Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,784 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers (19982 Views)

PDP Crisis: Atiku Rejects Bid To Substitute Okowa For Wike As Running Mate / Stop MC Oluomo From Becoming Oba Of Oshodi: Olushi Onigbesa Family Begs Governor / 17 PDP Lawmakers Supported Ahmed Lawan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Islie: 6:05pm On Jan 20, 2023
Delta APC Federal Lawmaker, Waive, Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To Colleagues In PDP

The All Progressives Congress (APC) member representing Ughelli North, Ughelli South, Udu federal constituency of Delta state in the House Of Representatives, Francis Ejiroghene Waive is said to have begged the state governor, Ifeanyi Okowa for a Toyota Land Cruiser (SUV) termed 'operational' car.

Okowa is also the vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

SaharaReporters gathered that out of the 10 federal lawmakers in the state, the APC federal lawmaker, Waive, was denied the SUV operational vehicle while the remaining nine federal lawmakers had theirs delivered to them.

A Government House source disclosed that the governor's car gifts were delivered to nine members of the House of Representatives while the APC federal lawmaker, Waive was denied his.

"The contract for supply of the cars for the federal lawmakers was awarded to Governor Okowa's kinsman and member representing Ika federal constituency, Victor Nwakolo, and was paid in full.

While the other nine members of the House of Representatives from Delta state had their Toyota Land Cruisers delivered to them, Waive of the APC was denied and his is being withheld. Again, we gathered, his is said to be parked at a residence of one of the governor’s associates in Abuja."

A leaked letter addressed to the state governor, signed by Waive, is titled "Non-Receipt Of My Car". In the letter dated December 19, 2022, and obtained by SaharaReporters, Waive begged the governor to consider him as one of the beneficiaries of the car gifts.

Waive, Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Power, who cried out for being denied the SUV, accused the governor of not responding to his calls and messages one month after receiving his letter. He lamented that of all 10 members of the House Of Representatives from the state, he is the only one yet to receive his Toyota Land Cruiser (SUV).

Waive's letter reads in part, “First, let me thank you sir for your magnanimity in upholding the tradition of our dear state in assisting members of the National Assembly with operational vehicles.

In this 9th Assembly, you have been gracious in providing a Toyota Land Cruiser Jeep to all other members of the house of representatives except myself the honorable member representing the entire people of Ughelli North, Ughelli South, Udu federal constituency in the house.

“Your Excellency, I believe overzealous aides are responsible for my exclusion. I bring this to your kind attention so that you can direct a more senior officer to reach me with mine. I have called your phone number a couple of times and sent a few text messages without any response.

“I understand the huge demand on your time first as our Governor and at this crucial time of electioneering campaigns. I thus decided to write hoping that this letter will come to your attention and you will use your good office to ensure I am not short-changed, oppressed or denied before your very eyes.”

Commenting on the issue, an aide to the state governor who spoke on condition of anonymity, said it has been the practice of the state government not to give operational cars to opposition federal lawmakers.

"If Waive wants that car, he should decamp to the PDP. If he does, he will get more than a car. He cannot be working in Shell and be collecting salaries from Chevron. if he needs a Jeep, let him decamp, simple,” the aide said.

Efforts to reach Waive on his mobile line were not successful as he did not answer calls from SaharaReporters. He also did not reply to a text message sent to him.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/01/20/delta-apc-federal-lawmaker-waive-begs-governor-okowa-toyota-suv-given-colleagues-pdp

1 Like

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Facehumble(f): 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2023
Nigeria oh

Atiku is coming

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by God1000(m): 6:10pm On Jan 20, 2023
Too bad, the governor shouldn't have excluded him.

It shows how immature our leaders are, you won't see such in advanced democracies.

66 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Racoon(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2023
Governor Okowa, please give him his own SUV.

8 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Karemarealty288(m): 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2023
Decamp now and get yours.....simple, you want to reap where you did not sow...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by nazicartel(m): 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2023
This is bad. We should've grown past this type of politics. Why won't they give him his own car

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Impregnable101: 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2023
Pastor waive don carry him pastoral skills enter politics. grin

4 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Mumusaphire: 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2023
See how they share our money

17 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by GolDRoger: 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2023
Thinkam:
It's easier for tinubu to stop bedwetting than Obi to win 2023 elections.

Obi will drop out of the race latest December

Atiku is coming

Thinkam:
Wasted efforts

Atiku is coming

Thinkam:
That's true, he's descent enough as Nigerian politicians go, which is why he can never win.

Atiku is coming

Thinkam:
Wasted efforts

Obi will drop out of the race latest January 28

Atiku is coming

December never reach abi? Or you're still living in 2022??

Just dey play!

12 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by OkoRemi2023(m): 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2023
what's SUV jeep that waive can't waive?

SUV jeep that his salary can buy is what he's stooping so low to beg like Sissy, a disgrace of A Rep member

33 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by TheChameleon: 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2023
grin

Non-receipt of "MY" car.

The thief don already claim am.

Why would the Governor be foolish enough to give someone from opposition party a big gift ?

This isn't a bag of rice ooo or Bournvita inside hamper.

You will get SUV from me... use car to drive to meetings planned against me. To mobilize votes against me.

" Your head no correct." would have been my simple response on Delta Government House letterhead.

20 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by SeeItSayIt: 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2023
He don't have Shettima or Tinubu's contact?

Urchin here should help with their drug lord contact, pls.

6 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Opinedecandid(m): 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Ubanz: 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2023
They are settling big boys with SUV and u go collect 2k.
Are you cursed?

3 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by WibusJaga: 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2023

SUV gifts? Aside their entitlements to official vehicles etc.
See how they misappropriate public funds.

12 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Nuzo1(m): 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
Nigerian politicians must stop this primordial politicking.

His right should be accorded to him as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by 175(m): 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
This is funny sha. Like say na kindergarten play class

2 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by LordErrk: 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
Karemarealty288:
Decamp now and get yours.....simple, you want to rip where you did not sow...

Are they not supposed to be working towards the same goal; to make their state and Nigeria better? Nigeria still has a very long way to go, and the only way to begin is by removing thieves from government positions

1 Like

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Blazebond(m): 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
This is stupidity of the highest order from okowa,all lawmakers must have the operational vehicle regardless of their party affiliation.

6 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by hisgrace090: 6:36pm On Jan 20, 2023
Too bad of okowa.

When will people with human heart start leading this dying country?

Well with the emergence of Peter Obi there's is hope.

2 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Felabrity: 6:36pm On Jan 20, 2023
Okowa mates dey commission projects, the useless governor dey buy lawmakers SUV

13 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by youngbabaj(m): 6:36pm On Jan 20, 2023
Small pikin things de worry them
Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by Higgies(m): 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2023
Governors are god in Nigeria.
Especially second term Governors.
They’re really very powerfool that they forget they won’t be there forever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by fk001(m): 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2023
The thief can afford to buy the SUV. Is just a stunt to ganer public sympathy.

Watch how people that hardly feed will come online and start dragging Okowa, some might even start Go fund me for him

2 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by fk001(m): 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2023
The thief can afford to buy..
Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by trioma: 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2023
Corrupt country. Where did Governor get money to buy SUV to dash anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by CursedOsuPigs: 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2023
What the heck is wrong with him. He is a federal lawmaker not state. The cars shared are shared to only PDP members. So, why is he salivating on something being shared in the other house when you're not a member of 5he house?

2 Likes

Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by SUGARCyprian247: 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2023
cry
Re: Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers by allen113: 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2023
So a federal law maker cannot afford to buy suv hmm I don't believe this maybe it is his entitlement

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS / My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu / "Buhari Has Been Fulfilling His Campaign Promises" - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.