on this matter though and I don’t want to argue with him, we would register her later in the year…. I would try to Teach her few things while she’s home…

Please go ahead with what your husband said, and you can keep teaching her at home.

Most importantly too, to make work more easier for you, get your daughter educational tab and load it with education app, to make learning easy even when you are busy to teach her

1 Like

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
wunmi590:

Please go ahead with what your husband said, and you can keep teaching her at home.

Most importantly too, to make work more easier for you, get your daughter educational tab and load it with education app, to make learning easy even when you are busy to teach her
oh okay ma, thank you so much I really appreciate you ma…
Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by wunmi590(m): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2023
Lamanii22:
oh okay ma, thank you so much I really appreciate you ma…

You are welcome..

BTW: I'm a man

1 Like

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lamanii22(f): 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2023
wunmi590:

You are welcome..

BTW: I'm a man
oh pardon me sir cool
Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Lanretoye(m): 7:26am On Feb 01, 2023
Pls people that don't have kids yet should skip this thread.my son started the KG last year and as a matter of fact,it was my gift for his 2year birthday.by then he can tell almost his basic needs,like he wants to eat or when he is pressed or not comfortable.he can communicate reasonably and you can understand him.i also evaluate his progress since last September that he enrolled and I see he is not doing bad,trying with letters (A-Z) and sounds,figures(1-20) and rhymes.
There is nothing wrong in preparing our kids early enough but we have to evaluate them properly to know if they can cope.i started with creche since he was 1 and he was already used to leaving the home and mixing with other kids before 2years so he never had issues going to the school.
Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by deife(m): 9:11am On Feb 20
Lamanii22:

Please beware of Coco Melon. It can be addictive and affect your child's cognition.

1 Like

Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Ombre(m): 11:02am On Feb 20
deife:

Please beware of Coco Melon. It can be addictive and affect your child's cognition.

Good morning, expatiate please.
Re: Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:04pm On Feb 20
It's already a bit late according to today's educational standards. Most beginners are usually 1 plus. So by the time they get to kg 2 they are 2 and can grip pencils very well and start writing easily as all the pixer grip exercise
in kg will have helped firm their pencil grip.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quarter Of Parents Avoid Disciplining Their Children For Fear Of Upsetting Them. / Whats The Differnce Between A Father And A Dad. / Some Parents Are Heartless, How Can You Do This To Your Own Flesh And Blood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.