Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims (12291 Views)

Boko Haram Now Disguise As Herdsmen In Benue, Taraba - Senate / Breaking: Boko Haram Now Have A New leader(photo) / Boko Haram Now Collecting Ransome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by islamrules(m): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2011
Do you know how many fugitives are in Britain as we chat why has Russia not bombed Britain, infact why have the western powers not bombed North Korea? Why did the west invade Iraq, shebi we are also talking about Iraq.

Fugitive as in committed a genocide as enormous as september 11 ? No country can take that. I trust the Russians, it will be a all out war. "Communist dont take shit"

What is the difference between a Sunni and a Shite, is their difference political or religious?
They are different both religiously and polically.
Islam 101:
Shiite are Persians (from old persia, now Iran), they are not arabs. Go and read history of religions, thank God you have internet.
Sunni are arabs (salfist) the descendant of Mohammed. They are both different in ethnic.

So if demonstrators take up arms in the US or Britain, the military forces will leave them alone abi, try rioting in front of No 10 or at the White house, you will not live to tell the story.
It was a peaceful demonstration, military were killing the civillians. Why cant we human speak the truth for God sake. Must we lie to make a point ?
See Syria, killing is still on in Syria. Have you heard of syrians fighting the government. This was the early stage of the struggle.
But when Libyans saw that this Gaddafi is going to butcher them, they resulted to defend themselves. The governement that should be protecting them is now killing them.
What do you expect them to do ?

You are confusing Jos issue with Boko Haram issue, Jos wahala is ethnic and religious and the two parties have been going Bosom for tat for a long time.
There were so many churches and pastors killed in Borno. Why pretending ?

T[b]he west signed a deal to help the rebels by getting a high percentage of their oil, so rebels anywhere in the world can sign a deal with a foreign power to overthrow a legitimate government abi?[/b]
Where is that signed document ? Attach the document/deal here let the world see. This just a rumor raised by west bigots. West have been getting Libya's oil even before the war.

The ordinary people do not care that much about religion, the leaders see religion as a way of making more money, by the way, how can countries fighting alqaida in Iraq and Afghanistan be in bed with them in Libya?

Didnt get you!
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by asudan: 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2011
Stereotypin muslims in the south wil be a scar for a very long time until things normaliz.There is no amount of appeal that wil change d mindset of southern christains towards muslims cos 80% of them see them as infidel,wicked n heartless people(muslim).[color=][/color]
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2011
^^^that says a lot about how 'loving' and 'understanding' the southern christians are, doesn't it?
There is no amount of appeal that will change the mindset of southern christians
No one is making any appeal towards them. Fools will be fools. grin
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by splitnaija(m): 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2011
Una neva start, all these Boko Haram people. Una go suffer, make una wait make any unrest or conflict break up if we no go skin all of una alive. Una think say na only una sabi rascal and radical abi? Wait until d gbege sele. Yeye moslems and their silly religion.

Note:
Sincere apologies to my good moslem friends cos I have a whole lot of them including my two security men at home.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by cindylee: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2011
Even if some christains still follow old testaments, have you seen any of them kill in the name of Jesus or God in this modern day where everyone wants to enjoy life and follow the saying "live and let live". Even if the Quran tells you to kill other non muslims, can't they at least use common sense?

I am a christian and there are some things in the Bible that I interprete based on my understanding. Does that make make me a bad christian? Only God can tell and only him can be the judge! That is why christians have divergent opinions on some things concerning the bible. We are all looking forward to the last day, for now we know in part and learn in part and that is why we are humans.

If the God that I serve cannot defend himself when people profane his name, then I refuse to serve him and for now, he has promised me that on the last day, every one will know that he is God in the book of revelation. So why do I need to bother myself and start killing people who profane his name. He has only told me to preach his gospel and he says if they don't accept, I should just dust my feet against them and move to the next person. No be by force. Please lets learn to apply common sense and put religion aside in our dealings with fellow humans.

People when dey talk America, is America killing in the name of Jesus or God? Do all their wars have religious undertone? Why must all their terrorism have Islam as thier theme? Even the Yoruba muslims, the northerners say they are not true muslims because they live peacefully among christians.

Anyway, I have muslims as friends in the office and at home and that is why I can't say all muslims are violent or call them names.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by LogicPower(m): 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2011
kabukabu50:

Its the radicals who tell the masses to decline western vaccinations,blame women for earthquakes,force men to have their long beards, those are the cancer in Islam.

But have you ever cared to find out what is the cancer of your Christianity? Most of these 'cancerous' manifestations, and much worse, are found among Christians as well. For instance,
how far is your state from Akwa Ibom, where entirely innocent of the most vulnerable of the society - children - are condemned to most vicious forms of cruelty and torture simply because a CHRISTIAN 'religious' figure said they were witches?

Have you ever heard of what Christians in Haiti believe in, and how much superstitious they are? If you do, you would know that blaming women for earthquakes, which I have never even heard a Muslim saying that, would fade in comparison
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by dublinkmy6: 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2011
@ hercules07, me sef tire for your own arguement. It seems you don't mind understanding my posts, for the guy talking about abolishing the old testament, where did u see that? I stated that the new testament is an IMPROVEMENT on the old testament. Is that so difficult to understand? Talking about tithes, did Jesus Christ EVER criticize the payment of tithe? I tink say u be chritian? why r u asking such question. Examples Jesus teaching:-Matt 5 vs 43 & 44. that is one of such improvements on old teachings. @ fellis, when have the practise of islam ever been oppressed? By whom? Or you mean the other way round? I've only heard of christianity being oppressed but not islam. Muslims say they fight for "God", while christians allow God to fight for them (Exodus 14 vs 14). Big difference
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
@Logic power, no mind them. The best part of the whole thing is that while they come here to display unquantifiable hatred against those that wish them well, they still claim to be part of a tolerant loving religion.
All that one na show glass jor. How many people even follow what the Bible says when they are alone, with no one to see them? Yet they quickly jump into claiming to be part of a good religion when it is time to attack islam.
Even if some Christians still follow the old testament s have you seen any of them kill in the name of Jesus
cindylee, Christians do kill because of the Bible. . . . Use google.
@splitnaija,
those christians calling southern muslims boko haram should do their worst. Their hypocrisy shines brighter every day.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by clomn(m): 6:51pm On Sep 07, 2011
that what they are.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by manny4life(m): 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2011
Nairaland and their religious or tribal argument.

@ Topic, while this is a very bad development, however, we have to be fair in this war on terror. Muslim cannot blame Christians for their actions, even the Bible said you just be wise as serpent yet be harmless as a dove.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 07, 2011
@dublinkmy6,
Islam was badly repressed and muslims persecuted during the early days of Islam and that was when fighting became prescribed for muslims in the Quran, as a way of defending themselves.
I am typing from my phone and posting links will be a drag, I will not advice you to even search for it on google because the peace-loving, Muslim -haters have filled everywhere in the internet with erroneous information about Islam. You can send me your email so I can mail some pdf files covering the topic to you.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by dublinkmy6: 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2011
@ fellis, "fools will be fools" yes i know that a mad person won't know they are mad until d tin go clear for 'im eyes. Muslims should try and use the common sense God gave them b4 it becomes too late. And who needs an appeal? You guys must be joking really. Go and appeal to your boko haram illiterates to wise up. That is what the world needs
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2011
@dubmylink, I really didn't get your post. I don't have the faintest idea what you were trying to say.
And lastly, since I didn't intend to stay so long in this thread and want to leave now;
Southern Christians can go ahead and call muslims BH as much as they like. They should just have a field day, more power to their elbows. Na them get their mouth. I hope no other muslim comes to this thread to appeal that they stop. When they finish talking they will still shut up.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by dublinkmy6: 7:10pm On Sep 07, 2011
fellis:

@dublinkmy6,
Islam was badly repressed and muslims persecuted during the early days of Islam and that was when fighting became prescribed for muslims in the Quran, as a way of defending themselves.
I am typing from my phone and posting links will be a drag, I will not advice you to even search for it on google because the peace-loving, Muslim -haters have filled everywhere in the internet with erroneous information about Islam. You can send me your email so I can mail some pdf files covering the topic to you.

Can u just imagine, fighting was "prescribed" for muslims in a "holy" book? By whom? God or moammed? Keep exposing urselves.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by kq(m): 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2011
I am a Muslim and just like the last poster said i hope no muslim comes and comments on this thread again because whether you like it or not there is a lot of hatred going around(religious ethnic and even nationality) and there is little that can be done about it as most people have made up their minds to categorize muslims as terrorists. But i will leave all of us especially the Nigerians with two things:

1. When Germany was invaded during the final days of World WarII the people in Hamburg, who never supported the Nazi party during its rise to power and never supported Hitler during his reign were still called Nazis by the invading Army and were punished and insults were shouted at the people in the region despite the fact that they never supported the Nazis, now in anybodys opinion was taht the right thing to do? And the excuse of if i dont talk to my BH " brothers" up North and then i should continue to live with the insults, Please i ask you how do i talk to them? What talk havent they heard before? Does anyone even realise that a lot of Imams in Borno especially were killed by the so called BH just because they spoke against them and outlawed them from some mosques.

2. I leave you with Martin Niemöller's quote
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Yes its the Muslims today, who knows who it will be tommorrow.

Naija o ni baje o
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by moscoleee: 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2011
Let God arise and let his enemies be scattered The day of the Lord is at hand these are the fulfillment of his coming ''The last days''so let us watch and pray be wise not in your own heart seek knowledge
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by kabukabu(m): 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2011
I never called muslims terrorists grin, The problem is so many good muslims keep quiet and let the radical ones dominate them, that is the major problem in Islam all over the world today.

A real muslim does not support other muslims who hate Jews,for instance, is it in the Koran to automatically hate Jews?No, I don't think so.

Another example a real muslim will speak out against women's rights,tolerance and equality.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by deadie(m): 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2011
The line between muslims and Boko Haram is blurred grin
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by onyekabe(m): 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2011
I have said it on my facebook that every hausa fulani is a potential bomber. Brother and sisters wherever you see hausa man or woman always watch his or her actions to avoid taking unaware
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by onyekabe(m): 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2011
I have said it on my facebook that every hausa fulani is a potential bomber. Brother and sisters wherever you see hausa man or woman always watch his or her actions to avoid taking unaware
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by lepasharon(f): 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2011
Woow! shocked dis is really terrible wat is happenng in naija Oh! grin
When did dis one start??!!!
The west used to look at arabs funny and call them terrorists!Now nigerians are stigmatising hausas and calling them boko haram, Na wa OH!
nd hausas are gentle ppl oh it is dis islam garbage dat turns dem to sumthing else
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by lepasharon(f): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2011
black ppl wen did dis one start??!! shocked shocked blowing urself up cause of religion
Islam was made for the arabs by the arabs, leave it for them
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by goggs(m): 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2011
They don't deserve it because I've read Ghananians calling Nigerians suicide bombers in a Ghananian site after the Mutallab case and they don't care to know who is Hausa, Fulani, Yoruba or Igbo as long as you are Nigerian, you are a potential suicide bomber. So stop rejoicing on calling Northerners Boko Haram because you will soon be called the same by foreigners and treated as such in other countries. Go check what Arabs are going through in America due to the sins of a very few among them. Even the Christian Arabs are considered potential suicide bombers. The annoying thing about the Boko Haram movt is they don't know they are being used. I suspect that Al qaeda is trying to diversify that prejudice against Arabs to other races and trust Nigerians, they are first to jump the bait and their deeds will stereotype the whole black African race.

I couldn't agree more!
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by Koikoi(m): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2011
this is just not funny. its time these jihadists know that violence begets violence and not exclusive to islam and the north. though i agree that some moslems may not be all that violent, the religion has become synonymous with violence as a result of inferiority complex they have developed for themselves. this is what makes them so violent against the xtians. this is what makes them imperialists and very corrupt. the Christians are very patient but the moslems should know that there is limit to human patience.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by peckhamboi: 11:06pm On Sep 07, 2011
islamrules:

Do you know how many fugitives are in Britain as we chat why has Russia not bombed Britain, infact why have the western powers not bombed North Korea? Why did the west invade Iraq, shebi we are also talking about Iraq.

Fugitive as in committed a genocide as enormous as september 11 ? No country can take that. I trust the Russians, it will be a all out war. "Communist dont take poo"

What is the difference between a Sunni and a Shite, is their difference political or religious?
They are different both religiously and polically.
Islam 101:
Shiite are Persians (from old persia, now Iran), they are not arabs. Go and read history of religions, thank God you have internet.
Sunni are arabs (salfist) the descendant of Mohammed. They are both different in ethnic.

So if demonstrators take up arms in the US or Britain, the military forces will leave them alone abi, try rioting in front of No 10 or at the White house, you will not live to tell the story.
It was a peaceful demonstration, military were killing the civillians. Why cant we human speak the truth for God sake. Must we lie to make a point ?
See Syria, killing is still on in Syria. Have you heard of syrians fighting the government. This was the early stage of the struggle.
But when Libyans saw that this Gaddafi is going to butcher them, they resulted to defend themselves. The governement that should be protecting them is now killing them.
What do you expect them to do ?

You are confusing Jos issue with Boko Haram issue, Jos wahala is ethnic and religious and the two parties have been going Bosom for tat for a long time.
There were so many churches and pastors killed in Borno. Why pretending ?

T[b]he west signed a deal to help the rebels by getting a high percentage of their oil, so rebels anywhere in the world can sign a deal with a foreign power to overthrow a legitimate government abi?[/b]
Where is that signed document ? Attach the document/deal here let the world see. This just a rumor raised by west bigots. West have been getting Libya's oil even before the war.

The ordinary people do not care that much about religion, the leaders see religion as a way of making more money, by the way, how can countries fighting alqaida in Iraq and Afghanistan be in bed with them in Libya?

Didnt get you!

We need to start killing all Boko Haram/Muslims

Lets start by killing all your Muslim family members
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by nagoma(m): 11:20pm On Sep 07, 2011
Boko Haram is a very serious and condemnable evil. But shifting the responsibility to Northerners when there is an elected President in the country who swore to ensure security of citizens and is given the resources to do that is simply hypocritical. The president has abandoned his responsibilities and his tribes men and other mediocres are blaming other citizens that are equally affected or even more severly affected by the disaster of BH. Kidnapping is a minor problem compared to Boko Haram , why don't ibo's solve it? I am also afraid whenever I see ibo people because i fear that they may kidnap me or they are armed robbers. Aren't these  crimes as well as others part of the Igbo identity?
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by Haryobame: 12:00am On Sep 08, 2011
mr exel(u.don mad, oh, ).weda islam is bad or not, (na UR palava b dat), i al knw is I AM PROUD TO A BE A MUSLIM, (If he dey pain, make .tel google.or, okadigbo, (inapuala)
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by oge4real(f): 12:57am On Sep 08, 2011
serves them right.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by islamrules(m): 7:23am On Sep 08, 2011
We need to start killing all Boko Haram/Muslims

Lets start by killing all your Muslim family members

I love my muslim family members (brother).

I am christian, but Jesus never instructed me to kill infidels or anybody in Jesus or Jehovah name.

Jesus even told me to love them.

This your post shows how insane and violent you are.
All our arguments so far, you vindicated us all that "Islam is religion of trouble"

Why tell me to kill somebody ?

Now this post/discussion thought us something.
Muslims come here to defend what boko arams are doing (using western power as excuse)

If you call all muslims boko-aram, there is no harm in it.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by splitnaija(m): 8:13am On Sep 08, 2011
If Boko Haram hate western education so much as to blow themselves up in pieces, why don't they just jump into the lagoon all by themselves? That seems more natural than strapping western-made bombs.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by peckhamboi: 9:13am On Sep 08, 2011
islamrules:

I love my muslim family members (brother).

I am christian, but Jesus never instructed me to kill infidels or anybody in Jesus or Jehovah name.

Jesus even told me to love them.

This your post shows how insane and violent you are.
All our arguments so far, you vindicated us all that "Islam is religion of trouble"

Why tell me to kill somebody ?

Now this post/discussion thought us something.
Muslims come here to defend what boko arams are doing (using western power as excuse)

If you call all muslims boko-aram, there is no harm in it.

Take it easy bro, I was just asking a hyphothetical question.

I dont understand your logic, you are happy for all muslims Boko Haram/ terrorists but you want to exempt your family.

Christianity and Islam are both as bad as each other except maybe one does its own evil in a more civilized way.

I have muslim and christian members in my family and they are the most people ever and dont give me the they are not real muslim BS.

NB I am not muslim but an Awo Odu Ifa by the way.
Re: Islamophobia In Delta, Boko Haram Now The New Name For Muslims by islamrules(m): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2011
NB I am not muslim but an Awo Odu Ifa by the way.

Yes typical of you.

When muslims want to criticize christians, they hide in the back of atheist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Proposed Cargo Terminals To Be Ready December- Oduah / " I Am A Strong Advocate Of Binis Joining Biafra. " Nnamdi Kanu Of IPOB / Peter Obi Donates ₦‎10 Million To FOMWAN (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.