Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. (1401 Views)

Kenyan Man Returns Empty-Handed 42 Years After He Left Home For Greener Pastures / Can A Man Give A Lady ₦400,000 Just Like That & Not Ask For Anything In Return? / Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by Rubyjade: 1:21am On Jan 21, 2023
Just like me, so many mums believe the grass is greener on the other side. It is the challenge of the working mum vs the stay at home mum.

I wish I were that mum driving to work vs I wish I could jog in the morning like that mum.
I wish I had more time vs I can do more with my life.

This money is not worth it vs this stress is not worth it.
I wish I spent more time with my kids vs I need some time off from this kids.

Staying at home will help me focus on my purpose vs maybe working will clarify my purpose.

From a very young age, I had always wanted to be a career woman. I wanted to have my own money, have kids, have a loving husband and we will live happily ever after.

I have everything I wanted with the exception of the ‘happily ever after.’ My reality was either nanny drama, work pressure, not been able to show up for school events. I felt guilty about not spending enough time with my family... the list was endless. I was overwhelmed by all my responsibilities and decided to take a break.

It was a new life of sleeping and waking up when I like. I could dress the boys for school, I ate breakfast with them, dropped them at school, went jogging on week days, and did homework with the boys. I also didn’t have to bother about the nanny’s attitude.

Life was beautiful! I had embraced the change of working mum to a stay at home mum but not for long…

Waking up to prepare the kids for school wasn’t so much fun anymore. I wanted more sleep. I had to feed my youngest, run errands, prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner, clean up, laundry, homework, bed time drama.

At a point, I told myself that I couldn't keep up with the daily demands.

Why do both at home and working mums struggle to find happiness? I realized that no matter what our employment status is, we have one thing in common - we are all Mums. Our jobs are similar with different experiences. I had to drop all my misconceptions:

Working moms care about their career more than their children

Being a stay at home mom is a roller coaster_ enjoyment life

Working Moms make all the money and wear expensive clothings

Stay at home moms have all the time in the world, they live a balanced life

This is my truth:

Most moms want to spend enough time to pray

Most of us have issues we are dealing with

Most of us think we can do better

Most of us cry at least once a month.

Some mums must work, we cannot afford not to

Most mums want to exercise and stay fit

We all love our children

We all need our me time

We all have our hobbies and dreams

We all need a hug, kiss and time from another mum

We all need a helpful and supportive village.

As you start à new year, I’d like to share some "MUMMY" tips that have helped me so far:

M_Make every day count

U_Utilize the family and friends in your life

M_Make Peace with your Purpose _ It’s in the journey of mummy hood

M_Making a decision about working or not comes from the needs and values of your family.

Y_You are a great Mum, so am I.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by yrhuhfy113: 1:23am On Jan 21, 2023
VERY BALANCED AND DEEP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:14am On Jan 21, 2023
You are good in writing

A captivating write-up

2 Likes

Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by saintopus(m): 3:24am On Jan 21, 2023
Rubyjade:
Just like me, so many mums believe the grass is greener on the other side. It is the challenge of the working mum vs the stay at home mum.

I wish I were that mum driving to work vs I wish I could jog in the morning like that mum.
I wish I had more time vs I can do more with my life.

This money is not worth it vs this stress is not worth it.
I wish I spent more time with my kids vs I need some time off from this kids.

Staying at home will help me focus on my purpose vs maybe working will clarify my purpose.

From a very young age, I had always wanted to be a career woman. I wanted to have my own money, have kids, have a loving husband and we will live happily ever after.

I have everything I wanted with the exception of the ‘happily ever after.’ My reality was either nanny drama, work pressure, not been able to show up for school events. I felt guilty about not spending enough time with my family... the list was endless. I was overwhelmed by all my responsibilities and decided to take a break.

It was a new life of sleeping and waking up when I like. I could dress the boys for school, I ate breakfast with them, dropped them at school, went jogging on week days, and did homework with the boys. I also didn’t have to bother about the nanny’s attitude.

Life was beautiful! I had embraced the change of working mum to a stay at home mum but not for long…

Waking up to prepare the kids for school wasn’t so much fun anymore. I wanted more sleep. I had to feed my youngest, run errands, prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner, clean up, laundry, homework, bed time drama.

At a point, I told myself that I couldn't keep up with the daily demands.

Why do both at home and working mums struggle to find happiness? I realized that no matter what our employment status is, we have one thing in common - we are all Mums. Our jobs are similar with different experiences. I had to drop all my misconceptions:

Working moms care about their career more than their children

Being a stay at home mom is a roller coaster_ enjoyment life

Working Moms make all the money and wear expensive clothings

Stay at home moms have all the time in the world, they live a balanced life

This is my truth:

Most moms want to spend enough time to pray

Most of us have issues we are dealing with

Most of us think we can do better

Most of us cry at least once a month.

Some mums must work, we cannot afford not to

Most mums want to exercise and stay fit

We all love our children

We all need our me time

We all have our hobbies and dreams

We all need a hug, kiss and time from another mum

We all need a helpful and supportive village.

As you start à new year, I’d like to share some "MUMMY" tips that have helped me so far:

M_Make every day count

U_Utilize the family and friends in your life

M_Make Peace with your Purpose _ It’s in the journey of mummy hood

M_Making a decision about working or not comes from the needs and values of your family.

Y_You are a great Mum, so am I.

Most mums felt that their husbands are not giving them much helping hand. Some even resort to cheating

They thought the grass are greener somewhere else.

Sometimes I feel that marriages should have an open ended clause aside from divorce where spouses can be exchanged for sometime for everyone to learn a lesson and to know that the grass are not always greener somewhere else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by Rubyjade: 7:51am On Jan 21, 2023
Hmm..
saintopus:

Most mums felt that their husbands are not giving them much helping hand. Some even resort to cheating

Sometimes I feel that marriages should have an open ended clause aside from divorce where spouses can be exchanged for sometime for everyone to learn a lesson and to know that the grass are not always greener somewhere else.
Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by LordofData: 8:06am On Jan 21, 2023
This is very deep and full of lessons for the wise. Thank you so much ma
Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by abrahambest(m): 8:40am On Jan 21, 2023
Awesome

1 Like

Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by Foodqueen(f): 11:45am On Jan 21, 2023
Story of my life.

1 Like

Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by Ryan03(f): 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2023
Some of us perform the duties of stay at home mum's and career mum's.

1 Like

Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by Rubyjade: 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2023
wink
LordofData:
This is very deep and full of lessons for the wise. Thank you so much ma
Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by Rubyjade: 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2023
Ryan03:
Some of us perform the duties of stay at home mum's and career mum's.
Yes ooo

1 Like

Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by jaszplus12(m): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2023
saintopus:

Tend to agree with you. Moms feel entitled once hubby helps too often. You begin to hear "honey help me wash, my hands are paining me" excuses just because hubby is helping!
Others feel pissed off once hubby is the really cool type that doesn't socialize much!
Moms tend to be attracted to the inattentive hubby, seeking to beg his attention and crave his companionship... A quiet and helpful spouse usually get the sharp end of moms tongue!

2 Likes

Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by Rubyjade: 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2023
jaszplus12:

Tend to agree with you. Moms feel entitled once hubby helps too often. You begin to hear "honey help me wash, my hands are paining me" excuses just because hubby is helping!
Others feel pissed off once hubby is the really cool type that doesn't socialize much!
Moms tend to be attracted to the inattentive hubby, seeking to beg his attention and crave his companionship... A quiet and helpful spouse usually get the sharp end of moms tongue!
How do you know All these?

3 Likes

Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by jaszplus12(m): 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
Rubyjade:
How do you know All these?
Do you really want to know?
Then answer this question:are you married?
How old are you?
How long have you dated/been married?

2 Likes

Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by IyaTola: 10:33am On Jan 25, 2023
cheesy
jaszplus12:

How old are you?
Re: Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. by Rubyjade: 11:49pm On Feb 16, 2023
undecided
jaszplus12:

How old are you?

(1) (Reply)

Is Is Necessary To Have Kids For A Marriage To Succeed? / Aso Ebi For Uk Royal Family Wedding Is Out Nw / Disturbances In Kano Now Around Bachirawa Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.