Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Taking Nigerian Literature To Greater Heights - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Taking Nigerian Literature To Greater Heights (1291 Views)

Story: Taking Chances / Literature To Nigerian Leaders. / How Can I Use Literature To Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taking Nigerian Literature To Greater Heights by Orikinla(m): 11:20am On Aug 28, 2007
I am taking the appreciation of Nigerian literature to greater heights online and I started with the most prolific Nigerian adventure novelist, Bisi Ojediran, by creating blogs for three of his novels. Because, every enlightened writer knows that you have to increase your mileage to increase the patronage of your writings. Blogs are great tools for the appreciation of literature.

As I always say, spread your wings wider and you will fly higher.
The word makes the world go round.

Amazon is the best in making use of the latest tools in the media to promote literature as there are videos of many writers on Amazon, talking about their books and their inspiration, motivation and aspiration.

Most of the writers in Nigeria are ignorant of the awesome benefits of the Internet.
We have done a workshop on the writer and the Internet, but most of them still prefer being left in the 20th century. And that has not helped the advancement of Nigerian literature. As Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie stressed that she would have been lagging behind if she stayed back in Nigeria. Look at her Half of a Yellow Sun website.
The website increased the mileage and patronage of her novel and she made history by becoming the youngest winner of the Orange Prize for fiction. She spent some money and quality time on her website. And Chris Abani has a similar active website.
The Nigerian writers with websites are more popular and advancing faster than those without any blog or website.

Over 35 million Nigerians use the GSM mobile phones and will soon be surfing the net from their mobile phones, 24/7 and watching videos as well.
Nigeria is not going to be left out in the next dotcom boom.
The Google boom era is here with the YouTube revolution.

I am already showing syndicated video news with commercial adverts on four of my blogs and one of my major websites and I have the access to show my own news and other programmes 24/7. And I have inserted the news of my writings in the programme.
I am now about to begin live broadcast online.
I am going to broadcast news live from Eagle Square in Abuja for millions of people to watch on my news blogs and websites!
I am ready to reach where the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) cannot reach.
NTA has over 35 million viewers and my NTI-TV will be more attractive than NTA.
My live newscasters are more attractive in looks and with Sky News diction in broadcasting news and features. And I am going to pay them more than what NTA is paying newscasters.
I am going to pay them in dollars.
My feasibility report shows that  a video news blog can even make enough money to pay web newscasters up to $7, 000 monthly.

Nigerian writers and artists can be shown live, talking about their works.
In fact, I am working on paying selected Nigerian writers and artists for interviews unlike Nigerian newspapers and magazines.

I share in the revenues from all the adverts shown on the video news broadcast on all my sites. And from these financial dividends, I shall pay the writers and artists for interviews and selected stories. Because, it is only rational to pay those who supply the content you are using to make money.

I will not upload any video on YouTube until Google says how much contributors would be paid for their content. Anyway, who need to be on YouTube, when you can have your own cinema online.

You have got the power God has given you!
Take it and use it wisely for the glory of God and benefit of humankind.
Jesus Christ said that nobody lights a candle and keeps it under the bushel, but you put it on the candle stick for the light to shine in the whole room.
Go and learn lessons from His parables of the Talents and the Sower.
The foolish and unfaithful servant went to bury the talent the master gave him and did not increase.
And as my mentor Dr. Mike Murdock said, go to where you are celebrated and not where you are tolerated. So, you must know where and how to sow the precious seeds God has given you.
God has given everyone gifts or talents.

A popular American blog with recorded video news makes over $5, 000 daily from adverts, because of the popularity. Advertisers rush to advertise on the blog to reach millions of visitors visiting the blog. They pay as much as $1, 000 daily for banner adverts on the homepage of the blog. And he rotates up to 7 banners pay day, plus the text link adverts.
If a top Insurance company in the UK can pay me $150 for a text link advert, then how much will top American companies pay one of the most popular American blogs? The, he places more image adverts on the sidebars.

Lest you forget, I am still a Nigerian artist and writer.
I am only making use of the Internet to take Nigerian literature to greater heights and if I make $150, 000 monthly from the video and image adverts on my site, to the Almighty God be all the glory for giving me the power to make wealth from the WORD.
For the WORD rules the WORLD.

Go and ask Bill Gates and the Gs at Google.
Re: Taking Nigerian Literature To Greater Heights by const6(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2007
Beautiful write up, I am thrilled!

How can we make these things come to pass? Whats your web address?

I pray you achieve this soon and who knows i might turn out to be one of your interviewed writers. That go become money na, as you talk.

Cheers
Re: Taking Nigerian Literature To Greater Heights by Orikinla(m): 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2007
Const,
God has already given me all the provisions and I am very grateful to Him.

I will commence the video interviews of the selected Nigerian writers soon.
I have over 26 years professional experience in TV production. And from independent productions on the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Channel 10 to DBN TV in Lagos, I have had a successful career as a producer. I am going higher now to produce films.

God makes all things possible for those who believe in Him. And I do, heart and soul.
I am His story.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Contact Cel-bez Publishers In Owerri? / Please Where Can I Get TED Dekker's Books Online / "Kamalu" —A Short Story By Odumchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.