Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,133 members, 7,821,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please (13634 Views)

Nairaland Civil Engineers Who Are Already Making It Big / Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / “I Slay In My Military Uniform Just The Same Way I Slay In My Civil Wear” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Menclothing: 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2023
Learn from expert asap
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Oxfordgrade: 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2023
liver123:
Good evening civil engineers in this place. I have this job offer to be a site engineer and supervisor on bridge construction in one village in my state which is to last for period of three month. The issue now is that I don't have experience on bridge construction, the only area I have experience as a site engineer is building construction and I don't want to Bleep up at all as the man want to use this work to test my competency. Please engineers who have experience in this area should please come in and brief me please. If possible I can get picture and video I will really appreciate. Thanks
we can work together sir, I am a survey department, I have such construction experience. For more info here is my line 0.7.0.8.0.8.1.1.4.5.5
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by SocialJustice: 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2023
Seun thank you for the emoticons 😉 Please can nairaland switch from likes to upvotes and down votes like. Thank you as you consider. 😁😁😁
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Chris2863(m): 11:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
900warriorz:
Na to go buy plank and 2x4 o undecided pay better carpenters, bridge don set grin

Thank me later wink
🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by hardbody: 11:48pm On Jan 21, 2023
nairadatti:
he should reject the job if he isn't capable

Same as if the people he is contacting should take it over. However, if he collaborates, he will gain experience, build a resume, make money and possibly get more jobs. Why us your reasoning so shallow? Are you below 18yrs,?
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Ayoslimzy(m): 12:02am On Jan 22, 2023
Bro I’m studying civil engineering in school and I don’t know what im doing..can I see work with third class?
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by emonkey(m): 1:20am On Jan 22, 2023
Can you read plans? Does your crew have some foremen? Do you have a surveyor? Do you know about basic quality control? Do you know basic site administration?
If NO to above, you will beep up.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by revolt(m): 1:27am On Jan 22, 2023
Engineers that can't design or build circuit box. All of them trying to work in oil and gas....built by white man.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by deji17: 3:24am On Jan 22, 2023
Here is a video showing the basics of bridge construction. Even, if yours is on a smaller scale (hope it is not a culvert) , you can still relate it to this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_jY8-8aVQ
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by deji17: 3:28am On Jan 22, 2023
This one shows the time lapse.. with rail track going over the bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pVBgfxW-ZY
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by EmekaBlue(m): 4:09am On Jan 22, 2023
baralatie:
Bridge construction for 3 months ?

What type of bridge? Or is it a culvert
grin na village Pako wood bridge
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by jogsman01(m): 4:48am On Jan 22, 2023
MarveworldG:
If you have supervised building project, it's an added advantage, here is the thing: you are definitely not the one who prepared the Civil engineering design(I'm sure you know that this is different from architectural design of project) and structural analysis of the bridge. If you can decode/read what's in the paper then you are good to go.

The guys that could expose your inexperience are those surveyors at site (especially during piers alignment), be smart with those guys

you nailed it bro.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by jogsman01(m): 4:51am On Jan 22, 2023
Do you have a project engineer?
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by liver123(m): 5:06am On Jan 22, 2023
deji17:
Here is a video showing the basics of bridge construction. Even, if yours is on a smaller scale (hope it is not a culvert) , you can still relate it to this video. Thanks I appreciate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_jY8-8aVQ

c

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by liver123(m): 5:07am On Jan 22, 2023
Thank you sir
deji17:
This one shows the time lapse.. with rail track going over the bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pVBgfxW-ZY

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Urchinpainer: 5:16am On Jan 22, 2023
liver123:
Good evening civil engineers in this place. I have this job offer to be a site engineer and supervisor on bridge construction in one village in my state which is to last for period of three month. The issue now is that I don't have experience on bridge construction, the only area I have experience as a site engineer is building construction and I don't want to Bleep up at all as the man want to use this work to test my competency. Please engineers who have experience in this area should please come in and brief me please. If possible I can get picture and video I will really appreciate. Thanks

Must be a small bridge. Have you seen the structural detail of the bridge? That's where the whole process starts.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by engrelvis(m): 5:28am On Jan 22, 2023
liver123:
Get a good civil engineer dts has experience in bridge construction. Negotiate price with him. lt shud v terms n condition among which he won't v dealing with yr client. lastly Google is yr friend.Go to YouTube . Alot of civil works with explanation r there. Best of luck
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Procontractor(m): 5:47am On Jan 22, 2023
Please note it is required you have an experienced registered engr who has supervised bridge projects to supervise you,...and I am not sure it should be free, look around and negotiate with the individual. It's unprofessional for you to think because you can interpret designs and you have experience in building Construction then you can delve into bridge Construction with no singular experience. Employ the person, pay him his comission and complete your project, that will guarantee a stress free and quality project delivery experience for both you and the client.

Regards.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Pacesetterz: 6:11am On Jan 22, 2023
Ayoslimzy:
Bro I’m studying civil engineering in school and I don’t know what im doing..can I see work with third class?

It's not late to switch to other course. Or u write jamb again for a better course like computer science.

My school son was in ur shoes then..he was studying chemical eng. He didn't know his left nor right. His lecture even arranged for an urgent PTA meeting...we demanded for his year one,two and three results..wasn't encouraging. We had to withdraw him. Registered him for jamb again...he passed. Started again in Computer science. Came out with a first class and now works for Bill Gates.

Hope i have talked sense to u?
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by nairadatti: 6:47am On Jan 22, 2023
hardbody:

Same as if the people he is contacting should take it over. However, if he collaborates, he will gain experience, build a resume, make money and possibly get more jobs. Why us your reasoning so shallow? Are you below 18yrs,?
no ,I get what you're saying and if that's it ,then he should go ahead ,thanks for schooling me
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Acesexcell(m): 7:00am On Jan 22, 2023
Bro go look for a consultant asap.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Officialgarri: 7:06am On Jan 22, 2023
liver123:
I can see someone say he should watch YouTube videos. Lmao grin for bridge construction? grin

So here's what I think. I can only hope that you are not the only Engineer on site . It is very compulsory that you have an experienced engineer who has undertaken a bridge project before .

Bridge construction is far different from building construction. Infact, knowing how to supervise a culvert is different from bridge construction

First, you have to know how to introduce a cofferdam, you need to get the levels right, you need to carefully determine the type of base for the bridge (don't conclude on following the one in the design) , you need to accurately determine the position of abutments ....the type of steel and the bending schedules .....

Mehn, I just feel you can't do it if you have no experienced Engineer with an Experienced foreman and artisans on site (iron bender especially)
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by nathyx(m): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2023
A good Engr. Can Build anything from nothing smiley
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by willexyaho(m): 9:53am On Jan 22, 2023
hardbody:

This is better than building a death trap. The joke is actually on you. greedy buffoon. This guy wants to learn, your type will cause mass tragedy because you don't want others who know better to teach you, Learn humility and eschew avarice and cupidity.

He should be able to guide him here, so others can learn and he can be corrected if there is mistake in the guide he/she is dishing
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Speedy001(m): 10:05am On Jan 22, 2023
Ayoslimzy:
Don't be deceived just try and graduate, compensate your education with field knowledge, visit site and learn it's about what you can offer not your class of degree

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by abusurv(m): 10:09am On Jan 22, 2023
Use a surveyor in setting out the structural drawings of the bridge at every point even the nut and bolt. This will help a long way in avoiding mistakes and blunders. This from surveyor perceptive of construction
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Munzy14(m): 10:20am On Jan 22, 2023
liver123:
First it commmendable for your confidence in taking up the Job even with no experience.

Secondly, It will be condemnable if you go ahead to do the job without telling him you lack the technical know how..Just take it as sacrifice to learn..Bigger contracts will come up when you upgrade your knowledge on that.

Just upgrade in all aspects of Civil engineering constructions.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by MarveworldG: 10:47am On Jan 22, 2023
jogsman01:
you nailed it bro.

Thank you sir
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by stuffs2002: 10:50am On Jan 22, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Your want to be cheap. If you need knowledge PAY for it! Get a civil engineer there and pay him! What rubbish! You are seeking for input on nairaland for an engineering project? Are you mad? This is why we have collapsing structures everywhere.
The person who engaged you is the bigger fool.

liver123, here is your best response.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by stuffs2002: 10:51am On Jan 22, 2023
liver123:

Be very careful how you go about this job because in the even that you fail, your COREN and NSE (if you have) can be suspended, you may be liable to investigation and prosecution
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by Schoolguy9(m): 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
I can man-up to the occasion as an experienced contractor for your site works such as digging, filling and casting. As for this bridge matter, count me out.

I can also double as a site manager or supervisor and give reports to you if you're not around!

Lols.
Re: Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please by africanusvu(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
Are u talking of box culvert or bridge,no bridge gets ready in 3months,only the iron work, bending schedule, bending moments,precast, formwork, concrete mix design etc take more than that,then,how about pilling,beamcasting,,how many span bridge, have u experienced pilling work once,piledept and alignment,curing of concrete,pile load test, launching of beam, casting of retaining wall and superstructure,parapet launching, earthworks etc,see, bridge engineering is not what we get on utube, it's another 6credit load, open up and tell them u are not there, it's a very technical, mathematical and challenging experience,i have been there 12yrs i think u need to watch it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Great Friends' Zone / Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year / : The Fate Of A Physics Graduate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.