Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! (2786 Views)

Boko Haram Destroys Nigerian Military Base; 107 Troops MIA - Dailymail UK / President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by OmoTier1(m): 10:01pm On May 19, 2011
I write to formally denounce any plan by the US government to use Nigeria as a base for her military operations in her so called war on terror.

This move in my candid opinion has little to do with the 'foolish' and 'unwise' war on self created terrorist organisations around but it is a delibrated attempt by the government of the USA to 'pakistanize' Nigeria, with the obvious consequences to numerous to mention.

The plan to open a base in Nigeria is obviously geared towards the need to secure the USA energy needs from Nigeria at the expense of the blood of innocent Nigerians.

We have seen what have happened to all the countries where the USA has set-up a base/bases. Nigeria and Nigerians do not want to suffer same!

Nigeria is an independent nation with military formation capable of keeping the nation in balance and we do not need any foriegn military on our soil.The very recent insecurity in the country and the post-election violence witness- (all of which were due to lack of political will of the executive leadership and not military incapability)shall not be used as a pretence/deceit for the USA government to establish a base on our soil.

Nigeria is a nation discovering herself daily just as did the USA during thier formative years with untold bloodshed often accompanied by 'acts' too despicable to be written down in history books!

As I have always maintained, Jonathan should return Nigeria to the 'Neutral-Center' Obj left Nigeria!
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 19, 2011
it will come to pass through their agents in Nigeria,i wish Nigeria Goodluck
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 19, 2011
i wsh nigeria goodluck, since they said they want goodluck and not hardwork and discipline
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by sirjec(m): 10:42pm On May 19, 2011
There is nothing wrong if USA want a military base in Nigeria. If Nigeria is a sovereign state, why did they kill inocent citizens just like that.

Pls America if you are still contemplating, don't go and develop bp, just come and establish your military base here.

Nigeria is forked, too much sectional and tribal sentiments has killed the nation. Imagine ppl calling for NYSC to be scrapped and senate president is saying it should be made to last for 2years to show people they are wasting their time. Since our military cannot protect them during this 2years nysc, usa should come and do it for us(we that don't have connection to decide where we'll serve)
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 19, 2011
sirjec:

There is nothing wrong if USA want a military base in Nigeria. If Nigeria is a sovereign state, why did they kill inocent citizens just like that.

Pls America if you are still contemplating, don't go and develop bp, just come and establish your military base here.

Nigeria is forked, too much sectional and tribal sentiments has killed the nation. Imagine ppl calling for NYSC to be scrapped and senate president is saying it should be made to last for 2years to show people they are wasting their time. Since our military cannot protect them during this 2years nysc, usa should come and do it for us(we that don't have connection to decide where we'll serve)

Nonsense,Some Nigerians are really dumb
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 19, 2011
olas2u:

cant you see his name? SIRJEC grin
he is a jerk, and he is not nigerian, prob german lol
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 19, 2011
Were is seun, i think this  should go to the front page
and if they get a base in nigeria, hahaha, abbotabad, pakistan, iraq, and iran, is going to be throwing bombs all over nigeria, it going to look like rain from heaven  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by sirjec(m): 11:20pm On May 19, 2011
olas2u:

Donlittle:

cant you see his name? SIRJEC grin
he is a jerk, and he is not nigerian, prob german lol

Hey guys
Enough of those insults.

A planet is a sovereign planet
A continent is a sovereign continent
A nation is a sovereign nation
A state is a sovereign state
A local Government is a sovereign Local Government
A council is a sovereign council
A family is a sovereign family,

When communities were somewhere living their lives, were their sovereignty not breached when they were forced to metamorphose to a nation against their will

Ok let's say, as a sovereign family, I want USA to come to my home and form the military base to protect only me and my family because I don't trust Nigerian military to do that.

Are corp members allowed their constitutional right of choice of unforced labour? or their right of where to live and work? Please stop all these sentiments. This world is all about the stronger impose yourself on the weaker and every state is guilty  of that

Please before you crucify me, remember I have freedom of speech and expression.
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by sirjec(m): 11:25pm On May 19, 2011
Donlittle:

Were is seun, i think this  should go to the front page
and if they get a base in nigeria, hahaha, abbotabad, pakistan, iraq, and iran, is going to be throwing bombs all over nigeria, it going to look like rain from heaven  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They are already doing so in USA's absence or are you not aware of the rocket launchers, bombs, etc from Iran in our border few months ago the bokoharam are using now against the nation? They are here already so we need USA to also arrive
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by ezeagu(m): 11:30pm On May 19, 2011
[size=24pt]800 PEOPLE DIED[/size] because of a simple election, please tell us what will be worse if the US sets up a base? At least Nigeria can now boast of McDonald's and other western comforts. grin

America [size=24pt]COME, COME, COME, COME!!![/size]
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by cap28: 12:09am On May 20, 2011
^^^^^
yes like the comforts the iraqis are enjoying.

anyway its already too late, there is nothing nigeria can do to stop the US locating a military base in nigeria, nigeria has already allowed america onto the continent of africa by voting in favour of the no fly zone over libya, its too late, the forces controlling africa are greater than anything that nigeria can muster to defend itself, the nigerian military can not even defend the territorial integrity of nigeria from any external attack - when africans were being warned about africom they thought it was a joke, now look its beginning to manifest itself, the americans are coming to force chinese investment out of nigeria and ensure that they and the british retain control over the oil reserves in the south - in doing so they will completely militarise the whole of nigeria, lets hope nigeria does not turn into another DRC.
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by ezeagu(m): 12:15am On May 20, 2011
As if Japan and Germany don't have US bases. Is the US base being positioned here for a war like it was in Iraq? Who is Nigeria's Saddam Hussein, anyway, any war on terror isn't coming anywhere near south east so they can go and bomb mad towns that can't solve a situation with killing hundreds,
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by coldhearts(f): 12:24am On May 20, 2011
Nigeria doesn't need a US base, we simply need peace.
Anyway if our president allows US base, then it should open up for a russian base and a chinese base too to counteract it -problem solved. We can worry about the rest later  smiley.
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by cap28: 12:35am On May 20, 2011
ezeagu:

As if Japan and Germany don't have US bases. Is the US base being positioned here for a war like it was in Iraq? Who is Nigeria's Saddam Hussein, anyway, any war on terror isn't coming anywhere near south east so they can go and bomb mad towns that can't solve a situation with killing hundreds,

japan and germany were both defeated by allied forces headed by america after the second world war - thats why military bases were located there, you only locate your military bases in nations that you have either defeated in war or that are no longer sovereign states and are now under your control - when gadaffi overthrew king idris in 1969 the first thing he did was to close the US airforce base located in his country. If the US succeeds in their plan (and im sure they will) you will start seeing the disintegration of nigeria - as omo tier correctly pointed out it will be like pakistan where the americans are trying to balkanise the country into smaller easily controllable fiefdoms.
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by yeswecan(m): 12:43am On May 20, 2011
sirjec:

Are u serious?
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:44am On May 20, 2011
DAMN, folks needs education, we dnt need any, we dont want USA, no modern slavery or modern colonization in nigeria!!!
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by EzeUche2(m): 1:00am On May 20, 2011
cap28:

japan and germany were both defeated by allied forces headed by america after the second world war - thats why military bases were located there, you only locate your military bases in nations that you have either defeated in war or that are no longer sovereign states and are now under your control - when gadaffi overthrew king idris in 1969 the first thing he did was to close the US airforce base located in his country. If the US succeeds in their plan (and im sure they will) you will start seeing the disintegration of nigeria - as omo tier correctly pointed out it will be like pakistan where the americans are trying to balkanise the country into smaller easily controllable fiefdoms.

Some of us would enjoy these smaller fiefdoms you know. . . cool
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by cap28: 2:05am On May 20, 2011
^^^^
fiefdoms can weaken your power base and leave you vulnerable to external attack.
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by ezeagu(m): 2:05am On May 20, 2011
cap28:

japan and germany were both defeated by allied forces headed by america after the second world war - thats why military bases were located there, you only locate your military bases in nations that you have either defeated in war or that are no longer sovereign states and are now under your control - when gadaffi overthrew king idris in 1969 the first thing he did was to close the US airforce base located in his country.  If the US succeeds in their plan (and im sure they will) you will start seeing the disintegration of nigeria - as omo tier correctly pointed out it will be like pakistan where the americans are trying to balkanise the country into smaller easily controllable fiefdoms.

Did the United States also defeat the United Kingdom, or Canada, or Australia, or South Korea, or Spain, or France, or Turkey, or. . . . .

Who cares if the US controls parts of Nigeria, what is Nigeria doing now that the US will not beat? In fact Nigerians are killing themselves and their acting like animals who can't get themselves together. Or maybe 800 people dying every other month will be topped by the US base.

Nigeria is slowly becoming a threat not only to itself, but to global security. How can somebody be implying that a country that had people almost protesting Osama bin Laden's capture is better than Pakistan?

Again, the United States should [size=28pt]COME![/size]
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by henry101(m): 3:35am On May 20, 2011
sirjec:

Hey guys
Enough of those insults.

A planet is a sovereign planet
A continent is a sovereign continent
A nation is a sovereign nation
A state is a sovereign state
A local Government is a sovereign Local Government
A council is a sovereign council
A family is a sovereign family,

When communities were somewhere living their lives, were their sovereignty not breached when they were forced to metamorphose to a nation against their will

Ok let's say, as a sovereign family, I want USA to come to my home and form the military base to protect only me and my family because I don't trust Nigerian military to do that.
Are corp members allowed their constitutional right of choice of unforced labour? or their right of where to live and work? Please stop all these sentiments. This world is all about the stronger impose yourself on the weaker and every state is guilty  of that

Please before you crucify me, remember I have freedom of speech and expression.

O boy, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by sirjec(m): 2:28pm On May 20, 2011
USA has a military base in SA. Is Nigeria better than South Africa
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 20, 2011
sirjec:

USA has a military base in SA. Is Nigeria better than South Africa
You better shut up,mugun
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by EzeUche2(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2011
cap28:

^^^^
fiefdoms can weaken your power base and leave you vulnerable to external attack.

What if the power base is already weak from internal discord?
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by sirjec(m): 2:47pm On May 20, 2011
Hahaha. All these people that are scared of USA having military base in Nigeria, it's like you people are terrorists oo. Is USA's military base going to affect anything here except terrorism?

Terrorist are quivering. Now we know the terrorists in our midst.
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by Bawss1(m): 2:49pm On May 20, 2011
All of you against having a US military base in Nigeria should speak for yourselves. I want one in my backyard already!
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by Shimao(m): 2:57pm On May 20, 2011
The US must love Nigeria and Nigerians so much that she wants a military base here to defend Nigeria and Nigerian citizens and I'm happy most NL realize that.
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by EzeUche2(m): 3:05pm On May 20, 2011
I don't mind either. Maybe they can deal with those radical elements up North.  angry

Let the drone attacks rain fire on those terrorist to the North!
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by sirjec(m): 3:08pm On May 20, 2011
Shimao:

The US must love Nigeria and Nigerians so much that she wants a military base here to defend Nigeria and Nigerian citizens and I'm happy most NL realize that.
Bawss1:

All of you against having a US military base in Nigeria should speak for yourselves. I want one in my backyard already!
Good!!!

Don't mind those Osama trained terrorists who are being supported by some terrorists in our military. America is here to destabilise all their plans and they will start from your military to civilians. When they come, they will merge with our military to fight terrorism and militancy, then they will flush out all the military moles.

Please USA, when are you coming because I'll like to organize party to receive and welcome you in our village.
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by JudgeDredd: 3:18pm On May 20, 2011
^^^ Dude, I think Shimao is being SARCASTIC!

No one really likes an imperialist nation in their backyard, but what can u do when some nefarious element won't let peace reign and the leaders are busy looting the nation blind
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by cap28: 3:27pm On May 20, 2011
all of you pleading for a US military base in nigeria - i hope you won't complain when you start seeing things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TTYzakFjsU
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by OmoTier1(m): 5:16pm On May 20, 2011
Regardless of which part of Nigeria it is, we do not want a USA base in Nigeria!

First they gave Nigeria a more or less useless ship which Nigerian leaders foolishly paid $8m to install American communication and navigation systems on it; Heaven - what better way to sell yourself to a tommorrow potential aggressor!

The current problem in the North is squarely down to the failure of past and present leadership in Nigeria.If religion is the problem as most think, why don't we have same extremist behaviour in South -West Nigeria where large percentage of the population are moslems?

The USA has envisaged the real possibility of the iranians closing the major oil shipping route in the middle east and are looking at Nigeria as a possible mitigation option should the need arise.Hence the need to have a base here so they can secure thier energy route safely out of nigeria while nigerians becomes 'suya' meat in the hands of terrorist the USA created, used and dumped only for her to see them fighting against her.

A USA base in Nigeria will destabilize the sub saharah region as several countries in the region who are not neccessarily friends of the USA will engage in weaponization of some sort as we have seen in the case of South America, South East Asia, and the Middle East!

Beside, Africa already has a matured and stabilized , military stabilization force as only what is left the yhe maturity of the political class which will help use these MSFs to safe guard the different regions in Africa. We do not need foriegners (Militarily)on our soil.

God bless Nigeria: Goodluck please return Nigeria to the Neutral-Center position Obasanjo left us in international politics asthat is where we stand to benefit most as a developing cpuntry just like Brazil is doing.
Re: USA: Go To Hell With Your Military Base Not Nigeria! by youngmonie: 6:00pm On May 20, 2011
LOOOOOOOL!!!, some people asre not enlightned and dont know the true reality on ground. i suggest you watch vidoes on youtube about AFRICOM and its real agenda and you would know why this option aint good for Nigeria. And i still try to find answers to one question: WHY DOES AMERICA TRY TO TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR THE WORLD!!, i mean its crazy this country is broke yet it still spends trillions on its militrary budget at the expense of americans, how on earth are they goin to keep up spending such money every year, !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nlc Declare Indefinite Strike In Enugu State ! / Nigeria President's Response to Islamist Kidnap "An Insult" / Top 10 Most Powerful Armies In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.