Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court (11306 Views)

Oyo Monarchs’ Encounter: You Can’t Try Such With An Emir, Oluwo Blasts Obasanjo / I Hid Like A Rat During Kuje Prison Attack, DCP Kyari Tells Court / FBI Charge Abba Kyari with Conspiracy to Commit wire fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by benjackugo: 11:40am On Jan 19, 2023
Kyari challenges the powers of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) to prosecute him

The drug trafficking trial of Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP, Abba Kyari,resumed on Wednesday, January 18, 2023, IGBERETV reports.

The suspended officer who is currently facing an eight-count charge alongside four members of his police Intelligence Response team; ACP Sunday J. Ubia, ASP Bawa James, Insp. Simon Agirigba and Insp. John Nuhu, claimed that the charges are all defective.

His lawyer, Mr Nureni Jimoh, SAN, told the court that the charge was premature and that the NDLEA should have allowed the police to exhaust its internal machinery before it instituted the action.

Jimoh further claimed that the police had already commenced an investigation into allegations against his client and issued an interim report.

Asides from arguing that his client can only be charged to court upon conclusion of the internal investigation by the police, the lawyer also stated that the Police Service Commission (PSC) has similar powers to investigate and discipline erring police officers in line with the Police Act & Regulations, the same way the National Judicial Council, NJC, discipline judicial officers.

He urged the court to strike out the charge and discharge him. Jimoh's application was also adopted by the other Defendants who prayed the court to terminate further proceedings in the charge against them.

This was however countered by NDLEA's Director of Legal Services, Mr Sunday Joseph, who asked the court to dismiss the defendants’ preliminary objection.

Joseph argued that what the agency brought before the court was a criminal case for the violation of laws and not a disciplinary action for the infringement of police service rules.

He added that unlike the Armed Forces Act that made provision for establishment of a Court Martial, the Police Act, expressly stated that police officers are not exempted from any criminal liability under the law.

NDLEA further argued that if it was the duty of the police to investigate or prosecute drug-related cases, it would not have transferred such cases to it.

Joseph said;

”It was the police itself that brought this matter to us, knowing that it has no power to handle cases that fall under the NDLEA Act.

“Powers of police does not include selling of hard drugs that were seized. That is what we classify as tampering and that is the charge the Defendants are facing before this court.

“It is the Police Act itself that says that police officers can be charged. The 1st Defendant, Kyari, was even on suspension when he committed the offence.

”The Applicants have not by way of an affidavit or legal argument, established any condition precedent required for the filing of this charge. To that extent, their application must fail as it is misconceived and bereft of any legal or factual structure.

“We urge my lord to dismiss the application and proceed to hear of the matter”

Justice Emeka Nwite adjourned the matter till March 22 for a ruling after listening to the arguments.

https://igberetvnews.com/1437062/ndlea-cant-try-drug-trafficking-charge-abba-kyari-tells-court/

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Urheadmaster(m): 11:41am On Jan 19, 2023
Once upon a time when Abba Kyari the most wanted cyber perpetrator is bulling NDLEA of not having the gut to sue him of his criminally life tongue

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by eliyke(m): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2023
grin
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Anyenmoney(m): 11:55am On Jan 19, 2023
God bless NDLEA.

7 Likes

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by unclejb2(m): 11:55am On Jan 19, 2023
Buhari gave this terrorist power unlimited to wreck havoc on innocent people. Today Karma has caught up with him..

Pls they should quickly extradite him to the US since he said that NDLEA cannot put him on trial

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by omowolewa: 11:56am On Jan 19, 2023
Don't be surprised
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by kozmokaz(m): 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2023
Why is this man still alive

7 Likes

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by SadiqBabaSani: 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
flawed argument
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Nbote(m): 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
All this staged arrest and trial. Arrangee trial to stop him from being extradited. They'll just make stage appearances every once in a while to keep up appearance and then he goes back to chill in one of his homes

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by hisexcellency34: 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2023
This rogue still dey
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Bubu4Sea: 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
Nothing good can come from a Northerner.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by davidtemi(m): 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
Na ur fault? ?

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by adeola1097: 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
I’m not being tribalistic but Imagine this Abba Kyari was from a different tribe;
I’m certain we’d have moved on from his prosecution case and this government would have packaged and extradited him to US for related charges since 2022.

And you say the North don’t stand with their own.

23 Likes

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by MoneySEASON: 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
Just look at the boldness and audacity.

Very soon, they'll release him.

Justice is only for the poor and needy in Nigeria here.

7 Likes

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by usecondom(m): 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
Hmmm
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by salbis(m): 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
Naija very funny walahi.
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Curious345: 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
OBIDATTI hear me and hear me loud and clear ..

Declare state of emergency on the judiciary and police force and NEPA.

Destroy the CORRUPTION in these 3 sectors and in 19months we are on our way to becoming the new Dubai of Africa ..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by xquire(m): 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
Yes!
Abba Kyari our junior collegue is right, there's nothing wrong in drug trafficking, at worst when you get caught you forfeit some money.

Tilumbu have done it, he forfeited $460,000, do you see anybody complaining?

And by the grace of tested and trusted Jagaban Army we shall mobilise votes by fire by force for Tilumbu as Nigeria's President to continue where Buhari stops

Nigerians must learn by force, Buhari did not deliver on all his promises, Jagaban worldwide that single handedly built Lagos will do justice to that.

On Tilumbu mandate I stand

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by mbahdi(m): 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
Useless people
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Y0urUncle: 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
I have always said it and will keep saying it. Buhari's govt is very one-sided and it's glaring. It's the north against the world.

Deborah's Killers are still walking freely and are even celebrated.

Repentant bokoharam are pardoned and kitted into the army. Meanwhile, Evans the kidnapper who never killed a soul during his reign is set to be hanged.

Kyari's prosecution would be delayed until it's finally forgotten. Mark my words!

I pity southerners rooting for these guys.

We are better apart.

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Mpcoll001: 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
We shall see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by ipobarecriminals: 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2023
sad Thieves get mouth in Nigeria
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Boogyman557: 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2023
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
Nigeria is where a big man won't be prosecuted for any crime he commits because he knows the person who knows those at the top to bail him out of punishment.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Akonimohate12: 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
This guy still dey Nigeria shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Esales(m): 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
NDLEA has a right to present their case and be heard.
Meanwhile, to dey browse for interesting posts no dey Taya you? Save yourself the stress and time, Join my WhatsApp TV for hilarious content right on WhatsApp. Check my signature for the phone number.
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Aify147(m): 2:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
Can you imagine this tailor.. lol
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by ATLIEN2027: 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
Nothing new.
Nigerian judiciary is a complete Joke.
Even Kanu is saying he can't be prosecuted will the evidence of his terroristic activities.
The judiciary has to be the number problem in Nigeria, a country that cannot prosecute it's criminals will find it very hard to move forward.
I first year law student should be able to prosecute Kanu easily, their are evidence all over the place for easy prosecution. The terrorist is even suing the govt, what a complete joke.
Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Karmaisme(m): 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
Please, waybill the idiot to US to meet his jurors.

Re: NDLEA Can’t Try Me On Drug Trafficking Charge - Abba Kyari Tells Court by Moneyboyz: 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
Big man matter still dey court. If it's a common criminal, he or she would be lavishing in jail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online / Senate Considers Climate Change Bill / PDP Culture Is Inimical To Nigeria's Growth - Donald Duke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.