Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally (2763 Views)

Wike, G5 Govs Embarrassed As Crowd Chant "Atiku" At Ibadan Rally (More Videos) / Yahaya Bello, Moghalu, Lead Atiku & Others In Silverbird Tv Presidential Polls / Banbangida Aliyu & Abdullahi Maibasira Lead Atiku & Nasko Campaign In Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by aninibinladen: 10:53pm On Jan 18, 2023
Oyo, Ibadan - Emerging reports have confirmed that Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde will be leading the presidential campaign rally of Atiku Abubakar in Ibadan. In what seems like a shocking development, Governor Makinde who is a member of the G-5 governors clique led by Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has been in a serious feud with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) flagbearer.

As reported by the Nigerian Tribune, ex-deputy governor of Oyo state, Hazeem Gbolarumi who is a staunch rival of the incumbent will also be present at the upcoming presidential rally.

It was gathered that all the candidates of the party at all levels will be formally presented at the occasion. Governor Makinde who is the youth leader of the G-5 Forum has always insisted that right things must be done for the party to reclaim its right of place at the national level, especially in the area of strict adherence to the principle of zoning.

His stance has led to factionalization of the state chapter of the party, as other chieftains of the party in their argument submitted that it is only the NEC of the party that has power to remove the national chairman, Iyorcha Ayu not Atiku.

However, with the present development, normalcy has returned to the party, as all the factions have agreed to put aside their differences and work for the common goals of the party at all levels.

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/politics/1515092-pdp-crisis-makinde-u-turn-dumps-wike-agrees-lead-atikus-ibadan-rally/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Think9ja(m): 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2023
kiss
Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Generation1: 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2023
Fake news…..

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by BossGerald: 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2023
Tinupoo is in trouble in his own backyard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by aninibinladen: 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2023

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Jostoman: 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2023
Ok
Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Shikini: 11:11pm On Jan 18, 2023
The earlier the better
Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by aninibinladen: 11:16pm On Jan 18, 2023
The G5 Governors had no end game and Atiku under the PDP constitution never had the power to remove Ayu. Wike is a sore loser.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by masinga07(m): 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2023
Makinde has done the right thing. He has nothing to gain by not supporting the presidential candidate of his party.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Kyase(m): 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2023
BossGerald:
Tinupoo is in trouble in his own backyard

The hypocrisy of this "Andrew liver salt party " supporters

These guys will rather have a Fulani man win that see a Yoruba person in aso rock

I no blame una sha
Na those woke yorubas I blame

The north will give Tinubu the required votes, it's left for Tinubu and his people in the south west

If Tinubu no win this election, before the yourbas will see a VP talk less of president it will take them another 28+ years

Make una dey play

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by DrAkpamudehe: 12:21am On Jan 19, 2023
Generation1:
Fake news…..

Everything is fake to you, including yourself

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by adioolayi(m): 1:16am On Jan 19, 2023
24hours is a longtime in politics...

Every support Atiku and PDP can get now is never too late...

But, how sincere and committed can we say any of the G-5 Governors can be to Atiku's course

Can they be committed to deeply involve and mobilise resources for Atiku's campaign ....I don't see that happening.

I see more of a smokescreen resolution, just to close ranks with the State PDP and not necessarily for Atiku per se.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by adioolayi(m): 1:26am On Jan 19, 2023
aninibinladen:
The G5 Governors had no end game and Atiku under the PDP constitution never had the power to remove Ayu. Wike is a sore loser.

You may think it's a stalemate...I don't think so.

I think PDP/Atiku's Presidential chances have been bruised and will suffer a bloody nose at those States being controlled by the G-5 because, the Governors will not mobilise necessary support for Atiku.

I agree, Atiku will still benefit from the Senators and House of representatives PDP's candidates efforts to winning their respective elections, since the election is on the same day...but, it can't be like getting the full backing of the Governors.

Out of the G-5 Governors, only Seyi Makinde seems not to be in control of the entire PDP structure in his state, because, he has some veteran PDP Politicians he cannot dictate for, like Wole Oyelese, Akinjide and the likes. These veterans are for Atiku, so, he just have to close ranks with them, especially because of his own Second Term elections.

Nigeria's politics is full of surprises...Let's wait and see how things play out.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by optionalY09: 1:28am On Jan 19, 2023
You dare not distort yourself Makinde
Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by press9jatv: 2:31am On Jan 19, 2023
Lol so makinde has got his sense back. We will see if he finally show up today lol. Atiku Abubakar everywhere you go, Atiku/Okowa has come to win the presidential poll. Pdp !!!! Power to the People.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by michlins(m): 2:34am On Jan 19, 2023
Kyase:

These guys will rather have a Fulani man win that see a Yoruba person in aso rock

I no blame una sha

The north will give Tinubu the required votes, it's left for Tinubu and his people in the south west

If Tinubu no win this election, before the yourbas will see a VP talk less of president it will take them another 28+ years

Make una dey play
what is important pass

Yoruba retaining the seat or your general well-being being improved. Shey like this, Yoruba folks went to drop ransom and were also kidnapped?

What is in there for those folks? What if it's you and your family members and your guys never made it back. Can you see the next 28yrs?

Sometimes, these politicians use this permutations to further their own cause and finally interest. Will you buy petrol less than what I buy it because you're a Yoruba today?

Ask yourself these questions. It's not about being "woke". It's about using your own head and not getting deceived

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Sannisege: 3:44am On Jan 19, 2023
michlins:
what is important pass

Yoruba retaining the seat or your general well-being being improved. Shey like this, Yoruba folks went to drop ransom and were also kidnapped?

What is in there for those folks? What if it's you and your family members and your guys never made it back. Can you see the next 28yrs?

Sometimes, these politicians use this permutations to further their own cause and finally interest. Will you buy petrol less than what I buy it because you're a Yoruba today?

Ask yourself these questions. It's not about being "woke". It's about using your own head and not getting deceived
In my opinion, Tinubu is the most competent of the four front runners and he also happens to be a Yoruba man. Obi is not savvy enough to manoeuvre the political dynamics in Nigeria, while Atiku is a typical born-to-rule man who cannot make any positive change in Nigeria. Kwankwanso on the other hand is an ethnic jingoist.
Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Obidient4life3: 3:50am On Jan 19, 2023
Even if Joe Biden leads Atiku's campaign and Trump Tinubu's campaign, Obi will still win!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by kcnwaigbo: 3:54am On Jan 19, 2023
Kyase:

I no blame una sha

Make una dey play
So you think it's okay for the SW to become president again in 2023 after after Obasanjo barely handed over in 2007? Is SW the only region in the south?

The SE,NE and NC are they not part of Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by kcnwaigbo: 3:54am On Jan 19, 2023
Sannisege:
In my opinion, Tinubu is the most competent of the four front runners and he also happens to be a Yoruba man. Obi is not savvy enough to manoeuvre the political dynamics in Nigeria, while Atiku is a typical born-to-rule man who cannot make any positive change in Nigeria. Kwankwanso on the other hand is an ethnic jingoist.
in your own opinion.Luckily it is a myopic opinion

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Yankee101: 4:16am On Jan 19, 2023
Wike didn’t learn from tambuwwal
They’ll chop rivers money and still support Atiku
He’s the next president

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Ruggedniggaone: 6:28am On Jan 19, 2023
adioolayi:

I think PDP/Atiku's Presidential chances have been bruised and will suffer a bloody nose at those States being controlled by the G-5 because, the Governors will not mobilise necessary support for Atiku.

I agree, Atiku will still benefit from the Senators and House of representatives PDP's candidates efforts to winning their respective elections, since the election is on the same day...but, it can't be like getting the full backing of the Governors.

Out of the G-5 Governors, only Seyi Makinde seems not to be in control of the entire PDP structure in his state, because, he has some veteran PDP Politicians he cannot dictate for, like Wole Oyelese, Akinjide and the likes. These veterans are for Atiku, so, he just have to close ranks with them, especially because of his own Second Term elections.

Nigeria's politics is full of surprises...Let's wait and see how things play out.
so to you ortorm is In control of pdp in Benue state where Ayu,David Mark,Gabriel suswan and Abba moro dey abi you go just open your mouth and vomit nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Zelenskyy(m): 6:36am On Jan 19, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
so to you ortorm is In control of pdp in Benue state where Ayu,David Mark,Gabriel suswan and Abba moro dey abi you go just open your mouth and vomit nonsense

Even Nyesom Wike is not in control of his own backyard... And he knows that

That is why he has been fighting with Celestine Omega... Prince Uche Secondus and other PDP chieftains in Rivers State...

Las Las,

Atiku Abubakar will win Rivers State and the other G5 States..

The PDP will shock many on election day...
Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Aiel123: 6:47am On Jan 19, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
Don't get excited yet.
Let's see if Makinde will attend.
I'm not sure on the veracity of this news.
Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by ResidentSnitch(f): 6:57am On Jan 19, 2023
Makinde?
No be Afonja again?
Trust an Afonja at your own peril.
Just give him one wrap of amala and ewedu or a skull ready to be mined and they will sell you out in a jiffy.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by adioolayi(m): 7:04am On Jan 19, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:

Why is it very hard for you to pass a message devoid of hate and anger?

Ortorm is the most open to reconciliation among the G-5 ...Asides his long battle with David Mark, which has been since 2017 or so, others have been in PDP State campaigns..Unlike Seyi Makinde, the old Politicians that are for Atiku have not been involved in local campaigns. That's the difference.

You can make your inputs without vituperations..be public courteous.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by michlins(m): 7:20am On Jan 19, 2023
Sannisege:
even with his daily gaffe and obvious signs of aging?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by HitRun(m): 8:12am On Jan 19, 2023
adioolayi:

And you think Ortom is in charge of PDP in Benue state?
Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by adioolayi(m): 8:18am On Jan 19, 2023
HitRun:

And you think Ortom is in charge of PDP in Benue state?
Seyi Makinde's own is worse.

Anyways..my point is the PDP will still not get the full backing of G-5 ..even if they reluctantly agreed to openly be at presidential rally.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by HitRun(m): 8:37am On Jan 19, 2023
adioolayi:
Seyi Makinde's own is worse.

Anyways..my point is the PDP will still not get the full backing of G-5 ..even if they reluctantly agreed to openly be at presidential rally.

Their backing is only important if they hold the structure of the party in their states in their hands. I can assure you that none of them have the structure of pdp in their state. None.

Only Wike is trying to build a new structure because he has the resources, hence the appointment of over 200k assistants.

The G-5 tried hard to grow their ranks but failed. The effect of their rebellion, most likely, will not be significant. If it were in a democracy where illiteracy and hunger wasn’t pervasive, probably they would have sunk Atiku’s chances with some of the allegations they peddle whether they were true or not. But in naija, it is the more you see or hear, the less things change.
Re: PDP Crisis: Makinde Makes U-turn Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku's Ibadan Rally by Ckonnet: 8:53am On Jan 19, 2023
Very good, they should tear the vote there too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Have Refused To Meet With Nyesom Wike After His Declaration By INEC / Arrewa Twitter Praying For Putin To Convert To Islam And Fight For Hamas / USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.