Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. (13279 Views)

Customer Support Job Opening, September 2021 / Opay Customer Support Job... How Much Do They Pay? / What Are The Require Things To Be A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Gabangel(m): 12:34am On Jan 22, 2023
JejeIsLife:
Good everyone....we all know that job getting a job in Nigeria is twice the work of a full time employee. The challenges of unemployment and the sapa promax suit that automatically becomes my day wear makes me shoot and apply for any job that comes my way, at least make me sef avoid see finish for area.

To cut the story short I landed a customer support job due to research I made online and I aced the interview...lo and behold I was sent a mail that I should resume on Monday but here I am having a panic attack as I did not know what to do since the job is a social science job but I am a technical person with engineering background. I am accepting the job because of the salary, financial challenge I am currently facing and the job is partly remote.

Please kindly share your experience with me if you ever work in a customer support centre and what software is used.

thanks.

Go to LinkedIn, register there or check LinkedIn Learning, do their free trial, check for courses on Customer Support or customer care support etc, their courses are short, sweet, interesting and even come with certificates - free. Except that you want to pay for LinkedIn Learning - its 14280.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Hespee93: 2:25am On Jan 22, 2023
JejeIsLife:
Good everyone....we all know that job getting a job in Nigeria is twice the work of a full time employee. The challenges of unemployment and the sapa promax suit that automatically becomes my day wear makes me shoot and apply for any job that comes my way, at least make me sef avoid see finish for area.

To cut the story short I landed a customer support job due to research I made online and I aced the interview...lo and behold I was sent a mail that I should resume on Monday but here I am having a panic attack as I did not know what to do since the job is a social science job but I am a technical person with engineering background. I am accepting the job because of the salary, financial challenge I am currently facing and the job is partly remote.

Please kindly share your experience with me if you ever work in a customer support centre and what software is used.

thanks.

Register at Udemy or Coursera, you'lk be good to go.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by gfon(m): 2:32am On Jan 22, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
You will be fine.

Provided the job doesn't require you to speak or write in English.
I see what you did there..
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Baileyz101(m): 6:37am On Jan 22, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thanks.

Customer Support job is fun. My only concern for you is that it is partly remote so you might take time to get used with the work ethics. Anyways, as time goes on you will fall in love with it.. One advice I have for you is that, if you don't see yourself in this career field for long, don't take long before you find a new job in your desired field because when you enter customer support/service you are kinda stucked in the profession. All the best...

1 Like

Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Subsea101: 7:03am On Jan 22, 2023
It seems you're extremely stupid, learn to mind your business this 2023 if you don't want to get hurt.

BTW, don't be a nairaland rat, learn to use other social media apps, so you'll understand what people imply when they write stuffs, additionally, you won't come here to disgrace yourself and family because you wan form professor.

Mumu, you even sabi quote post properly here on nairaland, e be like say mtn don dash you 20MB, you wan come use am for my body πŸ™„πŸ˜’πŸ€¨

(BTW is not between oo 🀣🀣)

Desusi:
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by 2goodbobo(m): 9:05am On Jan 22, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thanks.

First of all calm down and know that is what you can do. No need to panic.

As a customer service person, you must possess the below qualities:

1. You must be patient and cordial when dealing with clients

2. You must show empathy

3. Product knowledge is very very vital. Know all about the product your company is selling so that when customers call, you will be able to talk to them about it.

4. Probing and problem solving skills. Make sure you leave a lasting impact on any customer you attend to.

5. You must be computer literate because CRM ( customer relationship manager) is a tool you use to enter customer queries or complaints and there are other apps you will be given to use for the job.

6. Don’t ever be rude to your customers even if they push you to the wall. Some will insults you but don’t take it personal because is not you they are insulting but the company.

7. Finally, take up some online courses on customer service.

8. On the job training- you will learn while you are on the job.

Good luck!
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by freeman67: 9:51am On Jan 22, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thanks.

First of all, let me inform you that there is no job you will be employed to do that you will not be trained on how to do it. Except it is an experienced hire.

Secondly, If you don't get any formal training on it, you will at least be put asked to understudy someone. The time for this might be short though.

Thirdly, like some people suggested you can google and also do a YouTube search on what is expected of a customer support job as it relates to the company you were hired.

Just relax and flow with whatever comes up as you resume. There is always a first to to everything. You can make mistakes at the beginning too but as time goes on, you will get better.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Desusi: 10:07am On Jan 22, 2023
Subsea101:
It seems you're extremely stupid, learn to mind your business this 2023 if you don't want to get hurt.

BTW, don't be a nairaland rat, learn to use other social media apps, so you'll understand what people imply when they write stuffs, additionally, you won't come here to disgrace yourself and family because you wan form professor.

Mumu, you even sabi quote post properly here on nairaland, e be like say mtn don dash you 20MB, you wan come use am for my body πŸ™„πŸ˜’πŸ€¨

(BTW is not between oo 🀣🀣)

You must be talking to a wrong person. What business have l to do with you that you're quoting me? check the name of the person that rebuked you pls.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by odaniel1(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2023
Master all your products o! No1 rule!!! angry
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Subsea101: 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2023
??!?

Desusi:

You must be talking to a wrong person. What business have l to do with you that you're quoting me? check the name of the person that rebuked you pls.

Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Godmart21(m): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2023
I also studied Engineering. Civil to be precise but I now work as a Customer Support Personnel and no regrets for now as it is also remote. WhatsApp 09039722836 I will share some vital details to assist you
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Joyceogechi(f): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2023
Chat me up let me explain things to you 07014813820

quote author=JejeIsLife post=120230608]Good everyone....we all know that job getting a job in Nigeria is twice the work of a full time employee. The challenges of unemployment and the sapa promax suit that automatically becomes my day wear makes me shoot and apply for any job that comes my way, at least make me sef avoid see finish for area.

thanks. [/quote]
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by BennyDGreat: 4:51pm On Jan 22, 2023
gimakon:

You do not need a degree to learn Customer Support, when you have university called Youtube.
I became a Fullstack Engineer, Rust Engineer and co,watching Youtube Videos, then i was able to make some Portfolio and Stackoverflow helped a lot after watching tuts from Youtube.

Once again, congrats. God speed too.

How were you able to sieve through lots of videos to know which is relevant and which is not
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by micflo28(m): 5:03pm On Jan 22, 2023
Resume very early on Monday morning, meet up with old colleagues on the job and empathically ask them to give you a quick run down on what you are expected to do, be fast at learning what they teach you before supervisors, HRs and possibly the overall boss resumes work. They will be willing to help because you are now a colleague coming to lessen their work load and burden. You need to be fast and smart about learning. 2hours is enough to give you an idea of what is expected of you in your new job role. Congrats.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 23, 2023
BennyDGreat:

How were you able to sieve through lots of videos to know which is relevant and which is not

Personally i am not sure of how to answer this your question. It is a personal thing. There are brand names like Edureka, Intellipat and the likes, telling you the main name of the tutorial used is spoonfeeding. Now let me ask you, Would you remember me when you start earning your USD?
I am not sure I want to spoonfeed you to that extent. Its a Journey, so start and let it pull thru.

I have given you a clue, use it wisely.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by MisterKennedy(m): 10:33am On Jan 23, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thanks.

Good morning bro

I just read your post... ok I think you should really take this customer support job seriously... because when it comes to jobs in Nigeria, it's a different ball game to find a nice paying job...

But bro, if you don't want this job I will be very happy if you can give me this customer support job or if you could be outsourcing it to me so that I'll be helping you take calls and reply to mails.

I'm really nairaless right now and I don't have a job.

If you can help me I'll be so happy.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by BennyDGreat: 11:09am On Jan 23, 2023
gimakon:

Personally i am not sure of how to answer this your question. It is a personal thing. There are brand names like Edureka, Intellipat and the likes, telling you the main name of the tutorial used is spoonfeeding. Now let me ask you, Would you remember me when you start earning your USD?
I am not sure I want to spoonfeed you to that extent. Its a Journey, so start and let it pull thru.

I have given you a clue, use it wisely.

I am not in the Tech field...I am a creative.
Sometimes, it's overwhelming going through video after video....
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 23, 2023
BennyDGreat:

I am not in the Tech field...I am a creative.
Sometimes, it's overwhelming going through video after video....

Ah okay then , in that case, here is how i do it.

1.) Outline a goal
2.) search for what you want to achieve in particular.

Let me show you an example. If i want to study say "Software Engineering and principles" , I search for it like that on youtube. Adding full course to see if there is a possibility of what i seek, then i look side by side by the play list from there see if its what matches my goal. Next i go on forums and try to ask out what the latest Technology is, and someone always would share with me. Then i return to the same youtube and search for "exactly the same keywords that match."

Others I would work on projects , personal projects as portfolio and use stackoverflow to learn, there by showing pictures and marking the expected behavior.
You can simulate it to what you do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please How Genuine Is This Interview Invite? / The Advantage Of Having A Strong Personal Network When Job Hunting / Sabmiller Plc Latest Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.