Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,383 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) (11404 Views)

Governor Zulum & Ex-Governor Shettima And Abba Kyari (Throwback Video) / Boko Haram Attacks Governor Shettima's Convoy In Borno, Many Feared Killed / Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by saintrow1: 7:30am On Jan 24, 2023
gaby:
Hahaha...

Idiots

Don't blame Shettima. He is from Borno and won't know the difference between Iragbiji and Lagos State.

ShettiHaram, Iragbiji is in Osun State while Lagos, the former capital of Nigeria and the economic capital of Nigeria which also happens to be my state of origin by birth is in Lagos State.

grin grin

Urchinators, food is ready.

I am from Oshodi/Isolo LGA.

Because you are born in lagos doesn't mean lagos is your state. That's pure fact
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by yemex04(m): 7:32am On Jan 24, 2023
[quote author=Iceberg3 post=120326288]

And the visionee Ambode that was part of the Bulaba visioneer wasn't good enough despite all the bridges he built and his good works,he wasn't good enough for a second term,abi?

[/color]He at a point derailed by abandoning the projects of his predecessor[color=#006600]

Do you also know that even Fashola almost got kicked out after his first term by same tinubu?!
[/color]where is the proof apart from the heresay & rumours?[color=#006600]

Time shall come when the real people that worked for Lagos shall speak.[/color]Wait till they come out & state otherwise[color=#006600]

[Your own is just to open ya mouth waaaa and anything can come out
[/color] Lol..You tried,go and collect your Trophy but clear your mind of envy & hatred for a Man who thinks not of ill about you first[color=#006600]?
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by udeh3(m): 7:40am On Jan 24, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Well stated!

God bless Shettima for the deep insight!

Asiwaju turned around the course of Lagos, and made sure the continuity of his dreams were fulfilled in subsequent administration!

He had a big dream and its materializing!

History will never forget Asiwaju! His name will be engraved in gold plaques!

We had a Governor who ruled for same 8 years and all he can boast of his WAEC results of students who studied hard for their exams. Oh! And the failed investment he made in a beer parlour business.

I want to use these medium to applaud and appreciate all loyal and dogged supporters of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I want you all to know that history will also not forget how we all stood firm and strong in changing the course of Nigeria. How we went all out for Asiwaju against all odds!

The next generation will always individually remember our courage, doggedness, perseverance, bravery and dignity.

...The labour of our hero`s past, shall never be in vain....

Please, list three turning around and ground breaking project BAT did during his 8yrs as a Governor

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by 2tpick: 7:40am On Jan 24, 2023
They have refused to campaign with what their party has achieved in the last 8 years.

In 16 years time, we might also get to see Fashola use lagos to campaign for his presidency credentials. We saw how el rufai used what he did in abuja to become the governor in kaduna, the rest they say is history.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by abobote: 7:41am On Jan 24, 2023
Finally someone accepted that Lagos is a slum, it is still a slum

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:44am On Jan 24, 2023

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by nedekid: 7:46am On Jan 24, 2023
delpee:
Story! That's for those who didn't reside in Lagos before 1999. The most annoying thing is that we had water flowing from taps at home and public taps on the streets before then. All the mini waterworks built by Jakande seem to be non functional now. It's either boreholes or mairuwa all the way.

Ikeja, Ilupeju etc and all the industrial estates were built in the era of Awolowo. The former Western Region started from Fadeyi on Ikorodu Road. The seat of government was on the Island extending only to Yaba and Surulere. Lagos had decent places to live in not slums.

Lekki exists today because Jakande built the road to Epe which was hitherto only accessible through Ikorodu/Ijebu axis. Most of the major institutions and agencies were built by LKJ apart from his truly low cost housing and masses oriented transportation system.
My Bros, I weak. We that were born in aguda, Surulere in the early 70s, We are shocked to hear we lived in a slum before 1999. You forgot to mention the iganmu industrial estate too.
We that use to shop in utc, leventis and the rest. Had lstc busses. In public schools text books, note books were provided along with free school fees? I truelly wonder because the major thing I will say this man did was to partition all the roads ie Allen Avenue, bode Thomas, etc. Set up lastma and other paramilitary. Revenue wise, he weakened the state revenue service and imposed his coded private one to amass wealth. Fashola, especially Ambode did exceedingly better, so is the current governor.
I think that baba is just overrated. For this Boko Haram fellow to be spitting rubbish is just outrageous.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Brushstrokes20: 7:51am On Jan 24, 2023
Bullocks for Brainless buffoons and doomed urchins! undecided
No Nig governor, dead or alive can compete with JAKANNDE'S OUTSTANDING RECORDS in lagos! NONE!

ENOUGH OF NONSENSE undecided

This dumb cow is obviously high on cow dung again undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by ddeola: 7:57am On Jan 24, 2023
You just lied Sir. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 24, 2023
Buba Marwa was Military governor of Lagos State from 1996 - 1999. Tinubu took over from 1999 to 2007 and by then (when tinubu took over) ,Buba had done most reforms of Lagos state.

Una just day call Tinubu, someone should let us know what exactly he did.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Emmasnoop(m): 7:59am On Jan 24, 2023
Fools did he build Lagos with his money? They need to wash una brain with native soap in this country.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by 9LifeCat: 8:01am On Jan 24, 2023
God1000:
I disagree, I will give the credit to Fashola and Ambode

And don't forget that Lagos was once Nigeria's capital.

so was calaba too. What's the obsession with Lagos
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by VULCAN(m): 8:06am On Jan 24, 2023
Lagos became Nigeria's capital under the colonialists in 1914

And lost it when Babangida moved it to Abuja in 1991

That's 77 yrs

zinizta:

Lagos was capital from 1954 to 1975 - that's 21 years

How did you arrive at 70 years

Nigeria isn't even 70
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by kennethesan(m): 8:10am On Jan 24, 2023
Liar
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by arantess: 8:13am On Jan 24, 2023
God1000:

They don't even mention lateef jakande

These people are terrible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by bablon20(m): 8:15am On Jan 24, 2023
Madness and foolishness dey this man head, how many places does he know in Lagos, Gbagada, Isolo, Festac, Ikoyi were never a slums even before d era of Tinubu. All the new settlements in mowe, ibafo and ikorodu, na Tinubu help dem grade their communities, na him help them put poles and drainage? Animal, Aboki Shettima.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by amba1(m): 8:21am On Jan 24, 2023
I feel any information here should be true and objective.
Lagos state has been developing for many years before and after the leadership of all former governors and serving governor.
However,there are still slums in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Treadway: 8:22am On Jan 24, 2023
VULCAN:
Lagos became Nigeria's capital under the colonialists in 1914

And lost it when Babangida moved it to Abuja in 1991

That's 77 yrs

well done. I have attached a screenshot, from the Lagos lands bureau nonetheless, just incase some cretin still wants to argue this simple well known fact.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Memphitz357: 9:25am On Jan 24, 2023
delpee:
Story! That's for those who didn't reside in Lagos before 1999. The most annoying thing is that we had water flowing from taps at home and public taps on the streets before then. All the mini waterworks built by Jakande seem to be non functional now. It's either boreholes or mairuwa all the way.

Ikeja, Ilupeju etc and all the industrial estates were built in the era of Awolowo. The former Western Region started from Fadeyi on Ikorodu Road. The seat of government was on the Island extending only to Yaba and Surulere. Lagos had decent places to live in not slums.

Lekki exists today because Jakande built the road to Epe which was hitherto only accessible through Ikorodu/Ijebu axis. Most of the major institutions and agencies were built by LKJ apart from his truly low cost housing and masses oriented transportation system.
Are you minding those irredeemable f00ls?
The current status is a slum compared to the Lagos of Colonel Buba Marwa.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Ephemmm: 9:44am On Jan 24, 2023
God1000:

And he brought both of them into power just like you always accuse him of bringing Buhari.

So, Kudos to him.
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Primusinterpares(m): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2023
This guy is a Hustler... He is rooting for tinubu because if Tinubu wins he becomes president by proxy..
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by SirJerrie(m): 10:05am On Jan 24, 2023
If not for TINUBU, Nigeria wouldn't have discovered Oil
If not for TINUBU, Lagosians were living in darkness
If not for TINUBU, planet moon wouldn't have a moon!!!

All hail the great provider!!!
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Bragalane: 10:16am On Jan 24, 2023
Just imagine this idiot talk about comprehension. Where did I refer anyone talking about Obi ?

Are you brain dead to the extent you can not comprehend I can deduce my own narrative or are you simply a lunatic ?

Eko Atlantic is a private investment and of course the state govt just watch Chagoury descend of it to start building like this is how Dangote refinery descended on Lagos too n started building because it's a private investment too.

When we say the Igbo are producing more lunatics n cursed souls from your university with vagabond like you as a perfect example.

A. The conducive environment provided for business thrive counts for nothing.

B. Safety guaranting investors investment count for nothing as well.

C. Lagos being the number FDI destination in the country also counts for nothing because a bloody bastard n foolish Igbo declared so.

D. Tax concession n support provided to business also counts for nothing.

The photo you attached show exactly why you are brain dead like every typical foolish Igbo whose pathetic miserable life as been consumed by chronic bigotry and irredeemable hatred for the superior Yoruba.

It was clearly stated that he was only able to take yearly IGR from 600M to and an average of 1.22 billion years. Is that not over 100% growth and is the same Alpha Beta that generated that not generating a trillion yearly while no state in the country is able to generate even 1/3 of thay today. What was Pandora achievement in IGR ?

If any governor among your cursed Igbo governor can achieve half of that will you cursed n miserable souls not worship him ?

Save my monicker next time I am not among those you can quote with the foolishness you celebrate in Alaigbo, even your father dare not contest intelligence with me. Oloshious fellow !

mayo47:
People really need to improve their comprehension skills. Being a graduate doesn't mean you're educated.
Where did he talk about Obi? What if he's supporting Sowore before making your baseless assumption

Know your facts before typing unintelligently!!

Banana Island was a Private Development built by City Property Development Ltd, Lebanese-Nigerian Chagoury Group in partnership with the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing. The project was later forcefully acquired by Lagos State after a 10 year court case. It was never built by Lagos State Govt

Eko Atlantic City - Also a Private Development, Lagos State was only a strategic partner and didn't provide any funding for Eko Atlantic City

As for the IGR claim, see attached.

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 24, 2023
Tinubu has overshadowed ex gov ambode;s glory.The latter deserve all the achievements.
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Bragalane: 10:33am On Jan 24, 2023
Foolish Igbo everywhere on NL this morning. Have you fools seen Tinubu or Fashola defend that like Peter Obi defended ipob.

Should you fools not be saluting Tinubu sagacity n insight not to meddle or support Oduduwa Nation from the onset or was it not the initial support foolish souls like Pandora Peter Obi, Abaribe n other Igbo politicians gave Ipob that you have to pay for with your father now being beheaded across the length n breath of Alaigbo today. The fact many of you foolish Igbos chose to deliberately go foolish when you should have spoken up does not mean we will join you in your foolishness.

Ekeneegwu:

My brother check your head and see if your brain is working .. when you elected Buhari president was boko boys not a mayhem in the country and did your lord and master deny them . Cos some elements in the state are stupid don’t mean every one is stupid … ok as south west is known for skull mining will fashola or Tinubu deny he is from south west .
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by OkoRemi2023(m): 10:47am On Jan 24, 2023
Northerners are not betrayal so Shettima calm down, they're supporting Tinubu full hand down

Southwest and Northern politically allies is not breaking anytime soon

Despite Atiku is on contest, Northerners still stand with Tinubu

God bless North and Northerners

with Tinubu, Nigeria is in safe hands
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Ten06(m): 10:50am On Jan 24, 2023
Lagos that was Nigeria capital was a slum. Please, look for another lie
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by simplesearch: 11:08am On Jan 24, 2023
Taqya @ play. This man can tell lies with bold face. You mean the Lagos that serves as the FCT for years and where Tinubu won a senatorial election in the early 90's or another Lagos? Lagos have been in existence and a commercial hub even before he was born is the one he's referring to as a slum. Telling blatant lies to gain electoral sympathy says much about the Integrity of this man.

PS: A man born in 1966 talking about a state that existed as FCT six long years before he was born.
I shake my for all this people without truth and character who are bent on foisting themselves on the nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by iwaeda: 11:19am On Jan 24, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Well stated!

God bless Shettima for the deep insight!

Asiwaju turned around the course of Lagos, and made sure the continuity of his dreams were fulfilled in subsequent administration!

He had a big dream and its materializing!

History will never forget Asiwaju! His name will be engraved in gold plaques!

We had a Governor who ruled for same 8 years and all he can boast of his WAEC results of students who studied hard for their exams. Oh! And the failed investment he made in a beer parlour business.

I want to use these medium to applaud and appreciate all loyal and dogged supporters of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I want you all to know that history will also not forget how we all stood firm and strong in changing the course of Nigeria. How we went all out for Asiwaju against all odds!

The next generation will always individually remember our courage, doggedness, perseverance, bravery and dignity.

...The labour of our hero`s past, shall never be in vain....

Just because of what you will eat. Check out Yaba, Surulere, Ebute-Meta, Ikeja, Ilupeju, V/I and Ikoyi of 60s, 70s, 80, and 90s and compared to now. If you are not old enough, ask your parents. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Iceberg3: 11:27am On Jan 24, 2023
yemex04:
let us know when your opened mouth is closed grin
Re: Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) by Iceberg3: 11:32am On Jan 24, 2023
OkoRemi2023:
Northerners are not betrayal so Shettima calm down, they're supporting Tinubu full hand down

Southwest and Northern politically allies is not breaking anytime soon

Despite Atiku is on contest, Northerners still stand with Tinubu

God bless North and Northerners

with Tinubu, Nigeria is in safe hands

So shettima should calm down,huh!??!! grin grin grin

So shettima should not speak again!!? grin grin grin grin

So you eko was a super slum until 1999?! Haaa!!!! Ojigbijigbijigbijigbi!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Imagine if an Igbo said this grin
Shettima issa now an Igbo man grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sokoto Guber: PDP Loses As Tribunal Delivers Judgment / Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan / Is The Worst Democracy Better Than The Best Military Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.