Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related (51854 Views)

Getting Into The UK Property Market. How To? Teach Us How To? Get In Here / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Lexusgs430: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
missjekyll:
Lol. Be serious Lexus. I absolutely must have a garden and study. I have no idea what to ask on viewings apart how quiet is around here ?

With regards your last question, when you see a property that enters your eye's + your offer accepted........ You would have to visit the property at different times of the day/week, to judge...........

Any room in the house, can easily be converted to a study........ How big do you want your garden ......... 😜😁

Fully paved, grass and trees (would you also want squirrels visiting..........😜😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Solumtoya: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
Yhello4u:
Hi

I have a residential mortage on a 5 year fixed rate

I have only lived in the house for 2 years and want to sell it or rent it out.

Can i change to BTL mortgages if yes will i be charged for it being that i m in a fixed term rate

Also BTL Mortgages are 25% deposit i deposited 10% when purchasing the house will i be required to pay the remaining 15% if i change to BTL mortgage?

If you have a good reason, you can just request for consent to let if you don't wanna sell. Some lenders allow you remain on a residential mortgage even after remortgaging

2 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by missjekyll: 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
Red squirrels, yes please. Tall trees, hiking trails, Highspeed train to London and Heathrow. Heaven.......wistful sigh
Lexusgs430:

With regards your last question, when you see a property that enters your eye's + your offer accepted........ You would have to visit the property at different times of the day/week, to judge...........

Any room in the house, can easily be converted to a study........ How big do you want your garden ......... 😜😁

Fully paved, grass and trees (would you also want squirrels visiting..........😜😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Yhello4u: 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
If I apply for consent to let and its granted

Can I get another residential mortgage to buy another property where i will live in?
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Yhello4u: 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
Solumtoya:

If you have a good reason, you can just request for consent to let if you don't wanna sell. Some lenders allow you remain on a residential mortgage even after remortgaging

Thanks
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Solumtoya: 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2023
Pearlyfaze:
Good Morning great minds.
Please I will need you to look at this and give me your thoughts. We are hoping to buy a property and the solicitor recommended by the developer gave us this quote:

TOTAL

£1,428.00

So it was initially £1668, when I replied his first email, he removed £240 and gave me the above.
Please is this a good deal? Do solicitors charge for having our deposit in LISA?

Also our insurance quote by the Mortgage advisor is huge. Circa 120 for a 25 year deal term and both of us are 40years old.

I just saw my Solicitor's final charge and it's over £3k if you add Land Registry of £330 and Engrossment Fee of £192. Those who have completed recently, na like this e dey be?

Although, I fear it's too late to negotiate sha. I have already signed everything and we are completing this week. Good lesson to use calculator and go through the fine lines next time.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by ukay2: 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2023
Solumtoya:

I just saw my Solicitor's final charge and it's over £3k if you add Land Registry of £330 and Engrossment Fee of £192. Those who have completed recently, na like this e dey be?

Although, I fear it's too late to negotiate sha. I have already signed everything and we are completing this week. Good lesson to use calculator and go through the fine lines next time.

It seems to be on the high side, but just complete and move into your house..... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Solumtoya: 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2023
ukay2:

It seems to be on the high side, but just complete and move into your house..... grin

I'm telling you! Few months after your completion, how has the experience been? cheesy
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by ukay2: 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
Solumtoya:

I'm telling you! Few months after your completion, how has the experience been? cheesy

Feels good to be in your own house always. No more landlords headaches grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Peerielass: 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2023
ukay2:

Feels good to be in your own house always. No more landlords headaches grin grin

😀🤣 Until your boiler breaks in the middle of winter and you have to cough out £4k for a new one, then you’ll wish you were still a tenant 😝.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Solumtoya: 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2023
Finally Completed, Keys in my hands.

Found the property in September and reserved. Completed in December.

Barclays 2 year fixed at 5.53%, 12% deposit and 2-year residence in UK.

God has been very kind.

Thanks to all for the beautiful contributions here and especially to Lexus and Ticha for reminding us this is doable and should be done.

Will share my lessons learnt ASAP.

27 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Ticha: 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
Solumtoya:

Congratulations 🎊 👏 💐
This is awesome news. Well done and enjoy your new home!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Pearlyfaze: 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2023
Solumtoya:

God has been very kind.

Thanks to all for the beautiful contributions here and especially to Lexus and Ticha for reminding us this is doable and should be done.

Congratulations oga Landlord. God is in the neighbourhood and the queue is definitely moving.
Enjoy your home Sir/ma.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by ukay2: 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
Solumtoya:

God has been very kind.

Congratulations and welcome to your lovely home....

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Estroller: 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2023
Solumtoya:

God has been very kind.

Congratulations, on to the next one.

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Gloriouscrown: 7:27am On Dec 16, 2023
Solumtoya:

God has been very kind.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by ProfJYK(m): 9:16am On Dec 16, 2023
Solumtoya:

God has been very kind.

congratulations.

Please share lessons sharpally.

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Stevepop: 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hi everyone,

Our completion is next week (20th) and I've been overthinking things. LISA has been withdrawn by solicitor and we've paid all fees. Please what should I expect to happen between now and Wednesday when we complete. Are they still going to ask for payslips, bank statements etc, is the lender still going to ask for documents from us before releasing the fund...Just worried of something happening between now and next week and need to be prepared.

This may be needless overthinking but just felt to ask smiley

cc: Solumtoya, as you just completed and it's still fresh in mind. A big congratulations to you and I look forward to putting up my completion post next week. cheesy
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Lexusgs430: 6:57pm On Dec 16, 2023
Stevepop:
Hi everyone,

Our completion is next week (20th) and I've been overthinking things. LISA has been withdrawn by solicitor and we've paid all fees. Please what should I expect to happen between now and Wednesday when we complete. Are they still going to ask for payslips, bank statements etc, is the lender still going to ask for documents from us before releasing the fund...Just worried of something happening between now and next week and need to be prepared.

cc: Solumtoya, as you just completed and it's still fresh in mind. A big congratulations to you and I look forward to putting up my completion post next week. cheesy

I call this tenants withdrawal symptoms........... 🤣😂😜
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by mex551(m): 7:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I call this tenants withdrawal symptoms........... 🤣😂😜
😀😀😀😀😀😀
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by ProfJYK(m): 12:15am On Dec 17, 2023
Estroller:

Reach out to your lender via your mortgage broker if you have one for an extension, they will usually extend your offer by about 3 months.

What a journey so far.

lender rejected an extension, saying product has already been pulled off the market.

I called conveyancer after getting new offer at 5.38%. many unprintable words after, i couldnt log into the legal process portal. The evil lady deleted my case after wasting 7 month of my life and costing an extra 98 pounds monthly in the new offer

Estate Agent reached out, told her i no do again.
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Solumtoya: 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2023
Stevepop:
Hi everyone,

Absolutely! I know the feeling, I was similarly worried, but 99.9% of the time, just sit and wait and it will be all fine. My Lender did nothing. In fact, I need to even sort out my building insurance as at no point was I told to do it.
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Estroller: 11:20pm On Dec 17, 2023
ProfJYK:

What a journey so far.

lender rejected an extension, saying product has already been pulled off the market.

I called conveyancer after getting new offer at 5.38%. many unprintable words after, i couldnt log into the legal process portal. The evil lady deleted my case after wasting 7 month of my life and costing an extra 98 pounds monthly in the new offer

Estate Agent reached out, told her i no do again.

Sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience you've had, the roller coaster of emotions involved in the process no be here true true. Our offer was extended for us for another 3 months when it became clear that we weren't going to complete before the initial offer ran out, reason why I suggested it. I guess we were lucky to get the extension and at the same rate as the initial offer. Keep your head up, it is perfectly ok to take a step back and revaluate before giving it a go again. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Ogonsbaba: 2:16am On Dec 18, 2023
Please, how can I open Lifetime ISA account with Barclay Bank?. Do i have to visit the bank physically or can I open the account with my bank app? And does it have deadlines that one is supposed to meet up with the £4000 to be eligible for the £1000 bonus?
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Estroller: 8:33am On Dec 18, 2023
Ogonsbaba:
Please, how can I open Lifetime ISA account with Barclay Bank?. Do i have to visit the bank physically or can I open the account with my bank app? And does it have deadlines that one is supposed to meet up with the £4000 to be eligible for the £1000 bonus?

Have you confirmed that Barclays does offer the product?

As long as the £4000 is in your account by 5th April of the following year, it doesn't matter how, lump sum or drip fed, you will get the full £1k bonus.

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Raalsalghul: 10:11am On Dec 18, 2023
I've seen information on this thread that the Lifetime ISA can only be used for retirement or towards buying a house.

Quick question: How does the government monitor this and makes sure that the money's not used for personal purposes?
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Raalsalghul: 10:12am On Dec 18, 2023
Estroller:

As long as the £4000 is in your account by 5th April of the following year, it doesn't matter how, lump sum or drip fed, you will get the full £1k bonus.

Quick question: How does the government monitor this and makes sure that the money's not used for personal purposes?
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Estroller: 11:06am On Dec 18, 2023
Raalsalghul:

For house purchase, you don't get to withdraw the money personally, it goes to your conveyancer who adds it together with your deposit for onward transfer to the seller or developer.

Retirement, I guess proof of retirement/attaining state pension age or something in that regard.

It can also be withdrawn if the account holder is terminally ill, this should be easy to prove.
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Raalsalghul: 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
Estroller:

For house purchase, you don't get to withdraw the money personally, it goes to your conveyancer who adds it together with your deposit for onward transfer to the seller or developer.

Retirement, I guess proof of retirement/attaining state pension age or something in that regard.

It can also be withdrawn if the account holder is terminally ill, this should be easy to prove.

Thanks.

This makes a lot of sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by tjsadiq(m): 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hi everyone , a friend wants to apply for post study visa but her passport has expired, she has applied for a new passport but its not out yet. Her visa expires in less than 4 weeks.

What can she do?
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Ogonsbaba: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2023
Estroller:

I haven't confirmed if Barclays bank offer the product. But please, how can I open a Lifetime ISA account? I bank with Lloyd's and Barclays bank. I'm not seeing anything related to Lifetime ISA in my bank apps. Thanks!
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Stevepop: 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2023
Solumtoya:

Absolutely! I know the feeling, I was similarly worried, but 99.9% of the time, just sit and wait and it will be all fine. My Lender did nothing. In fact, I need to even sort out my building insurance as at no point was I told to do it.

Thanks for your response. Quite relieving 😊

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (39) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] / 72-seater Plane Crashes In Pokhara, Nepal. 40 Bodies Recovered / 37 Ogun Corpers Involved In Accident After Leaving NYSC Orientation Camp (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.