Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,254 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare (532 Views)

Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom / Kano People Refused To Welcome Tinubu After Collecting Our Money - APC Chieftain / See APC Receipt For 2023 Nomination Form After Collecting N100M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by Supersdotng: 6:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
An Enugu Magistrate court has reportedly granted the sum of N150,000 in damages to a man in his suit against a lady who breached an agreement.

The shocking tale was shared on the microblogging platform, Twitter by a user who identified as a Nupe lawyer who said the magistrate awarded damages against the lady to serve as a deterrent.

According to the lawyer, the woman had received N3,000 as transport fare on the premise that she would visit, but she failed to show up.

The guy then took her to court for receiving money under false pretenses, and the chief magistrate ordered her to give him N150k. The petitioner informed the judge that she turned off her phone after receiving the money he had provided.

The lawyer wrote;

“A court in Enugu has reportedly set a good precedent by awarding damages of 150k against a lady. She was given 3k as transport fare to visit a guy and after collecting the money, she switched off her phone and refused to visit him. Infuriated by her action, he reported and sued her for deceit.”

SOURCE

https://supers.ng/court-orders-lady-to-pay-man-for-refusing-to-show-up-after-collecting-n3k-fare/

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by Jashub: 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
Nice. We need to see more of this .

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by habsydiamond(m): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ladies wey don turn 419 go stop to dey loyal upon seeing something like this. 3k to pay 150k that's like use one pay 50.. I like that mehn.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by BloomingDale(f): 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by SmartPolician: 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2023
I smell lies! The difference between what the guy gave the lady (3k) and the damages against the lady (150k) is huge. The poster is probably seeking attention.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by Zonefree(m): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
Girls like Siofra, Jennyclay, Persephone1, and Candidlady will soon be jailed going by this precedent.

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by sweetonugbu: 7:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by BloomingDale(f): 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
Zonefree:
Girls like Siofra, Jennyclay, Persephone1, and Candidlady will soon be jailed going by this precedent.

People like those are normally very straightforward and honest.

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
BloomingDale:

People like those are normally very straightforward and honest.
Lol... don't mind Zonefree, he is only trying to bring me out of my crib. He miss my comments but he is too proud to accept it. grin

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by agulion: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
But I collected 3k for Tinubu rally in kwara but didn't not go, Tinubu is bringing shame and disgrace to we the SW people

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2023
SmartPolician:
I smell lies! The difference between what the guy gave the lady (3k) and the damages against the lady (150k) is huge. The poster is probably seeking attention.
Lol... were you expecting the court to order her to pay 3k back? grin grin

She breached an agreement , caused emotional harm and participated in fraud ( her action is fraudulent) . Perfect judgement if you ask me. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by kenedyx: 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2023
Why send a girl transport to come and meet you? Asin I don't get the rationale behind this.

When you can just pick her up?
Abi na olosho matters ..

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by MrEverest(m): 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2023
Very good judgement grin
This should serve as a serious warning to other would be offenders grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Lady To Pay Man For Refusing To Show Up After Collecting N3k Fare by Mynd44: 6:41am On Jan 20, 2023

1 Like

(1)

New Naira Notes: Emiefele Is An Economic Terrorist / Early Pictures Of Apc Presidential Campaign In Abuja Yesterday / Apc Agents Are Now Calling People Offering Them Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.