Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) (926 Views)

Armed Soldier Rough Handled In The North (Video, Pictures) / Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt / 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Penguin2: 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGlMD2IHyJE

I will be straight and simple…

Northern voters seem defeated!

Why? They didn’t believe Buhari will fail after all the hope they placed on him.

And to them, right now, they are of the thinking that if Buhari can fail, then there’s no hope. And that’s why they are no longer motivated to vote.

It is what the video above demonstrates. Because majority of those who responded in the video said they will not be voting. This was in Kano. But I can tell you that the mood is the same amongst vast majority of core northerners who had seen Buhari as messiah until he flopped in power.

The implication of this is that the usual millions of votes and high voter turnout usually recorded in this rejoin might not be the same this time around. Which is bad news for the candidates who are hoping to win with the votes of northerners.

Recall that 3 candidates are strongly relying on Northern votes for victory in the upcoming election.

On the contrary however, the south is more than ever motivated to come out en masse and cast their vote. Possibly the highest motivation since 1999.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by duro4chang(m): 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2023
I know the OP is scared. Next month will be interesting. Many of you will cry like Datti. No aparthy anywhere but where you say you dont want erection.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Ireportlive: 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2023
grin

Obi supporters are getting funnier by the day

The people who leads all Zones in New Voters Registration won't vote?!

So why did they register enmase.. atleast the already have NIN as means of ID

From Articulate movement of 2019
To Obidient movement of 2023

You guys never want to face reality

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Ennoloa: 4:29pm On Jan 19, 2023
duro4chang:
I know the OP is scared. Next week will be interesting. Many of you will cry like Datti. No aparthy anywhere but where you say you dont want erection.

When you have to either choose your brother, your cousin or your very best business partner in this form
Kwankwanso —> Brother
Cousin—> Atiku
Close Business Partner that helped your previous brother —>Tinubu

You become really confused

In all 2019 NW polls undecided was very little as all they wanted was Buhari
Currently they have to choose their very close brother, cousin or perfect business partner

Humans naturally would not want to betray their brother over an outsider or business partner
That’s why they have a lot of undecided

Undecided was high in SE & SS in 2019and their turnout was low compared to 2011

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by duro4chang(m): 4:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ennoloa:

When you have to either choose your brother, your cousin or your very best business partner in this form
Kwankwanso —> Brother
Cousin—> Atiku

Currently they have to choose their very close brother, cousin or perfect business partner

Humans naturally would not want to betray their brother over an outsider or business partner

I disagree. Northerners do not joke with politics.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by ibechris(m): 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
duro4chang:
I know the OP is scared. Next month will be interesting. Many of you will cry like Datti. No aparthy anywhere but where you say you dont want erection.

What the writer wrote is not far from the truth.

Let us watch out and see how it turns out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by BlazinGlory40: 4:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
duro4chang:

Guy wake up!
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by duro4chang(m): 4:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
ibechris:

What the writer is not afraid from the truth.

Let us watch out and see how it turns out.
You see how they are coming out for the rallies and you still talk like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by duro4chang(m): 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
BlazinGlory40:

Guy wake up!
Guy go and sleep

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Hoelujohn: 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2023
duro4chang:
Tinubu will win 95% minimum Northern votes

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Heffalump(m): 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2023
Which ever way it comes, Obidient children of God must smile!
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Apophenia24k: 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ennoloa:

Kwankwanso —> Brother
Cousin—> Atiku

You the waste time explain to people who already believe in their imagination... Tinubu is going to win all southwest states because he is a Yoruba but Atiku can't win Northern state because northerners love Tinubu....
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Ennoloa: 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
duro4chang:
I disagree. Northerners do not joke with politics.

I agree with you they don’t joke with politics

Check all the polls conducted apart from SW, NW is the 2nd high undecided

SW undecided is even mainly Christian that have issues with Muslim - Muslim, Media portray of his health and certificate stuff etc if not Tinubu is not a problem in SW

If you see from the things on ground
you agree SE would give Peter Obi 90% vote but SW would give Tinubu at least 70-80% not 90%

Now in the North like NW it’s an issue due to you have 3 Most liked people you want to vote

For some people instead of betraying their brother they might decide not to vote or just keep on following what the media portray
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Ennoloa: 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
Apophenia24k:

You the waste time explain to people who already believe in their imagination... Tinubu is going to win all southwest states because he is a Yoruba but Atiku can't win Northern state because northerners love Tinubu....

Lol… a big waste of time I did

They believe Tinubu to Win Oyo a Strong PDP state at least 70% because it’s their son but Atiku won’t win APC controlled Fulani states
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by OnyeAshuaUru: 5:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
You don't need any official poll to tell you there's going to be high voter apathy among northern Muslims in February. A casual stroll across the streets of Abuja will tell you that only Southerners and Christians are talking about the general election. Muslim northerners are mostly not interested.
A visit to any PVC collection confirms the same thing. The number of Muslim northerners queuing for their PVC is negligible compared to the number of Christians or Southerners.
Another developing fact about this general election is the number of Igbos and Christians outside Igboland that are set to participate. In previous elections, Igbos outside Igboland rarely participated in the electoral process save for the politically conscious few. But February 2023 seems set to present a totally different scenario. Igbos outside Igboland are waiting for the D-day with unmatched eagerness, and they just might end up turning up a higher number than their cousins back home who have to contend with fear and despondency occasioned by the terrorism of Simon Ekpa and his unknown gunmen.
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Penguin2: 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ennoloa:

I agree with you they don’t joke with politics

Check all the polls conducted apart from SW, NW is the 2nd high undecided

SW undecided is even mainly Christian that have issues with Muslim - Muslim, Media portray of his health and certificate stuff etc if not Tinubu is not a problem in SW

If you see from the things on ground
you agree SE would give Peter Obi 90% vote but SW would give Tinubu at least 70-80% not 90%

Now in the North like NW it’s an issue due to you have 3 Most liked people you want to vote

For some people instead of betraying their brother they might decide not to vote or just keep on following what the media portray

You don’t even need to go this technical to explain the likely voter apathy that will be recorded from the north.

In your free time, just go the Facebook page of BBC Hausa and see northerners expressing reluctance towards elections because of Buhari’s failure.

They no longer find the process worthwhile.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Penguin2: 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
OnyeAshuaUru:
You don't need any official poll to tell you there's going to be high voter apathy among northern Muslims in February. A casual stroll across the streets of Abuja will tell you that only Southerners and Christians are talking about the general election. Muslim northerners are mostly not interested.
A visit to any PVC collection confirms the same thing. The number of Muslim northerners queuing for their PVC is negligible compared to the number of Christians or Southerners.
Another developing fact about this general election is the number of Igbos and Christians outside Igboland that are set to participate. In previous elections, Igbos outside Igboland rarely participated in the electoral process save for the politically conscious few. But February 2023 seems set to present a totally different scenario. Igbos outside Igboland are waiting for the D-day with unmatched eagerness, and they just might end up turning up a higher number than their cousins back home who have to contend with fear and despondency occasioned by the terrorism of Simon Ekpa and his unknown gunmen.

These are factors that Tinubu urchins are finding difficult to accept.

Majority of Northerners are not interested in the upcoming election.
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Ennoloa: 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
Penguin2:

You don’t even need to go this technical to explain the likely voter apathy that will be recorded from the north.

In your free time, just go the Facebook page of BBC Hausa and see northerners expressing reluctance towards elections because of Buhari’s failure.

They no longer find the process worthwhile.

� At this point nobody is sure of winning the North with at least 50%

Even before Election 2019 Buhari was sure of 75 % Election came 80%
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by AcetylC: 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
Months ago, before any poll was conducted; I postulated the the North will be hit by massive voter apathy, while the south will turn up like in 2011. Some people have not come to terms with the level of dissatisfaction Buhari's presidency has triggered amongst Northerners. News has been agog of many of them selling PVC (unfortunately BVAS will check that). Whoever wins South and NC, wins 2023. Bookmark this.
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by OnyeAshuaUru: 5:46pm On Jan 19, 2023
Penguin2:

They are not interested at all!
My auntie lives among Northern Muslims, and normally as election is approaching like this they would be packing their bags in readiness to travel to the village. But this year, my auntie is not only planning to vote but is audaciously preaching the gospel of a new Nigeria with Peter Obi to her Hausa customers.
Before, it was only our parents in the village that voted during elections. But this year, it's those of us outside home that have been pestering my mom about preparing to vote. It's not difficult to see that everything is turning around for the good of Peter Obi and the Labour Party this election season.
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by ItsTutsi(m): 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
60% of new registered are northerners.. this is just ur wishful thinking and what ur hoping for

The north is as ever motivated to vote
Penguin2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGlMD2IHyJE

I will be straight and simple…

Northern voters seem defeated!

Why? They didn’t believe Buhari will fail after all the hope they placed on him.

And to them, right now, they are of the thinking that if Buhari can fail, then there’s no hope. And that’s why they are no longer motivated to vote.

It is what the video above demonstrates. Because majority of those who responded in the video said they will not be voting. This was in Kano. But I can tell you that the mood is the same amongst vast majority of core northerners who had seen Buhari as messiah until he flopped in power.

The implication of this is that the usual millions of votes and high voter turnout usually recorded in this rejoin might not be the same this time around. Which is bad news for the candidates who are hoping to win with the votes of northerners.

Recall that 3 candidates are strongly relying on Northern votes for victory in the upcoming election.

On the contrary however, the south is more than ever motivated to come out en masse and cast their vote. Possibly the highest motivation since 1999.

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by garfield1: 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2023
Penguin2:

The nw/ne turnout will still surpass se/ss

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Rapuru14: 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ireportlive:
grin

Obi supporters are getting funnier by the day

The people who leads all Zones in New Voters Registration won't vote?!

So why did they register enmase.. atleast the already have NIN as means of ID

From Articulate movement of 2019
To Obidient movement of 2023

You guys never want to face reality

Urchin I know you talk without facts.

Even INEC observed the apathy during the CVR
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Penguin2: 11:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
OnyeAshuaUru:

They are not interested at all!
My auntie lives among Northern Muslims, and normally as election is approaching like this they would be packing their bags in readiness to travel to the village. But this year, my auntie is not only planning to vote but is audaciously preaching the gospel of a new Nigeria with Peter Obi to her Hausa customers.
Before, it was only our parents in the village that voted during elections. But this year, it's those of us outside home that have been pestering my mom about preparing to vote. It's not difficult to see that everything is turning around for the good of Peter Obi and the Labour Party this election season.

Lol!

Urchins don’t know what’s going on.
Re: 2023: Why There Will Be Voter Apathy In The North. (video) by Penguin2: 11:58pm On Jan 19, 2023
AcetylC:
Months ago, before any poll was conducted; I postulated the the North will be hit by massive voter apathy, while the south will turn up like in 2011. Some people have not come to terms with the level of dissatisfaction Buhari's presidency has triggered amongst Northerners. News has been agog of many of them selling PVC (unfortunately BVAS will check that). Whoever wins South and NC, wins 2023. Bookmark this.

QED

(1) (Reply)

Did Kwankwaso Step Down For Atiku / The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel / ATIKU Made The Greatest Mistake Of His Political Career In 2015. See My Reasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.