Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Tier 1 General Higly Skilled Application In Abuja Refused: I Need Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tier 1 General Higly Skilled Application In Abuja Refused: I Need Help! (1317 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tier 1 General Higly Skilled Application In Abuja Refused: I Need Help! by OmoTier1(m): 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2010
I really need your help!
I applied for Tier 1 General Highly Skilled Visas in March 2010 and the application was refused. I realised that the ECO used the new immigration rules to assess my application aganst "previous earnings" and awarded me 5points instead of the 25points which I claimed. He agreed the evidences I submitted where geniue and in line with the rules. He also awarded me 0 Points under "Maintenance Funds", claiming I did not have enough money between certain dates. Meanwhile I have money in the account I submitted covering 3-MONTHS CALENDER DAYS!.

He specifically selected a random 3-Months Period ( on the bank statement I submitted for my proof of "previous earnings"wink before the date  I submitted my application and used that to assess me, ignoring all other days that could make up for 3-months with the money in the account above £2,800. To crown it all, He claimed I had overstayed in the UK!

I sent in an administrative review request in May 2010 and last week, 10th of June, I got the decision of the Administrative reviewer. He upturn two of the other decisions but refused my application claiming I did not have enough money in the account for Maintenance funds. When I read the whole comments, I realised that He didnot use the Bank Statements I submitted for "Proof of Maintenance Funds"  to assess my me, instead He used the Bank statements I submitted for my proof of "Previous Earnings" - same thing the ECO did!. He did not even mention anything about the Bank statements I submitted for my proof of "Maintenance Funds" which had money in it above £2,800 for 3-months.- STRANGELY, THIS STATEMENT WHICH I SUBMITTED AS PROOF OF MAINTENANCE FUNDS FOR 3-MONTHS WAS RETURNED ALONG WITH MY APPLICATION PACK BY THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION ABUJA WHEN THEY RETURNED MY APPLICATION BACK TO ME!

Now I do not know wht to do as I am only entitled to ONE administrative review! Please can someone help me with any useful information as to what other step I can take. I am considering sending a request letter to the British High Commission, Abuja (where my application was considered) to ask them to lunch an investigation into the way my documents and application was handled. I know for sure that I met all the points before I applied and all my documents were complete as the even verified them at their submission centre in Ikeja before they asked me to go and pay for the visa fees!
Re: Tier 1 General Higly Skilled Application In Abuja Refused: I Need Help! by dancewith: 6:26pm On Jun 15, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

I really need your help!
I applied for Tier 1 General Highly Skilled Visas in March 2010 and the application was refused. I realised that the ECO used the new immigration rules to assess my application aganst "previous earnings" and awarded me 5points instead of the 25points which I claimed. He agreed the evidences I submitted where geniue and in line with the rules. He also awarded me 0 Points under "Maintenance Funds", claiming I did not have enough money between certain dates. Meanwhile I have money in the account I submitted covering 3-MONTHS CALENDER DAYS!.

He specifically selected a random 3-Months Period ( on the bank statement I submitted for my proof of "previous earnings"wink before the date I submitted my application and used that to assess me, ignoring all other days that could make up for 3-months with the money in the account above £2,800. To crown it all, He claimed I had overstayed in the UK!

I sent in an administrative review request in May 2010 and last week, 10th of June, I got the decision of the Administrative reviewer. He upturn two of the other decisions but refused my application claiming I did not have enough money in the account for Maintenance funds. When I read the whole comments, I realised that He didnot use the Bank Statements I submitted for "Proof of Maintenance Funds" to assess my me, instead He used the Bank statements I submitted for my proof of "Previous Earnings" - same thing the ECO did!. He did not even mention anything about the Bank statements I submitted for my proof of "Maintenance Funds" which had money in it above £2,800 for 3-months.- STRANGELY, THIS STATEMENT WHICH I SUBMITTED AS PROOF OF MAINTENANCE FUNDS FOR 3-MONTHS WAS RETURNED ALONG WITH MY APPLICATION PACK BY THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION ABUJA WHEN THEY RETURNED MY APPLICATION BACK TO ME!

Now I do not know wht to do as I am only entitled to ONE administrative review! Please can someone help me with any useful information as to what other step I can take. I am considering sending a request letter to the British High Commission, Abuja (where my application was considered) to ask them to lunch an investigation into the way my documents and application was handled. I know for sure that I met all the points before I applied and all my documents were complete as the even verified them at their submission centre in Ikeja before they asked me to go and pay for the visa fees!

Very sorry to hear this. Quite a sad and distressing thing for you!

The best option I can think of is to RE-APPLY
When doing that, write a letter, CLEARLY stating how they bungled the previous application. Be polite and very clear. Underline/bold the areas of major errors by the ECO

Finally, your life will not start and end in the UK. If they say no, move on

NB: What gave rise to the overstaying thing you mentioned but never concluded?
Re: Tier 1 General Higly Skilled Application In Abuja Refused: I Need Help! by OmoTier1(m): 7:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
Thank you for your reply, I never over stayed in th UK at any point in time! The ECO out of thin air alleged that I over stayed. The administrative reviewer did upturn that decision anyway and He said that should never have been used to refuse the application in the first place.

I find it strange the way the application has been handled! Is there no other channel I can use to express my grieviances? Besides, I would be honest with you I am not all despirate to go to the UK, but I am furious at this act of criminality being carried out by the UKBA staff in Abuja! I have read so many of their wicked acts on the internet before and I thought they have changed overtime, but no it appears they haven't!
Re: Tier 1 General Higly Skilled Application In Abuja Refused: I Need Help! by tunnytox(m): 12:18am On Jun 16, 2010
UKBA staffs in Nigeria are pants, pls follow dancewith's advice its your only best option.
Best of luck next time
Re: Tier 1 General Higly Skilled Application In Abuja Refused: I Need Help! by Vicjustice: 12:50am On Jun 16, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

Thank you for your reply, I never over stayed in th UK at any point in time! The ECO out of thin air alleged that I over stayed. The administrative reviewer did upturn that decision anyway and He said that should never have been used to refuse the application in the first place.

I find it strange the way the application has been handled! Is there no other channel I can use to express my grieviances? Besides, I would be honest with you I am not all despirate to go to the UK, but I am furious at this act of criminality being carried out by the UKBA staff in Abuja! I have read so many of their wicked acts on the internet before and I thought they have changed overtime, but no it appears they haven't!
   Those who know something about the UK embassy will surely agree with Dancewith's suggestion, hence i should also encourage you to spare the energy that you intend to use for expressing your "grievances" over their "criminality" and channel it toward your new application.
  You don't seem to realise that these guys are done with you and your failed application, and that no matter what emails or telephone correspondence you make, it would only be as good as watering a dead plant.
  Make a fresh application and do just what Dancewith said.

(1) (Reply)

Burkina Faso Passport.. / First Photographs From Inside Wrecked San Francisco Plane As Black Box Reveals / Life As A Nigerian Teen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.