Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) (38626 Views)

Truck Rams Into Bank In Ogun, 2 Crushed To Death, Others Injured (Graphic Pics) / A Commercial Bus Summersaults In Lone Accident In Ikeja (Pictures) / A Bus Plunged Into River Siyiabei, Kenya. 17 Passengers Dead (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by higgs: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
Jeez! Nigerians should please stop overspeeding. Most of these accidents are caused by overspeeding. Even if You have an accident at low or moderate speeds,the accident will most likely not be fatal.If You are in a vehicle and the driver is overspeeding,please warn him to reduce his speed unless You just want to risk your life.

Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Confirm4real(m): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2023
zimdante:

My brother and the year consumed them, life is uncertain, every moment should be appreciated and enjoyed.

That's true, God will continue to protect us all.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by sharpwriter(m): 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2023
higgs:
Jeez! Nigerians should please stop overspeeding. Most of these accidents are caused by overspeeding. Even if You have an accident at low or moderate speeds,the accident will most likely not be fatal.If You are in a vehicle and the driver is overspeeding,please warn him to reduce his speed unless You just want to risk your life.
Funny enough, the people lamenting on this thread are the same bragging about their speeds few weeks ago here https://www.nairaland.com/7503070/whats-highest-speed-did-experienced

There are many of such threads like this on nairaland, I only brought this one out because it's very recent.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by obrian888: 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
Imagine if that bus had been Lagos state owned or BRT. Our idol worshipping Igbos from the potopoto region who camouflage as Christians would have been screaming Tinubu upandan like headless chicken. May the souls of departed rest.in peace. Amen

i know it is paining you that if this had happened within the western region and possibly where you can reach, there will be opportunity for you to steal skull and possible collect blood to renew your yearly ritual and get some flesh to prepare ewedu and gbegri for your useless good for nothing family, i pity your parents. this is va time to mourn not the time to be foolish in the public domain because of free 20mb gifted by MTN, ONE SMALL TECHNO Phone. who even told you Yorubas have better Christians than the Ibos, who did the study for you? olodo.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Trendy247: 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by pikechukwu6(m): 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
God help us all... may their souls rest in peace!
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by OkoRemi2023(m): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2023
Seefinish:
people are grieving that people who were on journey died in accident and hopeless being like you is spewing this trash?
If not because Yoruba people who are around me are people who are humane and sympathetic when misfortunes befall others, I would have insulted the entire Yoruba tribe. But I wont insult a freeborn because of a bastard

look at this mumu, are you imbeciles just insulting Yoruba nation?

has your insult has negative things to Yoruba Nation? rather na you dey sit at home and die like fowl in your own ancestral land
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by MikeMicheal(m): 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2023
DriveByKiller:
A bus built to carry 9 passengers, Nigerians will modify the sitting position to 18.

Poverty of the mind and body
Will you pay the price of 9 passengers?
That is double.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by ifygod20(m): 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2023
God please this is too Early, may God almighty comfort the bereaved family and grant the departed soul internal rest.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Rayd502(m): 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2023
May their gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Donjuan77: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2023
Aktc vehicles only carries just 13 and 14 passengers and it was 4passengers and the driver that lost their lives making it five so where did d eye witness got his or her information from.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by LugardD1: 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
This is terrible, RIP
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by vikithor(m): 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
It's unfortunate it happens to these people, accident doesn't just happened, accident is caused and can be avoided,evaded, stopped, minimised to a large extent.
Overspeeding is the first immediate cause of accident
Ask me for further information.
I have been instructing on safe driving since 2012 till date and hope to retire soon.
Corporate and individual can still benefits from my years of experience.
See contact below
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Ovieemmanuel: 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2023
anayolity:

You're a big bastard for bringing this up at this moment may tribalism destroy everything you build ...... Stvpid idiiot
everything including his family. Wasted sperm.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by sexyto(m): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
Over inflated tires and high speed.
RIP. my condolences.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Honduras: 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
Obio4real:
By Obio Monday

Seventeen passengers were crushed to death in a fatal accident involving an 18-seater bus belonging to Akwa Ibom Transport Company (AKTC).

GRASSROOT REPORTERS gathered that only one passenger survived the accident which took place last night, January 20, 2023.

The only survivor of the accident, Idorenyin Daniel, said she sat in the front seat with driver but the driver could not make it.

Eyewitnesses told our correspondent that the bus lost control and summersaulted several times.

Most of the victims of the accident had their body parts severed.

The bus was heading to Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital.

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2023/01/17-passengers-crushed-to-death-as-aktc-bus-heading-to-akwa-ibom-summersaults.html?amp=1

Over speed......AKTC needs to train thier new set of drivers....some don't believe in accident.....now see the effect
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by MrBroke(m): 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2023
Happy New year is an illusion, we all back to reality
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Aremson14(m): 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2023
Nazgul:
95% of fatal accidents on our roads are as a result of over speeding. And because most of our highways don't have speed limit and cameras to capture violators. Passengers are at the mercy of these reckless drivers.

Rip to dead.
This is very true. I have a friend who drives cross country and between borders, one time we got talking, he said he has been making this movement for close to 3 years now he said he doesn't think he scratched any vehicle he drove once. Cause he doesn't overspead, always careful, and understands majority of drivers in Nigeria are mad. May the deceased rest in peace.

The rest of us especially people who drive should take extra precautions. Remember the more speed u move the higher the chance of being involved in a fatal accident
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by nesphil(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
Jesus Christ!

May their souls rest in peace.
This is so sad menh.

Obio4real:
By Obio Monday

Seventeen passengers were crushed to death in a fatal accident involving an 18-seater bus belonging to Akwa Ibom Transport Company (AKTC).

GRASSROOT REPORTERS gathered that only one passenger survived the accident which took place last night, January 20, 2023.

The only survivor of the accident, Idorenyin Daniel, said she sat in the front seat with driver but the driver could not make it.

Eyewitnesses told our correspondent that the bus lost control and summersaulted several times.

Most of the victims of the accident had their body parts severed.

The bus was heading to Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital.

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2023/01/17-passengers-crushed-to-death-as-aktc-bus-heading-to-akwa-ibom-summersaults.html?amp=1
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by DriveByKiller: 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2023
MikeMicheal:
Will you pay the price of 9 passengers?
That is double.
offshoot of a possessed, disturbed and cursed lineage.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
OH NO.... NO.

This is too early for the year. GOD PLEASE..... just too gory...

THIS YEAR, MAY GOD'S MERCY EXEMPT US FROM SUCH MISHAP.... MAY ANYONE RELATED TO US NOT BE VICTIMS.

Oh for the families of these ones.... GOD, PLS HELP THEM. Oh this is .....kai embarassed

Too early?

Go and check FRSC record and you will see the number of gory accidents that have happened this year already.

That is why air transportation is the safest form of transportation.

May God continue to protect us.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Taigaban: 5:03pm On Jan 21, 2023
AKTC drivers are reported to be very reckless, stupid and idiotic. An AKTC driver was seen drinking palmwine on his way taking passengers to Abuja. And when some passengers complained the driver was very angry and refused to coorperate. How can someone carrying over 15 passengers be so heartless with zero safety consciousness.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Illegal1(m): 5:30pm On Jan 21, 2023
Oboi...dis one is strong.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Oracleee: 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
Trapnews:

Your generation is.hopeless, so you prefer i write that you and your household rest.in peace abi? so be it.

You are one bastard who deserves death.. I hope it visits one of your loved ones soon so your comment here can be edited to you.

You need to draw line between politics and been humane. I spit on your generations and seeds that will come from you with your level of reasoning.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by MikeMicheal(m): 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2023
DriveByKiller:
I am an offshoot of a possessed, disturbed and cursed lineage.
No wonder.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by ubee(m): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
I hope this is not a phoney report.
These pictures look very much like the exact pictures released about 2 years back when an AKTC bus crashed on the road from Aba to Uyo.

And I quickly searched for information on Google to confirm this news but I haven't seen anything on it.

It would be a disgrace and borderline criminal if Nairaland doesn't have a procedure in place to vet sensitive stories like this one before having them published on their site.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Trapnews: 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2023
Oracleee:

You are one bastard who deserves death.. I hope it visits one of your loved ones soon so your comment here can be edited to you.

You need to draw line between politics and been humane. I spit on your generations and seeds that will come from you with your level of reasoning.
May you and your generatoons yet unborn meet tragic death. May you.never find peace and when you evetually die, may you be eaten by dogs.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Fujiyama: 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
OkoRemi2023:
look at this mumu, are you imbeciles just insulting Yoruba nation?

has your insult has negative things to Yoruba Nation? rather na you dey sit at home and die like fowl in your own ancestral land

^^^

Hmm...wonder who's the 'mumu' and 'slowpoke'...

The fellow you quoted didn't insult anyone. He wanted to...but then he checked himself.

You should try it sometime.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Ted4real: 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
When a driver lost control on while on stirring one thing come to mind, he dose off thereby jeapardizing the safety of others on board.

Am so bittered right now as it is too early for this saddened news for the year.

God will give us escape in all our journey this year in Jesus name.

RIP to the dead.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Fujiyama: 6:30pm On Jan 21, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:

He isn't sick. What he said is true because we have many mad people here on nairaland what would have said it

^^^

So why didn't he wait for someone to say it? His pre-emptive strike has backfired and he's drawing flak...because of what some 'mad people' (your words) didn't actually say. What was the point?
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by nwanyiugbo122(f): 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2023
Oh my goodness! Human lives wasted like that? I could remember when I travelled for the Christmas holiday in the East, I wasn't myself till I got home and came back to Abuja safely, was imagining so many ugly things in my head. Thanks to God it was a safe journey, and may these ones rest peaceful.
Re: 17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) by Fujiyama: 6:56pm On Jan 21, 2023
Angelfrost:
There really should be speed limits on our roads, and severe punishment for those who exceed them!

The severity and fatality of this accident would have far less if the driver wasn't on a breakneck speed!

^^^
While I don't know the backstory to this accident, I have seen several, several of them over the years and the general conclusion is the same: It is a failure of regulation, full stop.

There are people who comply with rules because of moral suasion - that's enough for them for them to obey the law. There are others driven by high ideals - these ideals keep them in check and in line with the law. Yet there are others who over time, have seen that laws, rules and regulations exist for our benefit - and this realization (which often comes only with age and experience) is enough for them to comply.

And then there is the majority...who only understand the whip. Moral suasion, idealism, moderation etc. don't move them. They will break laws if they can...and only the fear of the whip restrains them. If the whip lacks bite... then expect major tragedies like the ones we are seeing in these pictures. It is a human problem.

Serious countries do not joke with road transportation. They know what's at stake. It is also no coincidence that the countries which have seatbelt laws, speed limits, vehicle inspection laws etc. (and enforce them to the letter) also tend to have good road infrastructure. These things reinforce one another and the system works - by design...and implementation/enforcement.

Several people on this thread have expressed their anguish by calling on God...and its understandable. Looking at pictures of what were once living, breathing humans...it does remind us that we are not immortal. But we are not helpless. These deaths are unnecessary. They are preventable - but it requires purposeful, intentional action - and the burden of that action lies squarely on government. No matter what anyone says - Nigeria's high rate of road traffic accidents (RTA) is simply a failure of regulation, full stop.

A Tall Nigerian Man And His Chinese Colleagues Strike A Pose (Photos) / 97 Nigerians Deported From South Africa For Various Offences Arrive In Lagos / Missing Boy Found At Peace Park Upper Iweka, Onitsha (picture)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51