Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,158 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:27 AM

South Africa Condemns US - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Condemns US (1437 Views)

Netanyahu Condemns Move By 3 Countries To Recognize Palestinian State / Iraq Condemns US Airstrikes As ‘breach Of Sovereignty', Warns Of Retaliation. / "South Africa Is For All"—Julius Malema Condemns Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2023
The West cannot continue to create problems through unethical scientific experiments such as the HIV/AIDS virus and pretend to be heroes at the same time.
A country like South Africa demands accountability and responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Condemns US by bassdow: 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2023
BentizilL:

Russia doesn't from US.. cheesy

Back in the days, Russia received AIDs from US, though they never depended on it.

Also Russia gives out numerous AIDs to lots of countries also.

These (financial) AIDs, sometimes isn't really begged for, a-times a country could just decide to assist another country to help them do certain things differently which might not necessarily benefit the receiver as much as it would the giver. Take for instance, US have been clamoring for "Climate change", they could decide to give Nigeria or even China some monies so as to help them do certain things differently so as to effect their major concern "Climate change" .

In other words, If You drive your own car to Work daily, and I choose to convince you into taking public transit (e.g BRT bus) instead, so as to reduce number of cars on the road thereby reducing Traffic congestion, I could decide to give you certain amount of Money to help you do that.
When you look at it, the money is actually helping you achieve your cause, not necessarily needed by me

Also atimes these AIDs are from institutions of which you as a country is a member (in)directly. E.g during the Covid-19 era, UN + WorldBank helped a lot of countries including the USA with Financial + medical AIDs.

If those wey dey give no dey get benefits one way or the other, do you really think they would give (or continue giving) such assistance ?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
bassdow:

Back in the days, Russia received AIDs from US, though they never depended on it.

This financial AIDs, sometimes isn't really begged for, a-times a country could just decide to give another country money to help them do certain things which might not really necessarily benefit the receiver of such money. Take for instance US have been clamoring for "Climate change", they could decide to give Nigeria or even China some monies so as to help them do certain things different so as to effect their major concern "Climate change" .

In other words, If You ride drive your own car to Work daily, and I choose to convince you into taking public transit (BRT bus) instead, so as to reduce number of cars on the road thereby reducing Traffic issues, I could decide to give you certain amount of Money to help you do that.
When you look at it, the money is actually helping you achieve your cause, not necessarily needed by me

Also atimes these monies are from institutions of which you as a country is a member (in)directly. E.g during the Covid-19 era, UN + WorldBank helped a lot of countries including the USA with Financial + medical AIDs.

If those wey dey give no dey get benefits one way or the other, do you really think they would give (or continue giving) such assistance ?
Ori e ti pe ju.
Now this is an objective, valid and logical argument.
Unlike this one that reeks of frustration (see attached)

Re: South Africa Condemns US by BentizilL: 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2023
bassdow:

These (financial) AIDs, sometimes isn't really begged for, a-times a country could just decide to assist another country to help them do certain things which might not really necessarily benefit the receiver as much as it would the giver. Take for instance, US have been clamoring for "Climate change", they could decide to give Nigeria or even China some monies so as to help them do certain things differently so as to effect their major concern "Climate change" .

In other words, If You drive your own car to Work daily, and I choose to convince you into taking public transit (e.g BRT bus) instead, so as to reduce number of cars on the road thereby reducing Traffic congestion, I could decide to give you certain amount of Money to help you do that.

Also atimes these AIDs are from institutions of which you as a country is a member (in)directly. E.g during the Covid-19 era, UN + WorldBank helped a lot of countries including the USA with Financial + medical AIDs.

I knew that but we're talking about present, he uploaded a 2022 update about Russia receiving aid from US...
Even then it was not like Russia need it, just some couple million to private and non governmental organizations..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Condemns US by opamoses1: 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2023
ElijahMcClain:

Ori e ti pe ju.
Now this is an objective, valid and logical argument.
Unlike this one that reeks of frustration (see attached)

BentizilL:

I knew that but we're talking about present, he uploaded a 2022 update about Russia receiving aid from US...
Dummy, 2022 is less than a month ago. It is recent.
2023 will be uploaded at the end of 2023.

Re: South Africa Condemns US by BentizilL: 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
opamoses1:

Dummy, 2022 is less than a month ago. It is recent.
bassdow you see this. 👆
Re: South Africa Condemns US by opamoses1: 8:48pm On Jan 21, 2023
Minjim:

If you can do without it, then reject it when next they send it.

If you keep collecting it, that only shows you're dependent on it.

Stop playing with word.

Even your Russia relies on the U.S assistance

Onto the next thread. Enjoy.

When South Africa starts rejecting AIDs from the USA, the world would start taking them serious.

South Africa Aid from the USA:

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
BentizilL:

Even then it was not like Russia need it, just some couple million to private and non governmental organizations..
Just ignore that guy se. Dignifying his actions only feeds his hysteria.

bassdow is someone that can engage you in a meaningful, objective and educative debate.
Re: South Africa Condemns US by opamoses1: 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
ElijahMcClain:

Just ignore that guy se. Dignifying his actions only feeds his hysteria.

bassdow is someone that can engage you in a meaningful, objective and educative debate.
Snow flakes.

Your feelings are hurt 🤡
Re: South Africa Condemns US by opamoses1: 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
Minjim:
The US was the first to abolish slave trade even when Africans were still selling themselves to the whites.

If SA seek repatriation, it should be from the Uk, not the U S.
The US never supported apartheid in SA. The most vocal international condemnation came from the UK and US.

You guys are lucky the whites stayed that long. You blacks have now made a mess of all their progress
The US isn't father Christmas.
It won't be giving aids if nobody is there to receive.

You dey mind that guy. Putards are not very bright.
Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 21, 2023
GeorgeFloyd99:

Burkinabe Protesters Take To The Streets Demanding Departure Of France

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 21, 2023
Breaking: Russian Forces Liberate Settlement From Nazi Insurgents

ElijahMcClain:
More info here

Russia sent troops into Ukraine on February 24, 2022, citing Kiev’s failure to implement the Minsk agreements, designed to give Donetsk and Lugansk special status within the Ukrainian state. The protocols, brokered by Germany and France, were first signed in 2014. Former Ukrainian president Pyotr Poroshenko has since admitted that Kiev’s main goal was to use the ceasefire to buy time and “create powerful armed forces.”

Shortly before the hostilities broke out, the Kremlin recognized the Donbass republics as independent states and demanded that Ukraine officially declare itself a neutral country that will never join any Western military bloc. Last September, Donetsk and Lugansk, as well as Kherson and Zaporozhye Regions, were incorporated into Russia following referendums.
Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
BentizilL:

bassdow you see this. 👆
His relative was arguing that South Africa should be subservient to the US for financial allocations and that South Africa should be deprived of it's reparations for safeguarding it's own national interests and pursuing a foreign relations policy independent of US influence.
Going by that logic, should Russia (currently in conflict with the US) be a beneficiary to US aid?
Thier ludicrous arguements are punctured by multiple inconsistencies and lack of knowledge.
Wouldn't that so called 'aid' be used to fight against the US in Ukraine.
Thier bizarre arguments should be discarded and ignored.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Napata77: 9:33pm On Jan 21, 2023
Minjim:
This bill was proposed in a US House of Congress.
How does that concern Africa?

If we aren't replying on the US for certain supports.

So, some of you want to continue receiving aids from the US while supporting it's enemies claiming you have freedom of choice?
You can only choose one evil at a time

You simply can't eat you cake and still have it.

For every 1 dollar of ''aid'' the US gives you, they take 10 dollars back from you via a multitude of nefarious practices, from tax evasion and under-accounting by their multinationals to outright theft of your resources.

You are an African adult. Use your head and go and research what really goes on. Google is free.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
The benefits of BRICS outweighs any financial allotment from the West/US.
South Africa has proven that it has rational decision makers.
Thier character is worthy of emulation.
South Africa isn't dependent on unproductive US aid.
This has empowered and enable them to exert their authority on the world stage and reward the mandate/confidence reposed in the SA govt by South Africans.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 21, 2023
Napata77:

For every 1 dollar of ''aid'' the US gives you, they take 10 dollars back from you via a multitude of nefarious practices, from tax evasion and under-accounting by their multinationals to outright theft of your resources.
Facts.
They give 5% in public with the right hand and covertly steal/loot 95% from the same people they're 'helping' with the left hand.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Just30: 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2023
bassdow:

These (financial) AIDs, sometimes isn't really begged for, a-times a country could just decide to assist another country to help them do certain things differently which might not necessarily benefit the receiver as much as it would the giver. Take for instance, US have been clamoring for "Climate change", they could decide to give Nigeria or even China some monies so as to help them do certain things differently so as to effect their major concern "Climate change" .

You're crazy ... Which aid

Which congress will accept giving money to Russia ?

Supporting LGBT groups in Russia or NGOs control by the US is not an aid to Russia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Condemns US by BentizilL: 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2023
Minjim:
The US was the first to abolish slave trade even when Africans were still selling themselves to the whites.

If SA seek repatriation, it should be from the Uk, not the U S.
The US never supported apartheid in SA. The most vocal international condemnation came from the UK and US.

You guys are lucky the whites stayed that long. You blacks have now made a mess of all their progress
The US isn't father Christmas.
It won't be giving aids if nobody is there to receive.

I'm ashamed I share this continent with people like you..
So we should be happy and worshipping them for what they did?? angry

Imagine your last paragraph..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Condemns US by BentizilL: 10:55pm On Jan 21, 2023
ElijahMcClain:

His relative was arguing that South Africa should be subservient to the US for financial allocations and that South Africa should be deprived of it's reparations for safeguarding it's own national interests and pursuing a foreign relations policy independent of US influence.
Going by that logic, should Russia (currently in conflict with the US) be a beneficiary to US aid?
Thier ludicrous arguements are punctured by multiple inconsistencies and lack of knowledge.
Wouldn't that so called 'aid' be used to fight against the US in Ukraine.
Thier bizarre arguments should be discarded and ignored.
I can't believe I share continent with people like them... sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Condemns US by BentizilL: 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2023
Just30:
You're crazy ... Which aid

Which congress will accept giving money to Russia ?

Supporting LGBT groups in Russia or NGOs control by the US is not an aid to Russia
Yeah this is what I was telling that guy..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Minjim: 5:22am On Jan 22, 2023
GeorgeFloyd99:

If you took some time to read the article you attached, you would have been better educated.
How did you miss
"Despite rhetorical opposition to apartheid, the United States continued to block sanctions against South Africa at the United Nations in the 1960s and the 1970s."
The US ending slavery on paper was a result of the American civil war.
America practices a rebranded model of modern-day slavery.
The US touts itself as a country that fights terrorism yet it arms and sponsors various terrorist cells across the globe.
Africans had always engaged in the slave trade before the arrival of the westerners, albeit, with modesty. This is in contrast to the crude and barbaric form of slavery that was introduced by the West.
I attached the meaning of rhetorical for your convenience.
That information was also culled from Wikipedia.

Rhetoric = language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.

The bolded is the writer's personal opinion, it isn't the interpretation of the actual event.

If their intentions are clean and you interpreted it to the contrary, who's to blame?

The US doesn't owe any nation. Assisting is solely for their interests in fostering foreign relationships because the US has enough. Don't be arrogant about what you need.
We all know SA is the HIV mecca of the world. They can't just stand by and do nothing about that. where was Russia then?
All of a sudden Russia started liking SA because it invaded Ukraine. And you can't read between the lines.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Minjim: 5:25am On Jan 22, 2023
BentizilL:

I'm ashamed I share this continent with people like you..
So we should be happy and worshipping them for what they did?? angry

Imagine your last paragraph..

Don't worry, the feeling is mutual

I'm ashamed I share a continent with xenophobic blood-sucking-HIV-infected zombies in SA too

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2023
South Africa Hopes Naval Exercises With Russia And China Become Annual
https://www.nairaland.com/7536882/south-africa-hopes-naval-exercises#120300773

"South Africa is the continent's most industrialized country and has the most diversified economy in Africa. The nation joined the BRIC bloc (Brazil, Russia, India, China) in 2010, after which the organization changed its name to BRICS."
Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2023
Nigeria has the biggest HIV epidemic in West and Central Africa.
Read more about HIV in Nigeria here.
Even Nigeria gives aid to other countries.
It's completely laughable to expect those countries to become a vassal state to Nigeria.
Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
BreonnaTaylor:
Read more about HIV in Nigeria here.
Even Nigeria gives aid to other countries.
It's completely laughable to expect those countries to become a vassal state to Nigeria.
Mali and South Africa are not dependent on US or Nigeria's aid.

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 23, 2023
Minjim:

Don't worry, the feeling is mutual

I'm ashamed I share a continent with xenophobic blood-sucking-HIV-infected zombies in SA too
Nigeria is afflicted with ethnic bigotry, nepotism and tribalism.
Nigeria, like the US offers aid to other countries while neglecting it's enormous domestic issues.
Did you deliberately withhold these information? Early onset of dementia?

You twist words to suit your narrative, although it's clear that what you say differs from reality.
Luckily, those who share your bizarre views are just a small number of people.

It has already been established that Nigeria is both an aid donor and recipient.
South Africa is equally an aid donor and recipient. Unlike Nigeria, South Africa is transitioning to become a major aid donor in Africa. This is in addition to thier bright prospects of becoming a global powerhouse.
That's a mentality that's worth applauding.
The neocolonialst mentality that you exude is a symptom of defective rectitude.
For the sake of politics, it's better for the US to take the initiative and cease those allocations.
I can elaborate on that later. An objective analysis on why the US is yet to freeze that so called aid is welcomed.
Re: South Africa Condemns US by Karnice600: 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2023
Minjim:

Then go to Russia for your assistance.

I blame our politicians for those Nigerians going to another 3rd World country in search of greener pastures.

I can't leave Nigeria and go to another African country to make a living, for what?

If I'm going to be sending you my taxpayer hard earned money in aids then, My enemy should be your enemy- simple!

SA should tell the US not to send aids to them again instead of all these barkings. You must be living in a fools paradise if you think Russia likes Africa. Russia is only looking for validation anywhere it can buy it
No mind the idiots. Supporting Russia and receiving Western aids at the same time. Even SA's greatest hero, Nelson Mandela achieved his goal on the platform of Western democracy. Ukraine's democracy is being threatened and all SA can do is support her inflictors, out of myopic sentiments. They can now tell the US face to face what they want and don't; a cool offer of democracy. Can they do that to Russia?
Ukraine is going through hell because it doesn't want Russia to dictate what shape her Sovereignty should take. South Africa is exercising the same liberty with America and feeling fly. Something she can't try with an authoritarian world power.
Las las, most Africans don't have a clue of what their problem is.
Re: South Africa Condemns US by Karnice600: 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2023
DebbyParkway:

My question was, South Africa isn't dependent on US Aid.
Is Nigeria dependent?
Unproductive financial allocations is an invalid justification for impeding a nation from fulfilling it's international obligations or establishing foreign relations with other countries.
US aid is an unsatisfactory excuse for subservience.

Require
Unable to do without

Contingent on

You're just being a proper idiot. I watch you run up and down here posting craps out of emotions.
How many African countries were not given aid during the pandemic?
Was it useless or useful?
Keep deceiving yourself with 'dependent'. Wahala for who no get dictionary.

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2023
Karnice600:

You're just being a proper idiot. I watch you run up and down here posting craps out of emotions.
How many African countries were not given aid during the pandemic?
Was it useless or useful?
Keep deceiving yourself with 'dependent'. Wahala for who no get dictionary.
Ogbeni, borrow yourself brain.
Not even 15% of Nigerians got vaccinated.
All these nonsense you're drooling over, who e epp?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Condemns US by Karnice600: 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2023
BreonnaTaylor:

Ogbeni, borrow yourself brain.
Not even 15% of Nigerians got vaccinated.
All these nonsense you're drooling over, who e epp?
Are you too stupid to know I was talking about means of survival, since most businesses were out of operation?

Posting screenshots off context.
Re: South Africa Condemns US by Karnice600: 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2023
ElijahMcClain:
The benefits of BRICS outweighs any financial allotment from the West/US.
South Africa has proven that it has rational decision makers.
Thier character is worthy of emulation.
South Africa isn't dependent on unproductive US aid.
This has empowered and enable them to exert their authority on the world stage and reward the mandate/confidence reposed in the SA govt by South Africans.

Nonsense
Re: South Africa Condemns US by Karnice600: 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2023
opamoses1:

You dey mind that guy. Putards are not very bright.

I tell you. They just come in droves like Wagner mercenaries. Ruthlessly stupid beyond coordination.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africa Takes Over BRICS Chairmanship / IS Militants Vow To ‘de-throne’ Putin Over Syria Support / Donald Trump Lambasts Muslim Ladies, Who Complain Of Discrimination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.