Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup (9589 Views)

The Truth About The Human Soul / Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? / Eternal Value Of A Human Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Searchingvictor: 10:00am On Jan 22, 2023
Oj
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by chichriso: 10:03am On Jan 22, 2023
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Ladygbola(f): 10:03am On Jan 22, 2023
Inhuman69:

I’ll open your nyash wide no worry grin

Pls come ooooooooooo. I can't wait any longer.
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Soulvein: 10:05am On Jan 22, 2023
Lanretoye:
Una go just dey carry madness upandan,send me 10k now u no go get.eternity koor,immunity ni.
That madness belongs to you and your household. I thought I was quoting a human being.
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by okoroemeka(m): 10:06am On Jan 22, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup

The FIFA world cup is widely regarded as the world's most valuable trophy, hence the extent to which humans covet and the incredible lengths they go and strive to win it.

It's for this reason that Christiano Ronaldo wept uncontrollably after losing in the quarter finals in the latest edition, because he believed that it was his last world cup, hence bringing an end to his dream and final hopes of winning the FIFA world cup as a player.

On the other hand, Lionel Messi who finally achieved that long standing dream of his in the same edition, after many failed attempts, including one lost final, showed how much it meant to him by his own reaction. He even took the trophy with him into his room and slept with it by side on his bed.

That illustrates how much value humans place on that trophy and also explains why they would do everything they possibly could to win it. However what they must also realize, is that, there's a trophy worth much more than a FIFA world cup or any other trophies the world could offer.

It's the human soul.

Jesus said:

Mark 8:36 (KJV)

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

That's because the whole world and anything it could give any man is only temporal and has no eternal value, but the human soul is eternal.

So even if a man succeeds in winning all the trophies in this temporal world, including the FIFA world cup, but loses his own soul that has eternal value, what is his profit?

That's why it is essential a man doesn't lose the battle for his soul no matter what, because it's the most important trophy he could ever win in his life.

God bless.
that image of a supposed Jesus in white with angels also in white in heaven shows that heaven will be the most boring places of all times,the idea of living in gold and diamond palace forever singing songs and blowing trumpets till eternity will drive a soul to manic sucidal insanity,the idea of living forever is a curse itself.

1 Like

Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Mercury12(m): 10:10am On Jan 22, 2023
Hmmm
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by hensben(m): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2023
superCleanworks:

who is Mark?

Where is he from and why should I be concerned about what Mark says?
Lets say you don’t believe in scripture, how do you feel when you err.
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Rahkman: 10:18am On Jan 22, 2023
Werey pendu fan don dey disguise as pastor oloshi

2 Likes

Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by iamsolasoul(f): 10:26am On Jan 22, 2023
No be every soul na follow come some ba scatter their business
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Goodlady(f): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

The FIFA world cup is widely regarded as the world's most valuable trophy, hence the extent to which humans covet and the incredible lengths they go and strive to win it.

It's for this reason that Christiano Ronaldo wept uncontrollably after losing in the quarter finals in the latest edition, because he believed that it was his last world cup, hence bringing an end to his dream and final hopes of winning the FIFA world cup as a player.

On the other hand, Lionel Messi who finally achieved that long standing dream of his in the same edition, after many failed attempts, including one lost final, showed how much it meant to him by his own reaction. He even took the trophy with him into his room and slept with it by side on his bed.

That illustrates how much value humans place on that trophy and also explains why they would do everything they possibly could to win it. However what they must also realize, is that, there's a trophy worth much more than a FIFA world cup or any other trophies the world could offer.

It's the human soul.

Jesus said:

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

That's because the whole world and anything it could give any man is only temporal and has no eternal value, but the human soul is eternal.

So even if a man succeeds in winning all the trophies in this temporal world, including the FIFA world cup, but loses his own soul that has eternal value, what is his profit?

That's why it is essential a man doesn't lose the battle for his soul no matter what, because it's the most important trophy he could ever win in his life.

God bless.
You had a good msg but had to mix it wt CR7 n Messi pic. What a preacher!
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by phemmyfour: 10:37am On Jan 22, 2023
Juanmike:
What of Champions League?
Don't mind the irresponsible comparison. Must you make the headline sensational to attract audience. I hate deception. OP and naija bloggers are same ol same
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by phemmyfour: 10:39am On Jan 22, 2023
Goodlady:

You had a good msg but had to mix it wt CR7 n Messi pic. What a preacher!
Just be prepare...he will follow you argue am
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by JoeEeL(m): 10:48am On Jan 22, 2023
Religious people are seriously stupid.

1 Like

Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by JoeEeL(m): 10:51am On Jan 22, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

It's the human soul.

Jesus said:

God bless.

Your jesus sef na white man.

You are so shameless. In this 21st century u never evolve... undecided

1 Like

Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by JoeEeL(m): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2023
davibid:

The true identity of Jesus Christ is not really known but from the evidential description of the people from His time, He should look more like the Egyptians. Curly hair but not long hair as the western whites

And what's your description of the typical Egyptian? How many invasions has Egypt suffered in d past 2000 yrs?

Are the current occupants of Egypt the true Egyptians or Arabs?

You black people have a lot to learn otherwise you will still be wiped out of central africa the way north africa is as good as gone.
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Greenscientist: 11:29am On Jan 22, 2023
hopefulLandlord:
Soul? what exactly is that? I looked through a biology book but couldn't find a reference to souls. I looked through a mythology book however and found all kinds of information on souls. Are there any peer reviewed scholastic research papers published in any medical journals that I could learn more about this thing called souls? Where is this thing? how many does each person have? 1? 2? more? it varies?

What gene is it linked to in our DNA? What kind of cells is it made of or what exactly is it made of? can we see thing thing with an MRI machine or a powerful microscope? Who do you think would know more about this thing called souls: a witch doctor from the deepest jungles of Ogbomoso who has had no contact with civilization, or the entire science faculty from MIT?
Scientists study everything; why don't they study souls? Is it for the same reasons they don't study the powers of Deadpool or the magic of Harry Potter?

There was once nothing like microrganism and a scientist of then would have deny it existence.

So, what is there to be proud of in science when all you believe in today might become lies of tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by mozona(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2023
Confirm
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by mozona(m): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2023
JoeEeL:

Your jesus sef na white man.

You are so shameless. In this 21st century u never evolve... undecided

Who told you Jesus is a white man, u don see am before.
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by zinaunreal(m): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2023
Abeg don't mix religion with sports . Allow people to enjoy their existence ah ah ... let's rest abeg
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Papichulostunne(m): 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2023
hopefulLandlord:
Soul? what exactly is that? I looked through a biology book but couldn't find a reference to souls. I looked through a mythology book however and found all kinds of information on souls. Are there any peer reviewed scholastic research papers published in any medical journals that I could learn more about this thing called souls? Where is this thing? how many does each person have? 1? 2? more? it varies?

What gene is it linked to in our DNA? What kind of cells is it made of or what exactly is it made of? can we see thing thing with an MRI machine or a powerful microscope? Who do you think would know more about this thing called souls: a witch doctor from the deepest jungles of Ogbomoso who has had no contact with civilization, or the entire science faculty from MIT?
Scientists study everything; why don't they study souls? Is it for the same reasons they don't study the powers of Deadpool or the magic of Harry Potter?
Your biology book tell you about spirits? Ya a mumu.. infact ya just a dullard trying to look smart.
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Papichulostunne(m): 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2023
superCleanworks:

All the Angels in the background too. White Heaven. White Jesus.
Dem hold una hand to draw black Jesus?
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by hopefulLandlord: 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2023
Papichulostunne:

Your biology book tell you about spirits? Ya a mumu.. infact ya just a dullard trying to look smart.

My chemistry textbook told me about spirits. they are liquor that should not contain added sugar and usually is 35–40% alcohol by volume (ABV)
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Papichulostunne(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

My chemistry textbook told me about spirits. they are liquor that should not contain added sugar and usually is 35–40% alcohol by volume (ABV)
Hahaha.. nice comeback.. kolo. Lolz
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Everlastingson: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

If you are looking for an answer to the meaning of a soul, go to the Bible. Read it, starting from Genesis chapter 1.
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Everlastingson: 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Inhuman69:
Will our subconsciousness still be able to know about these vanities we acquire on earth ?
Or when we are dead will probably not even know or be conscious of all we have acquired on earth.

A man becomes acutely aware and conscious of his environment when he is dead. For the frailties of the flesh which hitherto only dulls his true( spiritual) senses is, like a veil, removed. When a man is dead then he understands the true meaning of vanity more than ever. He will be fully--fully, for want of a better word---aware of all he acquired on earth, more than he ever did when in the flesh. If the man died outside Christ his agony will be unquantifiable. Jesus Christ is Life.
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by GodHimself: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2023
true. A soul can become degraded and lose it's finer qualities.

chieveboy:
That statement "lose his soul" is a metaphor for not losing one's spiritual dignity as Soul.

If anyone who knows what soul is, they will see that Soul can never be lost. Soul is eternal and immortal.

Soul actually is an individualized particle of the Supreme Deity, as in a spark from the Supreme Deity which was detached from IT (so to speak) to become a stand-alone individual.

The reason Soul (is allowed to) exists is because the Supreme Deity loved it unconditionally. It is not earned or worked for and nothing one can do to earn or lose it.

This is the true gospel. You exist because God ( the supreme one) loved you unconditionally. This is not a religion matter. This is why non-religous people experience Gods love too.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Lanretoye(m): 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2023
Soulvein:
That madness belongs to you and your household. I thought I was quoting a human being.
na so una dey take head carry premature death,oloriburuki...ara lo ma san pa e danu.
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Praxis758: 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2023
davibid:

The true identity of Jesus Christ is not really known but from the evidential description of the people from His time, He should look more like the Egyptians. Curly hair but not long hair as the western whites

The Arabs in the present North Africa weren’t the aborigines neither were they there during Jesus’s era.

The aboriginal Egyptians were blacks.
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Inhuman69: 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
Everlastingson:

A man becomes acutely aware and conscious of his environment when he is dead. For the frailties of the flesh which hitherto only dulls his true( spiritual) senses is, like a veil, removed. When a man is dead then he understands the true meaning of vanity more than ever. He will be fully--fully, for want of a better word---aware of all he acquired on earth, more than he ever did when in the flesh. If the man died outside Christ his agony will be unquantifiable. Jesus Christ is Life.

You stop making sense from the beginning
Conscienceness is being alive
You lose it when you die
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Everlastingson: 4:51pm On Jan 22, 2023
Inhuman69:
You stop making sense from the beginning Conscienceness is being alive You lose it when you die

As far as you know.
Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by Tinymayour: 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2023
Motivational speaker isonu ofo ... Everything you wrote is making sense until you end it that way .. I do not decline word of God but how on earth can you win a soul with this shallow write up.. Your mumu no do ? .. I'm sure youve had couple of romps outside wedlock .. I'm sure you commit lots of sins and always chase a dream

DynamicWriter:
What kind of format is this?

Anybody can choose to become anything he wants to be.

Re: The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup by smart177: 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

Soul means you life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's This You Will Never Die Prayer? / Make Heaven Or Die Trying / Yahya Toure Preached Islam To Me; Didier Drogba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.