Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos (17789 Views)

Video Of The Soon To Be Completed J Randle Centre In Lagos / Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History / President Buhari Commissions The Ziks Mausoleum In Onitsha- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by omonnakoda: 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Will you stop posting utter rubbish!

Most…if not all large corporate entities like banks, and multinational coys like construction and oil/gas related industries have their headquarters either in Lagos or Abuja! The political-economy Nigeria has been practicing since the late 60s coupled with the avarice and bigotry of some Fulani and Yoruba actors in governance led to this!

If you’re so cocksure of the ‘superiority’ of your ethnic group over others and your ability to survive on your own, then support those calling for the dissolution of this corrupt and warped ‘federation’ let all ethnicities and regions go and USE THEIR OWN HUMAN AND NATURAL RESOURCES TO DEVELOP AT THEIR OWN PACE! Don’t hide behind ‘one Nigeria’ and be feeling all ‘superior’ and funky while wickedly ganging up to hold down those you see as the ‘enemy’….the ‘hated competition’!
You sound bitter

like an ugly woman that no one toasts

Blaming fine woman for her woes
Saying if You are sure you are fine just give me more yansh and see how men won't leave my side

dem dey give yansh?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by ElSudani: 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Will you stop posting utter rubbish!

Most…if not all large corporate entities like banks, and multinational coys like construction and oil/gas related industries have their headquarters either in Lagos or Abuja! The political-economy Nigeria has been practicing since the late 60s coupled with the avarice and bigotry of some Fulani and Yoruba actors in governance led to this!

If you’re so cocksure of the ‘superiority’ of your ethnic group over others and your ability to survive on your own, then support those calling for the dissolution of this corrupt and warped ‘federation’ let all ethnicities and regions go and USE THEIR OWN HUMAN AND NATURAL RESOURCES TO DEVELOP AT THEIR OWN PACE! Don’t hide behind ‘one Nigeria’ and be feeling all ‘superior’ and funky while wickedly ganging up to hold down those you see as the ‘enemy’….the ‘hated competition’!

Support you to secede? Are you saying you can't do it on your own?
By the way, it is too early to start talking about secession. Wait till Obi is thoroughly spanked in February.
Just to remind you, this "warped federation" was the creation of Aguiyi Ironsi an Ibo man.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
LILTJAY:
Where is that fool that said oil money built Lagos?
The same oil money should build the SS na grin grin

He’s right! Both directly and indirectly, oyel money built Lagos in particular and the entire Nigeria in general! Those places where a disproportionate amount of our commonwealth where invested are still feeling the benefits today!
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by Benrosaria(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
Dj khaled - another one.
Best campaign strategy amongst all nigerian presidents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by UncommonLogic: 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
porthouse7:
same rubbish one Igbo guy was saying at a gathering that agbero too much in Lagos until I confront him with fact agbero are worse in Anambra than Lagos, the guyman just calm down

Don't mind the hypocrites. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by ElSudani: 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2023
IGBOSON1:

He’s right! Both directly and indirectly, oyel money built Lagos in particular and the entire Nigeria in general! Those places where a disproportionate amount of our commonwealth where invested are still feeling the benefits today!

Oyel money ko, colanut money ni. Cocoa was making money for Nigeria before oil was discovered. Lagos was already a thriving port long before oil was discovered. Oil money developed Abuja, not Lagos.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by ebufa: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
Realist12:
Lagos has to influence Nigeria. I believe everyone wants their most successful kids to carry his siblings along . Its no wonder most Nigerians most preferred destination within the country is Lagos.
Lagos is on a level of it's own in our country hence the heavy rural urban migration , we have to colonize ourselves again, the bourgeoisie have to colonize the proletariat, likewise the urban have to colonize the rural ,for example Ibom deep seaports can be completed in record time if only the state government met a good framework and invited investors like Lagos did . The revolution we need .
Lagos has to colonize Nigeria, Lagos is best fitted for this task coz its the most multi ethnic,democratic, civilized , melting point of Nigeria culture and arts, let's give it up for the city boy ,a fine accountant and administrator , if we truly want to see growth if not we dey play .
BAT2027 ♾

Yoruba penchance for triumphalism and demarketing other ethnic nations is the reason why yorubaland will never excel globally...........who mentions Lagos , when People talk of Accra, Cape town,Johannesburg,Cairo......even Kigali and Kinshasa ...let us not talk of Dar esalam...........you cannot cut your nose to spite your face!

Instead of using Lagos as a gateway to the whole Nigerian economy.........Lagos without the rest of Nigeria is not nearly as attractive as other African economies !
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by emonis88: 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
N Tinubu built the western region? The western region was the idea of great Yoruba leaders of old, but Lagos benefited d most cus of it proximity to the sea. Other wester regions didn't much cus of the discovery of oil, which decieved n lured our leaders away from the cocoa, n rubber plantations. Lagos was still used for it export n import of goods, that is d magic wand ,n that y he doesn't want other seaport potencials in Nigeria to function.
ElSudani:

80% of what is Lagos state now was under the western region. There you go.
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by Mitsurugi(m): 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
Zulum500:

Getaway... Miscreants are also in upper iweka

So let's elect the king of miscreants then🐒
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by omonnakoda: 3:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Triumphalism?
That is what I call the behaviour of those who killed the leaders of others in 1966,spared their own and made a song about it. EWU NE BE AKWA

Lagos has always created this so called commonwealth
There has never been a time that our budget was funded e even 50% by oil
We fought civil war without oil
We emerged from the war without debt

Built Kainji Dam,Niger Bridge,Cocoa House without oil
Net Lagos has ALWAYS Contributed more than it received
Nigeria generously have Iboes twenty pounds after the war it was not from oil
In 1973 oil was $2 and only exploded 1974 after the Yom Kippur war
It did not last
In 1983 Buhari took over and oil price has crashed and stayed low until Obasanjo took over except for a brief spike during the Gulf war

The port in Lagos was generating £245 000 in 1904
Today that is over 20 billion naira

The port of Lagos has ALWAYS Contributed
https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by ba7man(m): 3:23pm On Jan 24, 2023
God1000:
Our leaders commission and celebrate things that are not worth celebrating
Correction, your kind support leaders that aren't known for commissioning anything.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by ElSudani: 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
emonis88:
N Tinubu built the western region? The western region was the idea of great Yoruba leaders of old, but Lagos benefited d most cus of it proximity to the sea. Other wester regions didn't much cus of the discovery of oil, which decieved n lured our leaders away from the cocoa, n rubber plantations. Lagos was still used for it export n import of goods, that is d magic wand ,n that y he doesn't want other seaport potencials in Nigeria to function.

What has Tinubu got to do with the fact that most of what is Lagos State now was part the western region?
And who exactly did not want other sea ports in Nigeria?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by omonnakoda: 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
ebufa:

Yoruba penchance for triumphalism and demarketing other ethnic nations is the reason why yorubaland will never excel globally...........who mentions Lagos , when People talk of Accra, Cape town,Johannesburg,Cairo......even Kigali and Kinshasa ...let us not talk of Dar esalam...........you cannot cut your nose to spite your face!

Instead of using Lagos as a gateway to the whole Nigerian economy.........Lagos without the rest of Nigeria is not nearly as attractive as other African economies !
Another embittered Ebo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by emonis88: 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
seunjungle1:
Did Asiwaju governed any of your mentioned states except Lagos...do you expect Asiwaju to transfer Lagos igr to those state.
Asiwaju has tried his best in introducing to those states governors with great ideas and we can see their good impacts..e.g
Ajimobi of Oyo state
Amosun of Ogun state
Fayemi of Ekiti state
Ogbeni Aregbesola of osun state
Akeredolu of your ondo state

Though some of them might not be able to do to our expectation but we can still say they performed more than those under PDP time

Have u been to those states to know if they performed better than their predecessors? Oyo for example ditched AC now APC for PDP, u know better than those on ground there? Osun has followed suite in the last election there, u know better than those there? He claims he raised people, pls who wouldn't want his son to be greater than he is, cus when ever people point to his success they il point to d father who taught him all he knows. Was there success in those states? Y the change if those states were winning with those governor's? Lala!!!
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by emonis88: 3:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
ElSudani:

What has Tinubu got to do with the fact that most of what is Lagos State now was part the western region?
And who exactly did not want other sea ports in Nigeria?
Hmmm!! Who doesn't? Ur answer is as good as mine.
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by baby124: 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2023
RichAbujaGuy:
Dr. Randle is worth the honour. I had to look up his gallant history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Randle_(physician)
JK Randle is a Yoruba man, never an American. What does that American have to do with Yoruba culture that we will build a whole center for him?
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2023
ElSudani:

Support you to secede? Are you saying you can't do it on your own?
By the way, it is too early to start talking about secession. Wait till Obi is thorough spanked in February.

Depends on the dynamics at play at any given point in time: the means by which said secession is being pursued (whether peaceful or violent); the involvement/interest of the int’l community (esp’ the west); and the geo-political permutations on a local level (if any second leg of the tripod has the boldness, confidence and desire is to join the one seceding to face the hegemonic third who wants the status-quo to continue)! wink
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by ElSudani: 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Depends on the dynamics at play at any given point in time: the means by which said secession is being pursued (whether peaceful or violent); the involvement/interest of the int’l community (esp’ the west); and the geo-political permutations on a local level (if any second leg of the tripod has the boldness, confidence and desire is to join the one seceding to face the hegemonic third who wants the status-quo to continue)! wink

Nobody was consulted when a carefully negotiated federation was destroyed by Aguiyi Ironsi. What you call the status quo was the creation of an Ibo dictator.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by Igbek76: 3:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
The East do not commission any viable project but focus their hate on the the man and yorubas commissioning projects they are trooping in from their red mud enclaves to enjoy.
Very wicked race...Igbo.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by Realist12: 4:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
ebufa:

what rubbish are you talking about ? No one is any supremacy battle with you, isn't it ironic that you couldn't mention one Nigerian city in your write up. All I'm saying is the best should lead the rest and you agree with me but you lying to yourself.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by FireUpNow(m): 4:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
The traffic for that area today na die
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by MightySparrow: 4:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
...... when the leader leads...

Oodua a gbe wa o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by DeepSight(m): 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
Cyberterror:
The owner of Nestoil is an Anambara man. He was born and brought up in Anambara. He started his business as a trader in Onitsha market. But when he became super wealthy, he went to Lagos to build a super structure to house his company's headquarters in Tinubu's Lagos because his own Anambara under Peter Obi was not conducive for investment. When you vote next month, know that what Nigeria needs is an investment magnet not a man whose company in the UK was closed down because of incompetence and fraud.

This is just like saying that someone from elsewhere in Egypt went to set up his HQ in Cairo or someone from elsewhere in SA went to set up his HQ in Jo'Burg.

Kini big deal? Normal normal.
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by JohnnA1: 4:42pm On Jan 24, 2023
Jogs1900:
God bless Lagos state
Amen! And God continue to bless South West (Yorubaland) Amen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by Jogs1900: 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
JohnnA1:
Amen! And God continue to bless South West (Yorubaland) Amen.
God will continue to bless everybody that prays for the progress of Lagos state and other states in the Southwest..Amen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by ebufa: 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2023
Realist12:
what rubbish are you talking about ? No one is any supremacy battle with you, isn't it ironic that you couldn't mention one Nigerian city in your write up. All I'm saying is the best should lead the rest and you agree with me but you lying to yourself.

You can only fool nitwits with your buffoonery! you said Lagos should COLONIZE cities at the periphery ? I hope you know COLONIZE and COLONY have severe derogatory connotations!

Imagine a Lagosian asking a NIGER DELTAN to negotiate his independence of thought and mind! on what basis may I ask? Oga do not provoke me with your pedestrian line of logic o!....what is it with you people sef! the medicine you dread to take you dish out to others thoughtlessly........go and civilize your mind sir!
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by Realist12: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
ebufa:

You can only fool nitwits with your buffoonery! you said Lagos should COLONIZE cities at the periphery ? I hope you know COLONIZE and COLONY have severe derogatory connotations!

Imagine a Lagosian asking a NIGER DELTAN to negotiate his independence of thought and mind! on what basis may I ask? Oga do not provoke me with your pedestrian line of logic o!....what is it with you people sef! the medicine you dread to take you dish out to others thoughtlessly........go and civilize your mind sir!
if you comprehend the concept of colonization then you choose to interpret another thing , then it's not my fault . Nigeria state is colonizing it's territory till date , is that a bad thing?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by ebufa: 5:16pm On Jan 24, 2023
omonnakoda:
Another embittered Ebo

The problem with you people that parrot this Lagos is paradise nonsense is that you are provincial either in thought and world view or you were brought up in one faraway province of yorubaland! I have met your kind of emergency intellectuals in Lagos,Port Harcourt and even in Indiana...we have the naive ile -oluji hoardes here in Indy.........forming intellect when they are mere naive jjcs....1

To my point, I am a complete Lagosian, grew up in Docemo,nnamdi Azikiwe and Tom Jones area of Isale Eko.............when to school around campos square,yaba ,Onikan and Unilag in Onike! I know lagos like the back of my hand! Attended church at Holy cross cathedral before moving to RCCG............I know Yorubas like the back of my hand! I know where they are good and I know when they are awful!

Lagos of today is not the Lagos of the 70s and 80s...............the ambience of Lagos is certainly not in the league of accra,Daresalaam ,nairobi etc...What I am saying is that Lagos has to improve at a much faster rate...instead of competing with marginalised and badly run eastern cities,Lagos should be extracted from Tinubu and mc oluomo types and run by young and vibrant Yoruba elites.................. Thank God for Sanwa olu .......who in my view is underated some what........I like the man's vision !

mocking ndigbo for complaning of obvious marginalisation is very insensitive...............and it will only stunt the growth of lagos in the end!
Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by BentizilL: 5:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
wonder233:
What do you mean by Tinubu's Lagos? This gave you away as one manifesting clear signs of Stockholm syndrome. So it was Tinubu's lagos when it was Nigeria's federal capital for half a century from pre independence, enjoying all the privileges from both the colonial masters, to the military rulers to the discovery of oil, to the oil boom and all? All the influx of commerce and corporate investments? You're a disgrace to education if you think so myopic, blinded by nothing but ethnic, religious and party loyalties. What a shame of a generation. I weep for the black man.
You will hurt even yourself just to spite another ethnic group. Its a pity
It's Tinubu Lagos, you can kindly find the next lagoon if that makes you unstable... 🤷
Less than 20% of lagos state was Nigeria capital, how on earth did oil boom developed Lagos?

Why can't the oil boom develop Delta, Akwa ibom, Rivers and southeastern states?

Your envy means nothing, Tinubu lagos will always be above you...
God bless Omoluabi.. kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by ebufa: 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
Realist12:
if you comprehend the concept of colonization then you choose to interpret another thing , then it's not my fault . Nigeria state is colonizing it's territory till date , is that a bad thing?

You sound like reasonable fellow unlike most nairaland kids on this forum! This is what i always challenge my yoruba friends with.........I dare you to take the onitsha challenge. If it were possible I will ask you to go and live for 12 months in any part of onitsha....and invest or take up paid employment there for 12 months........sha live and work there for 12 months only! After 12 months let us talk.........you actually feel ndigbo talk nonsense when they complain of marginalisation?

we wear the shoe and we know where it pinches...........the marginalisation of the east is real and it is deliberate! it is unfortunate that most yorubas do not appreciate that fact.................a big pity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by BentizilL: 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
ebufa:

How can a certain people exhibit bad belle?... angry
Lagos is above Accra, Dares Salaam, Kigali...
Same league with Cairo, Johannesburg, Kinshasa...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos by wonder233: 5:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
This ozuo doesn't even know what it means for a state to be the federal capital of a country at its infancy. It means all the foundational development of that new country will be focused there. From government ministries to private corporations. If you ask this retard who built 3rd mainland bridge, carter bridge, eko bridge. The whole 3 existing cross bridges in lagos till today, he won't know it was the military and colonial rulers. Chai, ignorance is a bad thing. They have told you people to be foaming in the mouth about people jumping in lagoon if they don't worship your tin god. Fuul
BentizilL:

It's Tinubu Lagos, you can kindly find the next lagoon if that makes you unstable... 🤷
Less than 20% of lagos state was Nigeria capital, how on earth did oil boom developed Lagos?

Why can't the oil boom develop Delta, Akwa ibom, Rivers and southeastern states?

Your envy means nothing, Tinubu lagos will always be above you...
God bless Omoluabi.. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 / Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years / Why INEC Cancelled Re-run Vote In Parts Of Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.