Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Agbero Madness On The Road at night - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Agbero Madness On The Road at night (25351 Views)

Agbero Train Ride In Brazil (pix) / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / Lady Holds On To The Brake Of The Bus For A Driver To Fight An Agbero (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by nedekid: 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2023
See, they have state backing. It is a means of empowerment. They can also be used for political gains when needed.
Have you noticed a police checkpoint might be close by but they will turn a blind eye.
The whole Lagos is shared amongst them. If you doubt park along any road in day time or at night. Even 2am, they must appear.
Weeks ago my light truck broke down around Ejigbo area. They refused letting the driver fix it. They harrased him, a fellow hustling Yoruba man. He called me that they needed 30k! Omo, I got on the phone spoke with their leader respectfully, that it was hustle all of us were doing. He should please accept homage of 5k, not that it was anything, but just for them to wet ground with some whiskey. Next call I received was that they pushed the truck for the driver and it started. Lucky me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by 43Ronin: 11:53pm On Jan 21, 2023
It's tinubu owomida youth empowerment scheme. It's what he gave the average poor yoruba youth in SW instead of free tertiary education

1 Like

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by hardbody: 11:53pm On Jan 21, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Yorubas have more Agberos than all countries in the world combined..

Even the one they want us to herald as president is an agbero, their grand patron
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Berankis: 12:18am On Jan 22, 2023
Sirseedorf:
What is the benefit of agbero to the state, the people and tthe country? Why do we have many agbero unit instead of our security forces.
Our truck was coming from Ogun state, park on getting to iyana isashi The drive did not stop because none of the unfortunate agbero stoped him, lo and behold one cursed agbero came from no where and smash the side mirror with a pipe, the driver had to reverse back to ask he had to smash the side mirror broken when nobody ask him to stop, then about five of them started confronting the Old man and assaulting him physically with the pipe in the their hand. and saying they have juju to avert curses, while the assault was going on I was inside the truck, because if I had came down and support baba, his beating would have been child play mine. Eventually I came down to beg them, talk to the driver and we moved on in pain and anger, but nothing's to be done our side mirror was broken, the driver and old man was beating and I feel helple

Igbo elerin, isashi and igando are there base, and anybody benefiting from agbero cursed money shall know no peace..

I feel your pain and disappointment cos I know that area very well. Those boys are Jafo's (King of Iba Land) boys! Even though, the King has been denying but its obvious they are his. They are very reckless and destructive. You will meet them at Isashi juction just before the U-turn if you are coming from Badagry, they are also stationed at the overhead bridge before you get to Iyana-school, you find them at Iba Junction too by the U-turn, they are at Obadore just after the bridge and lastly at Akesan bus stop just before the U-turn. All the areas are under the domain of Jafo Authority, who happens to be the King in that area and Chairman Administration of Lagos State Parks and Garages. Unfortunately, the Lagos State govt are not saying anything about all these madness in the axis and other places in Lagos. I believe these guys are indirectly part of LASG obviously.

3 Likes

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by oladipuposadeeq(m): 12:39am On Jan 22, 2023
Sirseedorf:
What is the benefit of agbero to the state, the people and tthe country? Why do we have many agbero unit instead of our security forces.
Our truck was coming from Ogun state, park on getting to iyana isashi The drive did not stop because none of the unfortunate agbero stoped him, lo and behold one cursed agbero came from no where and smash the side mirror with a pipe, the driver had to reverse back to ask he had to smash the side mirror broken when nobody ask him to stop, then about five of them started confronting the Old man and assaulting him physically with the pipe in the their hand. and saying they have juju to avert curses, while the assault was going on I was inside the truck, because if I had came down and support baba, his beating would have been child play mine. Eventually I came down to beg them, talk to the driver and we moved on in pain and anger, but nothing's to be done our side mirror was broken, the driver and old man was beating and I feel helple

Igbo elerin, isashi and igando are there base, and anybody benefiting from agbero cursed money shall know no peace..
I know that axis that side better ooooooo if you pass thru mile 2 around this time it's either you match them and pass and pray the other ones won't catch up with you or make all of you chop the beating⁸ because those touts are already mad.
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by jaxxy(m): 1:06am On Jan 22, 2023
Sirseedorf:

agberos are jobless youths that need to be engaged wisely by government. I will almost liken them to bandits in the North.

apc lagos has tried to engage them as illegal or unofficial tax collectors of some sort or road/transport workers and that has become a menace of its own.

The bitter truth is if we don't engage these jobless youths called agberos wisely they will go into brazen crime. Its a very serious issue that what we are currently dealing with.

2 Likes

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by EgunMogaji2: 1:20am On Jan 22, 2023
This is one of the reasons why I’ll always be grateful of the gun culture in the USA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by MrColdsweat: 2:02am On Jan 22, 2023
Bulletproofgt:
Igando, Ikotun, Iyana iba, Iyana isashi, Okoko, Igboelerin are terror areas of agberos. To make it worst Lagos State made one of the Head of touts as King of Iba. That's how Apc compensate their dirty thugs. Abi Oluomo is fighting to be Oba of Oshodi. Una never see anything
Jafo used to do some ritual back in the days. He'd walk round Iba naked from iyana school to aratummi to iba junction. He go just det waka naked.

Tinubu has destroyed the yoruba heritage.
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Hespee93: 2:20am On Jan 22, 2023
Ashez:
I strongly believe that this and many more will be thrashed out when Peter Obi steps in.
The menace agberos constitute on our major roads is out of hand, and only a reasonable government with reasonable plans to move the nation forward will put an end to this mess.
Obidient generation, we move

It'll even becone more worst if Obi become president cos he won't comdenmed their act just the way he didn't condemed ESN and co killing in the South.

4 Likes

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Hespee93: 2:22am On Jan 22, 2023
Dannyset:
grin

They won't tell you about the mad hungry and tattered-looking Agberos operating at the toll gate between Delta and Onisha. grin grin grin

Check their comments grin

Don't mind the hypocritical beings, many of them are here in Warri asaulting bike men both day and night

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Sotland: 2:30am On Jan 22, 2023
Those guys irritates me.... They are Jafo guys.

Sirseedorf:

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by deebrownneymar: 3:46am On Jan 22, 2023
Sirseedorf:

Tinubu and his children see your curse for here
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by KangaIye: 4:09am On Jan 22, 2023
They are always present in Akesan Junction along Igando Lasi road at night.
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Traplord09: 5:04am On Jan 22, 2023
Sweetpoison45:
Na Wetin dem learn from east be dat.Datz what Peter obi want to turn Nigeria into.ipob agberos

When u see a written statement above me u we no there is a monkey trying to jump the write up no difference between them and one above me...
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by AmuDimpka: 5:10am On Jan 22, 2023
Sirseedorf:

Yoruba youths have the highest respect that is why they flog an old driver with a pipe wmd break wide mirrors
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Xchii: 5:37am On Jan 22, 2023
43Ronin:
It's tinubu owomida youth empowerment scheme. It's what he gave the average poor yoruba youth in SW instead of free tertiary education
That's ironic coming from a ibo Osu bastard whose region is on fire because of what your own useless poor youths are doing, I heard some Ipob terrorists went to rape students in UNIZIK yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Xchii: 5:40am On Jan 22, 2023
dchamp234:

Yoruba lazy youths as usual, their master kept them there to insult and harass people, imagine what Nigeria will look like with tinubu in charge.
and your useless ibo Agberos youths and Ipob terrorists going around universities to rape students?

2 Likes

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by anigbajumo(m): 5:51am On Jan 22, 2023
astonished:
Why can't truck driver organize themselves and go after this people, get some weapons and kill all of them, since it's night, no one would recognise anyone and by the time they know that their life is at stake, they will all leave the road

Let me tell you wat u don’t knw, 60% of truck drivers are only after business only bro. We carry goods to lagos and find a way to carry goods from lagos so no time to waste at all, We can’t understand Lagos than lagosian, We can’t plan any attack and get away with it bro, it’s not possible as a stranger. We av reported to police no avail coz those guys are giving police money every month and av tag the twitter and Facebook handle of lagos state Government on this issue no response. Lagos state is the only Place we are facing this problem out of all the states of federation, It’s disheartening bro.

3 Likes

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by aku626(m): 6:19am On Jan 22, 2023
For many people who believe agberoism will be trashed by Obi, you’re deceiving yourselves indigents of the state have to vote a competent Governor as Presidential candidate has lil jurisdiction in the states.
Agberoism and Lagos are 5&6 the govt have chosen a blind eye towards it possibly because they’re political tools.
The police can’t do a thing to them also.

1 Like

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Illegal1(m): 6:31am On Jan 22, 2023
Bayelsa agberos nah worst,those ones no kukuma dey sleep...
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by kals4luv990(m): 6:43am On Jan 22, 2023
Sirseedorf:

the thing is dat these agbero neva jam problem na im make dem dey misbehave but dnt worry soon body counts go dey
My cousin knack one for eye last year Christmas nd mind yu,I am igbo nd he hate nonsense
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Taiwo20(m): 6:45am On Jan 22, 2023
Sirseedorf:

Even in the middle of the night they are always there. Jobless people.
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by naijamatter: 7:20am On Jan 22, 2023
That's how they do in that area. Dem get backing of Jafo (Iba king) who was a former union person.

Jafo... Iba king is the worst yoruba king ever, All over Iba, Iyanu Iba, Ojo Alaba, badagry, down to Barracks you will find his boys, with other groups of touts to Mike 2. Igando boys have also joined them, they make millions for themselves daily with their fake tickets.

Every body with nylon bags/goods are almost paying just to pass through those area with their different extortion methods.

Ojo LGA/ Lagos State Government should act now and save life and properties of people going through all those locations.
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by marlow1962(m): 7:26am On Jan 22, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
To cut it short, yorubas are agberos
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Sirseedorf(m): 7:28am On Jan 22, 2023
The iba king is one of them, reason there are so many in place he controlled. Lagos state government should do something about those miscreants, me being a motor boy is by integrity that I don't want to incur curses to myself by hurting others.

Imagine agbero telling drivers that nothing can happen to them even if you call army or soldier. some of those miscreants learn handwork but rather to use it to make money there are out there hurting innocent people..

Koni dafun agbero ati awon ti won fiwon sibe, inira ni won a ba ku.

1 Like

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by CursedOsuPigs: 7:39am On Jan 22, 2023
OgunKiLhordSpy:
Obingo and nmpkpuri

Your weed get alligator pepper inside grin

You're definitely high.

1 Like

Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by pimplucious: 7:46am On Jan 22, 2023
Sirseedorf:

You might not know the importance of these people you call AGBERO until - God forbid - there is an intended and a concerted effort by outsiders/enemies eg Fulani herdsmen to overrun Yoruba land.

You remember when Buhari govt asked every Nigerian with a gun to submit same to the police station, leaving everyone to the mercy of the mad Fulani herdsmen? Imagine there was a large scale invasion of Yoruba land by herdsmen at that time, who do you think will be the first respondence of defense? Who will come out to defend and protect you and yours?

These people are strategically allowed to float freely in SW states as a defense mechanism albeit in the underground world and unofficially. And they are purposely set up for such by BAT, although people fail to see this but that is one major reason they are allowed to float. Sure they constitute nuisance with their activities, I will advise you take it as a necessary evil which is resultant of the system in play in a country like Nigeria.
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Skmoda360(m): 7:49am On Jan 22, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

This is Dababy now ...he is also yoruba agbero, shey eh normal sha?
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by Komu1048(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2023
Asgard13:
If you tell them how agbero came to be in Nigeria and the very region that introduced it ..

They will shout tribalism with insult

But who cares
But like the name .. agbero..

Na south west creation under one Yoruba sage.. used majorly for political purposes..

Rest on pa.

Na una headache be that, agbero means Conductor. Politicians use drivers and Park workers for politics all over then country. So its never a thing peculiar to Yorubas alone.
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by id4sho(m): 8:42am On Jan 22, 2023
Komu1048:

Na una headache be that, agbero means Conductor. Politicians use drivers and Park workers for politics all over then country. So its never a thing peculiar to Yorubas alone.
They are silent like p in psychology here in the north.
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by lilachiever(m): 8:46am On Jan 22, 2023
tollyboy5:

See as you just open mouth waa!
If you get to court now can you prove this your statement?

Lol. Everyone around the area knows. So no come dey do oversabi for here.
Re: Agbero Madness On The Road at night by plantainbender(m): 9:18am On Jan 22, 2023
Sorry is all I can tell you. That's one of their zones. RTEAN, those agberos that wear yellow has been prescribed by LASG and has been handed over to Jafo Authority (the new king of that area), hence...

Asides that, just know that what obtains anywhere in Lagos now is that, once your vehicle is bigger than a minibus, you'll pay those boys, whether it's loaded or not, whether it's private or otherwise.

Sirseedorf:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pregnant Lady, Others Cheat Death As Vehicle Somersaults Multiple Times. Photos / Truck Falls On Odukpani Road In Cross River State (Pictures) / My Travail In Libya As I Sold My 4 Bedroom Flat For 450,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.