Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,178 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors (1412 Views)

Kz Edx Vs Qkz Ak6 in ear monitors comparison / What Are In Ear Monitors And Why You Should Get One? / Oraimo Freepod 3 (29$) Vs Apple Airpods 3 ($179) : Battle Of The TWS Earbuds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by atheistandproud(m): 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
Which listening device should you be aiming for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPH02J5GV3c

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by atheistandproud(m): 9:00am On Jan 24, 2023
For many people who use listen to music, the choice of TWS earbuds vs In Ear Monitors (IEMs) may have popped up at some point.

Before moving on to which one's better, let us define what they are first.

TWS earbuds

TWS stands True Wireless Stereo. A True Wireless Stereo earbud is simply an earbud or listening device that is wireless. TWS earbuds uses a Bluetooth antenna to receive digital audio signals from a source (e.g. a smartphone) before converting it into analog audio.

Analog audio refers to the sound vibrations that we can hear. TWS earbuds are named True Wireless because they are different from other Bluetooth audio devices that use adapters. TWS earbuds have the Bluetooth antennas built in and thus do not need any adapters. They're simply plug and play.

TWS earbuds are designed for use by the general public. They do well in professional settings and are usually nice looking and eye catching.

Read: What are In Ear Monitors?

In Ear Monitors

In Ear Monitors also known as IEMs are listening devices that used to listen to very rich audio. They are characterized by rich sound and heavy bass.

IEMs were originally a niche product designed for audiophiles, musicians, DJs, sound/beat mixers, gamers etc. These are people who are very picky about their sound listening habits and require a good level of sound fidelity.

Due to this background, IEMs did not come cheap. One would usually need to procure one for several hundred dollars in the not so distant past but recently, IEMs have suddenly become very affordable. This is due to Chinese companies like KZ and QKZ and thanks to them, anyone can pick up an IEM on the cheap.

TWS earbuds vs In Ear Monitors

The TWS earbuds vs In Ear Monitors debate is a rather very interesting one as both devices have come to dominate the general market place. The TWS earbuds tend to be the more popular option whilst the IEMs tend to be more niche in nature.

Pros of TWS
Wireless
Convenient
Freedom of movement
Functionality

Cons of TWS
Battery issues
Latency
Poor sound isolation
Poor bass
Poor longevity

Pros of IEMs
Zero latency
Zero battery issues
Better sound quality
More bass
Sound isolation/passive noise cancellation

Cons of IEMs
Wires
Less convenience
Less freedom of movement
Versus

Now let's proceed with the TWS earbuds vs In Ear Monitors debate.

The similarities between both audio listening devices are that they're both small and portable and can be very affordable.

As for the differences, there's plenty to run through.

The first thing that stands out immediately is the fact that TWS earbuds are wireless. This ensures that using TWS earbuds provide convenience, freedom of movement as well as extra functionality.

IEMs on the other hand use wires. This would limit convenience and freedom of movement.

On the flip side however, IEMs have zero latency, more bass, better sound, better sound isolation and no battery issues. Since IEMs are a niche device, a lot more attention is paid to the audio output. They also tend to have better longevity as well. IEMs with detachable cables also offer the option to switch to a wireless state by offering using Bluetooth adapters.

TWS earbuds do suffer from latency issues, have less sound quality, less bass, less sound isolation and need to be recharged frequently.

Summary

At the end of the day, what you choose should be dependent on your needs. If mobility, convenience and functionality is your need, then TWS earbuds should be spot on for you. However, if you're looking for better sound and are willing to put up with cables then it's a no-brainer. IEMs are best for you.

I have both devices and I use them as the occasion demands.

Source: https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2023/01/24/tws-earbuds-vs-in-ear-monitors/

If you enjoyed this article, then do keep up with us using the following channels

Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Follow on Facebook
Join our Telegram community
Participate on Reddit
Find us on Quora
Follow us on Instagram
Check out the Clubhouse as well

1 Like

Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by Prinzton(m): 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2023
Would have put up at least a picture showing samples of each.

2 Likes

Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by atheistandproud(m): 10:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
Prinzton:
Would have put up at least a picture showing samples of each.

Hmm...
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by OneKinGuy(m): 9:16am On Jan 29, 2023
I use 7hz salnotes zero. One of the best IEM under $20.

Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by Prinzton(m): 9:23am On Jan 29, 2023
atheistandproud:

Hmm...
You would have uploaded an image showing samples of each.
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by atheistandproud(m): 10:00am On Jan 29, 2023
Prinzton:

You would have uploaded an image showing samples of each.

Which sample should I have posted bruh, Apple abi na Infinix? Redmi abi na Baseus? TWS na TWS, there's already a video there for visuals.

I made a video then I went the extra mile to transcribe it into text. Now you're using the fact that I did not add pictures to flog me. Na wa oh.
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by atheistandproud(m): 10:03am On Jan 29, 2023
OneKinGuy:

It's $25 USD sha

Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by Prinzton(m): 10:05am On Jan 29, 2023
atheistandproud:

Which sample should I have posted bruh, Apple abi na Infinix? Redmi abi na Baseus? TWS na TWS, there's already a video there for visuals.

I made a video then I went the extra mile to transcribe it into text. Now you're using the fact that I did not add pictures to flog me. Na wa oh.
No vex.
We noh dey quarrel. Waffi didn't train us that way.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by atheistandproud(m): 11:45am On Jan 29, 2023
Prinzton:

No vex.
We noh dey quarrel. Waffi didn't train us that way.
Shalom

I no say we dey quarrel. I dey cry say you dey beat me 😭😭😭😭
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by OneKinGuy(m): 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
atheistandproud:

It's $25 USD sha
Got mine around $17 from aliexpress as of October last year. It's $20 now

Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by Jossyroyal1: 8:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
atheistandproud:

Hmm...
is
Where can I buy KZ or KZN product on nairaland?
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by atheistandproud(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
Jossyroyal1:
is
Where can I buy KZ or KZN product on nairaland?

Meet my inlaw Jboixxx. My future wife dey with am so I trust am die. He's tried, tested and trusted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by jboixxx: 4:02am On Jun 07, 2023
atheistandproud:

Meet my inlaw Jboixxx. My future wife dey with am so I trust am die. He's tried, tested and trusted
Boss mi, I still wan come for one bae from your end o. Make I spread my tentacles like Atiku grin
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by atheistandproud(m): 5:19am On Jun 07, 2023
jboixxx:
Boss mi, I still wan come for one bae from your end o. Make I spread my tentacles like Atiku grin

Ehn? You want make madam cut off our 3rd leg?

Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by Jossyroyal1: 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
atheistandproud:

Ok
I have his number
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by KinSlayer: 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2023
OneKinGuy:

Where you buy am?
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by OneKinGuy(m): 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
KinSlayer:

Where you buy am?
aliexpress
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by ozemestats(m): 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
atheistandproud:

@Jboixxx ma inlaw, I hope say no be ma wife you dey give anoda person sha🙄
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by jboixxx: 8:30pm On Aug 08, 2023
ozemestats:

@Jboixxx ma inlaw, I hope say no be ma wife you dey give anoda person sha🙄
Plenty wives de o. No worries grin
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by Polarhangar: 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
Abeg, how i go take order something from aliexpress, cos i cant create a virtual card with zenith bank at all
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by jboixxx: 7:31am On Nov 20, 2023
Polarhangar:
Abeg, how i go take order something from aliexpress, cos i cant create a virtual card with zenith bank at all
No 9ja cards work on AliExpress. Get a virtual dollar card via any of the fintechs or get a dollar card from your bank.

If you've got no trust issues, I can check out for you. My contact information is in my signature/profile.
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by PCSI: 9:40am On Nov 20, 2023
OneKinGuy:

Please how can i order for it?
Re: TWS Earbuds Vs In Ear Monitors by OneKinGuy(m): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2023
PCSI:

Please how can i order for it?
Get dollar card from Geegpay, find and use it on aliexpress

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Lucky Lady Won The TECNO 100% Cashback On The TECNO Black Friday Offer / How To Download Games On Sagem Myx3-2 / My Whatsapp Free Trial Remains One Week To Expire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.