Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,033 members, 7,953,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer (103757 Views)

Nigerian Soccer Star, Olubayo Adefemi Dies In Car Crash / Does The English Premier League Kill Nigerian Soccer Stars Or Make Them. / List Of Nigerian Soccer Players That Back Flip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by 9ja4eva: 6:23am On Mar 09, 2007
I think he used to coach in the United States but doesnt no more.

Finidi George
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by randa(m): 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2007
samson siasia is the national u23 coach, still need info on all the guys i asked, if u were and ardent league man ion the 89-90 you will know them, infact i was about 14 then but dad was always taking me to the staium so i got to know them i wish the glory days can come back so i can take my son to the stadium,
anyone withj info on taofik malik?, sam pam is in jos, sambo choji i heard is in malaysia, pls where can i locate patrick mancha ?
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by 9ja4eva: 4:46am On Mar 14, 2007
lol
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by kitaun(m): 4:48am On Mar 14, 2007
Why d lol?
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by 9ja4eva: 5:27am On Mar 14, 2007
@ Kitaun

Cos hes asking of players i dont even know.Y d question
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by kitaun(m): 9:30am On Mar 14, 2007
U r laffing out loud cos of players he's asking which u dont know? Hmmn . .just to increase ur post count?
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by 9ja4eva: 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2007
Nah Kitaun it did make me laugh u know.Y shld i increase my post count?Kitaun dnt u jst get it?
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by chuckdee4(m): 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2007
Whatever happened to Ruben Agboola? who used to play for the Super Eagles in the 90's, some half cast kid who played in the days of Westerhorff
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by Cyclone5(m): 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2007
Remember James Obiora had a brief tenure in the Super Eagles during the S. Korea/Japan WC but messed up at Spartak Moscow and dropped from view.

My all time hero - Thompson Usiyen! A true playa! I heard he was coaching in the US.
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by segedoo(m): 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2007
isaac semitoje nko?
friday elahor,
even amuneke?

o ga o NIGERIA, the country that uses and dumps her players like crap!!!

joseph dosu nko?
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by Lawijo(m): 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2007
Segedoo,
Thank u my brother, I have been trying to remember that guys name: Amunike. The guy did well at BARCA. But his carrier was brought to an abrupt end by bad knee injury.
Does anyone remember the Olukanni brothers? Femi and Segun Olukanni. Muri Onigbanjo (scoror)
, Okoloba, Raymond King, Lets not forget the goalkeepers,
Cheers guys.
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 15, 2007
this is a good database of naija footballers-past and present www.nigerianplayers.com
u will be suprised the names u find there. Name the player and you will find him there.
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by kaydee(m): 11:59pm On Mar 15, 2007
Eddie Dombraye
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by firewire: 1:10am On Mar 16, 2007
i saw this wicked thread. real good idea; one could use the nostalgia-

how about uwem ekarika, clement temile, [ i think they played with taribo west], david ngodiga, friday elaho!, godwin okpara [who dealt with ronaldo once], humphrey edobor, anosike [who played with kanu & oruma in japan], henry nwosu, philip osondu, chris nwosu, lemmy isa!, andrew aikhomogbe, monday odiaka, chris ohenhen,

how time flies.
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by justin04(m): 1:33am On Mar 16, 2007
HUMPHREY EDOBOR
OKEY ISIMA
THOMPSON USIYEN
MUDA LAWAL

let me stop b4 i give out my age with all these older players from the 80's
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by Akolawole(m): 1:36am On Mar 16, 2007
Muda Lawal is dead

Chris Ohenhen and Emman amunike lives in Spain.

Godwin Okpara is in Prison
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by kitaun(m): 2:20am On Mar 16, 2007
Godwin Opara in prison? What happened?
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by 4Play(m): 2:24am On Mar 16, 2007
Does anyone remember Chikelue Iloenyesi?

His continued invitation the National Team was a source of puzzlement for those who knew him for at the time,he was not playing proffesional football but actually working full time as a car dealer grin
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by boladonas(m): 6:38am On Mar 16, 2007
Remember Tarila "Thriller" Okorowanta
Emma Osigwe, Elastic Elahor, Edobor, Chris Anigala,

Wonderful players!
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by jiggo(m): 9:08am On Mar 16, 2007
@ogbonge
u sure did a good job by bringing up www.nigeriaplayers.com
its so interesting, nostalgic feelings all ova man
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by 1forall: 9:35am On Mar 16, 2007
Well I remember Ademola Adeshina

Also Etim Esin

What happened to Precious Monye?

Remember Leotis Boateng? (he mustve been Ghanian but played in the Nigerian league)

There was this midfielder in our Japan 93 team who was known for his hot shots from range, anyone remember his name?
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by Cyclone5(m): 9:47am On Mar 16, 2007
Whatever happened to Adokie Amesiamaka?
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by Boller: 11:02am On Mar 16, 2007
Has anybody mentioned Adekola, I can't remember his first name again, i think his name Ademola but the guy I'm talking about is elder brother of Late Ireti Adekola of Yoruba moves and his also a friend to Olumide Harris. And another one is Femi Opabunmi.
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by alabiyemmy(m): 11:29am On Mar 16, 2007
Andew Uwe?
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by twinstaiye(m): 1:03pm On Mar 16, 2007
Have we forgotten so soon, Victor Igbinoba, the guy that scored the last goal that finished the Germans in the 1985 U16 Tournament in China? What about their captain, Nduka Ugbade, saw him on TV about 2 weeks ago, the guy Westerhoff denied the chance of making the record of being the first person to play in all FIFA age group competition by denying him a place in the squad of USA 94 Eagles.
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2007
here is the Godwin Okpara story http://nigeriasports.com/2761

im not sure how long he's going to be in prison

a big shame!
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by Abdblues(m): 1:18pm On Mar 16, 2007
@1forall: Perhaps you are talking about Karibe Ojigwe
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by 1forall: 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2007
Yeah thanks abdblues it was Karibe Ojigwe, that guy fired a shot if he had half a chance. Wonder what he's up to now.

Boller I think youre referring to Adeolu Adekola smiley he played for Leventis or Shooting?

Cyclone Adokiye na old man o, he was sport commissioner in rivers state at a time.
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by Cyclone5(m): 8:10pm On Mar 16, 2007
1forall:

Cyclone Adokiye na old man o, he was sport commissioner in rivers state at a time.

I know but he had the sweetest left wing dribble of anyone in the world ever.
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by ireke(m): 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2007
Abeg, make somebody mention Samson Ozogula.
Nduka Ugbade and Bela Momoh of the Golden eaglets 1985
Agboni basket (agbonivbare)
Patrick and Emannuel Okala ( I think Emannuel is late now)
Raymond King.
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by sema(f): 12:09am On Mar 17, 2007
This is from a beautiful new face, Nobody is forgotten, they say out of sight is out of mind. We naigers like good things a lot, but it does not matter if Eto'o comes from Naiger or Cameroon what truly mater's is that He is an African and that makes me even more proud.
Re: Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer by sema(f): 12:16am On Mar 17, 2007
Ireke, those names sounds, kind of, oldschools, dont really mean it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Way Iheanacho Was Begging Musa To Pass The Ball Is Actually Very Funny - Pic / Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time / How To Turn #150 Into #4,000,000 This Weekend + (bet9ja Booking Number)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.