Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,083 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers (20051 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Asake And Blackbonz / Sadiq Khan Reacts To Asake's Brixton Academy Concert Incident / Asake And Olamide Spray Dollars in Club To Celebrate The Album Release Of Asake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by pafra(m): 2:39pm On Jan 19, 2023
oz4real83:
All those pastors that invite comedians to the altar to perform are the ones that surprise me the most cheesy grin. There will come a time when we won't be able to distinguish between the church and the world shocked shocked

Are you for real? Can a stream produce salt and fresh water?

Out of the abundant of the heart the mouth speaks.

You don't know? There is a spirit behind every music.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:39pm On Jan 19, 2023
Have you heard the phrase which says "variety is the spice of life"? Stop sounding hypocritical and judgemental. Christians sha. You guys won't serve your God and leave others to do how they please.

5 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Image123(m): 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2023
Truth is bitter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by tunapawizzy: 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2023
THank God some of these people are not God.....even God wey be the ultimate still dey bless people who dey actively commit sin, including all these holier-than-thou people.
Na u dey determine who be child of God now, as per, 1st born of God, u must know ur younger ones.......

5 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by erad(m): 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2023
Jozibrainz99:

Senseless talk right?

That's what the world has turned into...

The world hasn't turned to anything.
He could have made his point without trying to make others look bad or doomed for destruction.

Asake is doing his thing, Mr gospel is doing his thing as well... They are both in it for the money so he shouldn't bring that holier-than-thou attitude here.

If gospel songs were worth their onions, even the oracles will listen to them.
Stop guilt-tripping people to listen to the less than par compositions called gospel music.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by ATLIEN2027: 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2023
Religious fanatic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Ozajeda: 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2023
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Claire104: 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2023
I wonder what the so called children of God enjoy in secular songs... May God help us.

8 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by karmaolu1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
when on earth, do as the earth does/
when in heaven, do as the heavenly do and stop judging
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by blahc007: 2:58pm On Jan 19, 2023
donpapa:
This is my problem with these people, face your God and serve him accordingly. Allow people to do what suits them.
He was referring to believers....not you
If you are a believer....then you are a part

10 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
erad:

The world hasn't turned to anything.
He could have made his point without trying to make others look bad or doomed for destruction.

Asake is doing his thing, Mr gospel is doing his thing as well... They are both in it for the money so he shouldn't bring that holier-than-thou attitude here.

If gospel songs were worth their onions, even the oracles will listen to them.
Stop guilt-tripping people to listen to the less than par compositions called gospel music.
Thanks for the comment...

I know ur type.
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by pappilo(m): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
Come Dunsin Oyekan, variety is the spice of life!

Not all secular music has evil lyrics

Some of these secular music are great too!

Let's stop putting each other down! We will go far in life if we judge less!

Even the Bible has varieties, song of Solomon dey, lamentation dey! Pick the one that suits your mood

What is important in life is that we don't hurt others, love! The greatest commandment.

My banana o, come chop my banana, sho ni power o, Elemi lo mast!

That one na world music na

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Xedmark: 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2023
I burst into laugh when I saw brother asake. Sincerely bro Dunsin is saying the truth "As a man thinketh so is he" You become what u eat eventually. So if u digest worldly music like digestive biscuits, u become exactly like the world. If we can have a born again stripper like a filthy lady will teach with her movie obviously the world isn't coming to an end, The world has ended.

5 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by blahc007: 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

Even the Bible has varieties, song of Solomon dey, lamentation dey! Pick the one that suits your mood

What is important in life is that we don't hurt others, love! The greatest commandment.
If you read well, you see that there is no judgement there but the truest fact....

You are the one who introduced variety in your christian work..... according to the original design, we are not to conform to the world....we are to love God with all our minds, heart and spirit....no place for another thing bro....

According to Christ, loving him is not writing it on your Facebook profile or watsapp status, but the instruction is this: if you love me, keep my commandments (his words)....wen you read through the bible, you will see his commandments(words)....

And a part of it says: do not conform to this world....another says: love not the world....these words have meanings....

I will explain if you ask me to

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Gospel2Day: 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
donpapa:
This is my problem with these people, face your God and serve him accordingly. Allow people to do what suits them.

They can't claim to be Christians and do what suits them.
The Christian Faith restricts and restrains you from doing what suits you.
Light and darkness CANNOT cohabitate.
So, don't comment on what you don't understand.
Shalom.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
I'm listening to davido
Come and remove it from my phone

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by MrColdsweat: 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
Nigerian Christians behave like God is a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by traihit: 3:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
Afobear:
mumu Man.. eat brownies and be happy

His "mumuness" is why God found him useful.

Is there any reason you're useful to God?

6 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Gospel2Day: 3:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

You're not a Christian, so you don't understand the rules and regulations of the Christian Faith.

8 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by BusinessPlan22: 3:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
blahc007:

If you read well, you see that there is no judgement there but the truest fact....

You are the one who introduced variety in your christian work..... according to the original design, we are not to conform to the world....we are to love God with all our minds, heart and spirit....no place for another thing bro....

According to Christ, loving him is not writing it on your Facebook profile or watsapp status, but the instruction is this: if you love me, keep my commandments (his words)....wen you read through the bible, you will see his commandments(words)....

How do I double like this.

5 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Gospel2Day: 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
erad:
Lol... Very senseless take.

One very interesting thing about gospel musicians is that most of them are failed secular musicians.
You chose to classify your songs, some people just listen to songs that appeal to them without bothering about if it's secular or gospel.

Live and let live.

Your comment reveals the obvious fact that you're not a Christian.
You don't get to set or make the rules of a Divine Religion.
So, don't rush to comment on what you are completely ignorant of.
Give your life to Jesus Christ today before it is too late.

5 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2023
Gospel2Day:

You're not a Christian, so you don't understand the rules and regulations of the Christian Faith.
You yourself speaking dey listen to secular music, dey here dey pretend!

5 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by IamOrei(m): 3:12pm On Jan 19, 2023
oz4real83:
All those pastors that invite comedians to the altar to perform are the ones that surprise me the most cheesy grin. There will come a time when we won't be able to distinguish between the church and the world shocked shocked

Are u sure we are not in the time already?
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by BigYash: 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2023
Afobear:
mumu Man.. eat brownies and be happy
He no be mumu. You can't serve two masters at the same time.. Even me dey guilty of wetin he talk ,and I know its wrong.. But the guy-yoyo in me,never let me stop am.. See as Kiss Condom dey drop hits everyday now,and I don be him fan since the days of LAYE. Na one me dey jam like this so.. Iyanya,David and kiss. cheesy I know why this guy the vex sha... The attention/endorsement when cecular art dey get,gospel art no dey get am.. But it is,what it is..
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Gospel2Day: 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

You yourself speaking dey listen to secular music, dey here dey pretend!

I do not like or listen to secular music. Since I got Born again, secular music became very irritating to me.
That's why I know someone who listens to secular music is NOT Born Again yet.
Try giving your life to Jesus Christ. You will understand what I'm saying.

5 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by donpapa(m): 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2023
Gospel2Day:

They can't claim to be Christians and do what suits them.
The Christian Faith restricts and restrains you from doing what suits you.
Light and darkness CANNOT cohabitate.
So, don't comment on what you don't understand.
Shalom.

So listening to a secular song is tantamount to darkness? Please make me understand sir/ma.

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by John3v19: 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2023
adeola1097:
Hypocrisy of the highest order. He can roll his entitled opinion on a piece of paper and light up since he’s the most high now.

Is he the asake they are listening to?
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by John3v19: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2023
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 John2:15_17

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by NoToPile: 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
Truth is always bitter.

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by 4wardEva1: 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
Na wah ooo
How did Dunsin even know what Asake sings?
Does he listen too?!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ali Nuhu Visits Ganduje With Kannywood Actors / Nigeria Veteran Actor, Saint Obi, Is A Year Older Today. / Rita Dominic To Tie The Knot...it Has Been Difficult Getting The Right Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.