Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. (13277 Views)

Customer Support Job Opening, September 2021 / Opay Customer Support Job... How Much Do They Pay? / What Are The Require Things To Be A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
Subsea101:
Vawulence master spotted πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

😜

1 Like

Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Elsueno: 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thank you very much, I will do I am currently learning excel... you can also help me check on youtube for the courses and post the link over so to save me time.

Lmao, dude U ain't hungry nor need this job sha πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Edipet(m): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
Any work I see now I go do
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by zedegit: 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
Okay
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by easzypeaszy(m): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
OP with my 5Years Experience..The job no hard
But if u no get endurance or fit manage anger no near the job oo
It can cause u ur sanity
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Oluwomonext212(m): 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2023
Go online, read about your role… go on YouTube see some videos and practice them on ur own. Sis or bro mi….. if you japa na job wey you never hear before you go do oooo and you must lied you had the experience to have one. Employer no wan novice and every novice must start from one point…
JejeIsLife:
Good everyone....we all know that job getting a job in Nigeria is twice the work of a full time employee. The challenges of unemployment and the sapa promax suit that automatically becomes my day wear makes me shoot and apply for any job that comes my way, at least make me sef avoid see finish for area.

To cut the story short I landed a customer support job due to research I made online and I aced the interview...lo and behold I was sent a mail that I should resume on Monday but here I am having a panic attack as I did not know what to do since the job is a social science job but I am a technical person with engineering background. I am accepting the job because of the salary, financial challenge I am currently facing and the job is partly remote.

Please kindly share your experience with me if you ever work in a customer support centre and what software is used.

thanks.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Edipet(m): 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2023
gimakon:

You do not need a degree to learn Customer Support, when you have university called Youtube.
I became a Fullstack Engineer, Rust Engineer and co,watching Youtube Videos, then i was able to make some Portfolio and Stackoverflow helped a lot after watching tuts from Youtube.

Once again, congrats. God speed too.
boss please check out my last thread, and answer some questions there please, I want to learn
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by GloriousGbola: 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2023
JejeIsLife:
Good everyone....we all know that job getting a job in Nigeria is twice the work of a full time employee. The challenges of unemployment and the sapa promax suit that automatically becomes my day wear makes me shoot and apply for any job that comes my way, at least make me sef avoid see finish for area.

To cut the story short I landed a customer support job due to research I made online and I aced the interview...lo and behold I was sent a mail that I should resume on Monday but here I am having a panic attack as I did not know what to do since the job is a social science job but I am a technical person with engineering background. I am accepting the job because of the salary, financial challenge I am currently facing and the job is partly remote.

Please kindly share your experience with me if you ever work in a customer support centre and what software is used.

thanks.

according to you, you researched and aced the interview - then why are you coming here?

also a customer service job is not a 'social science' job

you have been a customer in banks, or teloc offices. now put yourself on the other side of the desk.

customer service/support at its most basic level requires that you interact with customers one on one

this may be phone conversations, or chat or email

the most important thing is closing out tickets
and managing customers. oyibo customers can be very entitled , but YOU MUST MANAGE them. none of that i don't take shit nonsense nigerians do over here.

lets say you are a customer support rep with Microsoft. i have a problem with a Microsoft service. maybe i cant buy things on MS store. i make a complaint via their platform. it is assigned to you. you will interact with me, get more info about my problem, then engage the necessary people in the team to ad with closing out. you will interface with me on and off to let me know the situation is being sorted. once it is sorted you will let me know, and the ticket will be closed

that is customer support in a nutshell.

3 Likes

Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Exceed15: 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
Learn , learn and get started fast
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thank you very much, I will do I am currently learning excel... you can also help me check on youtube for the courses and post the link over so to save me time.

Posts like these would turn me off once. I believe you know the right address which is youtube , then in the search engine, you type what you seek. Do not make people start asking questions they are not supposed to ask.
I got several remote jobs after learning several skills on youtube. Yours is better you have the job, the rest is up to you to prove - Youtube is there to help. How about buying data and starting out. No day fall hand na.

2 Likes

Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by ceaser: 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience.

I agree with you, as evidenced by your Lexis and structure.

But I believe you may still be able to improve and perfect your capacity if you put the effort, then go for your dreams.

Why don't you do a quick research and maybe watch YouTube videos concerning the job? You could even get a few inspirations and training by watching the videos and practicing them. This can avail you some initial confidence. Then you perfect yourself by learning on the job.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 9:46pm On Jan 21, 2023
You don't have to fear or panic, you will definitely learn on the job. There are customer support and customer success training guide that your company needs to make available for you, or you can search for them yourself so that you will have an in-depth knowledge of the job you want to start.

Working remotely is one of the coolest thing to ever happen to any customer support rep, you can even have another side hustle to do. If i may ask, what's the name of your company?
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 21, 2023
Customer Support Service is for the strong... but fear not. It is not physical strength but mental, emotional and tactical intelligence . If you are one who gets angry easily, the job is not for you. Familiarize with the use of "kindly", Please, Thank you" . Use only kind words even if you don't feel it.

Have a good knowledge of the service your company is rendering, you don't have to know it all. But be confident enough to spew your limited knowledge as a lot.
If you don't know about an enquiry, don't say you don't know. Request for the clients number or email that you will forward updated details on the enquiry. Please make sure you do. You can also put a call through to update the person.

People can be very daunting, believe me i know. You will direct some to appropriate quarters but some will still expect you to do all for them. Nigerians love to be spoon fed. All you need to do is see these set as babies. Some people can annoy you but there is a way you tell them to go to hell without them realizing it. They would have gone to hell before they know it. But never be caught.

Be professional, some will try padi padi approach with you but untill you are very familiar with how things work in the company, don't allow over familiarity. Nigerians have a mentality that they have to build a rapport before their service can be met. Let them know it isn't necessary not only because it Γ­s the right thing but that cordial relationship they are trying to create can bounce back on you.

Avoid people holding your words directly. When people start quoting you "you said, you said i should pay" etc. Please ensure to remind them it is the company's policy not you. Believe me, you tend to save yourself of future trouble.

I always tell my trainees.. Customer service is the first person the people see or meet. Their impression of you goes a long way in deciding if to go further in dealing with the company. Always maintain honesty, good command of english and transparency. Create a good and welcoming atmosphere, leave your baggages at home, be approachable and always create a good lasting first impression.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by bugatti02(m): 9:48pm On Jan 21, 2023
No reason to panic. Every company will train a new employee on the way things are run and all sorts. So relax your mind. You'll be on a 1-2weeks training. Best of luck.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by BusinessPlan22: 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2023
gimakon:

You do not need a degree to learn Customer Support, when you have university called Youtube.
I became a Fullstack Engineer, Rust Engineer and co,watching Youtube Videos, then i was able to make some Portfolio and Stackoverflow helped a lot after watching tuts from Youtube.

Once again, congrats. God speed too.

Pls can you help with the YouTube links for the full stack... Pls im really interested.
Thanks in advance
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by cletz991(m): 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2023
Me sef need to learn this excel. Am into sales but I want to dwelve into Data analytics. Soft skills hard to learn oh especially if you have a full time job already
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Howyeh(f): 9:56pm On Jan 21, 2023
Congratulations!

You will be fine.
Definitely, training you comes first.
Then in the process of on-boarding, you shall gain your confidence.
*As for the softwares, (Siebel ,CRM, Avaya etc), they wouldn't allow you go live without taking you through, "xcept of course if twas stated in the job requirements as a must-have!, even at that, it shall be brushed through.

*They should also most likely give you a work tool to work with, and that obviously makes your work easier beyond your expectations...

*And of course, on your own, you learn their products and services , so as to be able to deliver well!

Congratulations once again.

N:B - Please, am in serious need of a remote Customer Service Representative role.
Any link/connection would be highly appreciated.

I have years of experience as a CCR, and with little or no training, I can deliver efficiently & effectively.
Thanks.
God bless!
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by CheapHomes1: 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2023
JejeIsLife:

You don't need all that YouTube stuff. First thing in customer service is that you are not working for yourself but for the customers. you must have patience with customers no matter what.

Be as humble and calm as you can be because there can be many aggrieved and unruly customers. If let your anger get in the way, you on your own.

Lastly, always be ready to learn new things and consume all the information about your & it's products
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Oluwapresley(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thanks.

I understand the feeling. But trust me, you'd be fine.

Just take your time to learn about their products well. Once you have a grasp of the products, with great communication skills and empathy, you should be fine.

See? 3 things. Knowledge of the products, communication skills (listening and speaking) and empathy. Then you are good.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Olaedo7: 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2023
No need to worry. You'll learn on the job and you'll do well
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2023
Edipet:
boss please check out my last thread, and answer some questions there please, I want to learn

Where?
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:45pm On Jan 21, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thanks.

Ask for a period of induction and hopefully learn fast during the time. Remember to be nice to customers and always sound helpful. Goodluck
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Edipet(m): 10:54pm On Jan 21, 2023
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by faithfull18(f): 11:08pm On Jan 21, 2023
Calm down, it's nothing difficult, most customer care agencies have a script(s).

It also depends on the aspect, whether you will do inbound/outbound calls/telemarketing.

They should put you through.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by JrMacBeth(m): 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2023
What kind of job and where do you work please?
If there is vacancy,I do work as a customer representative before.
I need a job too sir.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by theamazonguru(m): 11:52pm On Jan 21, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thanks.

Don't work yourself out for no reason.

Every company,I repeat every company has her own culture.
Like in mine, we have a culture of in house training for new employees - we call it understudy.
This is an arrangement put in place for you to understudy someone who is doing the same task you will be doing.

This is paramount for seamless integration into the system.
You need to know the kind of mailing system used ( eg Microsoft outlook), the communication system (eg Microsoft communicator or teams/share point), reporting tools, Customers Management System (which helps you to take calls/complaints, lodge them and escalate to the 2nd or 3rd level agents/engineers. This is most especially if you can't resolve the issue yourself.

This brings us to the most important part, understanding the products and services offered by the company so as to be well equipped to serve as the first line of reference or 1st level agent.

How would you know the company's products and services if you ain't trained?

You see why I said, relax your mind.

No matter how little, you will be trained.

And mind you, no one expects you to hit the ground running on your first day. Never.
You will need to understand the new system and environment. You need to understand their work culture.

You have the minimum of at least 1 day to 1 week to soak all this in.

What I expect you to do on your first day is:
1. Be humble even if you know more than everyone. Form humility.
2. Scan round and look for that cool headed guy amongst the team. Get to pally with that person so he/she can mentor/guide you to avoid some workplace pitfalls.
Every office has that unspoken politics and pitfall. Guard against it.
3. Ask as many reasonable questions as possible.
4.Take note of the applications you will be using, as you get to see your colleagues use them. Open your eyes wide and be smart.
5. Go back home and study/ research about these apps online especially through YouTube.
That's if you can't be patient to be taught one on one.
6. Most importantly, have a very open mind. Be ready to learn, unlearn and relearn.

But I can assure you, it's going to be easier than expected.

I am a master of SAP today,not because I am too smart. I understudied 3 guys who have been doing the job years before I joined the team.
Now I am the best trainer for new entrants.

Wish you all the best on your new job.

1 Like

Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by completey(f): 11:58pm On Jan 21, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thanks.

Go to linkedin learning you will surely learn something before Monday. Part of your job is to respond to customer's calls and messages, any request you can't solve you will transfer to appropriate dept. Be calm when speaking with them. Have you ever spoken with MTN customer service agent? Thats more like your job. Goodluck
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by efeski(m): 12:03am On Jan 22, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thanks.

Google and YouTube is your friend
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by Desusi: 12:05am On Jan 22, 2023
[quote author=Subsea101 post=120264563]Vawulence master spotted πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

[/quote
What then is your mother tongue, if your English is that poor at this level of life? haba!
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by deavicky(m): 12:16am On Jan 22, 2023
JejeIsLife:

thanks.
one day our pastor said some of us are millionaire without knowing and at that time I had just only 78k in my account. When i got home, i then checked myself and realised and the properties i had then, they are over 30m assuming i want to sell them. Sometimes there aee things about you that u, u can only see if only u take ur time to observe.
You had past the interview while some other failed and u still believe you don't know anything. How did u think u passed the interview?.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by jaxxy(m): 12:18am On Jan 22, 2023
1srt of all congratulations. This deserves some celebration.

2ndly are they aware u have no experience? If yes then u are safe as they will give u room and opportunity to learn on the job. However if No the remaining standing as u are not safe yet. *in ebuka's voice*

3rdly usually for such jobs which are partially remote they will expect u to be a fast learner and have basically good communication skills and based on the type of business u will need to know what ur responsibilities are. I believe they will list them out or tell u.
Re: I got a Customer Support Job And I I Don't Have the require experience. by obianoooo: 12:31am On Jan 22, 2023
Bro no go kill yourself with HBP from cranking your brains on what to do

That position is the most easiest position in an organisation because there's no much expectation from that post

All you need do is to make sure you're at least a bit good with computer and intercom

Secondly have a good spoken English language accent.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Advantage Of Having A Strong Personal Network When Job Hunting / Is This Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Screening Invitation Genuine Or Fake / Sabmiller Plc Latest Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.