Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes (22072 Views)

Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / MTN Nigeria Denies CBN Claims On Illegal Repatriation Of $8.1b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by jamace(m): 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
CBN should send its men to various bank ATMs to arrest and fine defaulting banks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Ejiakusmith(m): 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2023
In this corn-tree you don't know whom to be trusted ... Is you said the Government, my brother they the biggest 419 in this land ..... Shebi the other on Nairaland they said police lay siege on Emefiele house at maitama....no CBN begging bank to collect new notes

1 Like

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Peteroluebube: 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2023
nlfpmod:
•Limits withdrawal of new notes to ATMs

•No plan to extend deadline for old notes

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/cbn-weve-been-begging-banks-to-take-new-notes/

Lol, begging banks? Very funny.
Lord have mercy on Nigeria!
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by bigjackass: 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
will ATM also disburse the new 200 naira notes?

1 Like

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by mbahfrankuc(m): 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
You 4 leave the old ones 4 us Oga CBN.
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by bizzibodi(m): 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
How won't goddie beg banks...he who paid d piper dictate d tune...I have never seen such weak & compromised governor before.
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by motionarena: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2023
ATM in lagos still giving out old notes angry
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by blackmantis: 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2023
grin angry grin

Very funny
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by michoim(m): 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kuvasin:
Why should you people be begging the bank. I thought it's under your control?
CBN has seen its worst leadership under Emefiele...
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by iamoyindamola(m): 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
These people are just playing with us
Who is lying now, Banks are still giving out old notes
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by ojoadeola: 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
Neduzze5:
The deadline must not be shifted.

We stick to the deadline.

Vote Peter Obi for President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria come February!!!

As much as it is good for Obi's Presidency actualization. The money is yet to get to the end users. I am yet to get any of the new notes 12 days before the deadline, and I live in the city. How about those who are in rural areas? By the end of next week, everyone will be rejecting the old notes, and the new notes are not in circulation. What will that cause? Anarchy and fights across the country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by blackmantis: 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2023
Calibrator:
End Sars protest will be like child's play if on February 1st, you tell over 200 million citizens that they can't spend the old notes when government is the sole reason for non availability of the new notes.

Dey play... Just dey play!

Shhhh dont loud it......leave them to dey play....just dey play. Make month end reach.

1 Like

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Hagiazomakai: 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2023
0xF0Ed1e1F0A4D7cEa862cdB77c2Fd9A9aa87a8833

God will save j from their hands
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by toujurs: 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2023
Neduzze5:
Obi is the goal.
i swear with my balls grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by spartachico(m): 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
Because majorities of these politicians are big shareholders in these banks
Guyman01:
The banks are working with politicians to force an extention till after the elections
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by CalabarPikin: 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2023
Possible in Nigeria
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
nlfpmod:
•Limits withdrawal of new notes to ATMs

•No plan to extend deadline for old notes

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/cbn-weve-been-begging-banks-to-take-new-notes/

These people are not seriously serious. If CBN is serious, we will know. If CBN mandates that any old note that comes to the bank shall not be paid back or recirculated into the public domain, DMB will sit up and do the needful.

I withdrew via ATM at Access bank this morning and na old note dem pay me.

Well! Make we all dey play kpagoloko. One day we go know say Alfa and how far nor be thy e same.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Lionnation: 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
The new notes are already available but in bulion vans in tinubus house, waiting for election, that is why you are not seeing the new notes in circulation where CBN said they had released enough new bank notes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by waice6571: 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
The truth is Nigerians are okay with the existing currency notes and they see no reason for the discolouration of the affected naira notes hence the reluctantancy in absorbing the new notes as a means of exchange.

People may adjust to it later but the deadline may not work. Commercial banks will sabotage the effort because they are not duly carried along.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by edydeyemi(m): 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
blaquemyc:
Naija matter tire me. I went to GTB atm yesterday to withdraw and na the old notes the machine still dispense. The thing pain well cuz of the transport i wasted, somethin wey i for just jejely use POS for street.
Same here too. To make matters worse, I took out the time to look for a GTB ATM, leaving behind other banks' ATM. I confidently punched in 10k, expecting new notes, only for the ATM machine to dispense some dirty-looking, tear-tear N500 notes. The thing pain me o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Lamanii22(f): 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2023
ekukeku:
panic for person wey get money @ home
But ATM still dey dispense old notes as at yesterday & u said d deadline is January 31st..

D story no too clear
abi o…. I don’t think Jan 31st would work o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Scandium: 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
These guys better sit up
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Angelfrost(m): 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kuvasin:
Why should you people be begging the bank. I thought it's under your control?

Actually, most banks and individuals are clearly hoarding the new notes.

CBN's fault here is enforcement!

When you don't enforce things like laws or rules in this Banana republic, Nigerians will do otherwise, totally disregarding them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Gboom: 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
Austriaopen:
Lies

Everyone should just brace up for the challenges ahead. Don't believe what these public officers and politicians tell you.

Like someone said the other day,only an opposition party can assert any press statement from another party in Nigeria and also,only an NGO or Civil Right Group can assert what the CBN published in the dailies.

They are all criminals. Only God can deliver our country. It's better everyone join the trend or you live to regret it.

Nigeria is never designed to work or become a developed Nation
in the world

Blacks are designed to be slaves to the whites even from the creation of the world except you migrate to Europe , otherwise,you will die in penury.

Brace up guys. I cheer with your challenges.
You have a point.
If Nigerian policies and systems are at work 70%, we will only have few genuine rich men and majority of people will be comfortable like developed world.

Mind you the developed will not like Nigeria to be in their class because they will lose part of their wealth and majority of them are even aiding corrupt men by helping them to keep their loot in their country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Ichabodcrane(m): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
Vixenn:
The thing is ugly abeg, like most Nigerian men
Including your Dad and Brothers�

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by Businessman1986(m): 12:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
jeromestarks:
Very soon, non virgins will be begging men to marry them.

STOP BEING STUPID

1 Like

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by OneCandleAway(f): 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2023
OldNairalander:
Surprised that some people are still willing to die for APC on nairaland, I personally hired a private firm to Investigate the Pro-APC monikers.

I was particularly interested in Kwara that had 56% of pro APC monikers emerging from there alone.

Another interesting thing is that 35% of the 65% are ND holders from Kwara poly and the rest are SSCE and below holders.

Few are university graduates ( 1-10)

Unfortunately, they are all unemployed and under employed.

Also, the investigation showed that they are supporting APC with hope that BAT will pull through Buhari's kind of employment in FG agencies. ( More Northerners in civil service)

Unfortunately when southerners are in power, they don't help uplift their fellow southerners the way the north does. That's when you'll hear, he is not qualified, meanwhile northerners will support their people whether qualified or not.
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by UNUGWA01: 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2023
Big lie. How can a regulator beg the regulated?
Did you beg banks to stop crypto currency transactions?
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by baralatie(m): 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
Believe this cbn at your own risks
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by casppyjay: 12:41pm On Jan 19, 2023
Vixenn:
The thing is ugly abeg, like most Nigerian men

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by BluntCrazeMan: 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2023
Liars Everywhere.!!
Re: CBN Claims They've Been Begging Banks To Take New Naira Notes by adeniyi65(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2023
blaquemyc:
Naija matter tire me, the truth be say big men and politicians don hijack most of the new notes. I went to GTB atm yesterday to withdraw and na the old notes the machine still dispense. The thing pain well cuz of the transport i wasted, somethin wey i for just jejely use POS for street.
Life no hard
Nah you want hold new note
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Made In Aba Goods Get A Global Marketing  boost / Dollar Scarcity Pushes Naira To 352 / We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.