Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers (16584 Views)

Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May / Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis / Subsidy Removal: Marketers Galvanise For CNG Rollout At N100/litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Ray07(m): 8:36am On Jan 23, 2023
dangoteinlaw:
And one pastor will be using hell fire to threaten me. Baba let me sin, it can't get worse than Nigeria
grin grin grin
There was a country indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 23, 2023
If APC government want my advice, let Buhari not approve removal of subsidy, let whoever wins election carry that burden. Make i see Obi win and he come remove subsidy. Lollzzzzzz
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by CSTRR: 8:37am On Jan 23, 2023
clinician2x:

Government officials are salary earners, they no go suffer anything.

It is the millions of poor people in the country.

Some are earning 8k a month, 15k a month, 20k a month, 30k a month.

All these money will be spent on transportation a month and they will go home with zero at the end of the month.

HELL
Other countries have poor earners too and yet they are not enjoying subsidizes fuel.

That is why we need to elect a frugal and upright leader.

Removing subsidy when you have a thief as president would be hell.

Literal hell on Earth.

We are losing a lot to cheap fuel.

Money that should go into increasing the standard of living of the people.

If we have a decent leader, we won't even feel the subsidy removal in the long run.

The money would go directly to the people.

But if the money is stolen, that is suffering pro max.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by bionixs: 8:37am On Jan 23, 2023
Felixalex:

U go buy Solar car abi
Even solar dealers will still factor in the new fuel price into their products

3 Likes

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by pinkasso: 8:38am On Jan 23, 2023
The guy just one forced subsidy down our throat, where are the benefits of deregulating diesel?, In the UK per litre of fuel is about =N=1,200 or thereabout now there is affordable means of transportation which one of them is the bus system where half of the minimum wage per hour will carry you for a whole day (24hrs) this is when you decide to pay per day as monthly cards are cheaper, you can step up and use the train where the minimum wage for 1.5 hours go carry you for the whole day...my point is there should be affordable means of transportation which will still be partially subsidized by the government, show me a growing economy that doesn't subsidize or partially subsidize some social amenities just mention one..so if you remove 100% subsidy from fuel then put back at least 30% to subsidized public transportation..this thing when them they plan so nah Idi-amin and Mugabe economics the long term effect go mad...
Agbegbaorogboye:

So where's the investment and the jobs and the other good things you promise from diesel and kerosene cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by CSTRR: 8:40am On Jan 23, 2023
lansile:
If APC government want my advice, let Buhari not approve removal of subsidy, let whoever wins election carry that burden. Make i see Obi win and he come remove subsidy. Lollzzzzzz
Obi will remove subsidy.
He has already told you he will do so as his first order as president.
You can vote him or leave it.

That is what any decent leader would do.

Fortunately, he has the integrity to ensure that the gains go directly to the people.

If subsidy should ever be removed, Obi is the right person you would want to supervise the freed up funds.
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by EgunMogaji2: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2023
That’s too much. N500/liter accurately measured is okay.

Use the taxes directly on road infrastructure.
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Godszilla: 8:46am On Jan 23, 2023
These subsidy removal apostles dont care,cry n wail all you want.
The government failed in the subsidy scheme as its riddle with corruption so instead of fighting the corruption they push the burden on the citizens. We feel your pains sad
clinician2x:

Fuel at 800# will be HELL

People will groan.

They go suffer ahhhh

People will become suicidal.

They go jump inside lagoon commit suicide.

People go suffer.

HELL
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by CSTRR: 8:48am On Jan 23, 2023
Btw, prices will come down at the end.

In a free market, competition will arise, and marketers and filling stations would be looking to corner customers to themselves at the expense of their rivals, which would lead to drop in prices.

Two filling stations on one street would not sell at the same price.

Two marketers would not sell at the same price.

And once dangote fuel enters the market, the prices would also keep dropping.

It will get worse before it get better.

But subsidy must go.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by sprints1: 8:51am On Jan 23, 2023
They are stylishly introducing it useless people shebi na 180 we dey buy fuel before now na 300-400 yet we still dey buy. Nigerian citizens are helpless they are just ripping us anyhow. 800 naira per litre something we dey produce who swear for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 23, 2023
Godszilla:
The government failed in the subsidy scheme as its riddle with corruption so instead of fighting the corruption they push the burden on the citizens. We feel your pains sad

You can fight corruption in subsidy regime...and the problem is, it won't solve the problem

At the end, the issue is...the cost of production of fuel keeps rising. The more it rises, the more subsidy spending will rise.

I'm all for closing down smuggling, and the like , but no one can do anything about the cost of production.

That's no 1, no 2 is the fact that a business lives and dies by profit making. Remove profit making, and you end up with the economics of the black market, and the smuggler, and the corrupt. You end up with scarcity, broken down means of production and so forth....because humans are very greedy, and humans love to make money. Telling them to cut their prices to help the poor...as subsidy entails, is like telling them to close shop...

Dam a river, and do not build a means of release...and you end up with floods, stagnanat water and disaster.
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by CSTRR: 8:52am On Jan 23, 2023
Godszilla:
Your govt is borrowing to pay subsidy.

Where do you think those funds are going to ?
Marketers.

Private marketers are eating billions of dollars.

Your govt is borrowing to fund cheap fuel in Cameroon, togo, Benin republic e.rt.c as fuel is smuggled across the border.

Don't vote for thieves, if you want the freed up funds to be properly managed to make your life better.

But subsidy must go.

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Mrfixitt(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2023
verybadmouth:
Omo. Nawa ooo. Make my VISA set quick abeg I don tire
I can't wait for month of may to go for interview. Nigeria is hell

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Godszilla: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2023
So what happened to diesel n kerosene please,explain?We know they dont have subsidy.
Kobonaire4:

You can fight corruption in subsidy regime...and the problem is, it won't solve the problem

At the end, the issue is...the cost of production of fuel keeps rising. The more it rises, the more subsidy spending will rise.

I'm all for closing down smuggling, and the like , but no one can do anything about the cost of production.

That's no 1, no 2 is the fact that a business lives and dies by profit making. Remove profit making, and you end up with the economics of the black market, and the smuggler, and the corrupt. You end up with scarcity, broken down means of production and so forth....because humans are very greedy, and humans love to make money. Telling them to cut their prices to help the poor...as subsidy entails, is like telling them to close shop...

Dam a river, and do not build a means of release...and you end up with floods, stagnanat water and disaster.
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by clinician2x: 8:57am On Jan 23, 2023
Godszilla:

You no feel your papa pains na my own you feel? Do u know how much I make a week?

How will your father cope when fuel is 800?
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 23, 2023
Godszilla:
So what happened to diesel n kerosene please,explain?We know they dont have subsidy.

Nothing. They ain't scarce since they were deregulated, y'know.

Also, deregulating kerosene and diesel, and keeping subsides on fuel...still means that whatever benefit is made by deregulating them is cancelled by subsides on petrol.

No one is going to build a refinery, refine all the products...and lose money on petrol due to subsidy. Not when waste product from the refinery is a given loss.

Finally, if we had not deregulated those two...by now we would have been spending in excess of our total revenue every year on fossil fuel subsidies. And taking loans to fund our budget at a higher rate than we are doing now. GEJ did us a big favor by deregulating both of them

And nothing comes cheap. You won't sell at half price or 1/4 price if you were in business to help the poor, would you?

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Anunakeeh: 8:58am On Jan 23, 2023
Okay.
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Godszilla: 9:03am On Jan 23, 2023
Thats the goal i suppose by you,as long as the are available the cost doesn't mata. Right,i get your logic now, even if the people cant afford it as long as its available. Thank u somuch
Kobonaire4:

Nothing. They ain't scarce since they were deregulated, y'know.

Also, deregulating kerosene and diesel, and keeping subsides on fuel...still means that whatever benefit is made by deregulating them is cancelled by subsides on petrol.

No one is going to build a refinery, refine all the products...and lose money on petrol due to subsidy. Not when waste product from the refinery is a given loss.

Finally, if we had not deregulated those two...by now we would have been spending in excess of our total revenue every year on fossil fuel subsidies. And taking loans to fund our budget at a higher rate than we are doing now. GEJ did us a big favor by deregulating both of them

And nothing comes cheap. You won't sell at half price or 1/4 price if you were in business to help the poor, would you?

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 23, 2023
Godszilla:
Thats the goal i suppose by you,as long as the are available the cost doesn't mata. Right,i get your logic now, even if the people cant afford it as long as its available. Thank u somuch

No business goes into business with the dream of making things affordable.

It is a harsh truth, but most businesses employ people and /or rely on equipment and so forth to do their business...and the thing is people's time, effort , skill, as well as the tools and machines needed...all cost money.

I know you don't like my subsidy removal message...and you probably think I am an oppressor. But the truth is, there is no such thing as cheap fuel. At the end, the people involved in bringing the fuel to your car need to be paid....and they will be paid better from our pocket at the pump...which is the least bad of a series of bad options...or we pay them at the World Bank with a hefty interest on top.

If you want fuel to flow easy, let them sell at the market price. So that they can have a profit to build refineries, invest in more refineries, and also pay workers at home a decent wage. We've tried subsidy for 50 years, and it has cost us a lot. Maybe it is time we went back to plain old simple capitalisim.

Or we tax everyone in Nigeria at high rates, and pay off the subsidy that way.
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by rajiedreez: 9:08am On Jan 23, 2023
The subsidy too sweet them.
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by prigoz(m): 9:10am On Jan 23, 2023
Where are those fools that were demonstrating during GEJ, they are now on mute mode, it shall never be well with those whose infested us with this Administration including Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by adenine02: 9:10am On Jan 23, 2023
kingslj:

See what a nigerian is saying in 2023?
Available at N800 and we all buy it ..Abi

Nawa for you o!

It's #400 now and it's still not available?!
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Jevica: 9:14am On Jan 23, 2023
Transport fare from Berger to Victoria Island will be N2.000. Salary N80k per month
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Oladelepsy001(m): 9:22am On Jan 23, 2023
To be sincere with ourselves, the earlier the fuel subsidy removal, the better for Nigerians at large, after all, the rich enjoys the subsidy more..By so doing, the product will be available with little or no room for scarcity; it will go a long way to attract enormous investments into the sector; if removed, the gains has tremendous role to play in fixing the refineries and even servicing the huge debts that the government has plunged us into with little to show for it.
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Godszilla: 9:24am On Jan 23, 2023
I agree business aint charities, 100%. But government aint businesses, their duty or responsibility is to ensure conducive environment for businesses n its people to thrive. Which this or previous 9ja government dont give,altho these current one has taken it to spiritual level(next level).
Am not against subsidy removal am againt removing it now when even you know they aint putting things in place to absorb the effect.
You can't solve a problem at the level it was created,we dont have proper piping system, no alternative transport system,corruption(the real elephant),etc without fixing or having a believable plan to fix these issues you wan to remove subsidy.
By default humans will always survive(Nigerians will)but at what cost.
Kobonaire4:

No business goes into business with the dream of making things affordable.

It is a harsh truth, but most businesses employ people and /or rely on equipment and so forth to do their business...and the thing is people's time, effort , skill, as well as the tools and machines needed...all cost money.

I know you don't like my subsidy removal message...and you probably think I am an oppressor. But the truth is, there is no such thing as cheap fuel. At the end, the people involved in bringing the fuel to your car need to be paid....and they will be paid better from our pocket at the pump...which is the least bad of a series of bad options...or we pay them at the World Bank with a hefty interest on top.

If you want fuel to flow easy, let them sell at the market price. So that they can have a profit to build refineries, invest in more refineries, and also pay workers at home a decent wage. We've tried subsidy for 50 years, and it has cost us a lot. Maybe it is time we went back to plain old simple capitalisim.

Or we tax everyone in Nigeria at high rates, and pay off the subsidy that way.
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Brushstrokes20: 9:26am On Jan 23, 2023
Bring it on!... The doomed contraption is long overdue for DISINTEGRATION undecided
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by lomprico(m): 9:27am On Jan 23, 2023
crowther15:
These marketers are part of saboteurs in the sector. Why are they telling us this? Let them remove subsidy, the criminality in that wasteful act is too much. By the time we remove it, Nigerians would know the truth.

The #1 saboteurs is the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA!
Why is none of the refinery working and yet the rogues budget billions yearly for its maintenance?

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 23, 2023
Godszilla:
I agree business aint charities, 100%. But government aint businesses, their duty or responsibility is to ensure conducive environment for businesses n its people to thrive. Which this or previous 9ja government dont give,altho these current one has taken it to spiritual level(next level).
Am not against subsidy removal am againt removing it now when even you know they aint putting things in place to absorb the effect.
You can't solve a problem at the level it was created,we dont have proper piping system, no alternative transport system,corruption(the real elephant),etc without fixing or having a believable plan to fix these issues you wan to remove subsidy.
By default humans will always survive(Nigerians will)but at what cost.

The argument you have used against subsidy has been used several times, and that is why it never goes.(plus it is strange that people trust the same corrupt government to maintain subsidy).

We also don't have piping systems and so forth largely because subsidy has eaten the profits that would have been used to maintain and build those things.

Also, since things are hard, would you argue for government to subsidise everyting else like food, clothes,GSM bills, and so forth (I can see the long queues).

We have to remove subsidy, or we keep it, keep on running into a deficit, and keep on taking more and more loans to cover the said defict.
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by verybadmouth(m): 9:30am On Jan 23, 2023
Mrfixitt:
I can't wait for month of may to go for interview. Nigeria is hell
Bros, success is ours this year
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by gfelo(m): 9:31am On Jan 23, 2023
let it be, we ve seen worst already Diesel is N800/L we do not die
Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by Lordofsussex: 9:36am On Jan 23, 2023
The singular idea of drilling oil on our soil and taking it abroad to refine in the first place is the highest confusion ever . To think people allowed that to go On for so long is devilish and sabotaging on Nigeria. It’s sad the affairs of Nigeria is in the hands of looters .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years / Austin Ejili Dies In Auto Crash (PDP Campaign Manager) / I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.