Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers (20048 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Asake And Blackbonz / Sadiq Khan Reacts To Asake's Brixton Academy Concert Incident / Asake And Olamide Spray Dollars in Club To Celebrate The Album Release Of Asake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Gospel2Day: 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
donpapa:

So listening to a secular song is tantamount to darkness? Please make me understand sir/ma.

See Life is spiritual. There are two spiritual dimensions that influence and inspire what humans do, including music.
If a singer is not under the influence and inspiration of Divine spiritual dimension, he or she is under the influence and inspiration of Demonic spiritual dimension.
If a Christian listens to musicians who are NOT in the Divine Spiritual Dimension of God, whose source of their secular songs is demonic and devilish, the songs will pollute the spirit of such a Christian.
It is that simple.

5 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Gospel2Day: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
donpapa:

So listening to a secular song is tantamount to darkness? Please make me understand sir/ma.

See Life is spiritual. There are two spiritual dimensions that influence and inspire what humans do, including music.
If a singer is not under the influence and inspiration of Divine spiritual dimension, he or she is under the influence and inspiration of Demonic spiritual dimension.
If a Christian listens to musicians who are NOT in the Divine Spiritual Dimension of God, whose source of their secular songs is demonic and devilish, the songs will pollute the spirit of Christian.
It is that simple.
Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by benjaminlawson(m): 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
donpapa:
This is my problem with these people, face your God and serve him accordingly. Allow people to do what suits them.

People need to be told the mind of God so that they can escape the condemnation of God. Because all souls belong to Him. 1 Corinthians 6:19, ... Know yes not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which yee have of God, and yee are not of your own. Therefore, no one own his life, and cannot do what suits them, but what pleases God only.

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by BreconHills(m): 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
donpapa:
This is my problem with these people, face your God and serve him accordingly. Allow people to do what suits them.

And by your argument, he has a right to express himself. Because that's all he is doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by miqos02(m): 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by faithfull18(f): 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
He is right. No sitting on the fence, you are either here or there, no in-betweens.

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by olaeffect(m): 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
donpapa:

Note, he was not talking to people, he was talking to Christians.
And as a Christian (if you choose to be one) you are not free to do what suits you grin
I know you won't understand sha.

1 Like

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
Asake makes african music. your christianity is not african.
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Horokrox: 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

You yourself speaking dey listen to secular music, dey here dey pretend!
Foolishness and Falsehood are following you multidimensionaly unlike your moniker undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Afobear: 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
traihit:

His "mumuness" is why God found him useful.

Is there any reason you're useful to God?
Your god must be useless sha
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Afobear: 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
BigYash:
He no be mumu. You can't serve two masters at the same time.. Even me dey guilty of wetin he talk ,and I know its wrong.. But the guy-yoyo in me,never let me stop am.. See as Kiss Condom dey drop hits everyday now,and I don be him fan since the days of LAYE. Na one me dey jam like this so.. Iyanya,David and kiss. cheesy I know why this guy the vex sha... The attention/endorsement when cecular art dey get,gospel art no dey get am.. But it is,what it is..

bro .. i get good brownies for you make we high dey go ... life no get surplus

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Lightman300(m): 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
erad:
Lol... Very senseless take.

One very interesting thing about gospel musicians is that most of them are failed secular musicians.
You chose to classify your songs, some people just listen to songs that appeal to them without bothering about if it's secular or gospel.

Live and let live.

Tasteless talk.
You mean Sinach,Adah,Nathaniel Bassey,Kirk Franklin,Mercy Chinwo,etc.
Failed secular musicians?

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Takolee: 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
Dunsin has said his own o.

It is left to anyone who wants to take to the advice to do so or not.

No be by force.

We will all live with the consequences of our decisions!

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by BigYash: 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
Afobear:

bro .. i get good brownies for you make we high dey go ... life no get surplus
My nigga cheesy You're blessed my brother. Me don already dey on one or two here so.. Thanks baba

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Kcboy0806(m): 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2023
Bitter truth.
You're right despite the world doesn't want to hear what is right, they only want to hear what pleases their soul and at the end send them to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by africandollar: 4:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
Hmm...I am also guilty of this grin, make God help me...but Asake music sweet o make we no lie, in fact the very first time I heard 'Omo Ope' way before y'all even knew Asake I don already know say the guy and him music go blow.

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by jaxxy(m): 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2023
Don't know who he is.
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
He should kuku say they are on their way to hell fire. He is very stupid.
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Financialman: 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
benjackugo:

https://www.facebook.com/100064192205833/posts/pfbid02Tiffieyu8Fq2MYkQK9rnAr7RucECz1sUyBK9GB3uiNBCvGZtSKLHgqtxxPX1NgEVl/?app=fbl
Allow God build them and stop self righteousness,it is God that makes a man holy....shey the late gospel musician uncle sammy,was he not involved in sexual relationships outside his marriage (adultery) but he was a gospel artiste.Some of the secular songs have good lyrics and passes strong message you can learn from
May God guide us all

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Msports: 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
donpapa:
U can’t allow people doing the wrong thing angry

1 Like

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by albanikeh001: 5:12pm On Jan 19, 2023
I am not a fervent christian, infact I am a certified sinner that needs saving. However, I want to tell you that what dunsin oyekan just spilled is the bitter truth. You can never serve two masters. You can't call urself a Christian and have secular musics that have been baptised with satanic pacts which have to do with the artists selling their souls. You call urself a Christian yet you blast naira Marley, Asake, lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg. That means u are simply a confused being. It's only in Christianity that one would want to eat his cake and have it back. If you know how the satanic kingdom operates, you will know that 97% of people that call themselves christians are just playing....AS IN REALLY PLAYING. If you have a pact with the devil, and he gives you an obligation to fulfill and you fail, it's 10 times better you were never born cos you may never recover from the punishment he will serve you( see how a lot of yahoo plus guys and foreign musicians died cos they broke a rule). Thing is that our God is a merciful God, walahi. We obviously don't know what it means to be a Christian, to be disciplined and do that which pleases God.
Same idiots here that are bashing Dunsin did that because their conscience were pricked by the undiluted truth from Dunsin.

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Tommydare(m): 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2023
Not all Christians are brainwashed or delusional. And talking about being delusional....u might be one of those.
SultanOfPuna:
The foolish Christians are clowns..
If you point gun at this fool
He will cry that he don't want to die..

So you no wan go the heaven, dey you dey preach everyday.

I have a neighbour she is a pastor
Playing gospel music every time
But she always maltreat her house girl and flog her with wire.
And warn her not to cry or make noise.

I stopped taking Christians serious
very delusional set of brainwashed slaves
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by IAMBOSS1990: 5:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
Those of you arguing, Imagine Kumuyi, Adeboye or Oyedepo blasting Asake or Naira Marley? Would you clap for them? Listening to secular songs on a regular is bound to open you to worldly desires much like reading a book or watching a video that does not glorify God. Most of us who are culpable should stop arguing nonsense and pray for grace to commit ourselves totally to God. Even some shows or series we watch sef we ought not to watch them and we know, for instance, Take BBA, who do you think it glorifies? God or Satan? Things of the world sweet true, true but we will overcome in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Shutupthere: 6:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
nepole:
Dunsin should talk about the 10 commandments and leave music alone.
He is a better musician than even Wizkid.

Better vocalist
Better instrumentalist

Most of these secular guys can’t arrange a simple harmony even if their lives depends on it
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
oz4real83:
All those pastors that invite comedians to the altar to perform are the ones that surprise me the most cheesy grin. There will come a time when we won't be able to distinguish between the church and the world shocked shocked

What's wrong with comedy?

Is it a sin to say things in a funny way...or a sin to cause people to laugh heartily?
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Temi2468: 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
benjackugo:

https://www.facebook.com/100064192205833/posts/pfbid02Tiffieyu8Fq2MYkQK9rnAr7RucECz1sUyBK9GB3uiNBCvGZtSKLHgqtxxPX1NgEVl/?app=fbl

Dunsin,
Now you will know those who were truly your disciples from the beginning beyond enjoying sweet music. The Christians of this generation hate rebuke from sound doctrines.
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
Come Dunsin Oyekan, variety is the spice of life!

Not all secular music has evil lyrics

Some of these secular music are great too!

Let's stop putting each other down! We will go far in life if we judge less!

Even the Bible has varieties, song of Solomon dey, lamentation dey! Pick the one that suits your mood

What is important in life is that we don't hurt others, love! The greatest commandment.

I believe he wasn't referring to all secular songs.

But some secular songs aren't edifying...

They corrupt the mind.

Those are the songs he's referring to.

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Pat081: 7:41pm On Jan 19, 2023
benjackugo:

Hope Dad G.O did not take more than the drugs they give him or misuse it he is not God to judge people
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by jclassiq(m): 7:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
I personally find the name dropping unnecessary and offensive.
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by donpapa(m): 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Gospel2Day:

If a Christian listens to musicians who are NOT in the Divine Spiritual Dimension of God, whose source of their secular songs is demonic and devilish, the songs will pollute the spirit of Christian.
It is that simple.
Shalom.

Thank you for this.

1 Like

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by BlackyOne: 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2023
Explain why gospel singers like their pastorial counterpart will be demanding to get paid for singing to the glory of God...

You're only complaining because christians nor dey rate una business again grin
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Pchizy: 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
donpapa:

This will be a bit lengthy but please, read through.

I know that many Instrumentalist in Churches and others, are victim of this.

Some �fights against what he said and other similar statements::: in order to justify themselves and thereby, remain in their dark life.

(when you read scriptures stated below in this write-up, you will understand what is really making you to fight like this). Just continue reading.....

The real challenge is that many are not really Born Again.

Some of this secular songs has a lot of immoral lyrics which you know very well.

How can a man that has the Holy Spirit, will willingly and consistently plug in secular music? Think about it.

Some will say, they're learning the beat only. That's how these strongholds gradually crept in and captured your mind.

Evidence is simply seen in a life defending these secular music and other lies of the enemy.

The challenge is that some Churches has allowed such song performances in their podium, thereby affecting the congregants heart negatively.

What Min Dunsen said is the truth.
How do you claim to have the light and you still associate with darkness?
You may always say, don't judge. But you never know that God expected us to correct in love, rebuke, reproof etc (you will see it in the below scriptures here)
Just keep reading along....

Scripture says, flee/dissociate. It says, "someone in Christ is person called out of darkness into His marvelous light.

So, despite your position or how old you've been in Church or Outside Christendom. To truly be a Child of God, what you need now is to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Savior. Pray to Him for His Spirit leading.

Then, you will understand what exactly and why such words from Dunsen.

You really need help. Don't perish like this. Never let many that doesn't know the Lord to deceive you. Think!

If you're outside Christ, you can never understand this, and cannot know that, no longer your will or self choices, but must be God's will henceforth.

Galatian 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ: and *I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me.* And the real life I now have within this body is a result of my trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 

2Cor 6:
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?...
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Col 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

2Tim 4:
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 **For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.**

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

1Cor 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2 Cor 4:
3 If the Good News we preach is hidden to anyone, it is hidden from the one who is on the road to eternal death.
4 **Satan, who is the god of this evil world, has made him blind, unable to see the glorious light of the Gospel that is shining upon him or to understand the amazing message we preach about the glory of Christ, who is God.

1 Jn 3:8b
...But the reason the Son of God was revealed was to undo and destroy the works of the devil.

Brethren, stay strong. Pray for one another, that many will come to know the Truth.
Note:: Knowledge |||. of the Truth (Jesus Christ)

Jn 8:32
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wizkid Drops Hint For Name CHANGE On Twitter / Things You Didn’t Know About Moses Olaiya Aka ( Baba Sala ) / Ali Nuhu Visits Ganduje With Kannywood Actors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.