Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Glo Internet Very Terrible - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Internet Very Terrible (2080 Views)

How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection / The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria / Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Internet Very Terrible by frenchman2: 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2011
i just started using glo for my internet service here in PH.
their service is nothing to write home about.
very very poor here in G.R.A

i just want to know are there other user in PH experiencing same
or is it from my pc.
pls share your experience
Re: Glo Internet Very Terrible by Osama10(m): 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
Between Glo and Mtn I don't even know which one is worse.
Re: Glo Internet Very Terrible by Philcool(m): 8:23pm On Sep 08, 2011
frenchman2:

or is it from my pc.
I used it in PortHarcourt (inside town area) with EDGE but I travelled to Bonny and was shocked to see that they are the best, Airtel- second while MTN and Etisalat are dragging the bottom-pot.
Re: Glo Internet Very Terrible by omoba231(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2011
i think im going for because glo just scam me of me one bisweek and bismonth just two days, 3700 , best scam ever al in the name of network problem , if una get problem please return my money ooooooo
Re: Glo Internet Very Terrible by Osama10(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2011
Have you guys tried starcom's izap, it works well in warri but have not tried it in ph.
Re: Glo Internet Very Terrible by Dabss(m): 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2011
frenchman2:

or is it from my pc.
sorry bro
here in kd Glo rocks (800kps download speed)
but sometimes the egde/3g just disappears for some hours undecided)
Re: Glo Internet Very Terrible by papaejima2: 4:24am On Sep 13, 2011
I use mtn fastlink but when I travel out of ph, I find out the service is either very poor or non-existent. So the last time I travelled to Enugu, I got a glo netpro. It was doing okay but when I came back to ph, the service was so terrible. I don't think there will be a service as bad as glo netpro in ph. In fact, I don't know whether mine was programmed to work well in only Enugu. People here say visafone is the bomb. When my subscription expires, I will try that out. All these crappy services makes me acquiring modems anyhow. At the last count, I have four, which can not even be resold for good money. So frustrating.
Re: Glo Internet Very Terrible by frenchman2: 12:24am On Sep 14, 2011
papa ejima:

I use mtn fastlink but when I travel out of ph, I find out the service is either very poor or non-existent. So the last time I travelled to Enugu, I got a glo netpro. It was doing okay but when I came back to ph, the service was so terrible. I don't think there will be a service as bad as glo netpro in ph. In fact, I don't know whether mine was programmed to work well in only Enugu. People here say visafone is the bomb. When my subscription expires, I will try that out. All these crappy services makes me acquiring modems anyhow. At the last count, I have four, which can not even be resold for good money. So frustrating.
[/quote
stop buying modems. If you can't afford a universal modem, then unlock the ones you have so you can use any network.
i can give you the software for free. just send me a mail. pleasedashme@yahoo.com
Re: Glo Internet Very Terrible by Dabss(m): 9:29am On Sep 14, 2011
frenchman2:

Unlocking the mordem makes it slower.
Re: Glo Internet Very Terrible by malikalhaj: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Unlocking the mordem makes it slower.
I no U R joking, cos nobody would seriously say that.
Regarding the topic, i think it has to do with ur location. To the best of my knowledge if u come to a place where all the network have very good data network u will find out that GLO is the best in Nigeria
Re: Glo Internet Very Terrible by luluosas(m): 12:58pm On Sep 14, 2011
Well, I use mobile phone for my internet stuff. I was subscribing for etisalat 10mb/24 hrs data plan, when glo was not having mobile data plans. But, ever since glo released their mobile data plans, the glo service is far far better than etisalat, in terms of speed and reliability. In fact, I do always feel it strange, when I see people complaining about glo internet service. They are the best.
Re: Glo Internet Very Terrible by lynxnoon(m): 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2011
well i would say for now Glo has the best data plan n service
tho i think they currently on a downtime now and like someone said it depends on ur location
. . . . for instance, the 3g signals is very strong in my office n am using it now but when i get back home theres 3g signal but no internet access so i have to revert to EDGE, which is strong as per signals but very slow internet access , , , but when their networks ok generally, i enjoy the full 3g service both office and at home.

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! / O_o Woman Dumps 13 Of Her Boyfriend's Apple Gadgets In Water Because He Cheated / What Is The Meaning Of This Message From Glo? (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.