Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) (27504 Views)

Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal / Installation Of New Catholic Bishop In Ekwulobia Anambra Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / Catholic Church Ordains Okara, A Kegite Club Member, As Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by Emir01: 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
They have finally changed the constitution of church. Appointing female as head of Church or Mosque is a new innovation.
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by pikechukwu6(m): 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2023
So she will celebrating services while on menses embarassed
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by Ijaya123: 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2023
Is this in line with biblical standards or just to dance to the tunes of present day pressure from present day gender equality advocates

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by Evidenx(m): 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2023
These things only happens in the church pf men not of Christ!.
A woman is not permitted to climb the altar to preach let alone be ordained a bishop.

A bishop without the anointing is a BOOKSHOP.
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by Kaycee54321(m): 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2023
folake4u:

It is really unfortunate. Your mother should have asked God for a plot of land at Lekki instead of birthing an irredeemable fool like you.

Hehehe. I love creative violence.

I know nothing about the context of this....but I'm saving this one.
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by emapeteum(m): 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2023
Is this Biblical?
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by bluestone2015: 3:46pm On Jan 24, 2023
By their comments we shall know them
Daniel7543:
Bishop for day time, olosho for night.
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by bluestone2015: 3:48pm On Jan 24, 2023
You need not bother. We know male oloshos by their comments
makavalley:

Wonder if you've a mother, like did you parents raise you? No manners you just come to public forum and spill rubbish ...what mannerless kid you're...well I blame China for making phones cheap and it got to you dunce
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by KillerBeauty(f): 3:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
Nasige:
Is this actually biblical or just western practices
Isn't Christianity a religion brought to Africa by westerners?

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by Ajalalomo: 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
I am not a religious person, and I don’t like to argue when it comes to words of God.

The Bible is very clear on this issue. The office, role, function, and title of pastor or bishop are reserved only for biblically qualified men.
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by AskProf: 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2023
Favour542:
please guys please don't just scroll pass. please I beg you in the name of almighty GOD pls someone should please help me and my daughter, we have nothing to eat since yesterday please.we have been surviving on drinking garri and help from a few friends but lately everyone has abandon us and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head while I await for my salary please. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. May GOD bless you
Acct num;
/color][color=dark]747
8[/color][color=dark]6
First Bank
Faith

The cursed scamming fraudster Anthony M Okeke.

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by folake4u(f): 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kaycee54321:

Hehehe. I love creative violence.

I know nothing about the context of this....but I'm saving this one.

Hahahahaha. Nor kill me this hot afternoon. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by AskProf: 4:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
Favour542:
please guys please don't just scroll pass. please I beg you in the name of almighty GOD pls someone should please help me and my daughter, we have nothing to eat since yesterday please.we have been surviving on drinking garri and help from a few friends but lately everyone has abandon us and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head while I await for my salary please. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. May GOD bless you
Acct num;
[/color][color=dark]747
[/color][color=dark]996
First Bank
Faith

Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by Rheetaa(f): 4:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
Idiots like you made me stop reading Nairaland comments: nothing intelligent to offer. Btw, you think everyone here is your mate to be polluting their space?
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by 5starMan: 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2023
Worthy is the Lamb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by donami(m): 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
Daniel7543:

To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by oluwaseyi0: 4:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
God1000:
This is good, but why is she the first in this age and time? Is it that more women aren't aspiring to be bishops

most religions don't rate women

Islam and Christianity inclusive

just as most religions don't care about slavery, in fact, they command slaves to obey their masters and don't really frown on masters sleeping with slave

all you are seeing up there is not religion per se, it's the current age and time we are forcing itself on religion
modernization is what is happening not the religion itself

2 Likes

Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by Roon9(m): 4:30pm On Jan 24, 2023
Daniel7543:

She's not like your mom
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by Osariemen12: 4:43pm On Jan 24, 2023
The real Christians, unlike their mad Pentecostal counterparts.
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by botiwunoluwa120: 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2023
Is this biblical? Or just modern tautology??Congratulations to her in furthering the cause of Christ (just like Mary Magdalene)....Is this biblical? Or just modern tautology??Congratulations to her in furthering the cause of Christ (just like Mary Magdalene).......
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by middlebelter(m): 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
Daniel7543:

May God forgive you and not allow your mouth/ finger to kill you with what you type.
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by Oloniyan(m): 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
5starMan:
Worthy is the Lamb

Halleluyah!

2 Likes

Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by yemmit90: 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2023
Nasige:
Is this actually biblical or just western practices

Not biblical to the best of my knowledge. This is why people see Christianity as a joke of religion. These crook called themselves pastors/Bishops always bend the rules where it doesn't suit them.

Timothy 2: 11. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
2:12 . But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Deuteronomy 4:2, You must not add anything to what I command you or take anything away from it, so that you may keep the commands of the Lord your God I am giving you.

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by zoghys: 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2023
FashionCookie:

Una dey vex for the silly thing...what of the idiots that liked his post?

Lol

1 Like

Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by Gospel2Day: 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2023
Sinful Rebellion against the Bible.
Continue to do your own.
God will do His own too on Judgement Day.
This WOKE generation is racing and rushing to Hell Fire 🔥.
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by nedu2000(m): 5:42pm On Jan 24, 2023
The Bible clearly forbids it
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by AdaojoTheUrchin: 5:42pm On Jan 24, 2023
Daniel7543:

Gen Z pikin from rotten home. Born-throway🙂
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by lookingfly: 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
ebukajay184:
Methodist Church Ordains First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos)

https://igberetvnews.com/1437504/methodist-church-ordains-first-female-bishop-nigeria-photos/
this one na old story na
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by hero2000: 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
Methodist church trying to be woke.

What does the Bible say?

She and her ordainers will face God one day.
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by solajacobs(m): 6:42pm On Jan 24, 2023
Daniel7543:
Why not shut your mouth up instead of saying trash
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by GloriousGbola: 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
folake4u:

It is really unfortunate. Your mother should have asked God for a plot of land at Lekki instead of birthing an irredeemable fool like you.

This woman - is this what they are teaching you in the court?

Vicious counters that leave your opposing counsel tongue tied cheesy
Re: Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) by folake4u(f): 7:06pm On Jan 24, 2023
GloriousGbola:

This woman - is this what they are teaching you in the court?

Vicious counters that leave your opposing counsel tongue tied cheesy

Oga , why you always dey attack me. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Benny Hinn And His Wife Get Back Together / Dressing Seductively To Deposit Lust In The Heart Of Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.