Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? (29475 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Light78: 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2022
Mine was the day I boarded a bus from Lagos to Owerri. I sat at the front seat number two ( the VIP position) at a point when we approached Benni bypass, this driver started doing 165km/hr.

My uncle once told me that anything above 125 km/hr is death sentence.

I had to point the speedometer for the driver to see, and he was laughed it off and told me to forget that thing.

Another experience was when talking a car to Lagos from Owerri.

The driver I paid to drive me was experienced. We arrived that same Benin, and this guy did 210 km/h, it was like the fuel was zapping and the exhaust sound was light.

Dem no born any other car make e pass us, but I was surprised to see a man in his Hyundai passed us.

I guess that one was doing about 240 km/h.

I had to tell him to reduce and not cross 120km/h and above.

Share your experience and advise to people who would want to do that one day.

I advise drivers to lower their speed. Speed kills.

The first one happened in 2016, while my second experience was in 2019.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
Light78:
Mine was the day I boarded a bus from Lagos to Owerri. I sat at the front seat number two ( the VIP positive) at a point when we approached Benni bypass, this driver started doing 165km/hr.

I had to point the speedometer for the driver to see and he was laughing, telling me to forget that thing.

The driver I paid to drive me was experienced. We arrived that same Benin, and this guy did 210 km/h, it was like the fuel was zapping and the exhaust sound was light.

Dem no born any other car make e pass us, but I was surprised to see a man in his Hyundai passed us.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by nurey(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
300km/h
VW phaeton
6.0L W12 engine
Abuja kaduna highway

Limiter removed, lost 2 tires after the stunt, they melted prematurely.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by HeartlessMan: 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
Over 600km/h.
Numerous times.
Air Peace airlines.

305 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Typicool8(m): 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
HeartlessMan:
Over 600km/h.
Numerous times.
Air Peace airlines.

Surely na osogbo weed u dey smoke grin

237 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ibkayee(f): 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
I never do more than 70mph (technically the legal limit over here but people still do more)

Be careful, you are not the only people on these roads

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Chaos14: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
ibkayee:
I never do more than 70mph (technically the legal limit over here but people still do more)

Be careful, you are not the only people on these roads
Our debate has not finished

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Chaos14: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
Lagos-ibadan express 180KM/h

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by decatalyst(m): 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2022
Chaos14:
Lagos-ibadan express 180KM/h

With what car?

Please do not mention Toyota. Otherwise I will say you don't love your loved ones.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by sheantip(m): 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2022

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ibkayee(f): 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Reduced the speed cos I wanted to make a video.

Sagamu-ore express way.
Reduced the speed to 175 to make a video?

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Chaos14: 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
decatalyst:

With what car?

Please do not mention Toyota. Otherwise I will say you don't love your loved ones.
Toyota camry 2015

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by HeartlessMan: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
nurey:
300km/h
VW phaeton
6.0L W12 engine
Abuja kaduna highway

Oga dis your zobo is too chilled.

An average F1 car does 300km/h and they are equipped to not take off. How did your rickety VW remain on the ground @ 300km/h comrade?

191 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Kasdat5(m): 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
Trip - Kaduna - Maiduguri
Location - Azare ( Bauchi state)
Date - May 2019
Vehicle - BMW 2012 3 series Xdrive
Speed - 200km/hr
Did I enjoy it - Yes
Will I try it again - No

Others iv done
Peugeot 307
Abj - Kaduna express
180km

Toyota sienna
Kano - Kaduna
180km

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by buygala(m): 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
210km per hour.. Early 2022

2010 Accord V6..

Airport Road Abuja..

Was late for a flight to Lagos for an interview.. Some girl fvcked me to stupor, making me sleep like the dead.. Woke up barely 40 minutes to take-off sad

Na so Abosede for kill me grin

And no.. I won't try it again..anything above 140km/hr, I no dey do.

Whenever I see people doing such crazy speeds, I wonder whether they have given any thought to what might happen if the vehicle bursts a tyre at that speed, some critical suspension part like ball-joint fails, or some big animal runs into the road, or for some reason they have to do a quick swerve...

The quicker we realise that vehicles, no matter their age and how well maintained, can disastrously fail at any time, the better for us..

And the worst thing is that when tragedy befalls these people doing crazy speeds, they hardly die alone from their stupidity .. They almost always take other innocent road users, passers-by with them.

210 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ibkayee(f): 9:49pm On Dec 30, 2022
buygala:
210km per hour.. Early 2022

2010 Accord V6..

Airport Road Abuja..

Was late for a flight to Lagos for an interview.. Some girl fvcked me to stupor, making me sleep like the dead.. Woke up barely 40 minutes to take-off sad

Na so Abosede for kill me grin

And no.. I won't try it again..anything above 140km/hr, I no dey do.

Whenever I see people doing such crazy speeds, I wonder whether they have given any thought to what might happen if the vehicle bursts a tyre at that speed, some critical suspension part like ball-joint fails, or some big animal runs into the road, or for some reason they have to do a quick swerve...

The quicker we realise that vehicles, no matter their age and how well maintained, can disastrously fail at any time, the better for us..

And the worst thing is that when tragedy befalls these people doing crazy speeds, they hardly die alone from their stupidity .. They almost always take other innocent road users, passers-by with them.
Risky

Did you at least make the interview?

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Timagex(m): 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
I wouldn't call myself a very fast driver, but, I hold my own. In 2018/19, when I was still doing contract driving jobs, I drove a woman and her kids from Ibadan to osogbo. On the way, I saw a BMW 5 series in front of me, having faith in the v6 evil spirit, I increased my speed and overtook it. (I later found out a woman was behind the wheels). The thing sweet me. cool

Suddenly, it started looking like the BMW was gaining. She finally leveled up, but, before she sped off, she looked at me with one yeye smile like this and off she went! cheesy grin shocked. She went away so fast I doubted my speedometer. grin You know when you are on 110/115 and a car overtakes you like you are on 60kmh! angry I was so angry! I wanted to chase, but, I was reminded that, "na inside Honda we dey o and that's a 5 series BMW in the hands of a wicked woman". grin grin. I just took my L in peace.

I respected BMW more that day and I certainly feared women more! grin

In other news, contact me if exquisite wedding photography is a priority to you. WhatsApp is zero right zero 63793158.

175 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:22pm On Dec 30, 2022
Light78:
Mine was the day I boarded a bus from Lagos to Owerri. I sat at the front seat number two ( the VIP position) at a point when we approached Benni bypass, this driver started doing 165km/hr.

I had to point the speedometer for the driver to see, and he was laughed it off and told me to forget that thing.

Meen! You see that word "zap"? I tell you it's miraculous. It would look like your fuel is leaking.

I notice this disappearance from 160kph whether it is Audi 80 or CRV.

But my Chrysler did not give me enough time to measure even though I pushed it past 170kph it started vibrating (one engine seating broken) so I had to drop back. Besides it takes 2 hills of almost continuous hard braking to stop safely from that speed.

Speed no good o. There is another thread here where people posted pics of their top speed. See as people dey do 200kph. Sha I still intend to register my name for dia

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by buygala(m): 1:05am On Dec 31, 2022
ibkayee:

Risky

Did you at least make the interview?

Yes I did

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by thelegend1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bmw 535i 2005 model. Lagos to Ondo = N260kmph

Honda Accord 2004 model = Never dared beyond 140kmph (E get why)

Ford Something 2015 model. Abuja environs = was doing about 120kmph when Cow entered the road from nowhere. Lucky to be alive after the crash.

Speed kills...use only in times of absolute necessity, controlled environment or emergency.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by youngbabaj(m): 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2022
230km /hr
Valves. 16
Toyota camry 2019

Benin asaba way 2022
Just me and my 7 years old daughter

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Alvin007: 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2022
205km/hr…on 4th gear…out of 5.
Akure—Owo road(2008).
1996 BMW M3.
That ride was a beast.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by bonnyhope: 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2022
I never cross 120km/h

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by esiri4jesu(m): 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2022
200km/h
Audi 80 tiger face
Warri to Benin that was in 2014

That car really knows how to double up with good stability.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Kingdemu: 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
nurey:
300km/h
VW phaeton
6.0L W12 engine
Abuja kaduna highway

Good afternoon Sir. How's the family? I know sey I must find you here cheesy

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Kingdemu: 9:16pm On Dec 31, 2022
HeartlessMan:

Oga dis your zobo is too chilled.

An average F1 car does 300km/h and they are equipped to not take off. How did your rickety VW remain on the ground @ 300km/h comrade?
You dey mind that Comrade cheesy

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by RZArecta(m): 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2022
220kmph
Mercedes Benz ML 500 Sport
East West road
Ph - Yenagoa

I hit 160 one time on Lekki - Epe road going home one late night in my yeye EcoSport

Speed is sweet but life is sweeter cool

23 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Angrygoat: 7:22am On Jan 01, 2023
Dnt try me. 230kph.my speedometer ends at 280. Benin ore. Fire down

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Itsrm(m): 7:47am On Jan 01, 2023
I've never had the confidence to go beyond 160km/hr no matter the vehicle I'm driving. I just start remembering the people I left at home.

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Fremantle: 10:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Car was just bought, that was during the Covid-19 pandemic, decided to take the minivan for a spin along the Abuja keffi rd, then the road was still ok.

Vehicle - Toyota Sienna

Speed - 160Km/h (100mph)

At that speed I could feel the van lift off the ground like a plane about to take off, the steering wheel became soft and the van somewhat responded more to the path of the road than me holding the steering.

Second case was a Peugeot 206, a car in front of me (Corolla 06) was running and I took it upon myself to catch the guy (bad idea) all my effort to meet this guy seemed fruitless at every stop and go, so when we got to a long stretch of road, and a bit of calculations i had to push the poor 206 to meet up and eventually pass this guy. I lost the two front tires and the passenger side suspension (not immediately tho) cause during the overtake, the car steering wheel started to shake violently.

Vehicle - Peugeot 206 (Manual)

Speed - 150km/h

The Peugeot 206 is an old car (13yrs Old) and has been ringed once.

Will I ever reach those speeds again, I don't think so especially in a Peugeot 206 car, car is damn light to run at those ridiculous speeds.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by RZArecta(m): 10:17am On Jan 01, 2023
Fremantle:
Car was just bought, that was during the Covid-19 pandemic, decided to take the minivan for a spin along the Abuja keffi rd, then the road was still ok.

Vehicle - Toyota Sienna

Speed - 160Km/h (100mph)

At that speed I could feel the van lift off the ground like a plane about to take off, the steering wheel became soft and the van somewhat responded more to the path of the road than me holding the steering.

Second case was a Peugeot 206, a car in front of me (Corolla 06) was running and I took it upon myself to catch the guy (bad idea) all my effort to meet this guy seemed fruitless at every stop and go, so when we got to a long stretch of road, and a bit of calculations i had to push the poor 206 to meet up and eventually pass this guy. I lost the two front tires and the passenger side suspension (not immediately tho) cause during the overtake, the car steering wheel started to shake violently.

Vehicle - Peugeot 206 (Manual)

Speed - 150km/h

The Peugeot 206 is an old car (13yrs Old) and has been ringed once.

Will I ever reach those speeds again, I don't think so especially in a Peugeot 206 car, car is damn light to run at those ridiculous speeds.
grin you never chi chomching grin

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Fremantle: 10:38am On Jan 01, 2023
RZArecta:
grin you never chi chomching grin
Lol bro I don learn something o, I went for a traditional wedding on Friday along airport road, fear no gree me pass 120km/h inside Sienna 09.

I've come to realize that na where your craze stop na there another person own start, you should see the way people run along this Abuja Airport Road, if you're not disciplined enough you may just be tempted to chase somebod and the wonders those taxi drivers do with their small Golf and Mazda sef na story for another day.

33 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

US: Thieves Steal 124 Wheels From 34 Chevy Cars Worth $120,000 In A Single Night / My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car? / All 2019 Bentley Models Will Come With Centenary Badges To Mark Its 100 Years

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58