Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

My Landlady Has Refused To Fix The Borehole - Can I Reduce My 1yr Rentage To Six - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Landlady Has Refused To Fix The Borehole - Can I Reduce My 1yr Rentage To Six (453 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? / Father And Mother Abandon Six Children For Landlady, Go Their Separate Ways (vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlady Has Refused To Fix The Borehole - Can I Reduce My 1yr Rentage To Six by hilltop007(m): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
I rented my apartment 2 months ago for 250k. Few days after parking in, i discovered that the pumping machine in the house is faulty. Two weeks ago, the machine went down and we haven't had water ever since.

I wasn't told about the water challenges in the house prior to payment. Now the landlady is not serious about fixing or buying a new pumping machine. She has been blaming the old tenants for the condition of the machine.

Please i need advice, i have not had a good bath for weeks now. Is it possible to get a lawyer that will facilitate reduction of my rentage to six months and refund of half of the payment?Thanks.
Re: My Landlady Has Refused To Fix The Borehole - Can I Reduce My 1yr Rentage To Six by Lightmykpoli: 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2023
If you are not paying service charge for water, fix the machine or buy a new one and enjoy your water.

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Has Refused To Fix The Borehole - Can I Reduce My 1yr Rentage To Six by Nazgul: 8:50pm On Jan 19, 2023
As long as she's not living in that house, she wouldn't spend a dime to fix anything that damages there cos according to her, everything was perfect when she finished the building, so if tenants damage anything, tenants (not her) should fix it. I've encountered such landlords before.

If you want your water problems to end, I'll suggest you just close eye and fix it with your co-tenants, when you're done, send her the total cost. If she has conscience, she might reimburse you guys a token, if she doesn't, you can console yourselves with the fact that you now have running water.

7 Likes

Re: My Landlady Has Refused To Fix The Borehole - Can I Reduce My 1yr Rentage To Six by Flora2Sweet: 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
Fix it and gave peace of mind
Re: My Landlady Has Refused To Fix The Borehole - Can I Reduce My 1yr Rentage To Six by Meandmycrew(f): 9:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
Oga fix the pumping machine and enjoy your new house, but if you choose to wait for your landlord you might not have a good bath for the next 1 year.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlady Has Refused To Fix The Borehole - Can I Reduce My 1yr Rentage To Six by mastermaestro(m): 11:56pm On Jan 19, 2023
Nazgul:
As long as she's not living in that house, she wouldn't spend a dime to fix anything that damages there cos according to her, everything was perfect when she finished the building, so if tenants damage anything, tenants (not her) should fix it. I've encountered such landlords before.

If you want your water problems to end, I'll suggest you just close eye and fix it with your co-tenants, when you're done, send her the total cost. If she has conscience, she might reimburse you guys a token, if she doesn't, you can console yourselves with the fact that you now have running water.

We had this same challenge where I live sometime last year. We contributed and fixed it because the landlady doesn't live here with us. Interestingly, when the problem first arose, others suggested we contact her to foot the bill. But I told them I found it illogical that she be made responsible for a piece of equipment that got bad in our care.

Anyway they still went ahead and called her. Trust me, she told them exactly what I had said to them. grin

I think we should all learn to take care of what benefits us directly even if we do not own it personally. Harvest day will come. sad

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Has Refused To Fix The Borehole - Can I Reduce My 1yr Rentage To Six by Foodqueen(f): 6:10am On Jan 20, 2023
Fix it.
Re: My Landlady Has Refused To Fix The Borehole - Can I Reduce My 1yr Rentage To Six by frozen70(f): 6:20am On Jan 20, 2023
hilltop007:
I rented my apartment 2 months ago for 250k. Few days after parking in, i discovered that the pumping machine in the house is faulty. Two weeks ago, the machine went down and we haven't had water ever since.

I wasn't told about the water challenges in the house prior to payment. Now the landlady is not serious about fixing or buying a new pumping machine. She has been blaming the old tenants for the condition of the machine.

Please i need advice, i have not had a good bath for weeks now. Is it possible to get a lawyer that will facilitate reduction of my rentage to six months and refund of half of the payment?Thanks.

That one year rent you paid is already used by the landlord

You dont need to cause issues with the landlord because you don't know the previous issues he had with the tenants before you pack in

I think you guys can visit him and dialogue with him in a mannered way

Besides you cab buy water from the water vendors for the time being

Dont allow the tenants to push you and use your head to face the landlord

Lastly you are not the only one there so don't act as if it's worst on you

If you can't cope, leave there after your rent expires

Some houses doesn't have water yet they pay same rent

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Has Refused To Fix The Borehole - Can I Reduce My 1yr Rentage To Six by albanikeh001: 9:54am On Jan 20, 2023
Bro, If u can afford it, go to arena oshodi and buy 1•5 horse power pump. It sells for 50k. Get a plumber and technician to fix the water issue. All in all, 80k should sort the whole expenses. However, before you start anything, have a written agreement in the presence of a witness or lawyer which states that whenever you are leaving her house, you are to go with you pumping matching. Simple.

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Partner Or Kid Having Smelling Mouth? / This Is Taking My Health And My Life / Elepaq Senwei Generator For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.