Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel (918 Views)

How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) / Emmanuel Ifeajuna Tried To Clean The Mess By Killing Ojukwu And Gowon / Ifeajuna Nzeogwu Coup Is Just Too One Sided - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Akatsuki1(f): 8:00am On Mar 12, 2023
Born in Onitsha,[3] he attended Dennis Memorial Grammar School in his home town and displayed the characteristics that would later define his life. He trained in the high jump under his games teacher,[4] and he also took part in a protest that closed down the school for a term. He graduated from high school in 1951.[5] Ilesa Grammar School also claims him as a past alumnus.[6] This is disputed, although he did do summer school teaching at the institution

1966 Nigerian coup D'état

15 January 1966, when mutinous Nigerian soldiers led by Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu and Emmanuel Ifeajuna killed 22 people[4] including the Prime Minister of Nigeria, many senior politicians, many senior Army officers (including their wives), and sentinels on protective duty.[5][6] The coup plotters attacked the cities of Kaduna, Ibadan, and Lagos while also blockading the Niger and Benue River within a two-day span of time before the coup plotters were subdued. The General Officer Commanding the Nigerian Army, Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi, was compelled to take control of the government of a country in upheaval, inadvertently putting Nigeria's nascent democracy on hold.[7] His ascendancy to power was deemed a conspiracy by the coup plotters, who were mainly Igbo officers, to pave the way for General Aguiyi-Ironsi to be Head of State of Nigeria. Consequently, the retaliatory events by Northern members of the Nigerian Army that led to deaths of many innocent Igbo soldiers and civilians caused the Nigerian Civil War.[citation needed]

2 Likes

Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Akatsuki1(f): 8:00am On Mar 12, 2023
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by AnyanwuSilas: 8:33am On Mar 12, 2023
Yoruba Muslims and their propaganda as usual, keep twisting history.

4 Likes

Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by mind1225: 9:09am On Mar 12, 2023
Ok
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Akatsuki1(f): 10:45am On Mar 12, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:

If I'm lying, prove me wrong
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by tishbite42: 10:54am On Mar 12, 2023
Afonja dog on heat
You can do better
Adewale Ademoyega has written the truth
Why We Struck

2 Likes

Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Akatsuki1(f): 11:16am On Mar 12, 2023
tishbite42:
Afonja dog on heat
You can do better
Adewale Ademoyega has written the truth
Why We Struck

You and your tribes men are the bane of Nigeria. You did it in the past, and you're repeating. Obi came to divide Nigeria. Inciting animosity between clans men with cheap brain washing. For your info, I know Igbo too well; their greed, desperation and
treasonous ways will never allow them rule this country

1 Like

Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by AnyanwuSilas: 11:40am On Mar 12, 2023
Akatsuki1:

If I'm lying, prove me wrong

Did you present any prove that will warrant me to prove you wrong?
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Akatsuki1(f): 11:54am On Mar 12, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:

Did you present any prove that will warrant me to prove you wrong?

SMH..
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by MrBiGGEST(m): 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2023
Let's Hear from both sides!!
Igbo's believed the coup was unseccesful and just ment to change the poor leadership of that time'
&
The North believes the coup was a success and made by Igbos to take over Nigerian. hence the second retaliation coup
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Psalmistproject: 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2023
Do you even know how coup is conceived?

Two people can't pull off a coup anywhere in the world let alone multi ethnic Nigeria.

When a coup is being planned, soldiers on the same rank simply identifies key oppositions both from higher and lower ranks and mark them for elimination or confinement.

If they allow any of the marked oppositions live or couldn't confine them, then their game is over.

If at all they deliberately planned n't kill oppositions from igbos then why would they stake their lives to an endeavor that is suicidal From the planning stage.

So it doesn't even make sense that some ignoramuses will presume the coup plotters deliberately spared Igbo principalities knowing those Igbo principalities will ask for their heads immediately after the coup that's a classical military doctrine. In coup you must clean up targets completely or go for it.

By the way, you idiots voted for Buhari that exacted another coup toppling Nigeria's democratic government of segun shagari and threw the country into darkness and till today, nobody is talking about it. So coup is good for Buhari but not ifeajuna?

And after that, coup after coup even after the civil war that the igbos are all displaced away from the Nigerian Military. The Nigerian Military now comprised mostly of northerners keep wrecking coup on themselves from one regime to another.

So you guys should stop all this nonsense talk born out stark ignorance and foolery.
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by amuwo1980: 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:
How? Those are the facts above , they wanted to be faster than everyone else and carried out a coup no body asked them to and plunged igbos and Nigeria into the abyss. Without that coup there will be no buhari, obasanjo, tinubu , hope uzodinma, tinubu and there would have been more of mbakwe, awolowo,fashola Rodes , jakunda, authentic business Leaders
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by gidgiddy: 12:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
Akatsuki1:

You and your tribes men are the bane of Nigeria. You did it in the past, and you're repeating. Obi came to divide Nigeria. Inciting animosity between clans men with cheap brain washing. For your info, I know Igbo too well; their greed, desperation and
treasonous ways will never allow them rule this country

All the more reason Nigeria should grant Igbos referendum so they can go their way

But as soon Igbo talk about going their way, you Nigerians will be ready to fight war
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Akatsuki1(f): 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

All the more reason Nigeria should grant Igbos referendum so they can go their way

But as soon Igbo talk about going their way, you Nigerians will ready fight war

Say that to your elites, that are blinded with greed and in some sense smart. They are aware of the political and economical struggle the east will plunged into if they secede
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by gidgiddy: 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2023
Akatsuki1:

Say that to your elites, that are blinded with greed and in some sense smart. They are aware of the political and economical struggle the east will plunged into if they secede

If Igbos survived when there was no Nigeria, they will survive after Nigeria ends

Let us all stop deceiving our selves with this unworkable British colonial contraption called Nigeria. Let us all admit that the country has failed, shake hands and go our seperate ways

Its better than being in Nigeria and fighting each other forever

1 Like

Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Akatsuki1(f): 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

If Igbos survived when there was no Nigeria, they will survive after Nigeria ends

Let us all stop deceiving our selves with this unworkable British colonial contraption called Nigeria. Let us all admit that the country has failed, shake hands and go our seperate ways

Its better than being in Nigeria and fighting each other forever

Affirmative 🤝🏽

1 Like

Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Difrent: 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
Psalmistproject:
Do you even know how coup is conceived?

Two people can't pull off a coup anywhere in the world let alone multi ethnic Nigeria.

When a coup is being planned, soldiers on the same rank simply identifies key oppositions both from higher and lower ranks and mark them for elimination or confinement.

If they allow any of the marked oppositions live or couldn't confine them, then their game is over.

If at all they deliberately planned n't kill oppositions from igbos then why would they stake their lives to an endeavor that is suicidal From the planning stage.

So it doesn't even make sense that some ignoramuses will presume the coup plotters deliberately spared Igbo principalities knowing those Igbo principalities will ask for their heads immediately after the coup that's a classical military doctrine. In coup you must clean up targets completely or go for it.

By the way, you idiots voted for Buhari that exacted another coup toppling Nigeria's democratic government of segun shagari and threw the country into darkness and till today, nobody is talking about it. So coup is good for Buhari but not ifeajuna?

And after that, coup after coup even after the civil war that the igbos are all displaced away from the Nigerian Military. The Nigerian Military now comprised mostly of northerners keep wrecking coup on themselves from one regime to another.

So you guys should stop all this nonsense talk born out stark ignorance and foolery.

So why were igbo leaders spared?
Like i do say....if i were igbo i would feel exactly the same way igbos feel
But also if i were not igbo i will also feel the way other Nigerians feel about the igbo and the coup. How can no single igbo leader be killed in a coup carried out by 80% igbos...that massacred the leaders of other regions.....its too close for coincidence

1 Like

Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by RZArecta(m): 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:
anytime these useless agbado îmbecile tribal bigots smell southern unity especially amongst the youths, they dig up Ifeajuna and the "66 coup. What baffled the useless nincompoops this period is that their campaign of calumny against Gbadebo Rhodes and igbo people was strongly resisted by mostly Yorubas and enlightened leaders of thought. Agbado îmbeciles are terrorists cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Akatsuki1(f): 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2023
RZArecta:
anytime these useless agbado îmbecile tribal bigots smell southern unity especially amongst the youths, they dig up Ifeajuna and the "66 coup. What baffled the useless nincompoops this period is that their campaign of calumny against Gbadebo Rhodes and igbo people was strongly resisted by mostly Yorubas and enlightened leaders of thought. Agbado îmbeciles are terrorists cool

Have you forgotten what the ibos did to Major Isaac Boro Adaka and you proudly identify as an ijaw
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by RZArecta(m): 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2023
Akatsuki1:

Have you forgotten what the ibos did to Major Isaac Boro Adaka and you proudly identify as an ijaw
agbado îmbecile, you know nothing about the history you talk about and you have no bloody right to tell me who to keep grudges with or not. You're too dense for that privilege
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Psalmistproject: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
Difrent:

So why were igbo leaders spared?
Like i do say....if i were igbo i would feel exactly the same way igbos feel
But also if i were not igbo i will also feel the way other Nigerians feel about the igbo and the coup. How can no single igbo leader be killed in a coup carried out by 80% igbos...that massacred the leaders of other regions.....its too close for coincidence

Go and read up the accounts of other coconspirators. The coup was purely political. Apart from zik, who else among igbos held a high political office in the country that can raise a voice a curry supports? So you can see where the list could not balance as it should.

Don't forget o, zik was even the president then. So, how can you claim igbos want to take over and already they are fairing well under the Democratic rule headed by zik?

For your information, zik was fortunate because he was not even in the country that day. It's on record that the coup plotters were inexperienced. It was ojukwu and ironsi they couldn't kill that foiled their plan.

Credible reports have it that those listed to be eliminated were only 8 and 4 of them were foreign member supposed to be imprisoned. An army officer who participated in the coup Adewale also affirmed this. Other deaths that followed were as a result of collateral damage.

Now if after six months, the north started a genocide both in the military and on the streets killing 100s of Igbo army officers and thousands of civilians. They even murdered ironsi the head of state, throw the country into civil war then what else are you pointing out the Coup for?

Igbos were the major loosers as a result of the coup even though they were the ones that foiled. If the coup was successful, nzeogwu and his gang will take over. But ojukwu and ironsi immediately stood their ground.
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Paretomaster1(m): 3:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

But as soon Igbo talk about going their way, you Nigerians will ready fight war
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Johnjustice: 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2023
Igbo man was first president, Azikiwe, yet just 3 years after his presidency, igbos killed Northern democratically elected president, shouting marginalisation, just 3 year?

This shows their love for chaos, and disruptive nature. Igbos caused the hate we witness in Nigeria today.

1 Like

Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Akatsuki1(f): 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2023
RZArecta:
agbado îmbecile, you know nothing about the history you talk about and you have no bloody right to tell me who to keep grudges with or not. You're too dense for that privilege

You must always defend your slave master.
Awon slave
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by RZArecta(m): 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
Akatsuki1:

You must always defend your slave master.
Awon slave
your useless mother is a slave
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by Akatsuki1(f): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2023
RZArecta:
your useless mother is a slave

Your wife
Re: The Man Called Ifeajuna Emmanuel by RZArecta(m): 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2023
Akatsuki1:

Your wife
I'm specific about your mother and even that useless great grand mother you have. Your stupidity is genetic sir

(1) (Reply)

2023: We Watched A CRIME SCENE Not Elections, International Election Observers / Orji Kalu Should Be Next Senate President, Will Be Loyal To Tinubu – FFK / Benue Gov Elect, Fr Alia Visits President Elect Bola Tinubu At Defence House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.