Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? (9384 Views)

Which Would You Advise Going For: A 130k Job In Ibadan Or A 200k Job In Lagos? / 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba / 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Chisave: 1:49pm On Jan 24, 2023
H
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by occfx: 1:51pm On Jan 24, 2023
Class01:
So I had this conversation with someone and it seems we both have different opinions about it so we decided to seek for wider opinions.

Which will you go for
1) A lecturing job in a state college of education outside Lagos (salary: Normal naija lecturer package.)

2) A data analyst ( stock invoice) in Lagos which requires you to go to work Monday to Saturday. (Salary 200k)

Which will you pick and why?

Chai take lecturing job outside Lagos ooo. Lagos is over hyped, leave Lagos, though life wil slow down a little but it's better for your sanity.
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by initiate: 2:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
if its a woman lagos will give you wider options
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Crafteck1: 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2023
Class01:
So I had this conversation with someone and it seems we both have different opinions about it so we decided to seek for wider opinions.

Which will you go for
1) A lecturing job in a state college of education outside Lagos (salary: Normal naija lecturer package.)

2) A data analyst ( stock invoice) in Lagos which requires you to go to work Monday to Saturday. (Salary 200k)

Miniflat in lag is now 1m on d average
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by oyebanji(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
what are your aspirations careerwise...?

Class01:

Which will you go for

Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Fame1309(f): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
Has anyone held of LCREDIT loan app recently?pls if you see them,tell them I want to pay their money.they have stopped calling me for months now, what is happening to LCREDIT?
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by kenchop: 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
GET OUT OF LAGOS AND LIVE A HEALTHY AND PEACEFUL LIFE. THANK ME LATER...
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by soke02(m): 3:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
jeromestarks:
No free advice again.

If you need advice, pay $10.

Advice don cost.
seconded
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by phemmyfour: 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2023
Class01:

Which will you go for

In all you do...stay in Lagos
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Grupo(m): 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2023
I believe this is a joke question.

Choose the data analyst job.

With the experience you build there, you'll easily find better offers.

What the fu*k is a lecturing job?

Before you consider a job, ask yourself, "how much do people at the peak of their careers in this job earn?"

Use the information to judge if you will take the job.

As an assistant lecturer, which you are going to start as, you will be paid less than 100k.

If you eventually become a professor, your salary will be less than 400k. That's bullshit.

Maybe you want to become a lecturer to be collecting bribe from students and sleeping with female students.
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by TheA5R(m): 4:14pm On Jan 24, 2023
I'll take the lecturing job and run a side hustle as a freelance data analyst.
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by sniperr007(m): 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
Class01:

Which will you go for

Depends on long term career plans
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Teeroyzimma: 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2023
Fame1309:
Has anyone held of LCREDIT loan app recently?pls if you see them,tell them I want to pay their money. they have stopped calling me for months now, what is happening to LCREDIT?
Shey you dey whine?

Google Play has taken down the app since.
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Teeroyzimma: 6:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
Una dey underestimate the insecurity for Lagos, una never jam those ikorodu or Muhsin dare devil's that will injure/kill you after taking your phone without you resisting.

Stay away from that state una no dey hear.

Class01
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Primusinterpares(m): 6:42pm On Jan 24, 2023
remsonik:
The lecturing job is better. You become a civil servant. As you progress in service you get promotions and your salary increases. When you retire you will also be paid pension and gratuity with less stress at work.

As a lecturer in the civil service you also get invited to be a visiting lecturer in several other institutions and as you grow in service you profession will also generate a side business for you in the education industry and you will flourish well. You can get a data analysis jobs top organization will give you as contracts to do for them. You can start a school, you can open a business center in the college of education, universities and do well in business related to your field.

Sit at Lagos for 200k in a month that you can't spend at peace or afford it in full!
Pension Yes...

Gratituity is out of Nigeria system... All thanks to OBJ.

2 Likes

Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Powersurge: 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2023
Class01:

Which will you go for

Data Analyst.
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Fame1309(f): 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
Does it mean they no longer operate?
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Fame1309(f): 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
Teeroyzimma:
Shey you dey whine?

Google Play has taken down the app since.
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by IyaTola: 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
Adeniyiademola:

grin grin IyaTola Haba!! That is a typical Nigerian lecturer recommendation. Don't let the current frustrated students reason your matter o
Oga go and sit down you will even do worse if offered the opportunity
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by IyaTola: 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
It's like a police job
mployer:

The lecturing job is like signing a life-time contract with poverty.

In Lagos, anything can happen.
wink
Medianna:
Youve not added:
For A-25k
For B- 20k
For C-10k
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by IyaTola: 10:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
Godsown0:

Thief! Na ur type dey make things hard for students 🤮
Didn't you buy hand out and textbooks plus tutorials you attended and paid. Let face it it'd a dog eat dog situation in Nigeria
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by larrypourl(m): 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
If you want the fast life, with money, go for the Data Analyst job, opportunities abounds. But if you want it slow and steady, you can reason lecturing, just know that It'll take you 12years (Senior Lecturer) if you're employed with your Bsc and 9years with Msc in a College of Education to start earning over 200k. Lecturing job na advanced teaching jobs for naija oo, it's only for those that wants to impact and not make huge money.

1 Like

Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Teeroyzimma: 8:23am On Jan 25, 2023
Fame1309:

yes
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Fame1309(f): 9:04pm On Jan 25, 2023
Teeroyzimma:
yes
Na waoh.thanks for the info bro.
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by lavylilly: 7:30am On Jan 30, 2023
grin
Godsown0:

Thief! Na ur type dey make things hard for students 🤮
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Lemmy123(m): 8:14am On Feb 04, 2023
Fame1309:

Na waoh.thanks for the info bro.

Is that you on your DP?
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by Fame1309(f): 7:40am On Feb 05, 2023
[quote author=Lemmy123 post=120621139]

Is that you on your DP?[/quote
She is my mother.
Re: A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? by oloyeagbaakin(m): 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2023
Go for the money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recruitment For Call Center Agents For Gtbank. / Where Can I Learn Interior Decor Part Time / 48,000 Apply For 2,000 Jobs In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.