Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) (11417 Views)

Governor Zulum & Ex-Governor Shettima And Abba Kyari (Throwback Video) / Boko Haram Attacks Governor Shettima's Convoy In Borno, Many Feared Killed / Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Naijalarry: 11:14pm On Jan 23, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq2FfgWZ7aY

The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate Bola Tinubu was key to the transformation of Lagos State, according to Kashim Shettima.

“When Asiwaju became the governor of Lagos, you and I know that the fear of Lagos for the average northerner was the beginning of wisdom,” the APC vice presidential candidate said during a Lagos State banquet for President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday.

“Lagos was a super slum but because of the quality of this man’s ideas, Lagos is now the third-largest economy in Africa. From N600m, Lagos government is now generating N61b every month as the internally generated revenue, and Lagos is now projected to be the third-largest economy by the end of the decade.”

The former Borno State governor, who says Tinubu can bring his wealth of experience to bear if elected as Nigeria’s president next month, called on voters to queue behind the APC flagbearer.

‘Debt of Gratitude’

According to him, Tinubu deserves applause from the northern region. He said the former Lagos governor gave shelter to politicians from the area when they were facing political witch hunt.

Shettima listed such persons as former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and an ex-chief of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Nuhu Ribadu. Asides from them, the APC vice presidential candidate said Tinubu’s backing of Buhari in the 2015 and 2019 elections is something the region won’t forget.

“Those of us from the north owe him a debt of gratitude for supporting our leader President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2015 and 2019 general elections,” he added

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/01/23/lagos-was-a-super-slum-until-tinubu-became-governor-says-shettima/

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 23, 2023
Well stated!

God bless Shettima for the deep insight!

Asiwaju turned around the course of Lagos, and made sure the continuity of his dreams were fulfilled in subsequent administration!

He had a big dream and its materializing!

History will never forget Asiwaju! His name will be engraved in gold plaques!

We had a Governor who ruled for same 8 years and all he can boast of his WAEC results of students who studied hard for their exams. Oh! And the failed investment he made in a beer parlour business.

I want to use these medium to applaud and appreciate all loyal and dogged supporters of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I want you all to know that history will also not forget how we all stood firm and strong in changing the course of Nigeria. How we went all out for Asiwaju against all odds!

The next generation will always individually remember our courage, doggedness, perseverance, bravery and dignity.

...The labour of our hero`s past, shall never be in vain....

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by oyin44: 11:19pm On Jan 23, 2023
Without mentioning tinubu first, there is no way one can mention fashola , Ambode and sanwo olu

So many things still stand to his credit

God1000:
I disagree, I will give the credit to Fashola and Ambode

And don't forget that Lagos was once the former capital.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by God1000(m): 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2023

And don't forget that Lagos was once Nigeria's capital.

223 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by gaby(m): 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2023
Hahaha...

Idiots

Don't blame Shettima. He is from Borno and won't know the difference between Iragbiji and Lagos State.

ShettiHaram, Iragbiji is in Osun State while Lagos, the former capital of Nigeria and the economic capital of Nigeria which also happens to be my state of origin by birth is in Lagos State.

grin grin

Urchinators, food is ready.

I am proudly from Oshodi/Isolo LGA.

285 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 23, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Well stated!

Asiwaju turned around the course of Lagos, and made sure the continuity of his dreams were fulfilled in subsequent administration!

History will never forget Asiwaju! His name will be engraved in gold plaques

I don't know what these people smoke 🤣🤣🤣

219 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Mistermamus(m): 11:22pm On Jan 23, 2023
ABI he made it a super slum n dirty b4 fashola cleansed it up small

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by owobokiri(m): 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2023
So says the pugnacious Boko Haram founder that will "handle security" under Bola Ahmed Yekini Amoda Tinupoos government!

How some people will feel very comfortable with a Vee Pee candidate who was the governor of Bornu when Boko Haram was founded.., when chibok girls were abducted., a man in whose house a wanted Boko Haram kingpin was caught, but will shred Peter Obi to pieces over a coup that happened in 1966, beats me!

The same dolts will prefer another Atiku, a fulani man whose herdsmen brothers are currently on rampage, maiming and pillaging like vandals across the country to Peter Obi, because according to them, Nzeogwu participated in an "Igbo coup"! Tribal jingoists masquerading as emergency patriots..

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Primus123: 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2023
Lagos, a former federal capital of Nigeria for more than 70years was a slum till 1999?
Are these people okay at all?

288 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by BossGerald: 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Well stated!

History will never forget Asiwaju! His name will be engraved in gold plaques!

We had a Governor who ruled for same 8 years and all he can boast of his WAEC results of students who studied hard for their exams. Oh! And the failed investment he made in a beer parlour business.

I want to use these medium to applaud and appreciate all loyal and dogged supporters of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I want you all to know that history will also not forget how we all stood firm and strong in changing the course of Nigeria. How we went all out for Asiwaju against all odds!

The next generation will always individually remember our courage, doggedness, perseverance, bravery and dignity.

...The labour of our hero`s past, shall never be in vain....

This is lagos before tinubu

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by delpee(f): 12:51am On Jan 24, 2023
Story! That's for those who didn't reside in Lagos before 1999. The most annoying thing is that we had water flowing from taps at home and public taps on the streets before then. All the mini waterworks built by Jakande seem to be non functional now. It's either boreholes or mairuwa all the way.

Ikeja, Ilupeju etc and all the industrial estates were built in the era of Awolowo. The former Western Region started from Fadeyi on Ikorodu Road. The seat of government was on the Island extending only to Yaba and Surulere. Lagos had decent places to live in not slums.

Lekki exists today because Jakande built the road to Epe which was hitherto only accessible through Ikorodu/Ijebu axis. Most of the major institutions and agencies were built by LKJ apart from his truly low cost housing and masses oriented transportation system.

149 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by seeyounow: 12:56am On Jan 24, 2023
undecided undecidedthis lagos, lagos is still a slum

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Mindlog: 1:04am On Jan 24, 2023
Go to YouTube and watch some Nigerian weekly drama episodes of the early 90s such as Checkmate shot in Lagos , watch outdoor scenes to see if it looked like the 18th century!

Delusion is FREE.🤣🤣🤣🤣

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by press9jatv: 1:50am On Jan 24, 2023
Slum indeed, unfortunately there are still 3 most populous slums in Lagos State as I speak now. Still it’s APC government in power. Tinubu emergence never changed anything joor. Besides Lagos State was once the former federal capital territory of Nigeria 🇳🇬

42 Likes

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by onatisi(m): 3:25am On Jan 24, 2023
Lolz ,the former federal capital of Nigeria before tinubu became the governor?? Ok ooo. We no go argue . He has done his best, he should retire now we don't need him. It is not by force to serve the people if they don't want you

33 Likes

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Bragalane: 3:43am On Jan 24, 2023
But you won't thank the person that brought them ? Oh ! I forgot God brought them not Tinubu but Obi brought Obiano😝😂😂😂😝

Are you Igbo because it is you that your hypocrisy stink to death.

You credited airport Obiano built to Peter Obi even when same Obiano organize press conference exposing Obi only left debts

Same you refuse to credit Tinubu for BRT Eko Atlantic Eko rail Lekki seaport when all the governor that came after him attested to him laying the foundation n IGR that build all of them. You lot over foolish no be small I swear

God1000:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Bragalane: 4:09am On Jan 24, 2023
And all this is coming from a Kanu ipob merchant now I love with the zoo because of a Pandora criminal who

Supervised the massacre of Anambra youth in Ezu river.

Was caught red handed looting 250 million naira cash monthly from state coffers to his warehouse in Lagos using his governor's convey

After he was caught red handed decided to start laundering his ill gotten loot into his daughter Gabrielle Pandora account in Panama

We are yet to talk about how this diehard criminal is the only sitting governor in the history of Nigeria to build himself malls with state fund as a sitting governor even those his foolish kinsmen accuse of being thieves were never daredevil minded n dubious yet to them he is saint. Saint my black ass

The same ipob the bastard claim are his people just beheaded a LGA chairmen in Imo all because the cursed bastard as been rejected home n abroad.

owobokiri:
So says the pugnacious Boko Haram founder that will "handle security" under Bola Ahmed Yekini Amoda Tinupoos government!

How some people will feel very comfortable with a Vee Pee candidate who was the governor of Bornu when Boko Haram was founded.., when chibok girls were abducted., a man in whose house a wanted Boko Haram kingpin was caught, but will shred Peter Obi to pieces over a coup that happened in 1966, beats me!

The same dolts will prefer another Atiku, a fulani man whose herdsmen brothers are currently on rampage, maiming and pillaging like vandals across the country to Peter Obi, because according to them, Nzeogwu participated in an "Igbo coup"! Tribal jingoists masquerading as emergency patriots..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Laple0541(m): 4:35am On Jan 24, 2023
Bragalane:
And all this is coming from a Kanu ipob merchant now I love with the zoo because of a Pandora criminal who

Was caught red handed looting 250 million naira cash monthly from state coffers to his warehouse in Lagos using his governor's convey

After he was caught red handed decided to start laundering his ill gotten loot into his daughter Gabrielle Pandora account in Panama

We are yet to talk about how this diehard criminal is the only sitting governor in the history of Nigeria to build himself malls with state fund as a sitting governor even those his foolish kinsmen accuse of being thieves were never daredevil minded n dubious yet to them he is saint. Saint my black ass

The same ipob the bastard claim are his people just beheaded a LGA chairmen in Imo all because the cursed bastard as been rejected home n abroad.

Don't mind the oloriburuku, even his sudden savior Saint PandoraObi is in Lagos seeking asylum.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:51am On Jan 24, 2023
Naijalarry:

“When Asiwaju became the governor of Lagos, you and I know that the fear of Lagos for the average northerner was the beginning of wisdom,”
cheesy grin grin grin why am I reading meaning into this grin grin grin

Is it only me grin

What is the reason for it in the first place

Shettima doesn't cross me as an intelligent person at all undecided

The truth was that Lagos was a slum before Fashola

Tinubu just like stealing things from people

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by tunwumi: 5:01am On Jan 24, 2023
He t
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by AntiChristian: 5:03am On Jan 24, 2023
Any of the main Presidential candidates would try their best if sworn in.

But talking about capacity plus continuity on a path to recovery, Tinubu stands out!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 5:04am On Jan 24, 2023
I know we own this sha

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by deeway200(m): 5:06am On Jan 24, 2023
Can you imagine this idiots?

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by meum: 5:07am On Jan 24, 2023
Take am easy with the lies.

Dodan barracks, was a slum too.

Victoria Island was built after he was sworn in.

Boats were used to navigate the lagoons until 1999 when he came in and started building all the bridges we are using today.

Oh great Lagos, dem Dey lie on top your head. Na you even make dem who dem be today

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by JoshTim: 5:09am On Jan 24, 2023
Obidafts don't want us to follow antecedents. So how do we decide who to vote for?...they are daft anyways

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Ekeneegwu(m): 5:12am On Jan 24, 2023
Primus123:
Lagos, a former federal capital of Nigeria for more than 70years was a slum till 1999?
Are these people okay at all?

Don’t mind them .. they keep deceiving themselves .. ok let’s look at Abuja and see how developed the FCT is … that’s what you get for being capital city . Lagos generated 61b every month and still yet the state is trash .

21 Likes

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Housi: 5:12am On Jan 24, 2023
Formal FG capital a super slum

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Whois(m): 5:12am On Jan 24, 2023
If you believe this then you can believe anything

18 Likes

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Doyou2019: 5:13am On Jan 24, 2023
deeway200:
Can you imagine this idiots?

Lie wey we don bust since last year, e carry am come 2023 again . Such buffoonery.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 24, 2023
God1000:

You forget Buba Marwa. He made good impact in Lagos too. They just calling Tinubu, what exactly did he do if I am to ask?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Ogaga87(m): 5:14am On Jan 24, 2023
God1000:

Them nor know.. And they've been using this to confuse the electorate.. Again, for claiming all the contributions of past president to Lagos development in order to keep the country running through the port, hence no one has endorsed him..

God will save us..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Ekeneegwu(m): 5:16am On Jan 24, 2023
Bragalane:

After he was caught red handed decided to start
laundering his ill gotten loot into his daughter Gabrielle Pandora account in Panama

My brother check your head and see if your brain is working .. when you elected Buhari president was boko boys not a mayhem in the country and did your lord and master deny them . Cos some elements in the state are stupid don’t mean every one is stupid … ok as south west is known for skull mining will fashola or Tinubu deny he is from south west .

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NUPENG Gives FG Two-week Ultimatum Over Bad Roads / Masari: Northern Children In Danger If We Continue In The Old Order / Imo: 7 PDP SWC Members Who Resigned Join APC, Back Uzodinma For 2nd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.